• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

NekoPuffer_PPP #1 Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35376 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

It's super frustrating now...

Having to win, and being on a losing streak, is the most frustrating part of this game...

Why was there a need to put a win requirement on these missions? A simple top-10-by-xp would've been perfect!

Winning in a team-based game with random players is a lottery, not a goal achievable by one player alone... It puts too much pressure on the individual and makes the game a grind, not an entertaining pastime.

Note, the last person who told me to "get gud" in one of the battles just now, got shot by having spotted teammates park behind him (nothing to do with me), and the whole team got steamrolled... You know what they say about karma... He later agreed the teams tonight were terrible.

Thoughts on the win requirement?...I'm suffering...it's terrible...my day is ruined...

divsmo #2 Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38329 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
So long as you can get at least a few done, mainly the 8/9/10 i wouldn't worry about the rest, but yeah i agree the top 10 should be enough to keep the bots away so not sure why they've added the win requirement.

PointZero #3 Posted 03 January 2020 - 08:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47307 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 03 January 2020 - 10:49 PM, said:

Thoughts on the win requirement?...I'm suffering...it's terrible...my day is ruined...

Event runs for 23 days, you need 3000 points to reach level VI so you'll need roughly 130 points per day. You get 100 points from simply playing once and you'll need to win 2-3 battles per day depending on the tier you play to keep up with the pace. Not too bad of a requirement in my opinion.

Spurtung #4 Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:26 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76145 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

So...a mere daily battle makes 2300 points in the end, out of 3000.

How hard is it to collect the other 700 on wins?

ThorgrimBrenadim #5 Posted 03 January 2020 - 10:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35556 battles

Again stop supporting a feature that makes no sense. Well for wargamming it does but it is not COMMONSENSE it is just utter and total stupidity from wargamming YET AGAIN !

There is no logical reason to have win as a condition especially with the pathetic RNG and the pathetic MM this game has.

I have managed the win and finish on top two times each week but it is so frustrating with the crapfest that is randoms especially over xmas.

The most enjoyable mission marathon they did imo was the damage/kills for each nation ( think it was something like 150 kills and 150k damage ) This was down to each players ability you had to work hard but you got rewarded for that work no matter how bad a random team is.

1ucky #6 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89433 battles

I get what you're saying, but if you think a bit past the temporary frustration:

Wouldn't you be wanting/trying to win some battles anyway??

(Apart from any kind of missions.)

And also be fair, what kind of challenge would it be if they said "Lose one battle in every Tier." It would make no sense. A challenge should be about accomplishing some goal, not the exact opposite of that.

And even then, if the challenge were to lose 10 battles per day, you could imagine people complaining about that just as well:

"Ffs, every frickin' battle I'm trying to drown as fast as I can, but all those darn premium players with their 100% crews always get to the lake faster than me... Now I've won seven in a row and I can't see how a regular player can get this mission done without spending 3h a day for this joke of a tank, not even a real Panther, yadda yadda yadda..."

Streaks happen.

Better luck from now on mate. :)

ThorgrimBrenadim #7 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:21 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35556 battles

View Post1ucky, on 03 January 2020 - 11:10 PM, said:

I get what you're saying, but if you think a bit past the temporary frustration:

Wouldn't you be wanting/trying to win some battles anyway??

(Apart from any kind of missions.)

And also be fair, what kind of challenge would it be if they said "Lose one battle in every Tier." It would make no sense. A challenge should be about accomplishing some goal, not the exact opposite of that.

And even then, if the challenge were to lose 10 battles per day, you could imagine people complaining about that just as well:

"Ffs, every frickin' battle I'm trying to drown as fast as I can, but all those darn premium players with their 100% crews always get to the lake faster than me... Now I've won seven in a row and I can't see how a regular player can get this mission done without spending 3h a day for this joke of a tank, not even a real Panther, yadda yadda yadda..."

Streaks happen.

Better luck from now on mate. :)

NOBODY mentioned loose one battle etc etc and yes you try and win, well if you want to complete it quicker because the more damage the more kills the more chance to win but you could also include XP which is so heavily biased to winning that to not win would take you a lot longer to complete.

We need to stop with the silly examples this is about the requirement that you have to win and in the case I mentioned finish top.

Now explain to me why that is fair for say a player who does 3.5k , 4.5k or even more damage gets top gun gets a radley  walters but the team loose and the player on the other team who did just over 3k damage got 3-4 kills did not play their socks off to try and win like the other player how is it fair they get the reward but the best player in that game from both teams combined does not.

24doom24 #8 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8888 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
It's a hard pass for me. Just playing matches alone with these christmas teams is soul wrenching. Needing to play more games to win while also being forced to play certain tiers is stupid. Furthermore you can't get both the tank and the 7 days premium anymore, It's now one or the other. Scummy.

apaleytos #9 Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:07 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17063 battles

I am most of the time negative about WG's actions but lets be reasonable..

It requires 130 points per day for the panther M10. First battle win or lose is 100 tokens.Tier 8-10 give 20 points for winning.

Max tokens per day are 220,but if your luck is bad stop at 130-150 or do the low tier missions for 10 points each(battles last 2-3 min).Even with 2/5 wins you get the points needed.If playing 5 games per day is too much skip it.

Edited by apaleytos, 04 January 2020 - 01:41 AM.

