KV-2 MoE

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Ratriq #1 Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6380 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I actually thought I'd never ask this but well, now when I've managed to surprisingly 2 mark it, what are some tips for 3 marking it? I seem to have gotten stuck at 83-86% now.

Nitro_Tank #2 Posted 01 January 2020 - 09:54 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 7473 battles
Play on days the server is unstable, hope for a crash and farm all 15 enemies :)

samuelx43a #3 Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27903 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRatriq, on 01 January 2020 - 09:46 PM, said:

I actually thought I'd never ask this but well, now when I've managed to surprisingly 2 mark it, what are some tips for 3 marking it? I seem to have gotten stuck at 83-86% now.

I've gotten close myself, but the thing with marking is that you need consistency, and with the derp gun, is almost nigh impossible. I'm guessing that you would have to use the 107

Ratriq #4 Posted 01 January 2020 - 11:36 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6380 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postsamuelx43a, on 01 January 2020 - 10:05 PM, said:

I've gotten close myself, but the thing with marking is that you need consistency, and with the derp gun, is almost nigh impossible. I'm guessing that you would have to use the 107

Yeah, I've heard things like that from the 107 but in all honesty, I can't understand how it is better for more "dmg" cause you will bounce a lot more while also not having that those sweet one-shots if you hit a paper tank or hit an enemy in the sides/rear.
Most of the time when hitting a t8 heavy tank that is sidescraping/hulldown I most often take around 150-300 of his hp, I can't see this working as good as with the 152 cause it would simply bounce in a situation like this.

The KV-2 is also badly armored which means the 107 will need to force the KV-2 out a lot more and do a lot more peekabo rather than with the 152.

Again, I've heard people both agreeing with what you are saying and people saying the opposite, personally I can't though see how the 107, while more consistent, will up my dmg count when it forces the KV-2 to show itself more often. While also throwing away the ability where you can ambush tanks and one-shot them if you get their side/rear or simply one-shot badly armored tanks.

antwerp_fighter #5 Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:04 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 53935 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
maybe using that 107mm gun and load gold...probably better than RNG derp...

samuelx43a #6 Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27903 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Do you at least have the correct crew skills too? 

I believe you can get it down to 19.8 with everything, not counting bond equipment.

Mine is at even lower, tho what is even crazier is you can get a sub 18sec reload with all the bells and whistles. Either way how you go about marking, good luck

Ratriq #7 Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6380 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postsamuelx43a, on 02 January 2020 - 01:07 AM, said:

Do you at least have the correct crew skills too? 

I believe you can get it down to 19.8 with everything, not counting bond equipment.

Mine is at even lower, tho what is even crazier is you can get a sub 18sec reload with all the bells and whistles. Either way how you go about marking, good luck

You could say so yeah, I even got bond equipment on my KV-2 R, kinda regret it now though since the KV-2 R is harder to mark, thus I'm playing it a lot less.

Spoiler

01:31 Added after 5 minute

View Postantwerp_fighter, on 02 January 2020 - 01:04 AM, said:

maybe using that 107mm gun and load gold...probably better than RNG derp...

But overall, won't the chances of also doing a lot of dmg 2-3k in a game go down tremendously? No more one-shotting tanks that show you their side/rear, no more killing paper tanks in one shot and even worse, you'll have to show your weak armor a lot more considering you reload faster and got worse dmg per shot.

Feels like, while unreliable, the 152 is a lot safer considering you don't have to risk showing your weak armor as much.

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:42 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31726 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostRatriq, on 01 January 2020 - 08:46 PM, said:

If you're forever floating around 85% I'd say forget about it, enjoy the 2 marks you bagged and just play away. It's just too far off the pace to rectify with a few adjustments so while I would say it's possible for you to hit 90% with a run of uncharacteristically tailored battles for a KV-2, which do happen now and again for ANY tank, I just can't see that run continuing long enough for you to maintain an unnaturally high 90% long enough to get another run of perfect battles long enough to push to 95%. 

I would say getting to 90% with a lot of mid tier tanks is very achievable for many players that focus and get a good synergy going with that tank but it's that last 5% is what really requires a player that is pretty much banging in aces and 1st class results every battle, it's the only way. Once you get to 90% ish, you can't really afford to have shhh and mediocre battles you will just bleed away % and it's what makes getting that 3rd mark a good feeling, like to make that final push to the peak of Everest... I'm sure lots of ppl can climb probably most of Everest to a certain height with some training but very few are capable to push up that death zone, that last hardest part and get to the very top, that's the real challenge and in this game, taking your tanks performance beyond 90% and up to 95%, that's the pinnacle achievement you can take that tank, to say you are playing that tank more effectively than 95% of the entire EU playerbase that plays that same tank. It's a good feeling you get there and plant your flag on that hypothetical summit.

