Jump to content


Why I hate the ''Block 2x HP of your tank'' for the German and Japanese tanks.


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

killer999death #1 Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:46 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26758 battles
  • 650
  • [JHS] JHS
  • Member since:
    06-25-2011

Flat. Big. Soon as 2 shots don't pen you everyone loads gold and you can F yourself to the garage.

 

 




Merry Christmas while I don'w a couple more beers trying to figure out how I'll ever do this mission.



Desyatnik_Pansy #2 Posted 25 December 2019 - 10:51 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 18799 battles
  • 27,179
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

Annoying as all heck, but I actually found one of the Alliance missions worse (for Excal), which was to block 5 Hits in a battle. Obviously it should be easier, but it requires like 15 Times (I wanna say the secondary; which I think is your own health blocked?; tripled it), and there were so many games where I'd just get shot 4 Times and then nothing more.

 

Also tbf, I can't blame the Cromwell in the second picture. He's clearly stock (hence 75 Alpha), with probably the 6-pdr still from the Crusader. It's frustrating, but in his case it makes sense.



Dava_117 #3 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:01 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23373 battles
  • 5,764
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

Well mate, if I get penned that much by the 112 250pen HEAT while driving VKb, I would be questioning my angling skills. ;)



Homer_J #4 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:03 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33147 battles
  • 36,664
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010
O-I can do this easy peasy but don't get up front.  Get seen way back and get those 122mm Russian guns shooting at you.

Edited by Homer_J, 25 December 2019 - 11:04 PM.
Too much Xmas cheer


shikaka9 #5 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:11 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 73820 battles
  • 1,610
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013

Type4 was my solution and went pretty well

 

german tanks has no armor 

 

 


Edited by shikaka9, 25 December 2019 - 11:13 PM.


AeyT #6 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:17 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 6938 battles
  • 134
  • Member since:
    05-25-2019
these missions suck. You just have to hope youre playing against morons who spam ap at you forever. Good luck.

killer999death #7 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26758 battles
  • 650
  • [JHS] JHS
  • Member since:
    06-25-2011

View PostDava_117, on 25 December 2019 - 11:01 PM, said:

Well mate, if I get penned that much by the 112 250pen HEAT while driving VKb, I would be questioning my angling skills. ;)




Magical turret pens despite making sure my turret is angled a little to not give him the notorious German flat spot. He still penned my turret half the time because [edited]my skills and knowladge about the game. The guy was even shooting HE at first cause he couldn't pen me but hey dabbing the 2 key boosts skill. Also coupola hits, these are hilarious to be honest, when I shoot them it's critical hit 0 damage when I get shot it's always damage + port [Edited]


 

22:24 Added after 4 minute

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 25 December 2019 - 10:51 PM, said:

Annoying as all heck, but I actually found one of the Alliance missions worse (for Excal), which was to block 5 Hits in a battle. Obviously it should be easier, but it requires like 15 Times (I wanna say the secondary; which I think is your own health blocked?; tripled it), and there were so many games where I'd just get shot 4 Times and then nothing more.

 

Also tbf, I can't blame the Cromwell in the second picture. He's clearly stock (hence 75 Alpha), with probably the 6-pdr still from the Crusader. It's frustrating, but in his case it makes sense.



I had trouble blocking 5 hits because at the time I played M103 and the armor on it is laughable. Large coupola is a weakspot, roof of turret is weak and the back of it sloped up is easily pennable too, gold pens gun mantlet and generally all the front, 47mm side armor so no side scraping and lower plate was always penned by anyone bothering aiming anywhere but dead center on it. By far one of the worst heavy tank I played yet somehow it managed.


One mission I find annoying is 5000 damage and destroy 3 modules/kill crew. The times I had 5000+ damage but didn't do the module crew kills or 3 module/crews but was a little short of 5000 damage is painfully frustrating. These missions rely a lot on RNG and less on skill IMO.


Edited by Desyatnik_Pansy, 25 December 2019 - 11:27 PM.
Removed swearing.


Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:26 PM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 18799 battles
  • 27,179
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View Postkiller999death, on 25 December 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

I had trouble blocking 5 hits because at the time I played M103 and the armor on it is laughable. Large coupola is a weakspot, roof of turret is weak and the back of it sloped up is easily pennable too, gold pens gun mantlet and generally all the front, 47mm side armor so no side scraping and lower plate was always penned by anyone bothering aiming anywhere but dead center on it. By far one of the worst heavy tank I played yet somehow it managed.

 

I had the T95, which sounds easy, but as I said, the problem was baiting people into actually shooting me. I have Tortoise as of recently, and found that would've been much better, as people will try to pen me a lot more rather than just not shooting me, and the armour often holds up enough for plenty of silly bounces. Honestly in the small number of games I have in it, I've probably had higher damage blocked games in Tortoise just based on people ACTUALLY shooting me.



Shivvering #9 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:28 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 35666 battles
  • 448
  • Member since:
    09-24-2011

Did mine in my Maus.

 

Just drove to the east side town on Minsk and sidescraped slightly at a silly angle and waited.

 



killer999death #10 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26758 battles
  • 650
  • [JHS] JHS
  • Member since:
    06-25-2011

View PostShivvering, on 25 December 2019 - 11:28 PM, said:

Did mine in my Maus.

 

Just drove to the east side town on Minsk and sidescraped slightly at a silly angle and waited.

 



I was thinking of using Maus and doing stupid things like driving into the middle of Malinovka or something. Can't be bothered to get into positions where my tank should have all the advantage but that get's thrown through the window when gold flies. 