Stevies_Team #10 Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:39 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles

Can't see the big deal about getting a Panther

I presume it is the gold you seek?

Or do you have to sell it for credits before you claim the reward tonk, like with the T7 scorpion

divsmo #11 Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38329 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostStevies_Team, on 03 January 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

Can't see the big deal about getting a Panther

I presume it is the gold you seek?

Or do you have to sell it for credits before you claim the reward tonk, like with the T7 scorpion

You have to sell it before claiming to get the credits although i'd say the 7 days prem time is probably more valuable than 1.1m silver which is the other choice for finishing. I don't have the m10 so i'll do it just to add another prem to the collection.

unhappy_bunny #12 Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:09 AM

Colonel

• 20475 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 03 January 2020 - 10:21 PM, said:

NOBODY mentioned loose one battle etc etc and yes you try and win, well if you want to complete it quicker because the more damage the more kills the more chance to win but you could also include XP which is so heavily biased to winning that to not win would take you a lot longer to complete.

We need to stop with the silly examples this is about the requirement that you have to win and in the case I mentioned finish top.

Now explain to me why that is fair for say a player who does 3.5k , 4.5k or even more damage gets top gun gets a radley  walters but the team loose and the player on the other team who did just over 3k damage got 3-4 kills did not play their socks off to try and win like the other player how is it fair they get the reward but the best player in that game from both teams combined does not.

So lets also change the rules for the Olympics 4x100 relay. If 1 athlete manages to run his leg in a record time but his team comes last, he should get given a Gold medal along with the winning team. Thats only fair by your example.

WhoCares01 #13 Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24768 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 03 January 2020 - 09:26 PM, said:

So...a mere daily battle makes 2300 points in the end, out of 3000.

How hard is it to collect the other 700 on wins?

At least for no-lifers that play every day... :sceptic:

Took me 14 tier 9 battles to fulfill the mission requirements - it can be indeed frustrating...

PointZero #14 Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47307 battles

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 04 January 2020 - 12:32 AM, said:

The most enjoyable mission marathon they did imo was the damage/kills for each nation ( think it was something like 150 kills and 150k damage ) This was down to each players ability you had to work hard but you got rewarded for that work no matter how bad a random team is.

Rose-tinted glasses, generally people got the damage first and then you had loads of players who just needed the kills. This in turn absolutely wrecked the gameplay as more and more players started holding their shots in situations where someone needed to get hit once before they were a oneshot and then 7 players shooting the wreck of his tank since they were too slow or far away from the target. It was immensely frustrating to be part of a push only to find yourself losing a lot of HP because the others are there just to watch the 1v1 for the moment they can secure the kill.

krismorgan #15 Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:28 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 37464 battles
  • [UKT] UKT
I could not get a win in a t8 so gave up in the end,5 or 6 straight losses so i played every other tier which improved matters somewhat.

voodoospirit #16 Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:36 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 29980 battles

well, haaraderr than the last one, but still not too complicated i guess.

this tank is not very interesting for me but well, if i get it, it will taake some dust in my garage i guess.

Edited by voodoospirit, 04 January 2020 - 09:46 AM.

__Santana__ #17 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:21 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44794 battles
  • [SI-S] SI-S
There's no announcement on the website. Can anyone give me the link to the page?

gunslingerXXX #18 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:33 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13561 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

OK so we have X4 weekend.

First 5 games a loss. Of course. Always.

Stupid bounces on a TVP, of course.

Thanks WG.

FatigueGalaxy #19 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:47 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 22728 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Post24doom24, on 03 January 2020 - 11:53 PM, said:

It's a hard pass for me. Just playing matches alone with these christmas teams is soul wrenching. Needing to play more games to win while also being forced to play certain tiers is stupid. Furthermore you can't get both the tank and the 7 days premium anymore, It's now one or the other. Scummy.

If winning 2 battles per day is to hard for you then maybe you should quit. I don't want people like you in my team.

View Postvoodoospirit, on 04 January 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

well, haaraderr than the last one, but still not too complicated i guess.

this tank is not very interesting for me but well, if i get it, it will taake some dust in my garage i guess.

Depends on your luck. Last time you had to play ~5 battles per day and now you have to get 2 wins per day. So statistically, it should take the same time for very bad players (40-45%) and less time if you are a good player.

I mean, is it WG's fault that you can have a losing streak? Should they design the event around the fact that you can lose 5 battles in a row? Then what about days when you have a winning streak? For an example, yesterday I was done with min requirements (130 points) after 2 battles.

If you are losing and can't win even a single battle then just stop playing... You can always get more points later, maybe during a winning streak.

24doom24 #20 Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8888 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostFatigueGalaxy, on 04 January 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

If winning 2 battles per day is to hard for you then maybe you should quit. I don't want people like you in my team.

Depends on your luck. Last time you had to play ~5 battles per day and now you have to get 2 wins per day. So statistically, it should take the same time for very bad players (40-45%) and less time if you are a good player.

I mean, is it WG's fault that you can have a losing streak? Should they design the event around the fact that you can lose 5 battles in a row? Then what about days when you have a winning streak? For an example, yesterday I was done with min requirements (130 points) after 2 battles.

If you are losing and can't win even a single battle then just stop playing... You can always get more points later, maybe during a winning streak.

oof, did I touch a nerve?:teethhappy: I wouldn't want you either.

Also tagged with Tankrewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users