Just keep in mind though, you are looking to best 95%, practically everyone else that uses that tank, it's not easy to do that and even less so with a popular tank.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 January 2020 - 12:45 PM.

Ratriq #9 Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6380 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 January 2020 - 11:42 AM, said:

If you're forever floating around 85% I'd say forget about it, enjoy the 2 marks you bagged and just play away. It's just too far off the pace to rectify with a few adjustments so while I would say it's possible for you to hit 90% with a run of uncharacteristically tailored battles for a KV-2, which do happen now and again for ANY tank, I just can't see that run continuing long enough for you to maintain an unnaturally high 90% long enough to get another run of perfect battles long enough to push to 95%. 

I would say getting to 90% with a lot of mid tier tanks is very achievable for many players that focus and get a good synergy going with that tank but it's that last 5% is what really requires a player that is pretty much banging in aces and 1st class results every battle, it's the only way. Once you get to 90% ish, you can't really afford to have shhh and mediocre battles you will just bleed away % and it's what makes getting that 3rd mark a good feeling, like to make that final push to the peak of Everest... I'm sure lots of ppl can climb probably most of Everest to a certain height with some training but very few are capable to push up that death zone, that last hardest part and get to the very top, that's the real challenge and in this game, taking your tanks performance beyond 90% and up to 95%, that's the pinnacle achievement you can take that tank, to say you are playing that tank more effectively than 95% of the entire EU playerbase that plays that same tank. It's a good feeling you get there and plant your flag on that hypothetical summit.

Just keep in mind though, you are looking to best 95%, practically everyone else that uses that tank, it's not easy to do that and even less so with a popular tank.

Yeah, tried all day yesterday and managed to get lucky in the last battle and now I'm up at 86,5% again, but yeah this is really a pain to do. Just checked my stats on WoTLabs to even check my performance and in 43 battles I managed to get a wn8 of 2760 and average kill ratio of 1,5 and yet it's not enough and I'm stuck at 86%.
I suppose I have to play the long game and improve with time until I manage to improve my KV-2 skills enough for a third mark.

3 marking this really is a pain though and I'm never even going to think about touching my KV-2 R to 3 mark, ever. The KV-2 is already hard and it says that I have to have an average dmg of 1500 while the KV-2 R is even crazier, with an average dmg of around 1920.

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:07 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31726 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostRatriq, on 02 January 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

Yeah, tried all day yesterday and managed to get lucky in the last battle and now I'm up at 86,5% again, but yeah this is really a pain to do. Just checked my stats on WoTLabs to even check my performance and in 43 battles I managed to get a wn8 of 2760 and average kill ratio of 1,5 and yet it's not enough and I'm stuck at 86%.
I suppose I have to play the long game and improve with time until I manage to improve my KV-2 skills enough for a third mark.

3 marking this really is a pain though and I'm never even going to think about touching my KV-2 R to 3 mark, ever. The KV-2 is already hard and it says that I have to have an average dmg of 1500 while the KV-2 R is even crazier, with an average dmg of around 1920.

Also keep in mind the progress gets slower and slower the higher you climb. The results that would take you from 85% to 90% would probably barely move you from 92% to 92.5% it gets harder and harder. It's not a case of, do 2k dmg and keep gaining 1% for example. It might gain you 1% when you are at 85% but it will barely move you .2% when you are at 93%. That's just a random example figure not making reference to any particular tank btw, obviously all tanks have their different dmg requirements etc. A player will race from 0% to 70% in probably about 40 battles but then things slow and it just gets harder and harder, requiring more and more better battles to move that bar up the scales. That's why I was saying that if you are kinda stuck at 85%, to get to 95% is basically having to probably double your average damage per battle and that's a hell of a big jump, it's not a case of just keep popping in results that will move 1% at 85%, that same result might actually bleed % at 90+ so it's not the same. 

Edited by TungstenHitman, 02 January 2020 - 01:09 PM.

