Intuition perk - Does it really work 34% of the time?

Crew Perk Intuition

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Ratriq #1 Posted 02 January 2020 - 11:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Just swapped this for my camo skill for both of my loaders in the KV-2 for 400 gold cause I did some research on it and it could be helpful in some situations.

So I tested it out in a training room and when 2 loaders, if I get this right, have the perk, it should swap the ammo type 34% of the time without reloading/breaking the reloading cycle.
Thought it felt more like it only worked 10-15% of the time, I swapped the ammo multiple times and it most of the time kicked in after the fifth try or something. Am I really this unlucky when I tested it out or I have I gotten the chances wrong?

UrQuan #2 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22217 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

It is a rather bad perk imo, even if two loaders have it. Main issue (as you noted) is that it will  randomly kick in when you need it (34% chance is still only 1 on 3 chance, not exactly reliable).

Do note that it can only work once in a reload cycle (so if you switch ammo & it kicks in & you swap ammo again during the reload, it will always reset the reload -> mainly important for long reload tanks) <- This can explain the rather low chance you experienced if you tried switching ammo multiple times during a single reload.

In short; not really worth training it. All the other Loader perks/skills are more useful then that imo, even the Adrenaline rush one.

vonadnan #3 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:09 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30353 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
Yeah its almost useless, take anything before that, adrenalin rush, camo on heavy, whatever.. Tried it zilion years a go on fast shooting low tier, and it is so inconsistent..

Ratriq #4 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostUrQuan, on 02 January 2020 - 11:07 PM, said:

It is a rather bad perk imo, even if two loaders have it. Main issue (as you noted) is that it will  randomly kick in when you need it (34% chance is still only 1 on 3 chance, not exactly reliable).

Do note that it can only work once in a reload cycle (so if you switch ammo & it kicks in & you swap ammo again during the reload, it will always reset the reload -> mainly important for long reload tanks) <- This can explain the rather low chance you experienced if you tried switching ammo multiple times during a single reload.

In short; not really worth training it. All the other Loader perks/skills are more useful then that imo, even the Adrenaline rush one.

Yeah as I thought then, hopefully, it will be good sometimes though since I'm still trying to learn when to use AP in the kv-2 and this might make it less punishing to swap ammo at least and my loaders already almost 5 skills so it was honestly this skill or camo.

Feels like the perk really could use a buff, as one loader would equal to maybe 40% chance and two loaders 80% chance or maybe even 100% chance. I can't see anything game-breaking really with being able to change ammo on the fly, the sixth sense is way more "game-breaking" but it's still a balanced and good perk.

Edited by Ratriq, 03 January 2020 - 12:12 AM.

Homer_J #5 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:30 AM

Field Marshal

• 33127 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRatriq, on 02 January 2020 - 10:54 PM, said:

I swapped the ammo multiple times and it most of the time kicked in after the fifth try or something. Am I really this unlucky when I tested it out or I have I gotten the chances wrong?

One of the stats experts will be along soon but they will want to know exactly how many times you tried and how many times it kicked in.

I'm no stats expert but I would guess you need hundreds of tries to have anything statistically relevant.

Ratriq #6 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 02 January 2020 - 11:30 PM, said:

One of the stats experts will be along soon but they will want to know exactly how many times you tried and how many times it kicked in.

I'm no stats expert but I would guess you need hundreds of tries to have anything statistically relevant.

Yeah it's more me wondering if I have actually gotten the percentage chance of it working wrong, cause it certainly didn't feel like it worked a third of the time.

azakow #7 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:51 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 84567 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2020 - 12:30 AM, said:

Not 110+ times.

When switching ammo types is your everday business than you will be pleased everytime Intuition triggers.

Putting it on the crew and expecting a difference sounds like me 3 years ago.

But my Loaders have already trained BIA, camo, Repair, SS and FF, so Intuition is the way to go.

I have 2x Loaders trained for Intuition on GER and RUS TD crews.

It triggers surprisingly often.

Ratriq #8 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:58 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postazakow, on 02 January 2020 - 11:51 PM, said:

Not 110+ times.

When switching ammo types is your everday business than you will be pleased everytime Intuition triggers.

Putting it on the crew and expecting a difference sounds like me 3 years ago.

But my Loaders have already trained BIA, camo, Repair, SS and FF, so Intuition is the way to go.

I have 2x Loaders trained for Intuition on GER and RUS TD crews.

It triggers surprisingly often.

Huh, must just be me being unlucky then, I'll see how it works while actually in a match

Spurtung #9 Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76209 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

The funny thing is that they come up with stuff like this but then give really poor tools to change the status quo.

That skill is a joke, and definitely the kind I pick when there's nothing else to pick. Unreliable, and a perk of all things, makes it just pure trash.

Since we're discussing this, what is the logic behind having to load only one sort of shells into autoreloading tanks? We should be able to mix it, it's not like it needs to load a whole drum at once, and the shorter in-between reload times should allow for much more flexibility in the sort of ammo being loaded.

Edited by Spurtung, 03 January 2020 - 01:09 AM.

Also tagged with Crew Perk, Intuition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users