Anyone Else Not Buy Any Loot Boxes?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 02 January 2020 - 12:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31752 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

Was no agenda or "anti-gambling" reasons, I just didn't see anything I wanted tbh. I'm happy with the tanks I have, didn't see anything on offer I'd want or envisage I'd enjoy playing. Already have the SU, wouldn't mind the Progetto I suppose but can just buy that whenever it's being sold as normal so I didn't see that as a reason to bother. Bought some gold to transfer crew but just bought gold directly instead of risking a much less gold potential with the loot boxes. A lot of the other stuff in there wasn't really anything I would like.

The Christmas lv10 atmosphere was quickly achieved on 2 accounts including bagging all the female crew plus a free Santa commander. Bagged a few days premium time with missions, got a bonus day for free so there was time enough for me to credit grind.  I found the xp distribution having to be split between classes to be really stupid, found having to allocate the Christmas OPs vehicle designation to just 1 tank per tier to be stupid but not a big deal plus I found not being able to allocate a premium vehicle to be pretty dumb so I wasn't enticed to buy the loot boxes for their premium time rewards.

This years Christmas camo's can be unlocked next year same as camo's from previous years so I didn't really see any urgency to have to buy loot boxes to unlock those camo's, already have plenty of camo's anyway plus I didn't care about the 3D skins for tanks either really.

Ya overall I guess I just didn't find what was on offer worth bothering with and if I wanted gold I bought gold directly. I'm guessing I'm pretty rare to be a player who didn't bother though right? Seems like most everyone bought some loot boxes.

jack_timber #2 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:09 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42113 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I didn't bother either, never do - short arms deep pockets.

BQBD #3 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 16116 battles

Bought them not for premium tanks, but for best value for money. Got around 60k gold which is what I was really after :)

All the 3D styles, credits and premium tanks were a bonus, got 30+ premium days as well.

Now I am set for the whole year.

I respect other people opinions and choices. If you did not find anything interesting in the boxes that is fine, but my line of thinking is this -> If you will spend money on the game, this is the time where you will get the best value for it.

Babbet_1 #4 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14639 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Never have, never will! Got enough tanks I make a complete Arris of myself in already, without buying lottery tickets to win some more! But then again, I am a miserable ole git! :sceptic:

Balc0ra #5 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:41 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74866 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Did not buy for myself, but got 11 gifted as an Xmas gift from a mate. Did get lvl 10 long before it. But getting my collection of choice without it would still be possible I bet. Tho I suspect I would have cut it close as I've not played much the past few days.

Negativvv #6 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 14839 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

I bought this year.

Got enough gold to last me the rest of the year and maybe beyond.

The two new tanks are MEH however.

E75TS is just a bad E50 at T8, better turret armour but rubbish gun in comparison to either the 10.5cm or the infamous long 8.8 (altho both do need some gold).

Double Barrel Rashan is just another high alpha brawler. The T30 which I unlocked via Holiday Ops is much the same sort of vehicle.

Actually I unlocked the T30, Leo PTA, Centy 7/1 and the T9 USA Arty (I know, I'm a terrible person). Also bought the T27 and Lansen C via Advent Calander gold. So it's been fairly profitable all in all.

My grinds are essentially finished now so it's just earning credits and 3 marking for me.

wremise #7 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52920 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

Shame on me, I have bought some! I bought them mainly for the Gold, Premtime (and the Carpet Skin). Currently I have manged to get the Carpet and Sakura skin. But I dont have any Anti-Duplo Kits left so that was it for me this year.

In this year the ammount of Tier V deco's are also just scam. So I dont think I will buy any more Packets just to complete the Album. Fawk you WG.

Edited by wremise, 02 January 2020 - 01:56 PM.

kaneloon #8 Posted 02 January 2020 - 01:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31555 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

View PostBQBD, on 02 January 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

Bought them not for premium tanks, but for best value for money.

Not really sure everyone got more than he would have had versus 30% coupons on everything or by buying tanks you already have.

