Jump to content


Happy New Year Special


  • Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:00 AM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 34,792
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
We're a tiny bit early, but who would say no to more bonuses and discounts?

The full text of the news item

RedJester #2 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:04 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23157 battles
  • 682
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

View PostCommunity, on 27 December 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

We're a tiny bit early, but who would say no to more bonuses and discounts?
<a href="https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/special-offers/happy-new-year-special-2020/">The full text of the news item</a>

Well this is a nice surprise and very much welcome! ;)



__Eric__ #3 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:04 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 40739 battles
  • 1,968
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    03-15-2013
Nice!! Was waiting for this, I have dozens of crews which need retraining!!

SerrisFX #4 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:19 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9039 battles
  • 249
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017

Can someone explain how it works if lets say i pick the wrong skill, how can i undo it ?

 

What is the usual conversion rate ? At the moment it's 1 gold for 25 xp and in the news it's 1 gold for 35 xp



Rictus_Erectus #5 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:25 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 63237 battles
  • 52
  • [B_OT] B_OT
  • Member since:
    05-17-2014

View PostMaroko1337, on 27 December 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Can someone explain how it works if lets say i pick the wrong skill, how can i undo it ?

 

What is the usual conversion rate ? At the moment it's 1 gold for 25 xp and in the news it's 1 gold for 35 xp

u are new in WoT with only 2248 battles.  Dont waste gold on conversion, just play low tiers (max tier 7)  and grind crew and tanks without free exp. 



kaneloon #6 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:28 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 33223 battles
  • 4,725
  • [CROWD] CROWD
  • Member since:
    11-18-2011
50% on crew retraining, I was waiting for this one ;)
09:32 Added after 3 minute

View PostMaroko1337, on 27 December 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Can someone explain how it works if lets say i pick the wrong skill, how can i undo it ?

 

You evidently have to retrain.

But instead you can use directives on crew skills if you lack something like camo.



SerrisFX #7 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:35 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9039 battles
  • 249
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017

View PostRictus_Erectus, on 27 December 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

u are new in WoT with only 2248 battles.  Dont waste gold on conversion, just play low tiers (max tier 7)  and grind crew and tanks without free exp. 

 

Thx. Yes new in Wot 2248 battles  in one month :playing:



piratha #8 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:41 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14561 battles
  • 381
  • [2-KP] 2-KP
  • Member since:
    10-07-2017

View PostMaroko1337, on 27 December 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

Can someone explain how it works if lets say i pick the wrong skill, how can i undo it ?

 

What is the usual conversion rate ? At the moment it's 1 gold for 25 xp and in the news it's 1 gold for 35 xp

 

The cost in Gold is halved, so it's 100 Gold to retrain without loosing crew XP. The prices in Credit remain the same (but you lose some XP on the crewmember).

 

To retrain you perform a skill reset. Open the crewmember logbook, in the new window on the bottom-left you see the skills/perks and a reset button, click it, chose "for credits" and reassign the skills :honoring:

 

Given the new "crew 2.0" coming this year I'll advise you against using any amount of gold for crew, they will "reinburse" the XP you have, but NOT THE GOLD spent of those XP, so.. in the end it's totally wasted.

 

Hold as long as you can, train Camo or Repair or Mentor (!!) but do not spend a dime converting/adjusting skills/perks, now it won't be so efficient (with the new system there will be a grace period to reassign stuff around, so).



thePhilX #9 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:41 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • WG Staff
  • 34034 battles
  • 1,364
  • [MEME] MEME
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View PostMaroko1337, on 27 December 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

Can someone explain how it works if lets say i pick the wrong skill, how can i undo it ?

 

What is the usual conversion rate ? At the moment it's 1 gold for 25 xp and in the news it's 1 gold for 35 xp

 

You right click the crew member and go to "personal file", on the left side you have the qualification change in the top and the "reset" of skill in the bottom. What's important: Some crew members come with a so-called 0th skill which is usually Brothers in Arms for regular rekruts (e.g. the female crew members that you received from the holiday ops) or 6th sense on the commander. You can not reset this skill.



piratha #10 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:53 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14561 battles
  • 381
  • [2-KP] 2-KP
  • Member since:
    10-07-2017

 

Just googled it :great:


Edited by piratha, 27 December 2019 - 10:54 AM.


