New Crew Skill suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Wintermute_1 #1 Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:21 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52455 battles

With WG's "plans" to overhaul crew skills, do you have any good ideas for new ones?

One to get started,

Driver: Kill Engine - Driver switches off the engine removing enemy tanks ability to automatically spot you at 50m due to noise. This happens after a couple of seconds delay when the tank is immobile like a camo net. As soon as the tank moves it can again be auto spotted within 50m. Most useful for light tanks.

Personally I'm in favour of vastly expanding the number of crew skills in order to allow players to customize their play experience. Resetting skills would have to be cheaper though because you'd probably want different skills for different tanks along the tech tree.

Ratriq #2 Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:29 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWintermute_1, on 02 January 2020 - 03:21 AM, said:

Resetting skills would have to be cheaper though because you'd probably want different skills for different tanks along the tech tree.

Cheaper? You're not asking a bit too much know from WG are you? :teethhappy:

About skills, any kind of skills which will make my KV-2 even stronger, maybe some that cut down reloading, a bit with improving the accuracy, etc. Will be a perfect replacement for my 5 skill KV-2 crew. :trollface:

1ucky #3 Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89606 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

"Nerves of Steel":

-90% to stun duration,

-50% to stun effect,

+20% firefighting efficiency,

+33% crew protection from ramming/falling.

Gruff_ #4 Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23844 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

"Leave spawn"

If the real driver hasn't pressed W or travelled more than 10metres from base tank goes on autopilot and followss the well trodden paths for it's class.

BR33K1_PAWAH #5 Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:54 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

View PostWintermute_1, on 02 January 2020 - 06:21 AM, said:

Driver: Kill Engine - Driver switches off the engine removing enemy tanks ability to automatically spot you at 50m due to noise. This happens after a couple of seconds delay when the tank is immobile like a camo net. As soon as the tank moves it can again be auto spotted within 50m. Most useful for light tanks.

Interesting idea. But there is gonna be no Driver anymore :playing:

BR33K1_PAWAH #6 Posted 02 January 2020 - 09:10 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

What i would like to see as a new perk system in WoT would be something like this:

• no such thing as 50%/75% main skill; this only puts unnecessary strain on noobs
  • no "buff everything" skills like BiA
  • more convenient mechanic of transferring  commanders between tanks
  • skills usefullness should be adjusted all across the board so there will be no useless/broken skills
  • new skills for tank stats that we don't have yet - turret traverse, overall acceleration, accuracy
  • new skill mechanics like what OP proposed
  • buffs to surviavbility skills like Ordered Ammorack and driver "clean engine" skill

Overall it could look like this:

• as a commander gathers enough XP he unlocks a slot for a skill to put into (just like what we have now)
  • all skills are separated in a few groups, for example: Gun, Mobility, Survivability, Scout
  • skill slots are grouped in a 3-slot sets and you can't put more than one skill from each group in a set (so players couldn't min/max)
  • amount of XP needed to unlock the next skill slots slightly increases with each new slot within a set and jumps up with each next set - players will be able to gather first 3 skills quickly

Forum engine is acting up again :sceptic:

Edited by BR33K1_PAWAH, 02 January 2020 - 09:17 AM.

BR33K1_PAWAH #7 Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:09 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

Block Quote

New Crew Skill suggestions?

"Concussive shells" - increased chance of knocking crew members with HE hits. Bring HE meta on! :izmena:

Wintermute_1 #8 Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:34 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52455 battles

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 02 January 2020 - 06:54 AM, said:

Interesting idea. But there is gonna be no Driver anymore :playing:

Could be any crew member tbh, did they say they were getting rid of drivers?

Three_Rounds_Rapid #9 Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 45546 battles
  • [W__F] W__F
British Crew Skills - Tea Brewing & Egg Banjos

BrinklyWollox #10 Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28387 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 02 January 2020 - 08:10 AM, said:

• no "buff everything" skills like BiA

I like your suggestions but I suspect this one could be awkward. People have paid real money for tanks with BiA crews - removing it could lead to another round of "but when the Spershing was nerfed ..." complaints unless some kind of compensation was offered.

Wintermute_1 #11 Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:45 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 52455 battles

View Post1ucky, on 02 January 2020 - 05:11 AM, said:

"Nerves of Steel":

-90% to stun duration,

-50% to stun effect,

+20% firefighting efficiency,

+33% crew protection from ramming/falling.

This is a bit OP, everyone would pick it, I think OP crew skills just lead back to what exists now ie. no real variation. Everyone just has repairs, BIA, sixth sense..

BR33K1_PAWAH #12 Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

View PostWintermute_1, on 02 January 2020 - 01:34 PM, said:

Could be any crew member tbh, did they say they were getting rid of drivers?

They said in Q&A that in new system crew will be represented by a single entity, hence commander. So yeah, no more drivers or radiomen. Even radiowomen are gone! :ohmy:

But they also said something about grouping a bunch of your commanders in something they called "unit". Idk what was meant by that and what this mechanic is supposed to serve - i haven't watched Q&A myself, only read transcript in englush and it wasn't clear at all.

10:57 Added after 1 minute
I would bet that they want to rework and somehow bring together tank customization via equipment and skills and make it all work properly and cohesive.
11:00 Added after 5 minute

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 02 January 2020 - 01:41 PM, said:

I like your suggestions but I suspect this one could be awkward. People have paid real money for tanks with BiA crews - removing it could lead to another round of "but when the Spershing was nerfed ..." complaints unless some kind of compensation was offered.

Good point. If they would remove BiA they would have to replace it with a different perk. And if it will be good enough then maybe people won't complain as much.

