What happened to this game?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

Equites #1 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16815 battles
  • [CMT] CMT
I used to love playing WOT. I played with friends I found online for hours and hours. Grinding new tanks trying to collect them all. I got all the ones I looked up to historically and some of the best at the time. 

A few years later I have kids that begin to play and I brushed the dust of my old account and the game is awful. Everything I loved with the game is gone. I remember a game that had strategy and skill where the player with nerves of steel where the winners. 

I used to love driving my KV-5 into battle, if you happened to be top tier you could see them run in terror of the impenetrable armor of this behemoth. Now its 3 min in and a burning wreck in a ditch.   

Now its a fast pace combat-car game. Armor don't matter as all ammunitions penetrate 90%. 

A game where heavy tanks could hold the line, Medium was used for flanks and Light only was useful for spotting. Everything had a purpose and working together it was an orchestra. 

Now, heavy guns are mounted on lightning fast scouts rolling all over the map shooting everything to bits. And the old mechanics are obsolete. 

Not mentioning the tech trees, there was four lines, one for heavy. one for medium, one for scout and one for arty. And most tanks had a historical physical or prototype connection. Now there are tanks all and some you never heard of.  

We used to discuss pay to win with premium ammo, How it would balance the game if they removed it from the game. Now they made it even worse giving it to all for in game currency. 

I am grateful for World of Warships. If you feel like me when you read this topic you can find me there, wrecking havoc on the seven seas. 

Edited by Equites, 27 December 2019 - 03:56 AM.

BravelyRanAway #2 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 24701 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
You went rusty.
01:16 Added after 1 minute

View PostEquites, on 27 December 2019 - 01:10 AM, said:

I am grateful for World of Warships. If you feel like me when you read this topic you can find me there, wrecking havoc on the seven seas. 

Where tankers go to die.

RamRaid90 #3 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:30 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26486 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

I'm not sure where all this "what happened" bs is coming from.

Bad players have always been in world of tanks. It's almost meme like how "complex" this game is compaared to other shooters and people still seem to insist on playing like CoD.

Despite there being no respawns in this game most people seem to treat dying and going into another battle as a "respawn" as such.

Bulldog_Drummond #4 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34180 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

I remember a game that had strategy and skill where the player with nerves of steel where the winners. 

Oh yes, I remember those days, back in 2012.

I ditched that old account, I think I had a 40% win rate on it

I have nerves of jelly

Archaean #5 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:38 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16578 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 27 December 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

I have nerves of jelly

I'm stalking you. 

I have my reasons.

I'm laughing. "Nerves of jelly"... xD

Edited by Archaean, 27 December 2019 - 02:39 AM.

1ucky #6 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:42 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89475 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Nerves of steel??

There's your problem.

You need electrolytes bro.

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34180 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Post1ucky, on 27 December 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

Nerves of steel??

There's your problem.

You need electrolytes bro.

In his brilliant 1960s book 'The Money Game' the author, pseudonymously writing as 'Adam Smith' interviews various players in the Market, including one small private investor who has so far lost almost all his money but who says he has "nerves of steel" when investing

Adam Smith notes that all the fund managers he knows have fingernails bitten to the quick.

01:53 Added after 2 minute

View PostArchaean, on 27 December 2019 - 01:38 AM, said:

I'm stalking you. 

I have my reasons.

I'm laughing. "Nerves of jelly"... xD

Alas! It is well written, "The road to eminence lies through the cheap and exceedingly uninviting eating-houses."

frange #8 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:54 AM

Private

• Player
  • 31230 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR
What really happened is the rigged matches - where it even before start is decided whether you are gonna win or loose. No matter how good you perform - you are still gonna loose.. Even had a match where i had 11 (eleven) kills - and still lost it. That just can not be "bad luck". It is just physically impossible.

Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34180 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postfrange, on 27 December 2019 - 01:54 AM, said:

What really happened is the rigged matches - where it even before start is decided whether you are gonna win or loose. No matter how good you perform - you are still gonna loose.. Even had a match where i had 11 (eleven) kills - and still lost it. That just can not be "bad luck". It is just physically impossible.

You are right

The orbital mind control lasers in outer space are to blame

Image result for orbital mind control lasers in outer space game

RamRaid90 #10 Posted 27 December 2019 - 02:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26486 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Another confusing the word impossible with improbable. They mean entirely the opposite thing.

Bulldog_Drummond #11 Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:00 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34180 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostRamRaid90, on 27 December 2019 - 01:59 AM, said:

Another confusing the word impossible with improbable. They mean entirely the opposite thing.

Not strictly true, but as Holmes said, if you eliminate the impossible you are left with the improbable

Spurtung #12 Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:01 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

Typical <50% talk. As long as you believe in what you just wrote, you'll never give a chance at improving.

RamRaid90 #13 Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:04 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26486 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 27 December 2019 - 02:00 AM, said:

Not strictly true, but as Holmes said, if you eliminate the impossible you are left with the improbable

Well Impossible means it can't happen. Improbably means it can.

Therefore, opposite if you eliminate the concept of "chance" when something is pure random.

Edited by RamRaid90, 27 December 2019 - 03:05 AM.

Bulldog_Drummond #14 Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:07 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34180 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostSpurtung, on 27 December 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

Typical <50% talk. As long as you believe in what you just wrote, you'll never give a chance at improving.

