Jump to content


What to do when facing the Obj 705?

Obj 705 Bobject

  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Ratriq #1 Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6570 battles
  • 615
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013
So I'm back at playing higher tier games in my brand new E 75, and honestly, I haven't done too bad as of yet compared to my average Maus performance.

Anyway, now when I'm back at facing higher tiers I've met the Object 705 more & more, and just gonna ask straight away, how the hell are you supposed to beat this thing?
Every time when facing it I can't pen it anywhere if it's hiding it's lower plate, no weak spot on its round turret, angeled side and front armour. If it's side scraping, which it does often it's a monster with that rear turret, I can't find anywhere to shoot while its side is angeled and there is nowhere to shoot on the turret. Same thing if it's hull down, I can't find anywhere to shoot if it's just the turret that pops up. I can neither pop out and flank it when it is reloading cause it's surrounded by its allies.
Even when looking at tanks.gg at the weakest spot when its sidescraping I only have a max 50% chance of penning it with my E 75.

Am I literally forced to only shoot gold at it when facing just this tank to at least a decent chance of taking it out?

GodTank2 #2 Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:48 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10206 battles
  • 704
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

Leave it alone.

I faced one today with my SConq in Studzianki hull down. I just ignored him and went into another position



jack_timber #3 Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:51 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 43757 battles
  • 3,711
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
Arty!

Ratriq #4 Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:58 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6570 battles
  • 615
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostGodTank2, on 27 December 2019 - 03:48 PM, said:

Leave it alone.

I faced one today with my SConq in Studzianki hull down. I just ignored him and went into another position

What if you can't? Let's say we are losing on one side and if are not pushing through the side which the Object is on we will lose, or it's too late to waste time on moving cause of how close the match is. Or you literally just can't like you have enemies behind you so if you retreat you'll get shot in the rear/side and die.


Edited by Ratriq, 27 December 2019 - 05:06 PM.


Falathi #5 Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20382 battles
  • 11,592
  • Member since:
    05-04-2012

From my perspective: don`t get close as it will rather work in favor of 705. If you can go mid range there`s good chance you`ll damage him hitting the lower frontal plate, while he will take more time to aim and even then has decent chance to miss a shot. 

Also, don`t shoot at turret - it`s pretty much pointless. 

Retreating is also an option preferable to fighting at close distance. 



GodTank2 #6 Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10206 battles
  • 704
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View PostRatriq, on 27 December 2019 - 04:58 PM, said:

What if you can't? Let's say we are losing on one side and if are not pushing through the side which the Object is on we will lose, or it's too late to waste time on moving cause of how close the match is. Or you literally just can't like you have enemies behind you so if you retreat you'll get rear/side in the back and die.

 

OBJ 705A is a tank that once it gets into position its very hard to dig out. Everything about that tank is trash, it only has good armor and thats it. Either shoot HE , try to pixel shoot inbetween the turret ring, ignore him or push him.



Finsken #7 Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:18 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 9304 battles
  • 88
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
Shoot it

_bitter_end_ #8 Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:22 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 63674 battles
  • 584
  • Member since:
    05-28-2012
Press 2, or load HE, object dead. Problem solved.

Edited by _bitter_end_, 27 December 2019 - 05:23 PM.


ChristOfTheAbyss #9 Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 893
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019
Shoot under the turret over the hull on the side. Pens every time. Ricoches to the hull. As bad as FV215b weakspot. Makes it unable to sidescrape at all. Which makes the tank useless.

shikaka9 #10 Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:50 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 76760 battles
  • 1,989
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
flank or shoot HE at turret 

GodTank2 #11 Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10206 battles
  • 704
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 27 December 2019 - 05:33 PM, said:

Shoot under the turret over the hull on the side. Pens every time. Ricoches to the hull. As bad as FV215b weakspot. Makes it unable to sidescrape at all. Which makes the tank useless.

 

Most tanks cant hit the lower plate let alone a pixel shot for 2.450 dmg



OrtegaSLO #12 Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 45759 battles
  • 476
  • [U-WOT] U-WOT
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View PostRatriq, on 27 December 2019 - 04:25 PM, said:

So I'm back at playing higher tier games in my brand new E 75, and honestly, I haven't done too bad as of yet compared to my average Maus performance.

Anyway, now when I'm back at facing higher tiers I've met the Object 705 more & more, and just gonna ask straight away, how the hell are you supposed to beat this thing?
Every time when facing it I can't pen it anywhere if it's hiding it's lower plate, no weak spot on its round turret, angeled side and front armour. If it's side scraping, which it does often it's a monster with that rear turret, I can't find anywhere to shoot while its side is angeled and there is nowhere to shoot on the turret. Same thing if it's hull down, I can't find anywhere to shoot if it's just the turret that pops up. I can neither pop out and flank it when it is reloading cause it's surrounded by its allies.
Even when looking at tanks.gg at the weakest spot when its sidescraping I only have a max 50% chance of penning it with my E 75.