But yeah, Maus.



Dava_117 #11 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:51 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 23373 battles
  • 5,764
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View Postkiller999death, on 25 December 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:




Magical turret pens despite making sure my turret is angled a little to not give him the notorious German flat spot. He still penned my turret half the time because [edited]my skills and knowladge about the game. The guy was even shooting HE at first cause he couldn't pen me but hey dabbing the 2 key boosts skill. Also coupola hits, these are hilarious to be honest, when I shoot them it's critical hit 0 damage when I get shot it's always damage + port [Edited]

 

The thing is that VKb has 265mm frontal turret armour. UFP is even stronger. But you turret roof front is "just" 230-240mm. AP and APCR simply bounce off but HEAT bounce at 85° so loading HEAT is actually a sensible choice and denote, if not skill, at least enought luck to find out a place and ammo combo that ended up with and orange-green pointer. 

 

Maus would be my choice. Just play normally as a Maus should be played and those x2 HP blocked damage mission will be done quite quickly. 



Right #12 Posted 25 December 2019 - 11:54 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 13024 battles
  • 6
  • [SWESD] SWESD
  • Member since:
    06-12-2011

View Postkiller999death, on 25 December 2019 - 10:34 PM, said:



I was thinking of using Maus and doing stupid things like driving into the middle of Malinovka or something. Can't be bothered to get into positions where my tank should have all the advantage but that get's thrown through the window when gold flies. 


But yeah, Maus.

But Maus armor still holds up well against gold



frange #13 Posted 26 December 2019 - 12:05 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 31322 battles
  • 47
  • [FRNR] FRNR
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013

VK.100.01p as top tier - with lowtier plebs in rasha donks dumping 175pen 390dmg at you while you sidescrape. If you are lucky even a a SU-152 bounces a few 750dmg shot and you're there.

 

Or else O-i as top tier - but it is kinda hard to sum up that much of blocking because low tier alpha... But most of those mission are easiest to do in the lowest tier as possible (a.k.a tier VI). 

 

I actually did the "block X amount of shots in the same match" in some tier VI-match where we got roflstomped and i was the last remaining tonk and needed like 5 more blocked to clear. So basically gave up. And theeeeeeeeen out of the blue a Luchs came flanking - and "klink-klink-klink-klink-klink-klink" in the side and rear and mission complete :trollface:


Edited by frange, 26 December 2019 - 12:12 AM.


Spurtung #14 Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:28 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 76259 battles
  • 7,206
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View Postkiller999death, on 25 December 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

Spoiler

 

 

"Oh no! A Cromwell using the 1st (or 2nd) gun isn't dinging 26 shots on me but instead chooses to use APCR rounds with 170 (or 180) pen of which I still manage to block a few of. Woe is me!"


Edited by Spurtung, 26 December 2019 - 02:46 AM.


MeNoobTank #15 Posted 26 December 2019 - 02:49 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 17618 battles
  • 1,039
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2017
Your exemples are not good. When I read the title I thought you will show Maus and type 5 spammed by gold nubs in S.Conqs. But really, that 112 with only 186 pen agains a VK, he did the right choise. He was actually pretty lucky to pen so much with the HEAT rounds. Let's not even talk about that poor Cromwell with his little gun that can bounce from the rear of OI.

splash_time #16 Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:27 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 14368 battles
  • 853
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    02-20-2018

Honestly, i love blocking missions, it's easy, just expose critical part of your tank (Maus's side a little bit over angled) and the tracks will start absorbing the shots. 

I've done it once and a little Jd.pz e100 helped me by shooting the side three times with HEAT which was going through tracks. :D

 

 


Edited by splash_time, 26 December 2019 - 09:28 AM.


Hammerhead20 #17 Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:36 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30353 battles
  • 2,254
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

I fully agree with you.

 

These missions are garbage and they are based on luck and nothing else...

 

Just disgusting and frustrating gaming experience.



Desyatnik_Pansy #18 Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:39 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 18799 battles
  • 27,179
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostHammerhead20, on 26 December 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

I fully agree with you.

 

These missions are garbage and they are based on luck and nothing else...

 

Just disgusting and frustrating gaming experience.

 

I think there's worse, like the aforementioned 5k damage + 3 Internals (which I ended up choosing to skip), or do x damage to specific vehicle types.



Hammerhead20 #19 Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:42 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 30353 battles
  • 2,254
  • Member since:
    06-29-2011

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 26 December 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

 

I think there's worse, like the aforementioned 5k damage + 3 Internals (which I ended up choosing to skip), or do x damage to specific vehicle types.

 

Or "tracking" missions for medium tanks...

 

Where you need to "track" the enemy tank + deal damage or make that your teammates destroy that "tracked" vehicle...

 

This is the biggest BS I've ever seen in those Personal missions...



Desyatnik_Pansy #20 Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:46 AM

    Bartender

  • Moderator
  • 18799 battles
  • 27,179
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostHammerhead20, on 26 December 2019 - 08:42 AM, said:

Or "tracking" missions for medium tanks...

 

Where you need to "track" the enemy tank + deal damage or make that your teammates destroy that "tracked" vehicle...

 

This is the biggest BS I've ever seen in those Personal missions...

 

Those aren't so bad since you can be pretty brawly in Mediums and tracking is often an effective tactic for eliminating an enemy. Now, the fact Lights have basically the same mission. While it's still technically easy, it's a lot dumber since Lights are a lot less suited to that role. I ended up doing it for 260 (3 Tracks + 500 Assistance from tracking for primary) by just completely ignoring actual damaging shots and going for silly track shots.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users