Guys n Gals

Crew

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Wreckedum #1 Posted 01 January 2020 - 02:27 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 119413 battles

Dear brains trust with both snow maidens and a father christmas guy available to recruit perhaps you could advise on a couple of questions

1 Do Brothers in Arms and Sisters in Arms mix and work?

2 Is it better to have a whole crew of these or just commanders?

3 Will these christamsy dudes mix with other sisters or brothers?

Edited by Wreckedum, 01 January 2020 - 02:28 PM.

jack_timber #2 Posted 01 January 2020 - 02:32 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42113 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Yes

Your choice

Yes

Happy New year

Rustybum #3 Posted 01 January 2020 - 02:33 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10123 battles

1. My older, Happy Days remembering, brain is disappointed this wasn't titled 'Guys n Dolls'.

2. Yeah they all work together, the bonus commanders I find useful for new crews where you start off with 6th and can have 100% mentor to get the others up to speed faster. 

Rainbowkiss83 #4 Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:04 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25063 battles
  • [_HATE] _HATE
2. i prefer to use them as commanders in order to have 6th sense ASAP, but i must admit my old female crew on my IS7 (back in time you were not able to choose the role, they were already assigned) rocks since they train much faster and they have tons of skills ready
Still 3 skills are enought to play actually (even 1 if you have 6th sense :bush:) but BiAs sometimes really makes the difference 

Sessine #5 Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28025 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

For 2: Check out the tank lines you are interested in. Some crews stay the same so if you want to have 1 good crew you can have that. Also small crews on scouts or swedish TDs, The extra BiA helps. I would use them on scouts or fast paper TDs and med lines (where they stay together until the end, you might have to train an extra guy somewhere but you can plan for that). Don´t really use them on heavies because they usually have big crews and they do not need it as much or SPGs (you train BiA off the bat since all the rest are extras which are situational). 

Then again if your plan is starting 8 new lines for 2020 most would be commanders (but see if you can make some of the 2 or 3 person crews).

undutchable80 #6 Posted 01 January 2020 - 03:32 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 13058 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Usually I use them as commanders, but since we got so many with holiday ops, I decided to put Stefan Claus + 2 snow maidens in my T100LT, since 3-person crews need way more skills and perks than 4- or 5-person crews. 

shikaka9 #7 Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:56 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 73741 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Alabama. to all questions

Edited by shikaka9, 01 January 2020 - 07:56 PM.

BrinklyWollox #8 Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:17 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28387 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostWreckedum, on 01 January 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

2 Is it better to have a whole crew of these or just commanders?

Dealer's choice. I like to keep them together, mostly because I don't have many well-trained regular crews with BiA to mix with them. Keeping them together gives me the BiA bonus and means the crew remains at roughly the same skill level.

As Sessine says above, definitely check out the line before you assign them. A couple of years back we were given Swedish ladies for the TDs and WG had to add a last-minute additional lady when people noticed that from tier 8 on, the TDs need a radio operator who wasn't there before. I missed out completing the collection for that one so one of these days I'll have to cough up gold to swap one of my ladies into the role.

Spurtung #9 Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 01 January 2020 - 07:17 PM, said:

A couple of years back we were given Swedish ladies for the TDs and WG had to add a last-minute additional lady when people noticed that from tier 8 on, the TDs need a radio operator who wasn't there before. I missed out completing the collection for that one so one of these days I'll have to cough up gold to swap one of my ladies into the role.

No.

There was one for each qualification, right off the bat. If anything, people had to requalify the loader (as driver or commander, to better fit the tier 10 crews), at their own expense, but WG definitely did not make any adjustments whatsoever.

BrinklyWollox #10 Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28387 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostSpurtung, on 01 January 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

No.

There was one for each qualification, right off the bat. If anything, people had to requalify the loader (as driver or commander, to better fit the tier 10 crews), at their own expense, but WG definitely did not make any adjustments whatsoever.