Ratriq #11 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6380 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 January 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

Also keep in mind the progress gets slower and slower the higher you climb. The results that would take you from 85% to 90% would probably barely move you from 92% to 92.5% it gets harder and harder. It's not a case of, do 2k dmg and keep gaining 1% for example. It might gain you 1% when you are at 85% but it will barely move you .2% when you are at 93%. That's just a random example figure not making reference to any particular tank btw, obviously all tanks have their different dmg requirements etc. A player will race from 0% to 70% in probably about 40 battles but then things slow and it just gets harder and harder, requiring more and more better battles to move that bar up the scales. That's why I was saying that if you are kinda stuck at 85%, to get to 95% is basically having to probably double your average damage per battle and that's a hell of a big jump, it's not a case of just keep popping in results that will move 1% at 85%, that same result might actually bleed % at 90+ so it's not the same. 

Yeah I've realized this, getting to 85% was actually not too hard, almost went up to some degree every 10 battles but now I'm just kinda stuck.

Also, wait, double you say?
Sorry for asking but still new to XVM (using it to help me mark) doesn't this more or less tell me that I need to get like, on average, one more shot for about 200 dmg per battle to get the third mark? Been following these stats the whole time when trying to get my third mark.
3380a0dfbc0f0dcdb5b86a447d5b3e2f.png

Negativvv #12 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:33 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14822 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I've 3 marked a few mid tier vehicles so far and the KV-2 is probably going to be a tough one.

As 3 marking IMO is farming spotting or tracking, the KV-2 has neither the view range or accuracy with the derp to do either.

Some kid last night was boasting how many more Ace Tanker medals they had but that's largely irrelevant as anyone can get lucky once. The last push for 3 marking can be brutal as you need to hit the minimum combined damage even when your team is stomped or else be willing to fight twice as hard the game after to make up for it.

TungstenHitman #13 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31726 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostRatriq, on 02 January 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

Yeah I've realized this, getting to 85% was actually not too hard, almost went up to some degree every 10 battles but now I'm just kinda stuck.

Also, wait, double you say?
Sorry for asking but still new to XVM (using it to help me mark) doesn't this more or less tell me that I need to get like, on average, one more shot for about 200 dmg per battle to get the third mark? Been following these stats the whole time when trying to get my third mark.

No that was hypothetical figure for example. I don't use xvm or MoE mods, any mods at all lol. I pretty much ignore gun marks until I hit 92% then sharpen up my concentration a bit and progress into full try hard mode. Once I get to around 92 or 93% when things slow down I will establish based on battles, a figure that I will know is enough to maintain that current % without dropping.

So I will divide the battle into 2 phases. Before the battle even starts I say to myself, "right, 3k and no less" this if first phase, deal and assist myself 3k dmg(again just an example figure), THEN my battle really begins, phase 2, this is moving my % in the right direction, once I have achieved phase1, then anything after that is progress and the more the better obviously. I want every single crumb of damage and stick to the same type of assist damage since only the higher achieved type of assist is included. So if you are spotting and doing lots of spotting assists, don't shoot the tracks off the same tanks you are spotting just shoot the tank instead and visa versa. Also, I tend to turn down kills in favor of more damage, this doesn't effect my win rates because I'm in such tryhard mode my concentration is more than enough to usually deal with the almost dead tanks later, so instead I scoop all their delicious hp out, harvest them, and throw away what ever's left basically lol, if it's a slow reloading gun I'm not wasting it on some tank that will only return 10% of its potential. 

Ratriq #14 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6380 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNegativvv, on 02 January 2020 - 12:33 PM, said:

I've 3 marked a few mid tier vehicles so far and the KV-2 is probably going to be a tough one.

As 3 marking IMO is farming spotting or tracking, the KV-2 has neither the view range or accuracy with the derp to do either.

Some kid last night was boasting how many more Ace Tanker medals they had but that's largely irrelevant as anyone can get lucky once. The last push for 3 marking can be brutal as you need to hit the minimum combined damage even when your team is stomped or else be willing to fight twice as hard the game after to make up for it.

Yeah, I've noticed this quite a bit, but there is also the problem when I'm helping my team TOO much or they are just overall better than my enemy team, cause then they manage to kill the entire enemy team while I'm stuck at dmg which is most often in the 400 area but almost always under 1400.

At least moments as these have actually saved my stats by spotting dmg, sometimes If my team is dead and I spot for TDs I can get up to 1k assist dmg and other times I have been lucky to track unlucky fellows who have used their repair kits and teammates who actually take this opportunity to shoot my enemy.

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 January 2020 - 12:40 PM, said:

No that was hypothetical figure for example. I don't use xvm or MoE mods, any mods at all lol. I pretty much ignore gun marks until I hit 92% then sharpen up my concentration a bit and progress into full try hard mode. Once I get to around 92 or 93% when things slow down I will establish based on battles, a figure that I will know is enough to maintain that current % without dropping.

