• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

samuelx43a #41 Posted 29 December 2019 - 10:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29088 battles
  • [NEURO] NEURO

View Posttajj7, on 29 December 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Of course it's broken and OP but it seems to get a free pass because I presume loads of player abuse the crap out of it.

It's a tier 6 tank that can one shot same tier heavies, and pretty much everything lower tier it faces with ease and has a better reload than a 183, yet people complain the 183 is broken, but seem fine with the far better KV-2 which has a better reload, better alpha for it's tier and better gun handling. 

Hopefully the HE changes give it the nerf it has deserved for a long long time. 

maybe I'm not on the best position to say about this, since I am a die-hard KV-2 fan, but I personally think that it really is not neither broken, nor OP.

Honestly, the gun is the only thing about why people go for the KV-2, as you well know. Of course, it happens to be russian and due to how RNG works in this game, it can give a lot of disparity and well, KV-2 compilation videos are just hilarious to watch(especially against other KV-2s, they can balance themselves quite easily too)

but I mean once that thing has fired its gun, what does it have? a tier V hull (75mm all over is a bit on the weak side) a huge turret, as big as a fridge that can be easily penned from 95% of the angles(except the ocasional shot in the mantlet that is absorbed) and the hit points are just about average (I won't count view range because that trait is present in most russian heavies)

to the OP:

nah man, you just got the bad rng roll, you will get plenty of chances to get rid of KV-2s when they have fired the gun and missed!

Nishi_Kinuyo #42 Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10494 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postsamuelx43a, on 29 December 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

maybe I'm not on the best position to say about this, since I am a die-hard KV-2 fan, but I personally think that it really is not neither broken, nor OP.

Honestly, the gun is the only thing about why people go for the KV-2, as you well know. Of course, it happens to be russian and due to how RNG works in this game, it can give a lot of disparity and well, KV-2 compilation videos are just hilarious to watch(especially against other KV-2s, they can balance themselves quite easily too)

but I mean once that thing has fired its gun, what does it have? a tier V hull (75mm all over is a bit on the weak side) a huge turret, as big as a fridge that can be easily penned from 95% of the angles(except the ocasional shot in the mantlet that is absorbed) and the hit points are just about average (I won't count view range because that trait is present in most russian heavies)

to the OP:

nah man, you just got the bad rng roll, you will get plenty of chances to get rid of KV-2s when they have fired the gun and missed!

If it can balans itself (and many other tanks) in one shot, then clearly it is broken.

LincolnTank #43 Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 11738 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postpiratha, on 29 December 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Were you farming it? You got greedy and got back to the garage. Those derp Guns if they full aim and sit there a little bit, they can shoot pixel perfect! Not only that!

If you aim in 3rd person, the target is dead steady and you know your gun arc.. you can "craft" out of line-of-sight shoots too! :harp:

Not to mention also that it WILL get you with it's splash damage even if it doesn't hit you

tajj7 #44 Posted 30 December 2019 - 01:52 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postsamuelx43a, on 29 December 2019 - 09:13 PM, said:

to the OP:

The 183 FVs on tier 10 are generally regarded as broken on tier 10 because of their guns, when the 183 had 280 pen it was massively OP, but when you compare the FVs to the KV-2 it becomes obvious how much better tier for tier the KV-2 is than them -

1. The FV4005 has a bigger turret that you can pen with HE.

2. It also has worse gun handling. KV-2 has 0.27/0.27/0.15 dispersion, whereas both FVs have 0.31/0.31/0.29 dispersion. 

3. The FVs face things with much better gun handling, like tier 10 meds which snap shot the FVs easily and then pull back before you can ever aim, whereas something like a Cromwell has 0.23/0.23/0.13 dispersion with a puny 135 alpha gun, barely worse than the KV-2 which means most things the KV-2 faces have to aim (and therefore sit still) a lot longer than tanks on tier 10 do, which gives the KV-2 more time to aim its shots. 

4. Worse alpha relative to the tier (1750 HESH can one shot tier 10 meds with a high roll, 910 HE can one shot almost all tier 6 heavies with a slight high roll, and will do all tier 6 meds and TDs easily even with low rolls.  It can even one shot tier 7 TDs and even some tier 7 meds with a very high roll, it's also a tier 6 tank that is able to do 300-400 damage to the fronts of tier 8 heavies without even needing to aim carefully, whereas many tier 6 tanks can barely pen tier 8 heavies frontally with their premium ammo. 

