Training Skill Improving

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Ratriq #1 Posted 03 January 2020 - 07:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
So now when I've just discovered how important know when to fire AP instead of HE actually is in a KV-2 I have to learn it by testing it out every battle. It got me thinking, how come WoT doesn't have a private training room like in War Thunder?

I don't talk about one such as the team training. One where we can choose whichever map we want and chose enemy types and which enemies we want on the map, the enemies won't actually move and you can to example chose to spawn in 5 "frozen" enemies which will spawn in all over the map, with a marked location.
This would allow players to 1. test out maps and get familiar with map locations and such. 2. Try different types of ammo on different kinds of enemies and learn weak spots and also learn how reliable hitting which weak spots are, with different kinds of tanks.

Right now you have to learn all this in-game which can be annoying since trying out the wrong things at the wrong time can cost you your battle, so a lot of people play safe rather than experiment and try to improve.

TomatoShooter #2 Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:20 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1136 battles
They have a training room option but it requires a second random player to start it up since you can't play it solo.

Ratriq #3 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:09 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTomatoShooter, on 03 January 2020 - 08:20 AM, said:

They have a training room option but it requires a second random player to start it up since you can't play it solo.

Yeah, and if you want to practice shooting weak spots and such the other player have to own that specific tank. Which is why I said it something other than the current team training we've got right now.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75417 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRatriq, on 03 January 2020 - 07:09 AM, said:

So now when I've just discovered how important know when to fire AP instead of HE actually is in a KV-2 I have to learn it by testing it out every battle. It got me thinking, how come WoT doesn't have a private training room like in War Thunder?

In the past the common WG explanation have been towards sever capacity. It's why the old solo tutorials were limited to 1K players etc. WOT console has it, where you can pick any map and drive around in any tank and test spotting and your gun vs idle or patroling targets spread across the map solo. But they don't have the same numbers as us either. And they also have story modes for solo rooms.

But that was back then. Now we know WG have been playing around with a PVE mode and tested it with Homefront with no player or room limit. So who knows what they will do with it later etc.

Ratriq #5 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:39 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 January 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

In the past the common WG explanation have been towards sever capacity. It's why the old solo tutorials were limited to 1K players etc. WOT console has it, where you can pick any map and drive around in any tank and test spotting and your gun vs idle or patroling targets spread across the map solo. But they don't have the same numbers as us either. And they also have story modes for solo rooms.

But that was back then. Now we know WG have been playing around with a PVE mode and tested it with Homefront with no player or room limit. So who knows what they will do with it later etc.

I can't see why they would in worst case need to have servers for a solo lobby, things like that, in theory, it should be able to be played offline. Otherwise, why at least not make it paid by either credits, only premium account users or just that all users have a limited "training" use per week or something. It just feels like a shame that there is absolutely no way improving without actually testing stuff in a battle.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:46 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75417 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRatriq, on 03 January 2020 - 11:39 AM, said:

I can't see why they would in worst case need to have servers for a solo lobby, things like that, in theory, it should be able to be played offline. Otherwise, why at least not make it paid by either credits, only premium account users or just that all users have a limited "training" use per week or something. It just feels like a shame that there is absolutely no way improving without actually testing stuff in a battle.

Well WT has the option too as you said, as they have the capacity for it. Again not having the same huge numbers. And they also have a shared login and lobby server for all players. Not split by regions like WOT has.

But having say 5000 players make a solo rooms to test tanks, you have as many instances going on as random could have made for 150 000 players playing 15 vs 15 randoms matches. So you see the issue they had before. And you know how the EU server gets when one goes past 100K during Xmas.

Ratriq #7 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBalc0ra, on 03 January 2020 - 10:46 AM, said:

Well WT has the option too as you said, as they have the capacity for it. Again not having the same huge numbers. And they also have a shared login and lobby server for all players. Not split by regions like WOT has.

But having say 5000 players make a solo rooms to test tanks, you have as many instances going on as random could have made for 150 000 players playing 15 vs 15 randoms matches. So you see the issue they had before. And you know how the EU server gets when one goes past 100K during Xmas.

I suppose that's true but a big company such as WG should be able to afford to improve their server capacity then or just simply implement an offline mode which makes it so servers aren't even needed.

