UDES 14 5 problems

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Hechaton #1 Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:47 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 54134 battles

I bought it, found it to be a crap tank, sold it. Bought it again for a second run.

Ok, this is probably one of the worst medium tanks at tier 8.

The key feture  -the hydraulic suspension, is actually a disadvantage above anything else.

Making use of the suspension to crawl up a hill to utilize the extra depression is just a terrible idea.

It has no armour, and the enemy has plenty of time to aim for the turret, queeze off a shot and get to safety before you even get to fire.

Combined with terrible track and turret traverse, making it clumsy to use frontline.

Everything about this tank yells "stay back and camp". It's a completely different playstyle from the following two tanks in the tree that invites to a more active play. 

As I see it, tier 8 is a preparation for the two following tiers. This tank just doesn't fit in the tank tree. 

The camping aspect in it self is a problem, We just don't need any more camping in this game.

BUGS:

No camo will stick to the tank. Bught all 3 camos for gold twice. Didn't stick to the tank. 

The premium consumables won't work occasionally.

The bush mechanic doesn't seem to work well with this tank, either there is a bug, or the camo vaule is inacurate.

Mr_Burrows #2 Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50652 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

I disagree. But then again I do not get tanks like IS-3 to work for me, so... 

The UDES 14 5 is one of the most fun tier 8 tanks in game IMHO. Heck, I wish it was that one being sold as a premium tank and the Lansen C was the tech tree variety. The suspension works just fine, you only need to apply it right. It takes some practice. 

I do okay in mine, I have a way too low average dmg per game to really be a benefit to my team, but I got a totally ok WR in it anyway over 397 battles at 61% (but average dmg is just 1515, in the "yellow" region). 

It is fast, it is sneaky, and it has an impressive alpha for a tier 8 medium. And the ammo is fast fast fast, no need to lead your shots by much at all, even over distance. 

The only thing I do not like about it is the guns tendency to be derpy. If I have to, I try to aim just a wee bit high, 'cause the shots often seems to fall short.  

A keeper for me. But we all like different tanks, ofc. 

azakow #3 Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:07 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84661 battles

View PostHechaton, on 30 December 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

BUGS:

1) No camo will stick to the tank. Bught all 3 camos for gold twice. Didn't stick to the tank. 

2) The premium consumables won't work occasionally.

3) The bush mechanic doesn't seem to work well with this tank, either there is a bug, or the camo vaule is inacurate.

1) Most likely a case of PEBKAC :)

2) You press the 4/5/6-key and nothing happens? In this case try ALT+TAB to get out and ALT+TAB to get into the game again -> fixed.

3) Bush mechanics is situational in general, because it dependes on he opponents. I had no trouble with bushes and "double bushing", but my crew was fully trained in camo as well. What camo training does you crew have?

Steel_Patriot #4 Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44715 battles
  • [_DOG] _DOG

I bypassed it , just because i had a mountain of blueprints and used them up . Ill go back on it after the holidays . The teir 9 is mediocre , but basically the only problem with it is it isn't russian so will never be buffed..

Please do not use it frontline , even the teir 9 is autopenned by ap from a Lowe while peaking over a hill . Sit back and use second line for first 1/2 of battle or stuff in front is a 1 shot and has no backup ( pure 1 second death tank).

You have to remember to slow right up before you crest a hill for the suspension to work , master that and it is a beast .

Hechaton #5 Posted 30 December 2019 - 08:25 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 54134 battles
Yea, I kinda know how the machanics works

FatigueGalaxy #6 Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 22756 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

It's fast, it has big alpha, good penetration and camo. You use the suspension when you are unspotted - even if they are aiming at you they won't be able to react fast enough to shoot you back.

You play it as a sneaky MT.

You say it doesn't fit the tech tree and I disagree. You play almost exactly the same as Leo with 105 mm. Poke here and there, find a target, sneak up, shoot it with your big alpha and retreat until you are unspotted.

Also, if you don't like the suspension mechanic then don't even play tier 9 because that tank doesn't have good alpha and penetration for its tier like UDES 14 5. It's one-trick pony - you either get hulldown and use the suspension or you are crappy tier 9 med. Armour barely works because it's hard to hide LFP (turret is in the back so even using full gun depression you will show a bit of LFP in most situations) and HEAT doesn't care about your sloped armour. You don't have alpha, pen or DPM so you have to rely on unreliable armour and clunky suspension mechanic.

SuNo_TeSLa #7 Posted 30 December 2019 - 10:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 53147 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH

View PostHechaton, on 30 December 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

I bought it, found it to be a crap tank, sold it. Bought it again for a second run.

Ok, this is probably one of the worst medium tanks at tier 8.

The key feture  -the hydraulic suspension, is actually a disadvantage above anything else.