No. They gave us four female crew - Commander, Driver, Loader and Radio Operator - there was no Gunner and you had to spend gold to re-spec the Radio Op. They were suited to the high tier TDs but nothing else.

Forum thread confirming the above.

And then WG added an additional mission to earn yourself a Swedish female Gunner - see here.

In short, we're both wrong but I was less wrong than you. :honoring:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #11 Posted 01 January 2020 - 08:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35287 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Commanders usually have the most skills to pick up to be their best so starting off with a crew member with a couple free ones makes it a lot easier, so it's best to use them as commanders only, but not compulsory if you want to do different. 

Spurtung #12 Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:08 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 01 January 2020 - 07:48 PM, said:

No. They gave us four female crew - Commander, Driver, Loader and Radio Operator - there was no Gunner and you had to spend gold to re-spec the Radio Op. They were suited to the high tier TDs but nothing else.

Forum thread confirming the above.

And then WG added an additional mission to earn yourself a Swedish female Gunner - see here.

In short, we're both wrong but I was less wrong than you. :honoring:

I'm wrong? Did I, or you, ever mentioned how they were given? I completely stand by what I said before: we got one of each.

BrinklyWollox #13 Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28387 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostSpurtung, on 01 January 2020 - 08:08 PM, said:

I'm wrong? Did I, or you, ever mentioned how they were given? I completely stand by what I said before: we got one of each.

You said ...

There was one for each qualification, right off the bat.

Which was wrong. You also said ...

If anything, people had to requalify the loader (as driver or commander, to better fit the tier 10 crews), at their own expense ...

Which was wrong because people re-specced the radio operator, not the loader, as per the first link I posted in support of my argument. This was presumably because you need a loader in the lower tier TDs if you're grinding the line, you don't need a radio operator until tier 8.

You then said ...

... but WG definitely did not make any adjustments whatsoever.

Which was wrong because WG added the mission for the Gunner after the event went live, as per the second link I posted. WG even said ...

WG Announcement 23/12/2016 ...

Get ready for another festive surprise! We added an extra battle mission for Holiday Ops. By completing it you can recruit one more Swedish female crew member: Gunner.

What part of "festive surprise" and "We added an extra battle mission" makes you think it was designed that way from the start?

I understand that it's important on this forum to never admit to being wrong about anything but seriously, you should try it, it's pretty cathartic and makes you look a lot less of a fool when you're corrected.

And in that spirit, I'm happy to be corrected in return. Please, post the links that show you're right, that we had all five roles available from the start of that promotion and an additional mission wasn't added later (i.e. WG made an adjustment). Take your time, I'll wait. :)

Spurtung #14 Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 01 January 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 01 January 2020 - 08:08 PM, said:

You said ...

There was one for each qualification, right off the bat.

Which was wrong. You also said ...

Except it is right: we got one of each. I did not say how we got them, and, judging by the news date, calling that "last minute" is beyond far fetched.

If anything, people had to requalify the loader (as driver or commander, to better fit the tier 10 crews), at their own expense ...

Which was wrong because people re-specced the radio operator, not the loader, as per the first link I posted in support of my argument. This was presumably because you need a loader in the lower tier TDs if you're grinding the line, you don't need a radio operator until tier 8.

Also, not wrong.

Kranvagn has Commander, Gunner and Driver, while the Strv 103B has Commander, Driver and Radio Operator.

The Loader was always the issue, and even nowadays, from tier 8+, only the premium MTs need one (Lansen C, Primo Victoria and Strv 81).

You then said ...

... but WG definitely did not make any adjustments whatsoever.

Which was wrong because WG added the mission for the Gunner after the event went live, as per the second link I posted. WG even said ...

I did not recall that, but it was well within a timely fashion on the event, and not hard to get anyway. And, we did get one of each.

WG Announcement 23/12/2016 ...

Get ready for another festive surprise! We added an extra battle mission for Holiday Ops. By completing it you can recruit one more Swedish female crew member: Gunner.