5. It has over 5s worse reload than the KV-2 (and has worse alpha relative to it's tier as well) AND faces this with worse DPM against it.  Tier 6 DPM at best is 2k, most are like 1.7k to 1.8k, even most tier 7s and 8s don't get much higher than 2k, the FVs face 3k DPM meds that shred them. The suggestion that a KV-2 is super vulnerable during it's reload is not based on reality, it can reach a sub 19s reload, so even a fully maxed out for DPM Cromwell can in that time only fire 6 rounds, not enough to kill a KV-2, and that is presuming that the Cromwell can instantly start firing but really it can't. If a KV-2 pokes a corner, fires and retreats, most tier 6 tanks would have travel the distance to it (even presuming it was alone) and get out again by the time it is reload so in that time will barely have chance to fire two/three shots and even though the KV-2 doesn't have great armour it can easily troll many tier 6 guns into the odd bounce.

6.It also has a full turret that neither of the FVs have.

Tier for tier, one of the most broken tier 10 guns looks bad compared to the KV-2s gun. 

It may only have its gun, but its gun is absurd for a tier 6 gun and the platform is not that bad, which IMO makes it unbalanced and the statistics show it, on the WR curves it makes most players overperform by about 1.5 to 2%, and that must include some of the players who bafflingly use the 107mm on the kV-2 or fire lots of AP, a pure derp KV-2 is shown by the KV-2R which overperforms by 4-5% for most players. 

Ziurawka #45 Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27086 battles
  • [NLUFA] NLUFA

View Posttajj7, on 30 December 2019 - 01:52 PM, said:

The 183 FVs on tier 10 are generally regarded as broken on tier 10 because of their guns, when the 183 had 280 pen it was massively OP, but when you compare the FVs to the KV-2 it becomes obvious how much better tier for tier the KV-2 is than them -

1. The FV4005 has a bigger turret that you can pen with HE.

It also has 10 degrees of gun depression which means you don't have to expose your entire tank, like with the KV-2.

2. It also has worse gun handling. KV-2 has 0.27/0.27/0.15 dispersion, whereas both FVs have 0.31/0.31/0.29 dispersion. 

It also has 0.38 base dispersion which means you don't start with a pineapple sized bloom.

3. The FVs face things with much better gun handling, like tier 10 meds which snap shot the FVs easily and then pull back before you can ever aim, whereas something like a Cromwell has 0.23/0.23/0.13 dispersion with a puny 135 alpha gun, barely worse than the KV-2 which means most things the KV-2 faces have to aim (and therefore sit still) a lot longer than tanks on tier 10 do, which gives the KV-2 more time to aim its shots. 

The KV-2s quite often face things like the progetto, what's your point?

4. Worse alpha relative to the tier (1750 HESH can one shot tier 10 meds with a high roll, 910 HE can one shot almost all tier 6 heavies with a slight high roll, and will do all tier 6 meds and TDs easily even with low rolls.  It can even one shot tier 7 TDs and even some tier 7 meds with a very high roll, it's also a tier 6 tank that is able to do 300-400 damage to the fronts of tier 8 heavies without even needing to aim carefully, whereas many tier 6 tanks can barely pen tier 8 heavies frontally with their premium ammo. 

The FVs also have 230 pen on their broken ammo, which allows them to deliver their full alpha way more consistently, even at tier X.

5. It has over 5s worse reload than the KV-2 (and has worse alpha relative to it's tier as well) AND faces this with worse DPM against it.  Tier 6 DPM at best is 2k, most are like 1.7k to 1.8k, even most tier 7s and 8s don't get much higher than 2k, the FVs face 3k DPM meds that shred them. The suggestion that a KV-2 is super vulnerable during it's reload is not based on reality, it can reach a sub 19s reload, so even a fully maxed out for DPM Cromwell can in that time only fire 6 rounds, not enough to kill a KV-2, and that is presuming that the Cromwell can instantly start firing but really it can't. If a KV-2 pokes a corner, fires and retreats, most tier 6 tanks would have travel the distance to it (even presuming it was alone) and get out again by the time it is reload so in that time will barely have chance to fire two/three shots and even though the KV-2 doesn't have great armour it can easily troll many tier 6 guns into the odd bounce.

