Learn those new players how and where to go on every map for each vehicle!

noobs matchmaking new players winrate rage wargaming

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

OneShot_OneDollar #1 Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:44 AM

Private

• Player
  • 468 battles

Hello Forum!

First of all, I never wrote here and in any forums ever, so the reason of my post is important for anynone and especially for Wargaming.

I cant, I just literally cant explain what happend with the game, I'm playing it already since 2013, not with this account, but I didnt played since 1 year Wot and I came here for nostalgy, but however, that nothing changed. I just cant understand what Wargaming want to do with the game, I mean, they do all of this stuff with New Year for gain the money and do all what they can do to bring more and more new players to the game, and that is the problem, Wargaming want new players to gain more money, the problem is the thing that "new players" dont even know how to play this game! I'm literally raging every damn battle about what the *** players doing, when you look at the map even in some 8 lvl battles, you will see others dont even know where to go on the map, all of them go to one side TDs, HTs, MTs, dont care, "I do what I want", but that is the wrong strategy, or some MTs staying on the end of the map with a TD or something like that. Wargaming I'm adressing to YOU! Please, learn new players HOW to play in each damn map! How to shot or moving, those things every player can learn himself because its similar to a fps game, and more we have F1 button to know where each button function is. So, what I was saying, make a tutorial on each map, or, make a tutorial explaining the strategy on the maps how to play with each tank, TD must staying behind and help others to defend the base, HT must going to the city and block other tanks because only heavys can perfectly play in city beacause they can use their armor to gain the time, that was just an exemple. So, if I will say it shortly, in every battle to 8 lvl, players dont know where to go and do the crapin the game and more they make raging OLD players who love this game and want to relax when they come from studys or something and run this game beacause they substitute us when they go where they should not. 

Thanks for reading my "rage" post.

Edited by OneShot_OneDollar, 29 December 2019 - 12:55 AM.

Stevies_Team #2 Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 16711 battles

It's random

What you're after is skill-based-matchmaking

Or join a clan

random = chitshow

Edited by Stevies_Team, 29 December 2019 - 01:12 AM.

Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34434 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostOneShot_OneDollar, on 28 December 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

Hello Forum!

First of all, I never wrote here and in any forums ever, so the reason of my post is important for anynone and especially for Wargaming.

I cant, I just literally cant explain what happend with the game, I'm playing it already since 2013, not with this account, but I didnt played since 1 year Wot and I came here for nostalgy, but however, that nothing changed. I just cant understand what Wargaming want to do with the game, I mean, they do all of this stuff with New Year for gain the money and do all what they can do to bring more and more new players to the game, and that is the problem, Wargaming want new players to gain more money, the problem is the thing that "new players" dont even know how to play this game! I'm literally raging every damn battle about what the *** players doing, when you look at the map even in some 8 lvl battles, you will see others dont even know where to go on the map, all of them go to one side TDs, HTs, MTs, dont care, "I do what I want", but that is the wrong strategy, or some MTs staying on the end of the map with a TD or something like that. Wargaming I'm adressing to YOU! Please, learn new players HOW to play in each damn map! How to shot or moving, those things every player can learn himself because its similar to a fps game, and more we have F1 button to know where each button function is. So, what I was saying, make a tutorial on each map, or, make a tutorial explaining the strategy on the maps how to play with each tank, TD must staying behind and help others to defend the base, HT must going to the city and block other tanks because only heavys can perfectly play in city beacause they can use their armor to gain the time, that was just an exemple. So, if I will say it shortly, in every battle to 8 lvl, players dont know where to go and do the crapin the game and more they make raging OLD players who love this game and want to relax when they come from studys or something and run this game beacause they substitute us when they go where they should not. 

Spurtung #4 Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76958 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

There's no such thing as "HTs go here" and "TDs do this".

In fact, such ideas are counterproductive.

