LHMTV

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TacPenguin #1 Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46519 battles

The LHMTV what is there to say?

Quick but not fast, Turns but slowly,  Engine just about good enough, Slow acceleration with a middling top speed. Gun good pen but awfully slow reload.

To sum up not really excellent at anything and average to poor at most things.

Modules setup I tried

Stock tank I used   

Vents, Camo net, Binoculars to try bush scouting.  As you can not out run or outfight anything.

Upgraded tank

Optics, Vents , Stab,     Trying to be a bit more pro active for the team. Not tried Vents swap to rammer (Edit now swapped vents for rammer much better).  Still going 1 v1 with anything is a sure way to a dead tank.

Play styles

Don't rush forward to spot as its likely the enemy light tank will be in position first and you are dead.

I try to Give it a minute or so to see team deployment and where their light tanks are then play cautious.  I liken it to playing scared and nibbling around the edge of battle using the good pen then scooting away unless you did the 15m bush thing. DO NOT blind fire shots.  25 is so small you get a 15 minute game you will run out.  then you just toothless spotter

Crew Skills

Commander,  BIA, 6 Sense, Camo

Gunner           BIA, camo, Snap shot

Driver             BIA, camo, Off road driving

I'm sure there are many ways to go but this is my setup for now.  I would recommend the absolute best crew you can get for brit lights bearing in mind when you get the Manticore at T10 you only have a commander and driver.  With I think the gunner perks are needed on the commander so 4 or more skills/perks are a good idea.

To sum up

The LHMTV is World of Tanks hard mode.  Needing patience and luck.  Quite often a disaster but when it all goes right in a close game and you win its very rewarding.

Is it better than the Setter???  Yes but only because of the gun penetration otherwise all the failings of the Setter are still present.

Is it better tier for tier than the setter??  Yes but by the smallest of margins.

Is it fun for me???  yes it is.  Hard to play but fun non the less

TcP

Edited by TacPenguin, 30 December 2019 - 11:28 PM.

TacPenguin #2 Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:38 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46519 battles

Sold

43 battles

45% win

Could not take it anymore.  The fun I had in it was an illusion.  RNG and the matchmaker were just trolling me:(

TcP

Edited by TacPenguin, 03 January 2020 - 06:38 PM.

Snaques #3 Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34609 battles

Well that didn't take long :D

I'm also grinding through it at the moment and just like Setter, I seem to do way better in it than I ever should. Both of those tanks have really bad stats and they are among the best performers for me. Go figure.

What comes to the comparison with Setter, I quite prefer the LHMTV. It is way more mobile and actually feels like an LT. It also has rather nice alpha with decent gun handling to go along with it.

Also, I don't really understand your point about not doing the early spots. LHMTV is fast enough and it has insane camo, so it can get to the passive spot bushes just as well as any other LT.

TacPenguin #4 Posted 04 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46519 battles

View PostSnaques, on 04 January 2020 - 11:30 AM, said:

Well that didn't take long :D

I'm also grinding through it at the moment and just like Setter, I seem to do way better in it than I ever should. Both of those tanks have really bad stats and they are among the best performers for me. Go figure.

What comes to the comparison with Setter, I quite prefer the LHMTV. It is way more mobile and actually feels like an LT. It also has rather nice alpha with decent gun handling to go along with it.

Also, I don't really understand your point about not doing the early spots. LHMTV is fast enough and it has insane camo, so it can get to the passive spot bushes just as well as any other LT.

The early spots was just the result of my battles where if went forward to get early spots and ran into an enemy light and engaged just about every time 1 V 1 I lost.   If I did get an uncontested scout run all was good as camo is very good.

TcP

Edited by TacPenguin, 04 January 2020 - 04:07 PM.

DangerMouse #5 Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 30456 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
I found that trying to improve DPM was a waste as you were never going to out DPM in a 1v1 so went Vents, Vstab and Optics on them all, tried the rammer on the tier 9 again but vents gives you more of what works for the tank.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users