Start the Year With x4 XP on First Victories

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:00 AM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Start the year on the right feet with a nice first victory bonus!

The full text of the news item

dtdp #2 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 33428 battles
nice for the grinders, for the rest of us it is that extra free exp that make it good :)

Re3D #3 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:20 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11596 battles
  • [RARMY] RARMY
Black Market when?

kaneloon #4 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31547 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

View PostRe3D, on 03 January 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

Black Market when?

I wonder why everyone seems to think it will come soon ?

kmeta #5 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:23 AM

Private

• Player
  • 84807 battles
 .....what is happening ???  https://tankrewards.eu/

Edited by kmeta, 03 January 2020 - 10:26 AM.

Vilius112 #6 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:26 AM

Private

• Player
  • 24168 battles
  • [STLT] STLT

View Postkaneloon, on 03 January 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

Because in their chirstmas video there was a black market guy

O_o_HugO #7 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41821 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Well it is extra 2 times base exp for the first victory....almost like x5 for the first victory...that seems nice

But wait....usually these multipliers killing the gameplay.....

Together with any bonus you should always put a condition like 'only for top 10'...otherwise it will be more lemmings than tanks #WG

Looking forward to better WoT

.....what about credit rewards for battle geroy medals? permanently..10k each...may be 1M for epic ones...

09:29 Added after 1 minute

View Postkmeta, on 03 January 2020 - 10:23 AM, said:

Panther M/10 for free if you fulfill everything...

09:31 Added after 2 minute

View PostVilius112, on 03 January 2020 - 10:26 AM, said:

It is the best time...now most of the players spent credits for consumables ;)

And they need to empty our pockets full of gold :*

Stay tuned

TungstenHitman #8 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31726 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View Postkaneloon, on 03 January 2020 - 09:23 AM, said:

I also wonder why so many players seem to think the black market is going to be some sort of holy grail of tanks. It will most likely have nothing special and for a bad deal in which players will just moan and rant about both 

If players feel that in all the thousands of tanks currently available to them right now is not good enough, not interesting enough or not fun enough for them then no other tank will be either. There is no "wonder tank" that is going to be that much different from something that's currently available for them to buy or grind right now. 

Flacktyle #9 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1858 battles
  • [9W3] 9W3

someone know anything about the new double barrelled tanks? Any date? PLS

parim1331 #10 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:23 AM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7758 battles

View Postdtdp, on 03 January 2020 - 10:08 AM, said:

nice for the grinders, for the rest of us it is that extra free exp that make it good :)

At the end of the day, everyone can use a little bit of extra XP, some for crew training, some for tank grinding.  :)

View PostRe3D, on 03 January 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

Black Market when?

As seen below, seems like the thugs are on the run again, I hope that they won't come up with something in 2020. :bush:

View Postkmeta, on 03 January 2020 - 10:23 AM, said:

Looks good to me.

View PostVilius112, on 03 January 2020 - 10:26 AM, said:

Damn, did they get away again? It was such a mess last time that they stole the vehicles from our werehouses....

View PostFlacktyle, on 03 January 2020 - 11:01 AM, said:

someone know anything about the new double barrelled tanks? Any date? PLS

Would be a lie if I were to say that we don't know anything, however unfortunately, we cannot share any dates before the official information goes live on our portal, thus stay tuned. 

BSHDBCG #11 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:57 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6212 battles
Well a simple straight up weekend, nice.

O_o_HugO #12 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:58 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41821 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostTungstenHitman, on 03 January 2020 - 10:38 AM, said:

I also wonder why so many players seem to think the black market is going to be some sort of holy grail of tanks. It will most likely have nothing special and for a bad deal in which players will just moan and rant about both 

If players feel that in all the thousands of tanks currently available to them right now is not good enough, not interesting enough or not fun enough for them then no other tank will be either. There is no "wonder tank" that is going to be that much different from something that's currently available for them to buy or grind right now. 

279e is kind of wonder wall
Wufflentunken E100 is also bit fun

Anyway I've spent way too many millions of credits last time just on 2 tanks....which I would rather, in retrospective, spent on normal tanks ...I rather spent those to buy few new tier Xs now.

Black market T34B and Foch...both sucks in today battles where wheelchairs etc...

My bad

TheArk_2014 #13 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:04 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 68578 battles
  • [_ARK_] _ARK_

Block Quote

That's one hell of a way to start the year, so remember to use your entire collection to make the most of it.

Use my entire collection?

How many weeks this event will lasts? ... because I need at least 6 weeks to use every tank I own.

:P

O_o_HugO #14 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41821 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

..like buffs and nerfs.....more nerfs....and nerfs of already multiply nerfed ...

I think I'll enjoy next Christmas...becuse they will finish gold ammo nerf and tripple barrelled tricycles ;)

And most of all I'll enjoy a drop in stats of those spamming gold ammo :D

:trollface:

Homer_J #15 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:05 PM

Field Marshal

• 33120 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostRe3D, on 03 January 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

Black Market when?

Asking that shows you don't understand the concept.  It's supposed to be some rogue element taking over and out of Wargaming's control, so how would they know when it is happening?

Ch1valry #16 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:10 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 41042 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ

"That's one hell of a way to start the year (...)"

The special here must be that swearing on the forums will be allowed this weekend.