Making use of the suspension to crawl up a hill to utilize the extra depression is just a terrible idea.

It has no armour, and the enemy has plenty of time to aim for the turret, queeze off a shot and get to safety before you even get to fire.

Combined with terrible track and turret traverse, making it clumsy to use frontline.

Everything about this tank yells "stay back and camp". It's a completely different playstyle from the following two tanks in the tree that invites to a more active play. 

As I see it, tier 8 is a preparation for the two following tiers. This tank just doesn't fit in the tank tree. 

The camping aspect in it self is a problem, We just don't need any more camping in this game.

BUGS:

No camo will stick to the tank. Bught all 3 camos for gold twice. Didn't stick to the tank. 

The premium consumables won't work occasionally.

The bush mechanic doesn't seem to work well with this tank, either there is a bug, or the camo vaule is inacurate.

What are you smoking? Brilliant tank with barely any drawbacks at all :)

snowlywhite #8 Posted 30 December 2019 - 11:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26816 battles

it's not like the t9, it's like the t7. And it's a very good tank after you get used to it/get used to siege mode.

camo is excellent, alpha is td level, vr is good. HE is great on paper stuff.

Dpm is horrid, pen is bad(but that's on the whole line). I mean, nominally pen is ok. But it's apcr with gold apcr. Hence not that great when you need normalization. Armor is non existent which basically means you want to work the ridge mid range, not close range. Or flank.

t9 is the stinker in the line; t8 is more than ok. It's actually good.

Hechaton #9 Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:36 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 54134 battles

Good you like it.

I think it's crap

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:51 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
It's the same as the TD line with little to no armour at tier 8 and then some workable armour at 9/10. You get boss level gun depression tho that let's you work ridge lines while presenting an extremely small target for the enemy to hit. It's a good tank. 

snowlywhite #11 Posted 31 December 2019 - 03:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 26816 battles

View PostHechaton, on 31 December 2019 - 02:36 AM, said:

Good you like it.

I think it's crap

it's your highest dpg t8, so... dunno what do say :P

SteVer1n0 #12 Posted 31 December 2019 - 03:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 14127 battles

I think I may have found the problem

Hammerhead20 #13 Posted 31 December 2019 - 10:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 30353 battles

It's not the greatest tier VIII medium tank but not the worse either.

You just need to play smart with it.

Stay at the back and try to "support" your team because you can't go in front and fight.

You have no armour but mobility is decent, use it for relocating and changing angles for better shots.

I rather play with UDES 14 5 all day long than with complete crap vehicle like Panther II...

Gardar7 #14 Posted 31 December 2019 - 11:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24920 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I skipped the UDES 14 5 with the blueprints we received for Xmas. It is sluggish and the most annoying - it has no turret armour at all. For me the UDES 16 is already much better, even stock. Mainly because of the bouncier turret and the extra mobility. 

Mr_Burrows #15 Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 50652 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
No mobility? Okay, it accelerates a bit sluggish but it turns on a dime and keeps up with Progettos going places. 

Homer_J #16 Posted 31 December 2019 - 12:15 PM

Field Marshal

• 33147 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHechaton, on 30 December 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

You know you have to buy 9 camos?

3 summer, 3 winter, 3 desert.

Summer camo won't show on a winter or desert map, etc.

JOSEBA_PRIME #17 Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22674 battles
  • [7SENS] 7SENS

Armour is not everything...

It has very good alpha dmg, good pen, good mobility, very good cammo and excellent depresion. More than you need on a medium tank.

Nishi_Kinuyo #18 Posted 31 December 2019 - 05:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9945 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostHomer_J, on 31 December 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

You know you have to buy 9 camos?

3 summer, 3 winter, 3 desert.

Summer camo won't show on a winter or desert map, etc.

Maybe he uses a mod that swaps camo around?

I know they exist, so... :harp:

As for the tank itself: mine works fine.

One of my best-performing tier 8s so far.

Doesn't have turret armour? No problem, barely any MT I've played has that so you get used to it.

Enemies having all the time to aim for your turret? You're doing something wrong then, because the UDES 14 5 has one of the best MT bloom values on its tier. You're not a centurion who needs the turret armour because it takes ages to aim.

Oldewolfe #19 Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 531 battles

https://youtu.be/AMaxGH3-zxA

It needs to be played a Bit Sneakier than most, you have to Know ahead of time where the Red Tanks will be, and you don't want to Sit there Giving them the Time to Aim at you....        Played like a Scout/TD Hybrid you can do Well in it and I personally like it Netter than the Udes 16, but that one's beginning to Grow on me Some.....

mike920 #20 Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28911 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
360 alpha with middle of the pack dpm, small profile, and 0.1 dispersion when stationary and turning the turret, this tank is one of the best tech tree mediums if you know how to trade properly 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users