Homer_J #8 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:42 PM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRatriq, on 03 January 2020 - 10:50 AM, said:

I suppose that's true but a big company such as WG should be able to afford to improve their server capacity then or just simply implement an offline mode which makes it so servers aren't even needed.

Offline mode means distributing server code to clients which is firstly a security issue, secondly a download overhead.

I am sure they could provide the server capacity today but in the early days the company had very little spare money and I guess it's just something they never thought was needed.

Ratriq #9 Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2020 - 11:42 AM, said:

Offline mode means distributing server code to clients which is firstly a security issue, secondly a download overhead.

I am sure they could provide the server capacity today but in the early days the company had very little spare money and I guess it's just something they never thought was needed.

Well since this game has a declining player base and on top of that it's really hard for it to draw in new players I believe it would be good to add in all kinds of features that help players improve and learn the game in an easier way.
I'm not joking when I say this, all my friends who I have tried getting into this game who either loves tanks, war thunder or ww2 history never made it past tier 1 or tier 2.

TheDrownedApe #10 Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:47 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51190 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
it is about time for a single player option in training rooms. But WG is WG so they will never do it as it brings in no mula

wEight_Tanker #11 Posted 03 January 2020 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12030 battles
  • [D_L_Z] D_L_Z
Why have an Offline room? They can add server-side rooms limited to a certain number, say 5.000 or something, I'm not familiar with their system. And even limit the amount a player can spend time in it. 15 minutes, or so.

geoff99 #12 Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:58 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44576 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Joining or setting up a training room currently can be very time-consuming. Would be much better if you could enter individual rooms to learn different maps. Also would be great if you could pick particular tanks to play against to practice tracking/weakspots.

Ratriq #13 Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:24 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostwEight_Tanker, on 03 January 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Why have an Offline room? They can add server-side rooms limited to a certain number, say 5.000 or something, I'm not familiar with their system. And even limit the amount a player can spend time in it. 15 minutes, or so.

True but a big game such as WoT shouldn't need some limit for how much you are allowed to train and improve in the game. I don't think it would hurt a big company such as WG to spend some money on additional servers for having training servers for people.
Currently, all "training" rooms are for just meme/fun rooms where people drive around having fun and play games, while I like these things and think they add a bit fun to the community, it's certainly not a "training" room.

wEight_Tanker #14 Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12030 battles
  • [D_L_Z] D_L_Z

View PostRatriq, on 03 January 2020 - 08:24 PM, said:

True but a big game such as WoT shouldn't need some limit for how much you are allowed to train and improve in the game. I don't think it would hurt a big company such as WG to spend some money on additional servers for having training servers for people.
Currently, all "training" rooms are for just meme/fun rooms where people drive around having fun and play games, while I like these things and think they add a bit fun to the community, it's certainly not a "training" room.

I wouldn't make the purpose training, but rather just mess around in a vehicle and shoot other vehicles. Sometimes, I really just wanna chill out in my favorite medium tank, drive around alone and enjoy the landscapes. Getting into a team training fun room ain't that easy as much as getting people into yours.

The purpose solely fits the test drive in WT. Get a quick glimpse on the tank freely, the shell velocity, armor penetration on various heavily armored vehicles, the ground handling, etc.

TomatoShooter #15 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:25 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 1136 battles

View PostRatriq, on 03 January 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

I'm not joking when I say this, all my friends who I have tried getting into this game who either loves tanks, war thunder or ww2 history never made it past tier 1 or tier 2.

So they never played more than 5-10 battles? Because that is all you need to get past tier 2...

Ratriq #16 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTomatoShooter, on 03 January 2020 - 09:25 PM, said:

So they never played more than 5-10 battles? Because that is all you need to get past tier 2...

Yes, which is one of the problems I can see with this game for beginners. Low tiers, especially t1 is awful and no fun at all just filled with 3-5 minute long battles with machine gun tanks that kill tanks after 3 seconds of shooting or and all that. It's even worse since you can't aim for weak spots since to t1 tank can aim that good so if you can't pen a tank frontally you're screwed.

It's an unbalanced mess of a tier.

Pansenmann #17 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 36976 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Whenever I want to make a training room for myself I fire up my laptop

and start wot there with one of my alt accounts. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users