11:02 Added after 6 minute

View PostThree_Rounds_Rapid, on 02 January 2020 - 01:37 PM, said:

British Crew Skills - Tea Brewing & Egg Banjos

+15% to all skills but disables your Sixth Sense :trollface:

gunslingerXXX #13 Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:02 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Personally I don't want to see more skills, as this will put me behind again compared to the paying players. Most tanks I now have 2 skills working on third. At that point you are not too far behind. If paying players get 5+ usefull skills this is another p2w mechanic. (And don't start to try and explain that because you can get it for free its not p2w :izmena:)

1ucky #14 Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:34 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89606 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostWintermute_1, on 02 January 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

This is a bit OP, everyone would pick it, I think OP crew skills just lead back to what exists now ie. no real variation. Everyone just has repairs, BIA, sixth sense..

Would you pick it over:

* repairs?

* camo?

* firefighting?

* 6th sense?

* [new upcoming gun stabilization + prolonged spotting skill]?

* [new upcoming reload/ammorack/fire-safety skill?]

Speculations aside, when deciding if something's OP or not, we have to compare it with it's competition.

Seeing only one out of the new set of skills can't be enough proof of it's usefulness compared with the rest of them.

16:41 Added after 7 minute

View PostgunslingerXXX, on 02 January 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

Personally I don't want to see more skills, as this will put me behind again compared to the paying players. Most tanks I now have 2 skills working on third. At that point you are not too far behind. If paying players get 5+ usefull skills this is another p2w mechanic. (And don't start to try and explain that because you can get it for free its not p2w :izmena:)

???

Everyone keeps their crew XP.

Balc0ra #15 Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74936 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Well depends on what direction they take it compared to the other games. If it's like WOWS, then some skills can be hidden passive skills, like camo % etc off the bat. As in the same for all regardless, and focus on other aspects.

If it's like Wot console with only the commander. Then they added crew skills to get the camo up and repair up faster. As they don't have it stacked with 5 crew members like we do. So they have added skills for green fingers to get more camo % when inside a bush, or to get 20% faster track repair.

They have some interesting skills I would like to see. Like more crew HP, less falling damage, even a skill to have a small chance to get zero pen loss over distance on all shells. Or even a boost to crew % if you are the last alive in a 1 vs 5 or more iirc.

1ucky #16 Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89606 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 02 January 2020 - 11:55 AM, said:

They said in Q&A that in new system crew will be represented by a single entity, hence commander. So yeah, no more drivers or radiomen. Even radiowomen are gone! :ohmy:

But they also said something about grouping a bunch of your commanders in something they called "unit". Idk what was meant by that and what this mechanic is supposed to serve - i haven't watched Q&A myself, only read transcript in englush and it wasn't clear at all.

(...)

I think it's likely that those crew entities might be groups of "commanders". (Commanders in the new sense: Crew members without specialization.)

The crew management system would simply remember multiple different groups of these so-called commanders per tank, instead of a single group (like it does now).

This incentivizes players to train up multiple sets of crews for different purposes (for example more camo/view or more dpm/stabilization) because switching between them would be easier than it is now.

I assume it's going to take more XP to perfect a single skill, too. That way it will be more or less impossible to create an all-purpose crew, which is just another reason to train multiple crews per tank, and use the swapping feature.

All just speculation of course but since it would mean more investment on the players part (and it fits WG's description of the upcoming changes) I think it's very probable.

Edited by 1ucky, 02 January 2020 - 06:13 PM.

Gremlin182 #17 Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:23 PM

General

• Player
  • 60342 battles

A proper medical skill this could be added in one of two ways.

As a General skill where the entire crew need to have it to 100% where it would help with crew casualties much as repair does with tank modules.

Or it could be a single skill probably on the loader as right now they don't have much in the way of skills.

Propose also an additional piece of equipment Doctors kit the med equivalent of a toolbox.
Its permanent and accelerates crew recovery rates,

Should also reduce stun duration even more than you can at the moment.

Just as tanks that are vulnerable to being tracked and losing modules reduce this with a toolbox repair kits and skills.

Tanks that are always losing crew would be able to lower the chance.

nc30_guy #18 Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:24 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26874 battles
Rng reducer skill where the gunner shouts "blimey that shot went where i aimed" when is use.

gunslingerXXX #19 Posted 02 January 2020 - 06:50 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13577 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

View Post1ucky, on 02 January 2020 - 05:34 PM, said:

???

Everyone keeps their crew XP.

Maybe I explained it not very clear, sorry let me try again.

Assume I now have a 2 skilled crew, while my opponent has a 5 skil crew. In most cases his 4th and 5th skill are not that important (i.e. useless skills) and effectively I'm only 1 useful skill behind.

After crew rework, everybody keeps their XP. When new usefull skills are added, my opponent has 5 good skills while I still have 2. Effectively I'm now 3 skills behind. 

The most important aspect in crew skills, which is a very big factor in the game, is not how much you have in absolute sense, its how much you have compared to others. 

Because of all xp bonuses and special crew, there is no need for f2p to spend money on crew because the difference with paying players is relatively small. Food for example has much bigger influence. 

The crew rework might be started with the goal to make it easier, but depending on the way it's implemented it can become a serious P2W factor in the game.

17:51 Added after 1 minute

View Postnc30_guy, on 02 January 2020 - 06:24 PM, said:

Rng reducer skill where the gunner shouts "blimey that shot went where i aimed" when is use.

It's pronounced "Rashaaaaaa"

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 02 January 2020 - 07:02 PM.

ChristOfTheAbyss #20 Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 251 battles
Ignore arty hits 100%

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users