To be fair, 2372.5 HE DPM is nothing spectacular, the M6 has 2,634.59 with the 90 mil.

Of course everything changes if you manage to pen, but it's not as straightforward as you make it seem.

This is exactly why you can have epic games in a KV-2, as well as extremely bad ones.

Is it broken? Yes, intentionally so. Is it OP? Even despite the graphs I'd argue it's not as you can't really be sure about your result, ever.

There have been so many games I've fired into outer space while 5 meters from the target, I can't even count, I've still had fun playing it. 

The ridiculousness of the machine was what pushed me to grind it, not the perspective of being competitive, cause it's not.  

6.It also has a full turret that neither of the FVs have.

Yes it also can't turn, even if you turn it together with the hull you can get circled by pretty much anything. 

Tier for tier, one of the most broken tier 10 guns looks bad compared to the KV-2s gun. 

It may only have its gun, but its gun is absurd for a tier 6 gun and the platform is not that bad, which IMO makes it unbalanced and the statistics show it, on the WR curves it makes most players overperform by about 1.5 to 2%, and that must include some of the players who bafflingly use the 107mm on the kV-2 or fire lots of AP, a pure derp KV-2 is shown by the KV-2R which overperforms by 4-5% for most players. 

It's right after Christmas dude, can' you feel a little holiday spirit and stop trying to kill the fun?

Edited by Ziurawka, 30 December 2019 - 02:42 PM.

tajj7 #46 Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29277 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View PostZiurawka, on 30 December 2019 - 01:41 PM, said:

It also has 10 degrees of gun depression which means you don't have to expose your entire tank, like with the KV-2.

The Deathstar doesn't. it only has -6 with a rear turret and when you have a giant turret that has no armour, exposing your whole tank doesn't really matter.

Block Quote

It also has 0.38 base dispersion which means you don't start with a pineapple sized bloom.

That is not how dispersion works, that is it's base accuracy, which of course is better but it means you have to fully aim which with the FV's bloom, especially on the turret takes ages, a stationary KV-2 just turning its turret aims way way faster than either FV does. 

Plus with the way accuracy is, a lot of shots hits centre mass regardless of their base accuracy which is in part why many derp tanks over perform, because their horrible accuracy is not enough of a balancing factor it is supposed to be.

Block Quote

The KV-2s quite often face things like the progetto, what's your point?

Progetto is two tiers higher, one of the most powerful tier 8 tanks, still can't clip a KV-2 and the KV-2 can pen it frontally for 2/3rds of its hit points. 

Same tier tanks, like paper meds have way worse gun handling than tier 10s have, which means the FVs, who take longer to aim than the KV-2 does, struggle to hit thing that peak and put quick snaps into them, whereas the KV-2 that aims faster faces stuff that has to sit there and aim for much longer, meaning it has more chances to hit targets, even peaking ones.

Block Quote

The FVs also have 230 pen on their broken ammo, which allows them to deliver their full alpha way more consistently, even at tier X.

There is way more armour on tier 10, comparative pen on tier 6 might be lower but then the KV-2 will face way more tanks with basically no armour and tanks that can easily be penned with it;s base pen, even some tier 6 heavies it's able to pen frontally whereas the FVs struggle to do that with most tier 10 heavies and will struggle even with a lot of meds. 

Overall I'd say KV-2 pens more often than the FVs do, because there is more paper on tier 5-7 than there is at tiers 8-10. 

Block Quote

not the perspective of being competitive, cause it's not.  

It clearly is as the statistics show, not only the WR curves but its one of the best performing global WRs on WOTlife for a tech tree tank as well. 

Block Quote

It's right after Christmas dude, can' you feel a little holiday spirit and stop trying to kill the fun?

This comment shows my point, its a broken and OP tank that gets a free pass for some reason when it clearly needs a nerf and has done for a long time. 

TheJ4ckal #47 Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3882 battles

Don't spend 300 euros on tanks until you understand why someone is better than you.