So I will divide the battle into 2 phases. Before the battle even starts I say to myself, "right, 3k and no less" this if first phase, deal and assist myself 3k dmg(again just an example figure), THEN my battle really begins, phase 2, this is moving my % in the right direction, once I have achieved phase1, then anything after that is progress and the more the better obviously. I want every single crumb of damage and stick to the same type of assist damage since only the higher achieved type of assist is included. So if you are spotting and doing lots of spotting assists, don't shoot the tracks off the same tanks you are spotting just shoot the tank instead and visa versa. Also, I tend to turn down kills in favor of more damage, this doesn't effect my win rates because I'm in such tryhard mode my concentration is more than enough to usually deal with the almost dead tanks later, so instead I scoop all their delicious hp out, harvest them, and throw away what ever's left basically lol, if it's a slow reloading gun I'm not wasting it on some tank that will only return 10% of its potential. 

Shouldn't the hypothetical figure be pretty close though? considering it takes data and all that from XVM.

Also, that's the exact mindset that I've set myself in too, I literally don't care about winning anymore, I just want to get dmg. I will in a heartbeat prioritize a full hp enemy rather then some one-shot with low hp right now if the one-shot is not actually a threat to me which can kill me and will stop my dmg-output in the long run in the match.

I'm actually working on trying to let my teammates die, purposely, if I see we are winning cause I don't want the match to result in a stomp were I can't catch up with my teammates since I'm a slow heavy with long reload/aim time.

Negativvv #15 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:51 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14822 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostRatriq, on 02 January 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

Yeah, I've noticed this quite a bit, but there is also the problem when I'm helping my team TOO much or they are just overall better than my enemy team, cause then they manage to kill the entire enemy team while I'm stuck at dmg which is most often in the 400 area but almost always under 1400.

That's the issue with slow tanks, you really need to get your positioning right from the start or be willing to go all in.

It's very easy for games to slip away from your 3 mark progress because the enemy has been face rolled. Off topic but speed is life, it's why I tend to play faster Meds and LTs these days.

Ratriq #16 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6380 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNegativvv, on 02 January 2020 - 12:51 PM, said:

That's the issue with slow tanks, you really need to get your positioning right from the start or be willing to go all in.

It's very easy for games to slip away from your 3 mark progress because the enemy has been face rolled. Off topic but speed is life, it's why I tend to play faster Meds and LTs these days.

Yeah, this exactly. 
Just an hour ago I was so "lucky" to find out the whole enemy team had abandoned their flank I was advancing towards in the start of the battle. Even better yet, desperate for dmg I tried to connect to my team where most of the enemy team were but being a genius as I am, I wanted to flank them from behind so I advanced into the flank and later I got shot and killed by a KV-2 and a T-34-85 that was protecting the base on a cliff behind bushes.

Better yet, I didn't even have the gun depression to shoot back
While we still won, I just managed to do around 400 dmg which made my MoE go down way too much.

Negativvv #17 Posted 02 January 2020 - 02:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14822 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View PostRatriq, on 02 January 2020 - 01:58 PM, said:

Yeah, this exactly. 
Just an hour ago I was so "lucky" to find out the whole enemy team had abandoned their flank I was advancing towards in the start of the battle. Even better yet, desperate for dmg I tried to connect to my team where most of the enemy team were but being a genius as I am, I wanted to flank them from behind so I advanced into the flank and later I got shot and killed by a KV-2 and a T-34-85 that was protecting the base on a cliff behind bushes.

Better yet, I didn't even have the gun depression to shoot back
While we still won, I just managed to do around 400 dmg which made my MoE go down way too much.

The map rotation can really screw you also as I'm sure you've found.

Can't ban all the bad maps so sometime you might get say Prok and Malinova in a HT which is not ideal especially vs lots of arty. But the game expects you adapt and ride out the bad patches for that 3rd mark...

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31726 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostRatriq, on 02 January 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

Also, that's the exact mindset that I've set myself in too, I literally don't care about winning anymore, I just want to get dmg. I will in a heartbeat prioritize a full hp enemy rather then some one-shot with low hp right now if the one-shot is not actually a threat to me which can kill me and will stop my dmg-output in the long run in the match.

I'm actually working on trying to let my teammates die, purposely, if I see we are winning cause I don't want the match to result in a stomp were I can't catch up with my teammates since I'm a slow heavy with long reload/aim time.

