British tanks

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

papaskyfox #1 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:24 PM

Private

• Player
  • 10720 battles

Why are the british tanks so poor in the game centurion 1 can't pen 100 mm armour or 50mm side armour square on caernavron 220 pen goes through nothing it is up against.

Have they been nerfed so much to make soviet look better or are game developers that far out on history?

When up against tier 10 i feel that i am only target practice for them as it wont go through even their week spots.

what happened to a fair game?

should we all use gold ammo all the time to line the pockets of wg.

One game you will penetrate every shot no matter what at next game no penetration at all seems as if the games are fixed?

This would be the reason you are all loosing your stats, unless you buy premium tanks and ammo, dig deep as wg need to get very rich quickly as players will soon work it out.

Are wg fed up with world of tanks or just the british ones?

being british i would like to play these tanks on a level playing field not nerfed out of the game i also play other nations as well soviet seems to be better than all the rest.

due to my illness the grama and spelling may not be perfect so please try to read through this?

Spurtung #2 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:30 PM

General

• Player
  • 85252 battles
  • [USSRX] USSRX
You want to hear really bad news? That's them after being buffed.

Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37013 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Postpapaskyfox, on 03 January 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

Why are the british tanks so poor in the game centurion 1 can't pen 100 mm armour or 50mm side armour square on caernavron 220 pen goes through nothing it is up against.

Have they been nerfed so much to make soviet look better or are game developers that far out on history?

When up against tier 10 i feel that i am only target practice for them as it wont go through even their week spots.

One game you will penetrate every shot no matter what at next game no penetration at all seems as if the games are fixed?

This would be the reason you are all loosing your stats, unless you buy premium tanks and ammo, dig deep as wg need to get very rich quickly as players will soon work it out.

being british i would like to play these tanks on a level playing field not nerfed out of the game i also play other nations as well soviet seems to be better than all the rest.

due to my illness the grama and spelling may not be perfect so please try to read through this?

There are lots of very superior British tanks in the game.

azakow #4 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:38 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 89720 battles

View Postpapaskyfox, on 03 January 2020 - 11:24 PM, said:

Also consider this for any vehicle you command.

And in case you now ask where to aim at, please consider this web site. It is helping be alot ATM to grind my way through various HT lines.

https://tanks.gg/

Oldewolfe #5 Posted 03 January 2020 - 11:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 536 battles
Yah, you're doing something Wrong if your Brit's aten't Penning Targets....       No Offense....      But they're Good Tanks....

PowJay #6 Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:03 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44043 battles

Certainly you are struggling in the Centurion I, but how much of it is the tank's fault and how much is yours? Sure, I hated it as well- we can both agree on that- but you are doing something SERIOUSLY wrong if all you can manage is 375 HP damage per battle.

This is my tier III Italian medium tank. It has the highest average damage of every tier III I have ever played.

My Centurion I admittedly only has 810 HP average damage (and was sold long ago), but 375 HP? :facepalm:

I didn't like the Caernarvon either and sold it last week. Still and all, I managed 1011 HP average damage. You have 468 HP average. I have 476 HP average in my tier IV Ke-Ho LT.

Perhaps the first thing you need to do before you criticise tanks is to learn how to play. Sorry if the truth is not to your liking.

Gixxer66 #7 Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22070 battles

View Postpapaskyfox, on 03 January 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

I have a certain amount of sympathy with you, seems that the gunner in my Cent 1 either has been on the Ale or is asleep on duty after a night on the Ale. I just can't make the tank work for me. The gun seems to troll the hell out of me, I can't make the Swedish Cent work either, so in my case it's definitely an issue this side of the keyboard.

azakow #8 Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:06 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 89720 battles

View PostGixxer66, on 04 January 2020 - 12:14 AM, said:

I have a certain amount of sympathy with you, seems that the gunner in my Cent 1 either has been on the Ale or is asleep on duty after a night on the Ale. I just can't make the tank work for me. The gun seems to troll the hell out of me, I can't make the Swedish Cent work either, so in my case it's definitely an issue this side of the keyboard.

At what training level is your crew?

Are you using Vstab?

It requires some patience at the keyboard, did you know?

0.34 and 1.9s are good.

It is simply you, that can not be bothered to show some patinece while aiming. Bind your fire to command to the finishing sound of the aim circle. Meanwhile you can reflect on the spot you are aiming at.