Tankistu #9 Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31592 battles
  • [ISRA] ISRA

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 January 2020 - 11:58 AM, said:

Was no agenda or "anti-gambling" reasons, I just didn't see anything I wanted tbh. I'm happy with the tanks I have, didn't see anything on offer I'd want or envisage I'd enjoy playing. Already have the SU, wouldn't mind the Progetto I suppose but can just buy that whenever it's being sold as normal so I didn't see that as a reason to bother. Bought some gold to transfer crew but just bought gold directly instead of risking a much less gold potential with the loot boxes. A lot of the other stuff in there wasn't really anything I would like.

The Christmas lv10 atmosphere was quickly achieved on 2 accounts including bagging all the female crew plus a free Santa commander. Bagged a few days premium time with missions, got a bonus day for free so there was time enough for me to credit grind.  I found the xp distribution having to be split between classes to be really stupid, found having to allocate the Christmas OPs vehicle designation to just 1 tank per tier to be stupid but not a big deal plus I found not being able to allocate a premium vehicle to be pretty dumb so I wasn't enticed to buy the loot boxes for their premium time rewards.

This years Christmas camo's can be unlocked next year same as camo's from previous years so I didn't really see any urgency to have to buy loot boxes to unlock those camo's, already have plenty of camo's anyway plus I didn't care about the 3D skins for tanks either really.

Ya overall I guess I just didn't find what was on offer worth bothering with and if I wanted gold I bought gold directly. I'm guessing I'm pretty rare to be a player who didn't bother though right? Seems like most everyone bought some loot boxes.

You shouldn't have posted this. I underlined what WG will take from your feedback and most likely try to address next time in order to make more $.

p.s. I didn't buy any loot boxes either.

splash_time #10 Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14323 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

I haven't buy any, and didn't receive any gifts either.

But I'm okay with that, I already got good prem tanks from different marathons that I like, and collected a good amount of gold out of FL.

Btw, happynew year everyone. :)

the_nebuchadnezzar #11 Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55730 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
Boxes are great, but it's everyone choice to buy them or not. I work hard for my money and buying them it's my gift for Christmas. Also, for some may sound stupid, but buying stuff from WG it's something we all need to do. After all, they work hard to provide us with the chance of playing a great game. 

Hammerhead20 #12 Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 30324 battles

I've never ever bought those silly boxes.

I don't need gold, Premium tanks or Premium account on top of that...

And I'm not asking to give me "that" or "that"...

All this "buy boxes" thing is just overhyped because Wargaming adding some stupid and broken Premium tank...

And after that majority of players just lose their heads and throw tons of money to this company...

Yes, I know, it's not my money so I should not care what others are doing with their cash... but still... 

Shacou #13 Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23448 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Havent bought any, since I don't play this game actively as I used to. Still reached festive lvl 9 and will reach 10 soon.

Steve8066 #14 Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 19720 battles
never bought any, simple reason - WG arent a company deserving of my money with the current state of the game.

MeNoobTank #15 Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:38 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17575 battles
  • [GT_WC] GT_WC
This year I didn't bought any box. it is the first year when I do not buy them but I feelt like there is no reason for doing that. I already have the prem tanks I need and enjoy. Lvl 10 was not hard to achieve without the gambling boxes.

TungstenHitman #16 Posted 02 January 2020 - 04:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31752 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostTankistu, on 02 January 2020 - 02:01 PM, said:

You shouldn't have posted this. I underlined what WG will take from your feedback and most likely try to address next time in order to make more $.

p.s. I didn't buy any loot boxes either.

If they changed that it still wouldn't have made much difference so far as I would be concerned though. Thing is, if a player bought loot boxes and got their premium time they/I would have and would still currently grinding a HELL of a lot of credits so it's not a case of me "getting more than enough" sort of a thing, credits go really fast in this game at times so it's probably more a case of my frugal playstyle. 

