Bonds are useless - change my mind

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

TheNightFox #1 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:25 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10460 battles
  • [REV0L] REV0L

I won't make this post too long. WG advertised bonds and their ultimate currency, which we should strive to accrue. However, it seems to me that all ways to spend bonds are underwhelming. Considering that they are end game currency in the way you can get them (in numbers), for example Ranked is the best way to get many bonds, and Ranked ain't easy, I think WG should figure out a good way of spending them on something meaningful for peeps that got to that stage of the game.

Here is what you can buy for bonds atm:

1. Improved equipment - very little impact ingame (which is good imo), very expensive (almost similar to buying silver with gold)

2. Directives - same impact, and they even changed crew directives so you cannot buy them for bonds anymore.. lol

3. Bonds shop - while this was welcomed by everyone, as a long awaited feature, but the current tank selection doesn't add much value; I'll explain:

- mediocre premium tanks - nice for some, useless for all veteran players (remember this is the endgame currency, right?)

- clan wars out of meta tanks - this was a blunder; it got CW players angry, and tbh those tanks are not anything to strive for anyway; are you telling me that one should play ranked and whatnot to get a 121B? I think it's not worth it.

So all in all, while we do have this currency and it's nice for endgame to have some goals, I think atm what you can buy for bonds is not valuable for the target audience, and that's something that should be addressed.

PS: no, I don't think they should sell 907 of Chieftain in bonds shop. Maybe a unique better than average T10 reward tank at a 35-40k price would be an idea; just an idea, but they have lots of people, surely they can get better ideas than that.. surely :teethhappy:

Edited by TheNightFox, 04 January 2020 - 10:28 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #2 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:37 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Why would I try to change your mind? If none of the things currently available for bonds are of interest to you then they have no value to you. Others may find turn of value, it's purely a personal opinion. 

TheNightFox #3 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:43 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10460 battles
  • [REV0L] REV0L

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 04 January 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

Why would I try to change your mind? If none of the things currently available for bonds are of interest to you then they have no value to you. Others may find turn of value, it's purely a personal opinion. 

It's a catch phrase. It got you to click :teethhappy:

I would like people to post their ideas, how the situation can be improved.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostTheNightFox, on 04 January 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

Post your own ideas. What's the point of telling WG you don't like they're current offering if you don't tell then what you do want?

TheNightFox #5 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:46 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10460 battles
  • [REV0L] REV0L

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 04 January 2020 - 10:45 AM, said:

Post your own ideas. What's the point of telling WG you don't like they're current offering if you don't tell then what you do want?

I did post an idea. You didn't post any yet. Be constructive, if you can.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 04 January 2020 - 10:58 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
You haven't defined what you think the "target audience" even is and just offered some vague description of a "tier 10 tank that's good".  What do you call "good"? M60 is a decent enough tier 10, pick that one. 

Nitro_Tank #7 Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7476 battles

I would love to get one of the bond tanks as the tanks i currently have are very different playstyles. I dont care if they arent the best, i've played the panzerwagen and 30B :)

Getting bonds is just too hard to ever afford one though, since i absolutely hate frontline with a passion. Ranked mode i got some, but in total its only 4.5k so yeeeeeeeeah

UrQuan #8 Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22238 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Don't mind the bond system as it is currently. Because it makes sure it cannot have a large effect on the game, which is good for new players / players that aren't fond of TX gameplay.

As I am not interested in the bond tanks on offer, I spend my bonds on equipment; Sure it is expensive, but I use them on tanks I enjoy & hence play plenty, so that small bonus can give me the edge once in a while.

Make bond products more interesting & you create a greater need to have it, forcing more folks to play TX just to keep up/close the gap.

Edited by UrQuan, 04 January 2020 - 02:38 PM.

Oldtanker68 #9 Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:22 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 2358 battles
  • [NTRS] NTRS

I used bonds mainly for Sixth sence on New tank lines.

But WG fixed that :medal:

woolfie #10 Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:23 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 50318 battles
Some nice new camos could be introduced for bonds, something everyone could use at any tier and won't screw the MM at all.

gunslingerXXX #11 Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:35 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 13576 battles
  • [GUNSL] GUNSL

Well for a F2P player its a very nice way to get a premium tier 8 for free.

Of course you can also get those by marathons and referrals and stufffff... And considering I still haven't spend any bonds (besides a few on the sixth-sense directive for rental tanks) I understand your point.

malachi6 #12 Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:43 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51289 battles

View PostTheNightFox, on 04 January 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

Given you are the one wanting the situation improved, should it not be you coming up with ideas?

BR33K1_PAWAH #13 Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

With bonds you can buy:

1. Best equipment
  2. 4th consumable slot
  3. Tier 8 premium tanks

I don't know if this can be called "useless" :D

Suurpolskija #14 Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:16 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24440 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

It's great for F2P players, who have limited access to crew trainers and credit makers. 

Let's say a person has maybe a tank or two from marathons and has been lucky enough to get enough bonds from Frontlines and medals. I bet he'd be happy to get Liberté for example. 

