Not enjoying Renegade

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

FTR #1 Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:32 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17035 battles

I find it so awkward to play. You are technically hulldown god, except that you are not because of a giant weakspot on top, hull sucks. Gun is decent and accurate, but it does not feel like it aims fast enough to snap shot reliably. I am guessing the idea behind this tank is to peak quickly while hulldown, take a shot and go back into cover, which is similar to other american heavies playstyle. The thing is, I find this playstyle kinda weird to get used to after playing heavies of other nations and you can so easily get snap-shotted back because of this huge weakspot on top, especially in close range.

I honestly thought this tank will be more enjoyable to play after quite decent reviews of it.

tl;dr I suck in Renegade, send help.

NekoPuffer_PPP #2 Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:38 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35376 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

So the problem is...it has a weakspot?

:facepalm: No comment.

I like it, it's mobile and has decent DPM with great pen. A good all-rounder IMO.

AIZEN_GUARD #3 Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:05 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24372 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN

it is a good tank if you look other amrican tank 

360 for 8.4sec reload         t34 400 for 12.3     t26e5  230   6.1sec   t32=320 10.1

so in overall this alpha  is nice 

turt:   

t34 funy get pen - side get HE pen  backside dont get pen

26e5  and t32   same tank but a little permium one get buff     hard to pen   --side dont get HE pen backside get 35%chans pen

renegade: fornt need aim to 75% chans to pen    side dont get HE pen

speed and movement:  no any american heavy to compere by renegade  is fast and agile more then other 

in the end is best amrican heavy to this day (and top3 of all premium heavy)

tajj7 #4 Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:15 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28861 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

It's a hybrid, you don't want to brawl with actual heavies as you can't snap them reliably and they will hit your cupola.

If you face heavies do it at mid ranges where they can't hit the cupola that easily and your superior gun comes into play, if you have to fight closer ranges then play support, let someone take the hits and use your mobility to get in shots whilst the enemy is reloading/distracted or make sure you trade 2 for 1 on the shots with your better DPM as the reload is around 8s and most tier 8 enemies have like 11-13s reloads if they have bigger guns. 

Brawl and bully meds by using ridges and hull down spots, you can snap them as you basically have to just hit most of them, whereas they need to hit your cupola to pen, and if you are giving them limited time to do that then they won't most of the time.

It's a heavium, you play heavy when vs meds, and you play med when vs heavies. 

Robbie_T #5 Posted 30 December 2019 - 03:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20932 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

That why i like the Ae phase1  more not that big of a cupola on the turret.

YEsterday i faced a  renegade in my progetto we where both 1 shots....

i won because of that horrible cupola on his turret...had 2 sec to shoot it while he was comming over the ridge.

FTR #6 Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:04 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17035 battles

View Posttajj7, on 30 December 2019 - 03:15 PM, said:

It's a hybrid, you don't want to brawl with actual heavies as you can't snap them reliably and they will hit your cupola.

If you face heavies do it at mid ranges where they can't hit the cupola that easily and your superior gun comes into play, if you have to fight closer ranges then play support, let someone take the hits and use your mobility to get in shots whilst the enemy is reloading/distracted or make sure you trade 2 for 1 on the shots with your better DPM as the reload is around 8s and most tier 8 enemies have like 11-13s reloads if they have bigger guns. 

Brawl and bully meds by using ridges and hull down spots, you can snap them as you basically have to just hit most of them, whereas they need to hit your cupola to pen, and if you are giving them limited time to do that then they won't most of the time.

It's a heavium, you play heavy when vs meds, and you play med when vs heavies. 

Good point. When playing Renegade you definitely cannot expose your turret and expect not to be penetrated.

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 30 December 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

So the problem is...it has a weakspot?

:facepalm: No comment.

I like it, it's mobile and has decent DPM with great pen. A good all-rounder IMO.

Theres no problem. I just expressed my thoughts of this tank based on some battles in it. Just wanted to see other people opinion.

But if you mention it, yeah, the turret of Renegade is underwhelming. Currently in wot there is plenty of tanks without any weakspots on turret or very tiny, tiny, difficult to hit weakspots. Renegade definitely has one of the larger weakspots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users