I also suspect that the vast majority of purchasers did so to get the DB tank and possibly some of the other tanks and skins, not so much for premium time, credits or to unlock one of the current camo's. No doubt some did, but I would guess it was mostly for the LB exclusive tanks and skins... plus to top up with some premium time and gold too since they were going to purchase both of those anyway. For me, I just purchased some gold instead which I would probably not have got as much as with the loot boxes, but lots of other stuff I didn't care about so for me I was just happy to buy some gold for crew transfers and possibly a premium tanks-4-gold option in the Christmas calendar thingy instead. As it turns out, I didn't buy a tank.

My intention was to treat myself to a few loot boxes "just for fun" the Friday I was finishing work and no sooner since the premium time would have been just wasted but before that Friday it became massively clear that the standard of gameplay had suddenly fallen away to mud so by the time the Friday came my interested levels had totally evaporated along with the standard of gameplay. 

So I guess the bottom line was there was many inputs which eventually stopped me from purchasing these loot boxes that were either there to begin with such as my lack of interest in the featured tanks, the skins, the xp distributions plus the fact I was happier to purchase a little bit of gold instead of the most likely lessor quantity of gold I would get from those loot boxes for the same money albeit with lots of other bloatware.

Definitely a case of each to their own, was valid reason for and against, depends what a players wants and needs are/were but for me, this years format offering and the way gameplay has gone to mud along with the fact I really only wanted some gold was the main reasons I didn't bother, so it's not a case of if WG made changes to make achieving lv 10 more difficult or anything else like that would have made me purchase them it wouldn't be true and would make no difference at least for me anyway.

WG can't make bad players good etc, bad is bad, noob is noob, we all have to start somewhere but for sure the way they chucked out massive amounts of blueprints they made noobs get top tier tanks immediately which obviously IS WG's fault and so top tier battles are currently flooded with clueless new headless chickens clucking about and it's terrible to play so they are responsible for that 100% since they were the ones who made that possible, so for now, it's fine as free to play but if I had spend hundreds of euro's/pounds for this trashy garbage current gaming experience I would be really pizzed tbh. 

piratha #17 Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:15 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13071 battles
  • [2-KP] 2-KP

View PostTungstenHitman, on 02 January 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

Was no agenda or "anti-gambling" reasons, I just didn't see anything I wanted tbh. I'm happy with the tanks I have, didn't see anything on offer I'd want or envisage I'd enjoy playing.

..cut..

You are not alone, I felt exactly the same: I'm happy with what I had, the time I got to play and what was freely available ;)

16:22 Added after 7 minute

View Postjack_timber, on 02 January 2020 - 01:09 PM, said:

I didn't bother either, never do - short arms deep pockets.

We call them "Tyrannosaurus rex": big boys, short arms :teethhappy:

Rainbowkiss83 #18 Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:29 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25063 battles
  • [_HATE] _HATE

Maybe next year

piratha #19 Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13071 battles
  • [2-KP] 2-KP

View Postkaneloon, on 02 January 2020 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostBQBD, on 02 January 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

Bought them not for premium tanks, but for best value for money.

Not really sure everyone got more than he would have had versus 30% coupons on everything or by buying tanks you already have.

This, it gets me every time. Once you get 30% discounted Gold in the account (buying a tank you already have with a 30% coupon), you can easily buy "something" during Discount Sales (again 30%/50% less in game in Gold) and Presto you have a flat out way bigger discount on the value for Gold of the items.

Lootboxes work if you already have "a lot" in the garage of the same items from the Boxes, then you hit a duplicate and there you have "extra gold" - but, I can't invest single handed that much all at once.. let alone that for me credits have no sale value :coin:

apaleytos #20 Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17071 battles

i bought only 3 as a lottery ticket(wouldn't mind a progetto,SU for gold) but havent spent even a cent since i bought the EBR F1 for 10eur (discountathon).

WG doesn't need my 10eur per month as prem time and i can sub to another MMO.Big spenders buy tons of boxes etc so we can play for free :trollface:.Ty guys,happy new year :)

Edited by apaleytos, 02 January 2020 - 05:55 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users