Or just keep wasting your money and blame it on WG and aimbots.

mpf1959 #48 Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:12 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 33920 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

Kv-2 Makes no Sence !?!

Mine either, I said Good Morning to it and in reply it said 

Which great opponent of Cartesian dualism
resists the reduction of 
psychological phenomena to a physical state 
and insists there is no point of contact 
between the extended and the unextended?

:amazed:

Edited by mpf1959, 30 December 2019 - 03:13 PM.

AIZEN_GUARD #49 Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:23 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25435 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

View PostEmo_HardRock, on 27 December 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

Hello WG I hope you can hear my pain.Here I am playng with my "ikv 90 tyb B" still stock weapon an engine grinding it was 10 kills vs 10 kills I spot KV-2 i shot him and go backward thinging his turet not faceing me i know he has bad accuracy.He just turn turret and 1 shot me 800 damage.I check replay my tank was barely see behind rich line.I was doing good 1 mistake cost the all game that Kv-2 Did kill 2 others like this and we lost the game.

I am asking you Wargaming how is that possible Kv-2 - 3,5 aim time, 0.58 dispersion to make that shot ? Just turn turret and 1 shot someone.Op Snap shot maybe ? This tank can even put vertical stabilizer.Lucky RNG? I have once a day same thing Kv-2 just turn turret and 1 shot me from 200m even 300m.Maybe its Aimbot? Thanks a lot WG to make teir 6 so not enjoyable.I thing there should not be a tank in the game who can 1 shot someone even teir 10 dont do that kind of damage.Can you play the game at teir 6, and 7 and be allowed to make 1 mistake and still live?

I quit the game 2 years ago now i am back in the game please WG dont make me quit the game last account i had 300 euro worth of tanks I pay a lot can we have some balance in the game? Don't make me quit the game again.

I'LL attach a photo of the Kv-2 player maybe he is cheating.Please listen your community.

Here is my suggestions:

1.Remove All the mods from the game so we can have fair game so manny illegal mods in the game, I thing most of players use them even i use them in the past just to see if i get banned 6,7 months i use them and no ban i want it to get banned first ban is 1 week second is forever i believe I want it to take that risk just to see do i get fair play 6,7 months use them never get banned,dont worry i dont use them now.I hear you ban peaple only like me who said in forum for using them or post a gameplay or screenshots.Now when i am back in the game with new account i know players who use these mods you see them i thing like 80 % of players use them.You cant banned them all Just remove all mods from the game folders "mod" and "ress mods" should not be in game directory

2.Kv-2 Big nerf also O-I there should not be a tank in the game who can 1 shot other tanks.

What is this nombers even means 3.5 aim time 0.58 dispersion if he can just barely turn turret and shot with perfect accuracy.

P.s. The name of KV-2 player is   [edited] check the photo.I love the game i am gonna say it again please don't make quit the game again.

P.sIp.skv 90 TIk

KV2 is not real tank is a arty tank and if you play arty you know how they do shoting  they have very bad aim shot but too many time do great snap shot

and in real world KV2 cant play in 95% of map do to it get overturn or it engein dont let it climb any hill

i had kv2  crew 75% and it do 4shot  1 hit in 450meter they put top must RNG for that gun

Venom7000 #50 Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8300 battles
Just to update everyone. Today I got my a$$ handed to me by tier 5 and 4 tanks in 3 games in my KV2. All of my shots missed. Fully aimed and most were not moving and sideways on.

FFS I had a cluster of 3 tanks on Fjords (heavy chokepoint). Fully aimed shot and it whizzed right above them (in the 10% of the aiming bloom part that was above the tanks). So yeah. The tank is very streaky. You have monster games and you also get farmed by anyone.  

Edited by Venom7000, 30 December 2019 - 07:36 PM.

24doom24 #51 Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9171 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

Claiming that the KV-2 is OP and that it pens most of its shots:facepalm: what is this world coming too. Despite the fact that is has to fight defenders and invisible tds 2 tiers higher. FV has better ammo tier for tier and can one shot tanks more reliably. In my 500+ games in the KV-2, getting full damage pens are quite rare and even it's "more competitive" premium AP bounces almost everything. The KV-2 is a fun meme tank, nobody uses it to be competitive.  

Edited by 24doom24, 30 December 2019 - 10:05 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users