Fortunately we have a defence mechanism

Image result for orbital mind control lasers illuminati

02:10 Added after 3 minute

View PostRamRaid90, on 27 December 2019 - 02:04 AM, said:

Well Impossible means it can't happen. Improbably means it can.

Therefore, opposite if you eliminate the concept of "chance" when something is pure random.

I would have thought that the opposite of impossible was certain

With improbable somewhere in between

I love grey areas

RamRaid90 #15 Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:14 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 26486 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 27 December 2019 - 02:07 AM, said:

I would have thought that the opposite of impossible was certain

With improbable somewhere in between

I love grey areas

I give myself the same odds of winning the lottery. 50/50.

I either win, or I don't Simplicity is best.

stormermp #16 Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:02 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 49821 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

I used to love playing WOT. I played with friends I found online for hours and hours. Grinding new tanks trying to collect them all. I got all the ones I looked up to historically and some of the best at the time. 

A few years later I have kids that begin to play and I brushed the dust of my old account and the game is awful. Everything I loved with the game is gone. I remember a game that had strategy and skill where the player with nerves of steel where the winners. 

I used to love driving my KV-5 into battle, if you happened to be top tier you could see them run in terror of the impenetrable armor of this behemoth. Now its 3 min in and a burning wreck in a ditch.   

Now its a fast pace combat-car game. Armor don't matter as all ammunitions penetrate 90%. 

A game where heavy tanks could hold the line, Medium was used for flanks and Light only was useful for spotting. Everything had a purpose and working together it was an orchestra. 

Now, heavy guns are mounted on lightning fast scouts rolling all over the map shooting everything to bits. And the old mechanics are obsolete. 

Not mentioning the tech trees, there was four lines, one for heavy. one for medium, one for scout and one for arty. And most tanks had a historical physical or prototype connection. Now there are tanks all and some you never heard of.  

We used to discuss pay to win with premium ammo, How it would balance the game if they removed it from the game. Now they made it even worse giving it to all for in game currency. 

I agree completely,game is going somewhere where most f2p or older core players sadly does not see themselves playing like the used to.It is the case of WoT slowly phasing out while selling as much as the can which they do or a new niche game shows up and scoops up the players

Robbie_T #17 Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20990 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

So true

Meds and lts nowadays are played like tds....some really think Wg gave those classes speed to beat the paper tds to there spot.

OR they running around on the heavy spots beating them to the spots......but that the other side of the map is completly open is off course not there problem.

Or if you dont have Lt's in the game those meds cant understand that they now also have the spotting role.

And this will get worse thanx to Wg 2019 xp boosting and bringing out a bondshop and bonds are only collected in tier 10.

And giving out blue prints like no other this xmass event.

Where tier 10 used to be hard long battles nowadays tier 10  is probberly the worst playing experience off all. just fast steam rolls.

Seen it on my Discord peeps playing 2 weeks and have a tier 10 ( in the past you reached tier 5)

and going into those battles they dont know the maps,they dont know enemy weak points....they dont know the choke points.

The worst game for me this week was a assault battle .

ME and 2 clan mates in tier 8 in a tier 8/10 matchup

battle went good ,end game 4 enemy tanks pinned around there cap..

Me and my 2 clanmates alive and we had a sniping is4 on the other side of the map...

Doing nothing...so we pinged is4 nothing....asked in chat can you come help plz nothing.....other random players begging help them nothiing...

So 2 min left we go in (becuase assault if we run out of time we lose anyway)after hard battle we all 3 dead .

But only 1 enemy heavy survived with 200 something health.....than when there's 20 sec left the Is4 finally start moving but too late battle lost....

And there he stood with 100 % health...

And after the battle i say thanx mate you ruined that battle for 14 other people (and all 14 others did there job)

he says reported you may not irritate me....

Btw that was a 55% player (a fake one) cant tell how he got it because than the forum modders will give me a ban.

Edited by Robbie_T, 27 December 2019 - 05:44 AM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #18 Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:07 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

Block Quote

What happened to this game?

What happened is regular players learned to play better in your absence because they simply kept on doing it. Son now you're a what they call a noob :)

Equites #19 Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16815 battles
  • [CMT] CMT

Sure skill is what I am lacking today. I can´t argue that a player with 50K games is better than me. That does not bother me when skill is the difference. But a game can be over in less then 3 min with 15-1, then something is off in the balance. I've seen great player at work and then the vehicle doesn't matter. But a bad player in a good tank make all the difference. 15 bad players in the same team is unlikely.  

What have changed is the game-mechanic. There used to be rock, paper, scissor mechanic. Where all had a purpose and the team all had their rolls to play. TD was there to stop heavies, scout to spot for arty and mediums to take advantage of any hole in the line. Now you have vehicles with the speed of a scout and a gun from a TD, Auto-loaders was bad when the french got it and then it spread to other nations. 

TD Pros: high front armor, high AP and damage. Cons: slow reload, slow movement. 
Heavies Pros: high armor around, high AP, rotating turret. Cons: Slow movement. 
Mediums: Average all around. 
Light, Pros: high speed, high visibility, low detection. cons: Squishy, useless gun
Arty Pros: Long range, splash damage, Cons: Squishy, slow moving. 

Back then some light tanks had speed but now its more a silly race game with a duck hunt element.  

TheJ4ckal #20 Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 2624 battles

View Postfrange, on 27 December 2019 - 02:54 AM, said:

That just means you didnt kill their best player. Not rigged lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users