SerrisFX #11 Posted 27 December 2019 - 10:53 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9039 battles
  • 249
  • Member since:
    07-03-2017

View Postpiratha, on 27 December 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

 

The cost in Gold is halved, so it's 100 Gold to retrain without loosing crew XP. The prices in Credit remain the same (but you lose some XP on the crewmember).

 

To retrain you perform a skill reset. Open the crewmember logbook, in the new window on the bottom-left you see the skills/perks and a reset button, click it, chose "for credits" and reassign the skills :honoring:

 

Given the new "crew 2.0" coming this year I'll advise you against using any amount of gold for crew, they will "reinburse" the XP you have, but NOT THE GOLD spent of those XP, so.. in the end it's totally wasted.

 

Hold as long as you can, train Camo or Repair or Mentor (!!) but do not spend a dime converting/adjusting skills/perks, now it won't be so efficient (with the new system there will be a grace period to reassign stuff around, so).

 

Yes Sir ! Thank you Sir ! :honoring:

 

View PostthePhilX, on 27 December 2019 - 10:41 AM, said:

 

You right click the crew member and go to "personal file", on the left side you have the qualification change in the top and the "reset" of skill in the bottom. What's important: Some crew members come with a so-called 0th skill which is usually Brothers in Arms for regular rekruts (e.g. the female crew members that you received from the holiday ops) or 6th sense on the commander. You can not reset this skill.

 

Thank you



wsatnutter #12 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:02 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27662 battles
  • 10,493
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
cheers WG

heavy_archer #13 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:16 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 27995 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    12-08-2013
nice special, especially without "win the battle" requirement.

LethalWalou #14 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:25 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36238 battles
  • 3,744
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012
Crew specialization change discount. That's a rare sight I think. Now the radio operator from my TVP VTU can finally return to his correct duties in the Skoda T50

woolfie #15 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:33 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Beta Tester
  • 52002 battles
  • 606
  • Member since:
    02-06-2011

Why would anyone use gold to re-skill crews now when WG are revamping the whole concept in near future?

 

I have crews in dire need of re-skilling but there's no way I'm throwing gold at WG when I have no idea how they plan to implement the revamp.



Corrupted_Pling #16 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 58254 battles
  • 1,271
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    11-19-2012
TIme for me to buy some pudding and tea.. load full gold and make people cry with my CGC

LethalWalou #17 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:38 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 36238 battles
  • 3,744
  • Member since:
    09-17-2012

View Postwoolfie, on 27 December 2019 - 10:33 AM, said:

Why would anyone use gold to re-skill crews now when WG are revamping the whole concept in near future?

 

I have crews in dire need of re-skilling but there's no way I'm throwing gold at WG when I have no idea how they plan to implement the revamp.

 

Well for starters, those news we got were just initial plans and nothing has been even decided. This is where problem comes when companies make early announcements of future plans, people take them as literal and expect them to happen immediately

Secondly, I personally want to play my tanks for the time being and since there is no announced time when the changes will come, why shouldn't I enjoy the tanks for now? After all no xp is lost anyways in the changes so I will still be developing the future crews, no matter how they turn out to be.

10:40 Added after 2 minute

View PostCorrupted_Pling, on 27 December 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

TIme for me to buy some pudding and tea.. load full gold and make people cry with my CGC

 

Not if I counter you first in my BC 155 58 powered by French men high on strong coffee.



black_knightPT #18 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:46 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 26141 battles
  • 35
  • [UK_PT] UK_PT
  • Member since:
    09-25-2013
Great :)

SoupFork #19 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:51 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 18366 battles
  • 712
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

 Very welcome, thank you!

Time to use some of my Lootbox gold to finally sort out and optimize all my main crews.

 

can we have a camo discount next please so I can pimp all my shiny new tanks?


Edited by SoupFork, 27 December 2019 - 11:52 AM.


Homer_J #20 Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:56 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 33999 battles
  • 38,749
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostMaroko1337, on 27 December 2019 - 09:19 AM, said:

 

What is the usual conversion rate ? At the moment it's 1 gold for 25 xp

You answered your own question there. :confused:

 

As for crew read this excellent guide.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users