Am I literally forced to only shoot gold at it when facing just this tank to at least a decent chance of taking it out?

get an arty and rebalance it. 

 

But cant imagine how can you have trouble with that fuel tank on wheels. 


Edited by OrtegaSLO, 27 December 2019 - 05:56 PM.


ChristOfTheAbyss #13 Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:56 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 893
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019

View PostGodTank2, on 27 December 2019 - 05:52 PM, said:

 

Most tanks cant hit the lower plate let alone a pixel shot for 2.450 dmg

 

Most tanks CAN hit that. Its about the player, not the tank.



GodTank2 #14 Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:01 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 10206 battles
  • 704
  • [RF_] RF_
  • Member since:
    12-14-2012

View PostChristOfTheAbyss, on 27 December 2019 - 05:56 PM, said:

 

Most tanks CAN hit that. Its about the player, not the tank.

You do know that the shot doesnt 100% go where you are aiming at right?

Good Luck reliably penning it

 




ChristOfTheAbyss #15 Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 251 battles
  • 893
  • Member since:
    07-22-2019

View PostGodTank2, on 27 December 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

You do know that the shot doesnt 100% go where you are aiming at right?

Good Luck reliably penning it

 



Being an unicum, yes, I do know. And not talking about that. You cant show ricochet pens in tanks.gg.



NUKLEAR_SLUG #16 Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36423 battles
  • 5,662
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
Go somewhere else or spam HE at his sides, they really don't like that.

gitgud_cannot #17 Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:11 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33306 battles
  • 1,862
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013
705 is quite weak, same as whole rear turreted heavy line of the mighty ussr. in german tanks, when you get closer, just shoot the engine deck or turret roof. further away? e75 has enough pen to go through lower plate easily and upper frontal plate 50/50 chance, the other thing is that most of the 705, 705A drivers overangle when they sidescrape, easy pen on side, especially when you shoot through inner drive wheel, that will track him deal full dmg + 705A for example gets set on fire every second time you shoot it through front sprockets. i would never recommend anyone to grind that crap line, how can you sidescrape properly with rear mounted turret when you only have 90 - 100 mm of armor lol, you cant angle side more than at autobounce angle, thats completely useless. E75 has 120 side armor, which is a good amount for angling the hull, while top tier rasha sidescraper has 100 lol, thats nothing. if there was no sprocket weakness on it, then it might be playable, but as its there, its total xp pinata garbage.  

Edited by gitgud_cannot, 27 December 2019 - 06:12 PM.


Ratriq #18 Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:12 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6570 battles
  • 615
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 27 December 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Go somewhere else or spam HE at his sides, they really don't like that.

So it's either get a slow death from an enemy you can't pen or run away with a heavy tank, even if it's a bad time running away like either your team is losing on one side and you have to push on the object one, or you are getting flanked so if you retreat you'll get shot from the rear/sides.

17:16 Added after 3 minute

View Postgitgud_cannot, on 27 December 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

705 is quite weak, same as whole rear turreted heavy line of the mighty ussr. in german tanks, when you get closer, just shoot the engine deck or turret roof. further away? e75 has enough pen to go through lower plate easily and upper frontal plate 50/50 chance, the other thing is that most of the 705, 705A drivers overangle when they sidescrape, easy pen on side, especially when you shoot through inner drive wheel, that will track him deal full dmg + 705A for example gets set on fire every second time you shoot it through front sprockets. i would never recommend anyone to grind that crap line, how can you sidescrape properly with rear mounted turret when you only have 90 - 100 mm of armor lol, you cant angle side more than at autobounce angle, thats completely useless. E75 has 120 side armor, which is a good amount for angling the hull, while top tier rasha sidescraper has 100 lol, thats nothing. if there was no sprocket weakness on it, then it might be playable, but as its there, its total xp pinata garbage.  

So if he's sidescraping I should aim here?
e8b7fcec1cc36582cffde4ae357ff4e0.png



NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 36423 battles
  • 5,662
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015

View PostRatriq, on 27 December 2019 - 06:12 PM, said:

So it's either get a slow death from an enemy you can't pen or run away with a heavy tank, even if it's a bad time running away like either your team is losing on one side and you have to push on the object one, or you are getting flanked so if you retreat you'll get shot from the rear/sides.

17:16 Added after 3 minute

So if he's sidescraping I should aim here?
e8b7fcec1cc36582cffde4ae357ff4e0.png


Or sit there and spam your 630 alpha HE rounds at his sides until he gets bored of taking damage and either backs off or makes a move and gives you a better target to aim at.



gitgud_cannot #20 Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 33306 battles
  • 1,862
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013
yes, exactly, even if he overangles just a tiny bit, its a 100% pen + tracks blown off.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users