Jump to content


Advent Calendar compensation


  • Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Compensation for poor Advent Calendar and bad 25th surprise (91 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Should WG gives all players the option to buy 1 or 2 tanks from advent calendar for gold now we have seen all of them and the ugly surprise of 25 th ?

  1. Yes (29 votes [31.87%])

    Percentage of vote: 31.87%

  2. No (62 votes [68.13%])

    Percentage of vote: 68.13%

Vote Hide poll

Elleriel #1 Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:26 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 32685 battles
  • 137
  • [HAPY-] HAPY-
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012
After all this bad advent, should we have something back ? 

UserZer00 #2 Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:54 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 13986 battles
  • 1,074
  • Member since:
    03-05-2013
No

No

No

Heck no

No way in heck

No no no

Negative

You have the right to be dissapointed, but in no way are you due any compensation.

However, in protest, I think you should give back all the free and easily grinded items you received this month. Just to send them a strong message of your dissatisfaction

shikaka9 #3 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:22 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 74848 battles
  • 1,803
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
no way ... 2M players and 1 WG cup 

Shivvering #4 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:49 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35673 battles
  • 453
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011
Don't see the harm in them cycling back through a few until 01/01/2020

Edited by Shivvering, 26 December 2019 - 12:28 AM.


Interdiction #5 Posted 26 December 2019 - 12:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 3470 battles
  • 206
  • Member since:
    06-15-2014
Good point ..Why not give us the option to review what was on offer ...I may go for one or even two of them now that i Know the tank i was after is not in the Advent ..Also ..Let me gift tanks with gold to friends ...They are after all only pixels ..Where is the harm 

Gremlin182 #6 Posted 26 December 2019 - 12:12 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 60897 battles
  • 10,014
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

Interesting idea, I suggest they reveal the tanks one by one as now, with most of them available for cash or gold.

After the event ends open up all the tabs on the advent calendar with everything available for cash only.

If you offer them for gold as well all you do is put off all sales till after the event no one will buy till they can see all the tanks on offer.

 

Seems fair buy on the day for cash or gold taking a chance that something you want more might come later on.

Or wait till you have all the info but its cash only.

 

 



unhappy_bunny #7 Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:08 AM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 20638 battles
  • 4,076
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

Voted no. 

Nothing to be compensated for in my opinion.

There were various offer during the event. I looked at then and decided on the merits or not of each offer, whether to buy. I only bought 1 offer, for gold, and that was the HWK. The VK I wasn't interested in so I treated it the same way as I did the others that I passed on. 

 



Maroko_1337 #8 Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:14 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5729 battles
  • 188
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017

How dare you to say that rare tank VK is not interesting ? How dare you ?

 

In before someone bring the winchart of the VK to sell us that it's indeed a rare tank and he is super OP.

 

Anyway i voted no. They were not really interesting even if i started playing a month ago.

 

 

 

 


Edited by Maroko1337, 26 December 2019 - 01:15 AM.


LethalWalou #9 Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:16 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34115 battles
  • 2,036
  • [OISPA] OISPA
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

''Hey lets first throw countless insults, tantrums and rants at WG and then start demanding some nice things from them''

 

Absolutely nothing to be compensated, the players should really apologize for acting like spoiled kids.



unhappy_bunny #10 Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:24 AM

    Brigadier

  • Moderator
  • 20638 battles
  • 4,076
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostMaroko1337, on 26 December 2019 - 12:14 AM, said:

How dare you to say that rare tank VK is not interesting ? How dare you ?

 

In before someone bring the winchart of the VK to sell us that it's indeed a rare tank and he is super OP.

 

Anyway i voted no. They were not really interesting even if i started playing a month ago.

 

 

 

 


I didn't say the VK was not interesting, I said I was not interested in it.  Theres a big difference. 



Spurtung #11 Posted 26 December 2019 - 01:45 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 77467 battles
  • 7,463
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

Compensation. Over this.

 

LOL



Maroko_1337 #12 Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:02 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5729 battles
  • 188
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017
Big difference how ? If the tank was interesting, why would you pass on it ? There is no logical reason. And and the winchat is skyrock with that tank

ThorgrimBrenadim #13 Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:39 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36215 battles
  • 815
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

Don't think the Op is talking actual compensation.

But I do not understand why wargaming did not do what they did on a previous event and allow you to put 3 tanks into a reserved slot, if something better came along then you had to remove one if all three where filled to place the new tank into a slot and the option to do so only lasted for the day it was on sale.

 

If you had a few days before payday this allowed you to still get the tank you wanted, or if the was a tank you liked but another you really wanted you could reserve the one you liked and if the one you really wanted did not show up then you had the chance to buy the one you liked. This could only ever be a win win for wargaming so why they have not done this I do not understand it is such poor business practice to not do so. After all there where no seriously OP tanks involved or even ultra ultra rare very strong tanks either.