Lol no I don't throw wins and I don't work on trying to let my teammates die on purpose what the fork dude? All I'm saying is I don't want to cap out a fast win when the battle hasn't even established some level of "who is winning or losing" yet but that's the same mindset no matter what I'm doing. I play to shoot and kill tanks as much as I can so a fast cap win is always shhhhh so far as I'm concerned. There's times to cap and when that totally makes sense and I don't risk the win for a few extra shots if the result looks in doubt nor do I wish my teammates would die. What I find fun doing in this game is fighting other players, wrecking and killing tanks, not fast capping a win nor sitting behind a hill scratching my backside doing nothing like a chicken. A good side effect of wrecking lots of tanks is marking tanks but I don't sabotage my team to do so, never, that sucks.

Just don't expect me to be happy when someone charges to the enemy cap and wins before a single shot has been fired but that's why I only play standard battles and have all other random modes disabled. With standard battles you can get rofl stomps sure, which nothing can be done about but there WILL be fighting at least, not like those encounter battles where you get those ridiculously broken map fast-cap locations where one team only needs to quickly drive across and cap the win in seconds, so disable the other battle modes also helps, just keep the ones where teams have to fight it out primarily 

Ratriq #19 Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6380 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 January 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

Lol no I don't throw wins and I don't work on trying to let my teammates die on purpose what the fork dude? All I'm saying is I don't want to cap out a fast win when the battle hasn't even established some level of "who is winning or losing" yet but that's the same mindset no matter what I'm doing. I play to shoot and kill tanks as much as I can so a fast cap win is always shhhhh so far as I'm concerned. There's times to cap and when that totally makes sense and I don't risk the win for a few extra shots if the result looks in doubt nor do I wish my teammates would die. What I find fun doing in this game is fighting other players, wrecking and killing tanks, not fast capping a win nor sitting behind a hill scratching my backside doing nothing like a chicken. A good side effect of wrecking lots of tanks is marking tanks but I don't sabotage my team to do so, never, that sucks.

Just don't expect me to be happy when someone charges to the enemy cap and wins before a single shot has been fired but that's why I only play standard battles and have all other random modes disabled. With standard battles you can get rofl stomps sure, which nothing can be done about but there WILL be fighting at least, not like those encounter battles where you get those ridiculously broken map fast-cap locations where one team only needs to quickly drive across and cap the win in seconds, so disable the other battle modes also helps, just keep the ones where teams have to fight it out primarily 

Ok yeah, I know it came out a bit wrong and of course I'm not sacrificing teammates when it's a close battle, especially if we are losing cause a KV-2 without a teammate is most often helpless but if we are winning it's not too many choices you have if you want a 3rd mark on a slow heavy with slow aim time/reload

Save teammates & letting them live while winning will just result in them taking more of the dmg of the already losing enemy team which will just greatly decrease my chances of doing a lot of dmg.  Also if we are making them retreat or looking for more enemies I most can't get a single shot in after that cause again, a slow heavy. Even if I get to the remaining enemies I a lot of the times don't even have the time to aim onto the enemies before they get killed.
It's already hard with not having a platoon mate at t6 so I have to take all kinds of desperate ways to increase my dmg, weirdly enough, normally I'm the opposite, I care about winning, not doing dmg and will in worst cause scenario sacrifice myself for my team but here that is not an option.

Either way seems like I have to be working on that cause ever since I went into this "try-hard" mindset with even sacrificing teammates I've actually increased my wr from 49% to 52% on the KV-2. So... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View PostNegativvv, on 02 January 2020 - 01:28 PM, said:

The map rotation can really screw you also as I'm sure you've found.

Can't ban all the bad maps so sometime you might get say Prok and Malinova in a HT which is not ideal especially vs lots of arty. But the game expects you adapt and ride out the bad patches for that 3rd mark...

Yeah, especially with the 3 arty things since then I'm unavailable to play aggressively, on the upside with open maps, if I manage to spot enemies alone or track them and I'm lucky enough to have artys watching I can get some sweet spotting/tracking dmg.
Downside is though that the same thing can happen to me

RaxipIx #20 Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35583 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

I really don't want to burst a bubble. But KV-2 is  not something you go after without marking anything else.So you have a general feel of how it works and what to do.

Taking that aside i would assume KV-2 is probably one of the biggest RNG lottery to get the marks on .

I would suggest go for kv-1/ tier 5 meds /td's maybe even LT's, those will be far less frustrating to mark imo at first, and then and only then start  the KV-2. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users