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:55 AM

Bartender

• 19036 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSpurtung, on 29 December 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

To add onto this, there is a significant difference in how a lot of vehicles within a same class play. A Leopard 1 Is obviously designed to be more passive than a 430U, or a Strv 103B vs. a T110E3. Add onto that, based on match-up, you may be able to/be unable to use a position you might normally use in the vehicle you're in. Even further, you might get a game where your tank is perfectly designed to go position x, but your entire team is going the other way, so you would be doing nothing more than willingly throwing your tank away to go there even though it's where your vehicle is most suited.

These threads though always make me think of a certain NA Thread that I always love to look back to, with a bad player basically going full reeeee at a unicum for taking his Heavy (113) to what the OP Described as the "medium flank" rather than fight an outnumbered battle against enemy Heavies, something like 1 vs. 4. :teethhappy:

Spurtung #6 Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:59 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76958 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostDesyatnik_Pansy, on 29 December 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

These threads though always make me think of a certain NA Thread that I always love to look back to, with a bad player basically going full reeeee at a unicum for taking his Heavy (113) to what the OP Described as the "medium flank" rather than fight an outnumbered battle against enemy Heavies, something like 1 vs. 4.

When told how moronic that would be, did he ever pull the "but that's the honorable thing to do" card?

Balc0ra #7 Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:04 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75345 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

No perfect map tutorial will make them any better or react to a dynamic situation as "awesome" as you.

The best way for new players to learn is not by a silly tutorial telling you the how-to for that map for a meta that will change next week. But rather to die, crash, fail and make mistakes. And figure out what went wrong, so they learn how to react next time. No 20 min tutorial will learn them that.

View PostOneShot_OneDollar, on 29 December 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

So, what I was saying, make a tutorial on each map, or, make a tutorial explaining the strategy on the maps how to play with each tank, TD must staying behind and help others to defend the base, HT must going to the city and block other tanks because only heavys can perfectly play in city beacause they can use their armor to gain the time, that was just an exemple.

Actually, most are losing because they are staying in base with their TD's and not reacting as is. And just because you are a HT, don't mean you will do best on the HT lane. As you have support HTs with no armor, or +2MM that will render it useless. And again... learning by failure is still a better tool there too for them to figure out that their VK 30.01 should not go first on a HT lane when the enemy has a T29 waiting for it.

Classes have subclasses that do different roles better. And learning when to use them vs what and where is not something you learn overnight. It took me thousands of battles to figure out most of it.... by failing.

Edited by Balc0ra, 29 December 2019 - 02:20 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #8 Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:19 AM

Bartender

• 19036 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostSpurtung, on 29 December 2019 - 12:59 AM, said:

When told how moronic that would be, did he ever pull the "but that's the honorable thing to do" card?

No if I recall correctly it was mostly just the player continuing to insist he was at fault for throwing the game. It's long since locked and all and some of the images are no longer visible, but I still have the thread saved if you wanna see for yourself:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/485607-locked-how-can-a-unicum-get-5515-points-of-damage-and-lose-the-game/

TheJ4ckal #9 Posted 29 December 2019 - 04:17 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3097 battles

You do realise what you want will never happen.

This is a game that ANYONE can play. Most of the players will be in the medium to low category. People that really know what they are doing are a tiny percentage in this game. Those tiny percentage are in the best position to teach strategy on each map during the game but they dont.

To get good is very hard and longwinded and most players dont even have the time to go off and learn, they play a few hours a week cos they like how tanks look.

Even if WG fixed MM to your own specifications, gave everyone free gold ammo and strong armour, you will still get people that dont know the map on your team. You as the more experienced player are the only one who can change that in game. Tell people where to go, when to hold back, where the enemy will come from. Then these people will get better....SLOWLY.

Bitching about players will never improve anything, because there will be a constant supply of new players.

Also bear in mind that the enemy is saying exactly the same thing about their own team. 

Soo much energy is wasted moaning about stuff that will never change, it is human nature, you cant change it. Noobs will always exist, especially in a game with such large teams. The few good players in each team need to change more than the noobs do.

You are half the problem too. Thats not an insult just trying to expand your thinking.

mtnm #10 Posted 29 December 2019 - 07:56 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 3915 battles
It would be nice to have a hotkey that displays a heatmap for my current tank type.