01:42 Added after 2 minute

View PostMaroko1337, on 26 December 2019 - 02:02 AM, said:

Big difference how ? If the tank was interesting, why would you pass on it ? There is no logical reason. And and the winchat is skyrock with that tank


Answer to your question you might only be able to afford ONE ! tank and you might have 2-3 you really want and a few you like so players will hold out for the one they really want. I did this and luckily for me the Lorr 40t was in the list but I was tempted by a few before the Lorr showed up, but as I could only justify buying one tank I held out.



Maroko_1337 #14 Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:46 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 5729 battles
  • 188
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017
i understand but this one is the last and the cherry on the cake as it's the last one and you have 5 days to get it when for the other one you only had 24h .

Spurtung #15 Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:08 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 77467 battles
  • 7,463
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 26 December 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

But I do not understand why wargaming did not do what they did on a previous event and allow you to put 3 tanks into a reserved slot, if something better came along then you had to remove one if all three where filled to place the new tank into a slot and the option to do so only lasted for the day it was on sale.

 

Because nobody was getting loot boxes to have extra gold for those...simples.

 

Doing it like they did then guarantees they squeeze out all the gold there is.

Doing it like they did now guarantees people will hold on to the gold in the hopes of better offers and end up with a lot of gold instead.

 

They create a cycle where people either have too much or too few to spend, and give them subpar offers to jump on.



ThorgrimBrenadim #16 Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:43 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 36215 battles
  • 815
  • Member since:
    06-22-2012

View PostSpurtung, on 26 December 2019 - 03:08 AM, said:

 

Because nobody was getting loot boxes to have extra gold for those...simples.

 

Doing it like they did then guarantees they squeeze out all the gold there is.

Doing it like they did now guarantees people will hold on to the gold in the hopes of better offers and end up with a lot of gold instead.

 

They create a cycle where people either have too much or too few to spend, and give them subpar offers to jump on.


Or you could look at it that being able to save 3 tanks as well as you still having the option to buy on the day could tempt players to buy more loot boxes as they have a few tanks saved already bought one tank and still a few days to go so possibility of another tank coming up but not enough gold to buy anymore. or they just pay cash, the player has the choice. Anthing that tempts players to buy more than one tank or buy in this case as well more loot boxes can only be a win win for wargaming. I am sat on near to 3k gold even after buying the Lorr so there is the chance I might have bought another ie the Larsen or the Skoda T27 or maybe another?? Now well I am sat on a few K gold and not spending any more money.

Also after the event leave those in the reserved ;list available for a week or so, many get paid monthly, so might not have the money to buy there and then but a week or two later may have the cash to buy one or two. 



Spurtung #17 Posted 26 December 2019 - 04:22 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 77467 battles
  • 7,463
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 26 December 2019 - 02:43 AM, said:


Or you could look at it that being able to save 3 tanks as well as you still having the option to buy on the day could tempt players to buy more loot boxes as they have a few tanks saved already bought one tank and still a few days to go so possibility of another tank coming up but not enough gold to buy anymore. or they just pay cash, the player has the choice. Anthing that tempts players to buy more than one tank or buy in this case as well more loot boxes can only be a win win for wargaming. I am sat on near to 3k gold even after buying the Lorr so there is the chance I might have bought another ie the Larsen or the Skoda T27 or maybe another?? Now well I am sat on a few K gold and not spending any more money.

Also after the event leave those in the reserved ;list available for a week or so, many get paid monthly, so might not have the money to buy there and then but a week or two later may have the cash to buy one or two. 

 

It's not that.

Last time, they give you ok deals, you save 3, have gold and buy 2 at the end. Win-win.

Now, they give you ok deals, you wait for better deals, keep getting boxes in the hopes of good deals. Got it?



ArdeleanuG #18 Posted 26 December 2019 - 05:09 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18069 battles
  • 48
  • Member since:
    02-26-2013

I will admit that I do not like the suprise that WG pulled with Advent Calendar on  the 25th day

BUT, this doesn't mean that we should have '' conpensations''

 

I AM HAPPY WITH THE ADVENT CALENDAR OVERALL SO  PERSONALLY I WILL LEAVE THINGS AS THEY ARE

 

NO NEED TO CHANGE ANYTHING / CONPENSATION  = NOT NEEDED



NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:34 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35800 battles
  • 5,440
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Wow, a thread demanding WG give players better opportunity to throw their money at WG as compensation for not giving them enough opportunity to throw their money at WG in the run up to Xmas.

Just, wow...

MrClark56 #20 Posted 26 December 2019 - 06:58 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 7696 battles
  • 2,578
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

You got a free santa claus as compensation..

Now move on.. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users