Edited by Ch1valry, 03 January 2020 - 12:14 PM.

Homer_J #17 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:22 PM

Field Marshal

• 33120 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostCh1valry, on 03 January 2020 - 11:10 AM, said:

"That's one hell of a way to start the year (...)"

The special here must be that swearing on the forums will be allowed this weekend.

It doesn't appear in my Ofcom dictionary of offensive words.  And that lists Jock as "mild language generally of little concern", so we can assume it falls below that level.

TungstenHitman #18 Posted 03 January 2020 - 12:32 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 31726 battles
  • [B_M_G] B_M_G

View PostO_o_HugO, on 03 January 2020 - 10:58 AM, said:

279e is kind of wonder wall
Wufflentunken E100 is also bit fun

Anyway I've spent way too many millions of credits last time just on 2 tanks....which I would rather, in retrospective, spent on normal tanks ...I rather spent those to buy few new tier Xs now.

Black market T34B and Foch...both sucks in today battles where wheelchairs etc...

My bad

279e is a reward tank, clearly broken and needs a nerf. The only reason it hasn't been nerfed yet is because there simply isn't enough of them in circulation but their population is growing and with it the toxicity of battles where one team has one of these tanks, or a few of them tooning and the other team has none, pure toxic.

Waf E100? Look if all that players are waiting on is the chance to grab OP or broken tanks that ruin gameplay and they would ultimately rant about needing to be nerfed, then no, hopefully nothing like the that will be ever featured in future BM options.

Ya I actually picked up the T34B from the BM myself, was too slow and dpm was a joke so I traded it for an STG which isn't exactly a wonder tank but at least it had a few less holes in its game and few more workable attributes. I also picked up that German OP T5 med, the Panzer 3/4 or 4/3 I forget the name of it... with the pref MM, OP armor and shhhhh pew pew 2 key gun. Played it for a while, meh.... again, it just proves my point that there are more than enough tank options currently available right now this second for players to enjoy and they'd only be disappointing or quickly get fed up with any perceived "great tank" they THINK is going to feature in a BM. 

WV put a lot of slow and bad gun handling tanks to the sword, this is WG's idea. Some say "adapt" who in turn crib about other tanks which an "adapt" ethos could be applied to too, but this is double standards and hypocrisy more to suit a style of tank they like to play and remove styles of tanks they don't like to play. 

O_o_HugO #19 Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41821 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostHomer_J, on 03 January 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

Asking that shows you don't understand the concept.  It's supposed to be some rogue element taking over and out of Wargaming's control, so how would they know when it is happening?

Sure it is totally ok to change DB and add and 279e in my garage during black market period...not that it wouldn't be possible all year long..

12:17 Added after 7 minute

View PostTungstenHitman, on 03 January 2020 - 12:32 PM, said:

279e is a reward tank, clearly broken and needs a nerf. The only reason it hasn't been nerfed yet is because there simply isn't enough of them in circulation but their population is growing and with it the toxicity of battles where one team has one of these tanks, or a few of them tooning and the other team has none, pure toxic.

Waf E100? Look if all that players are waiting on is the chance to grab OP or broken tanks that ruin gameplay and they would ultimately rant about needing to be nerfed, then no, hopefully nothing like the that will be ever featured in future BM options.

Ya I actually picked up the T34B from the BM myself, was too slow and dpm was a joke so I traded it for an STG which isn't exactly a wonder tank but at least it had a few less holes in its game and few more workable attributes. I also picked up that German OP T5 med, the Panzer 3/4 or 4/3 I forget the name of it... with the pref MM, OP armor and shhhhh pew pew 2 key gun. Played it for a while, meh.... again, it just proves my point that there are more than enough tank options currently available right now this second for players to enjoy and they'd only be disappointing or quickly get fed up with any perceived "great tank" they THINK is going to feature in a BM. 

WV put a lot of slow and bad gun handling tanks to the sword, this is WG's idea. Some say "adapt" who in turn crib about other tanks which an "adapt" ethos could be applied to too, but this is double standards and hypocrisy more to suit a style of tank they like to play and remove styles of tanks they don't like to play. 

Agreed.

I'll probably trade T34B as well...good idea, thanks.

From my point of view it is anyway near to impossible to get 279e in not rigged game......a 279e would be perfect to complete blocked damage mission to get the 279e :D

LethalWalou #20 Posted 03 January 2020 - 01:23 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33334 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostTungstenHitman, on 03 January 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

WV put a lot of slow and bad gun handling tanks to the sword, this is WG's idea. Some say "adapt" who in turn crib about other tanks which an "adapt" ethos could be applied to too, but this is double standards and hypocrisy more to suit a style of tank they like to play and remove styles of tanks they don't like to play

Care to give examples of this rather than just empty accusations to nonexistent players of this kind. WVs winrate curves showed that players had to adapt. They started off as OP but dropped to balanced levels after a while, and have stayed there. Now they are dropping like flies in battles when a good amount of players have adapted. Also I don't like to play armored tanks yet I still confidently claim that you have to adapt to them in the game. You have multiple ways to deal with them or help others dealing with them. Honestly, I haven't seen any of the people who argue in defence of the WVs to be hypocrites about other classes/ types of tanks. I'd like to get those examples of such people if it's not too much to ask...? Or for you to admit that what you said wasn't true.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users