Gixxer66 #11 Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:17 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19721 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

Everything is situational - If I'm bottom Tier in my T-29 there's no way I'm going to try and brawl with T9 heavies in the "heavy lane" it would be suicide. I'm much better trying to find a position that I can use my tanks strengths against either same tier or +1 tier tanks. On the other hand as a top tier heavy, lets say in my KV3 I'm going to find a corner sidescrape and try punish anyone making mistakes, and hopefully act as a shield for my team.

Everyone makes mistakes with their initial read and positioning, even after nearly 20K games I screw up regularly, not as often as a new player but still too often.

No point in raging, people will never play the game the way  you think is right, as we all play with different motivation / reasons, skill levels. Sure it can be frustrating, at which point it's best to take a break.

Homer_J #12 Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:09 AM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostStevies_Team, on 29 December 2019 - 12:11 AM, said:

It's random

What you're after is skill-based-matchmaking

Or join a clan

I would say that if they want everyone to do what they are "supposed to" then they should join the army.

This is a computer game, something people do to escape from the real world.  Not a career.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #13 Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:29 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35555 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostOneShot_OneDollar, on 29 December 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

TD must staying behind and help others to defend the base, HT must going to the city and block other tanks because only heavys can perfectly play in city beacause they can use their armor to gain the time, that was just an exemple. 

This is wrong, you take your tank where you think it is going to be most effective whatever tank it is, there is no "correct" place to go. 

For example I took my Maus down the traditionally medium flank the other day. That annoyed a couple of team mates who thought I should be going "where heavy tanks go", but I think it annoyed the enemy mediums more when I helped my mediums plow right through them. :) 

rsanders5 #14 Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29057 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 29 December 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

I would say that if they want everyone to do what they are "supposed to" then they should join the army.

This is a computer game, something people do to escape from the real world.  Not a career.

Doing as you're 'supposed to' as a soldier only works so far. You still 

need to be able to adapt & change according to what happens in battle.

It's being able to apply the needed tactics across the whole battle that 

makes the difference.

The missing part in most randoms is teamwork. 

Homer_J #15 Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:46 AM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postrsanders5, on 29 December 2019 - 08:44 AM, said:

Doing as you're 'supposed to' as a soldier only works so far. You still 

need to be able to adapt & change according to what happens in battle.

It's being able to apply the needed tactics across the whole battle that 

makes the difference.

The missing part in most randoms is teamwork. 

I would say the missing part is adapting and changing for many people.

If the matchmaker throws you a team who all want to go down Lakeville valley then there is no point you going to town on your own because that's the "right" thing to do.

Bordhaw #16 Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 15628 battles

View PostOneShot_OneDollar, on 28 December 2019 - 11:44 PM, said:

Then why don't you post using your real account? 

Randomar #17 Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:58 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30058 battles

View Postmtnm, on 29 December 2019 - 07:56 AM, said:

It would be nice to have a hotkey that displays a heatmap for my current tank type.

You can download a mod with edited maps.
When you look closer on those maps, you find predefined positions on it, with the known symbols for the tank classes.

strv_varjager #18 Posted 29 December 2019 - 02:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6928 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 29 December 2019 - 01:44 AM, said:

Actually there is such a thing as "HT go here" and "TD do this" but this game desperatly needs a basic meta everyone start the game from and when a player is experienced enough then they naturally form their own meta when the game allows it but until then they should follow the basic meta. Basic straight forward tactics everyone understands is just what this game needs to up the quality of the games.

Strappster #19 Posted 29 December 2019 - 03:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28549 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBordhaw, on 29 December 2019 - 12:54 PM, said:

Then why don't you post using your real account? 

Because people would use his stats to dismiss his argument instead of tackling the proposition. Although in this case the proposition is easily dismissed without resort to stats so it's near enough irrelevant what his numbers say.

Stimpeltje #20 Posted 29 December 2019 - 03:19 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 29756 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 29 December 2019 - 09:09 AM, said:

yea

If people want to be useless turds, let them be

Also tagged with noobs, matchmaking, new players, winrate, rage, wargaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users