What part of "festive surprise" and "We added an extra battle mission" makes you think it was designed that way from the start?

I understand that it's important on this forum to never admit to being wrong about anything but seriously, you should try it, it's pretty cathartic and makes you look a lot less of a fool when you're corrected.

And in that spirit, I'm happy to be corrected in return. Please, post the links that show you're right, that we had all five roles available from the start of that promotion and an additional mission wasn't added later (i.e. WG made an adjustment). Take your time, I'll wait. :)

BrinklyWollox #15 Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28387 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostSpurtung, on 01 January 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

Except it is right: we got one of each. I did not say how we got them, and, judging by the news date, calling that "last minute" is beyond far fetched.

You said "right off the bat", which was wrong as I've shown. And "last minute" can apply to the start of an event as well as the end, it's a matter of timing in the context of the complaints and as the date of the forum posting I linked is 18 December, adding it on the 23 December (i.e. before the big Christmas holiday rush of players) could be considered last minute.

But then I also admitted I was partly wrong about my recollections, something you've yet to manage.

Also, not wrong.

Kranvagn has Commander, Gunner and Driver, while the Strv 103B has Commander, Driver and Radio Operator.

The Loader was always the issue, and even nowadays, from tier 8+, only the premium MTs need one (Lansen C, Primo Victoria and Strv 81).

Except also wrong - the context was high tier TDs, as stated in both of my posts that you replied to. You can't introduce the other classes now and claim you meant them all along.

Well, I guess you can, if you really want to play the "well ackchually" card ...

I did not recall that, but it was well within a timely fashion on the event, and not hard to get anyway. And, we did get one of each.

Oh, I see you're fully committed to the ackchually thing. Oh well, I can't provide arguments against that level of pigheadedness so I guess I'm done here.

Still waiting for those links, BTW. One showing concern about crew roles for non-TDs would be a good starter ... if you hadn't claimed all the roles were filled from the start. :unsure:

Spurtung #16 Posted 01 January 2020 - 10:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 01 January 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Also, not wrong.

The Loader was always the issue, and even nowadays, from tier 8+, only the premium MTs need one (Lansen C, Primo Victoria and Strv 81).

Except also wrong - the context was high tier TDs, as stated in both of my posts that you replied to. You can't introduce the other classes now and claim you meant them all along.

Yeah, TDs or HTs, from tier 8 and up have no loaders, the rest was to mention that, even now, only those 3 tanks need a loader.

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 01 January 2020 - 08:59 PM, said:

Still waiting for those links, BTW. One showing concern about crew roles for non-TDs would be a good starter ... if you hadn't claimed all the roles were filled from the start. :unsure:

What links? When did I ever say any of that? I only said we got one crew member for every qualification. Congrats on digging out one of which was through an extra mission, but I don't see how that conflicts with it.

Edited by Spurtung, 01 January 2020 - 10:57 PM.

BrinklyWollox #17 Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:02 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28387 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostSpurtung, on 01 January 2020 - 09:53 PM, said:

What links? When did I ever say any of that? I only said we got one crew member for every qualification. Congrats on digging out one of which was through an extra mission, but I don't see how that conflicts to it.

So you're claiming that you said we got one for every qualification except for the qualification which was added later which means there wasn't one for every qualification which is what you said and WG never made any adjustments whatsoever except for when they added a mission to provide one for every qualification but you don't see how that conflicts with what you said.

Nice try but vocabularic spaghetti isn't going to help you now. You were wrong. I was wrong. I was less wrong than you. I win all the internet points from this one, baby. :P

NUKLEAR_SLUG #18 Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:21 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35287 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Brinkly is right, the extra crew member was added later because everyone kicked off when we found out we would have to respec one of them for gold to get them to fit the oddball crew layout. The extra one fixed that, it was never initially allocated tho.

N_Sask_R #19 Posted 03 January 2020 - 03:52 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 17090 battles
You're both pretty :)

Also tagged with Crew

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users