Take your time!

:)

Nishi_Kinuyo #9 Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:29 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11678 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

OP is aware that this is a thing, right?

Basically, if your side armour is thick enough, shots will bounce if the angle is also good enough.

Ideally, if the angle is more than 70° (85° for HEAT), the shell will just bounce off harmlessly.

If the angle is less than what's given above, the armour can still be quite thick (a 60° angle doubles the effective armour, 70° angle almost triples it).

RANDOM_PLAYER123 #10 Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25672 battles
Safe stowage skill helps reduce ammoracking

Robbie_T #11 Posted 04 January 2020 - 05:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23821 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

There some brits that need a little buff

But centurion and caernavron are good  but you need to know the weak and strong points.

Btw if caervron with not the top gun you can make ya self usefull to permtrack enemy heaavys

so your own heavy´s can do the dmg on him.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #12 Posted 04 January 2020 - 07:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38642 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Postpapaskyfox, on 03 January 2020 - 11:24 PM, said:

There is no nerf, the game is fair, you don't need gold ammo, and the games are not fixed. 220 pen will quite happily go through 100mm armour unless you're  doing something wrong, probably firing at an extremely angled plate.

If you want to know what you're doing wrong and how you can correct it then upload a couple of replays to wotreplays.eu where you think you should have made shots that didn't go through and we can have a look and give you some help. 

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 04 January 2020 - 04:11 PM.

Gixxer66 #13 Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:47 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22070 battles

View Postazakow, on 04 January 2020 - 12:06 AM, said:

At what training level is your crew?

Are you using Vstab?

It requires some patience at the keyboard, did you know?

0.34 and 1.9s are good.

It is simply you, that can not be bothered to show some patinece while aiming. Bind your fire to command to the finishing sound of the aim circle. Meanwhile you can reflect on the spot you are aiming at.

Take your time!

:)

Crew is 3 Skill BiA, Snap Shot, 77% into Smooth Ride

No

More patience  than the T-34-1 or T-34-2 that have 3.0 second + aim time and both of which I average more dpg over the last 30 days?

0.3 and 2.1 secs actual values.

I never said it was a tank issue in my original post, I simply can't get the gun to work for me.

shikaka9 #14 Posted 04 January 2020 - 08:45 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 81819 battles
  • [__HUN] __HUN

View PostNishi_Kinuyo, on 04 January 2020 - 12:29 AM, said:

VK 42.02B call this BULLS**T

Ch1valry #15 Posted 04 January 2020 - 09:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 43335 battles
  • [TKNZ] TKNZ

Super conq, HESHbarn, CGC, caernarvon, charioteer, comet, cromwell, alecto. The list could be even longer, but all of these seem rather good for their tiers, some even OP.

Not to mention the infamous chieftain reward tank at tier 10.

I would rate the UK as one of the best nations in wot, so I don't really understand the complaints.

Paulo_Lion_Heart #16 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 27680 battles
I have 3 tier X (S. Conqueror, Conqueror GC and Centurian AX) and 2 VIII (FV4002 and Charioter) and I like thems a lot. 

BR33K1_PAWAH #17 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:51 PM

Major

• Player
  • 10763 battles
  • [_N0D_] _N0D_

View PostCh1valry, on 04 January 2020 - 11:05 PM, said:

Super conq, HESHbarn, CGC, caernarvon, charioteer, comet, cromwell, alecto. The list could be even longer, but all of these seem rather good for their tiers, some even OP.

I would rate the UK as one of the best nations in wot, so I don't really understand the complaints.

Suurpolskija #18 Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:31 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24656 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

It's not the tanks. It's you. I ground through both heavy and medium lines back when 3-5-7 was still a thing and at least for me, both Centurion 1 and Caernarvon worked wonderfully! 

Caernarvon VIII 122 1926,15 56,56%

Centurion I VIII 72 1909,13 59,72%

Tiers 8-9 are all great tanks and 7/1 has funky ammo choices too. And Conqueror is the baws! 

Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:01 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 11678 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View Postshikaka9, on 04 January 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

VK 42.02B call this BULLS**T

What do you mean?

It works perfectly with my KV-4tress.

Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:11 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 37013 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostCh1valry, on 04 January 2020 - 08:05 PM, said:

Yes, much of the British line is insanely good

TBH in many cases much better than in reality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users