Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Ratriq #1 Posted 30 December 2019 - 12:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
So I've searched around a bit about this and only found out about it's possible to do with XVM, but even the old threads which explain how to do it doesn't work for me.
Like this one:
http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/390991-please-help-me-with-tank-names-in-xvm/

Is simply me doing it wrong or have the method changed? I've tried with both the raw XVM only mod and with Aslains mod pack and went and changed the name of my E 75, nothing happens though when I did it in the mod files.
I'd love to change the name of my E 75 to King Tiger/Königstiger or something similar but seems like I can't, been searching for ages and nothing that could help me have shown up.

plkJaqenHghar #2 Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 32436 battles
Hello, 

the advice from that thread should still be fine I guess. Tried to rename M53/55 and it worked just fine for me. 
If you are using XVM in vehicleNames.xc change null into "XX_YY" and that is it. I did edit only the full name not short, but you can change both.

Edited by plkJaqenHghar, 30 December 2019 - 10:43 AM.

Ratriq #3 Posted 30 December 2019 - 01:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostplkJaqenHghar, on 30 December 2019 - 09:35 AM, said:

Hello, 

the advice from that thread should still be fine I guess. Tried to rename M53/55 and it worked just fine for me. 
If you are using XVM in vehicleNames.xc change null into "XX_YY" and that is it. I did edit only the full name not short, but you can change both.

Well both good & bad news, I realized I forgot to "quote" in the name like {"name: "King". "short, null}, and just typed King. So now I know what I did wrong but... it still doesn't work, nothing at all happens now actually.
Before when editing in Aslain it would bug out all my setting and the whole mod pack would go back to its preset settings, now nothing at all simply happens when changing the names of the tanks.
Can't find what is wrong with it though, even tried moving it to the desktop only to edit it there and then replace the other file in the folder but nope, nothing is happening at all now.
    "germany-G55_E-75":                      {"name": "King", "short": "King"},

Ratriq #4 Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
So I managed to find a fix thanks to a helpful person who PM'd me, so if anyone stumbles across this with the same problem as me here's a file you can download, after you install it with the launcher, read the "read me" text where they'll post a video which shows how to use it. Worked flawlessly, besides including foreign symbols such as "ö". So sadly no "Königstiger" for my E 75.

Either way, my beautiful E 75 is finally, officially a King Tiger. It also seems to work to change a bunch of other stuff too, like crew names, rank names, module names, etc and you don't even need XVM for this!
https://github.com/mikeoverbay/MO-Editor/tree/master/MO%20File%20Editor

8e20d39d29a5a9338c6dd06b5c3dd477.jpg

Edit: Again, thanks for the helpful fellow I managed to rename the E-75 to "Königstiger" by downloading a program called "Virtaal" and changing the same files you edit with "MO-editor", the only difference is that you use a different program now.

Edited by Ratriq, 31 December 2019 - 10:09 PM.

Also tagged with Help

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users