Crew directives are a nice boost for tanks that really need them. I use them on some of my CW / SH tanks to boost my performance. I haven't paid for them though since the ones I use I've gotten from various places anyways. Also the 6th sense directive is a nice perk for a person who is not yet drowned in the flood of zero skill commanders. 

edit: also, while the advantage is small from improved equipment, it comes down to the same thing as in many games: 

If you face a person with same skill as you in a same tank as you but you're tank is "two percents" better... You reload faster, see further or aim better. Well, you have the edge. I've only bought one piece of these and put it on my Revalorise which I just love to pieces. 

Edited by Suurpolskija, 04 January 2020 - 12:20 PM.

demon_tank #15 Posted 04 January 2020 - 12:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27912 battles
  • [3ADS] 3ADS

View PostTheNightFox, on 04 January 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

2. Directives - same impact, and they even changed crew directives so you cannot buy them for bonds anymore.. lol

3. Bonds shop - while this was welcomed by everyone, as a long awaited feature, but the current tank selection doesn't add much value; I'll explain:

- mediocre premium tanks - nice for some, useless for all veteran players (remember this is the endgame currency, right?)

- clan wars out of meta tanks - this was a blunder; it got CW players angry, and tbh those tanks are not anything to strive for anyway; are you telling me that one should play ranked and whatnot to get a 121B? I think it's not worth it.

There 2 kinds of directives. For skills and for equipment. You can still buy one kind for bonds.

The Tanks in the bond shop are not all subpar. M60 and 121B are decent and rare. 420 meters viewrange and 350mm pen with gold shells for both is pretty sweet.

Also the Patriot is a very good Tier 8 premium tank and a very good deal for free to play players.

You also forgetting they will add more tanks eventually.

Edited by demon_tank, 04 January 2020 - 12:33 PM.

SOROS_SCHWARTZ_GYORGY #16 Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:21 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31020 battles
  • [SOROS] SOROS

View PostTheNightFox, on 04 January 2020 - 09:25 AM, said:

- mediocre premium tanks - nice for some, useless for all veteran players

I plan to buy those premiums so that I can trade them in at the next opportunity for something better. I practically exchange my bonds into gold this way. Unless WG trolls me and makes those vehicles not suitable for trading in.

apaleytos #17 Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17104 battles

View PostSuurpolskija, on 04 January 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

It's great for F2P players, who have limited access to crew trainers and credit makers. 

Let's say a person has maybe a tank or two from marathons and has been lucky enough to get enough bonds from Frontlines and medals. I bet he'd be happy to get Liberté for example. 

Liberte yikes...They give it for free to the recruiter in the referral program(wonder why).Only good thing is you have frontal armor and dont need to shoot prem ammo but everything else is crap. Side armor 58mm,shoulders plates go <200mm if you try to sidescrape so forget it. Gun is anemic with 300 alpha for that dpm can't trade with other HTs or strike twice tracked/exposed people(8,5sec reload).Soft stats worse than russian potato laucher (i have bia+aiming skills+coffee) so cant snaphot.Arty loves you,priority target even splashes hurt alot.Ammo is bit expensinve 300dmg/1000cr for f2p.Yes you can facehug some shorter tanks or wiggle that turret and bait people.T9 and t10 will load HEAT and run over you while you poke them with 300 dmg.I can usually hide my giant cupola with my barrel lol.

Is it playable? yes. Does it worth the bonds? Hell no.I think patriot might worth the bonds if someone is familiar with it's playstyle.

Someone might like the M60 for bonds,or get equipment.Definately not useless currency :)

Edited by apaleytos, 04 January 2020 - 02:34 PM.

azakow #18 Posted 04 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84661 battles

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 04 January 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

With bonds you can buy:

1. Best equipment
  2. 4th consumable slot
  3. Tier 8 premium tanks

How much is that?

Where to get it?

TheNightFox #19 Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:03 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10460 battles
  • [REV0L] REV0L

Thanks for your feedback guys, I'm glad that this thread is mostly salt free and constructive, that's an achievement on this forum. I find some ideas here pretty interesting. I only proposed one idea (the T10 unique tank for a large amount of bonds) because I am honestly more interested in getting others express their ideas, than to pretend that I've got all the answers. Some users suggested that I should have proposed more solutions, but please take into account that posting just solutions is not necessarily what an OP needs to be.

I am looking forward to them adding more tanks in BS. I would argue that although the Patriot is a decent tank, and some will enjoy getting it, if you see bonds as endgame content then it's not really a big prize (most have a ton of prems already). M60 is indeed quite good, I played it on the test server. Somewhere in between Fatton and Leopard 1, closer to the Leo. But please forgive me if I say that I would like to use my endgame currency to get a meta tank. Basically there are 2 ways to get meta tanks right now: CW and personal campaigns. That's fine. The TT meta tanks are meta today and not meta tomorrow or the day after. I think it would be nice to have such a tank, unique to avoid controversy, for a metric ton of bonds. And we might see something like it in the future.

Yep, the title is a bit over the top, a click bait if you want. Bonds are not useless. But they could be more, without breaking balance or anything.

Edited by TheNightFox, 04 January 2020 - 03:06 PM.

_6i6_ #20 Posted 04 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21416 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 04 January 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

With bonds you can buy:

1. Best equipment
  2. 4th consumable slot
  3. Tier 8 premium tanks

View Postazakow, on 04 January 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

How much is that?

Where to get it?

i want it too!!:sceptic:

Edited by _6i6_, 04 January 2020 - 03:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users