WG thinking process?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

Signal11th #1 Posted 04 January 2020 - 11:55 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46431 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

I think we can all agree "we" as a people like shiny stuff we like shiny free stuff even more. When this comes at the expense though of the experience the feeling of happiness soon dissolves. The xmas experience as usual has been nice, free stuff, shiny stuff add in a little bit of "gambling that isn't gambling ™" and most people are happy.

Now given that most people have already spent what they could or couldn't afford on boxes, advent tanks, hookers and drugs,farmyard animals and if time permitted gifts for the family we sit back and play our favourite game which is World Of Tanks.

Unfortunately this year WG have seemingly gone all out to get back old players and given the numbers playing I would say they have succeeded most night 150k plus. Now personally I don't think these players are needed by anyone but WG accountants and they definately aren't needed by the existing player base as they seemingly are 99% utter crapola at the game and that's probably why they left in the first place.

I think we as existing players are now paying for WG's decidedly strange approach to getting more people into the game.. ergo Making it easier.

You're short of in game credits, not a problem , event after event after event, free cash for all

You're short of XP, no problems same as above plus free boosters.

You're tired of grinding .. see above don't wan't learn your way through the line just activate this and instead of sucking at tier 2 you can suck even more at tier 8/9/10 in less than a week.

A week is too much you say??? No worries , have all these blueprints get you there in less than 60 seconds.

Now I initially took the short-sighted approach of thinking "hey this is cool, I'm happy"  but now playing for nearly 2 weeks since the event has started I have to admit, this has probably been the worse experience of the game since I began. Teams, that fold in less than 2 minutes, top tiers full of "new/old players" that haven;t played a single match in 4 years but the offer of "free stuff" has bought them back. People having that much spare cash it's seemingly no one actually cares anymore if they win lose do poorly do great. Even myself.. play pretty much full prem loadouts because it's not costing me anything not to so why would i.

Now I can see why the suits at WG would see this as a success because financially it's probably been they best one yet but as a long time player you are sucking the soul out of your game, even I after over 8 years no longer care if I win or lose because the state of the game at the moment , it's seemingly irrelevant. It's becoming a mobile app.

I have a sneaky feeling numbers after the event closes will drop dramatically and worse drop more than last year during the year basically because WG have tried to get the section of the player base back that the game doesn't need. Make the game harder not dumber, make it about skill not chance it's sad I look back on the old days of only getting stuff maybe once or if you're lucky twice a year and think it was better.  Greed seemingly is overwhelming the game at the moment as it's a shame, a little greed is normal but it's getting out of hand.

TLDR: Teams and the game in general is in a sh*t state.

Edited by Signal11th, 04 January 2020 - 11:57 PM.

_cro_magnon #2 Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:27 AM

Major

• Player
  • 34225 battles
  • [V-TER] V-TER
I agree, tier 10 at the moment is just...:
Spoiler

Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:33 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View Post_cro_magnon, on 04 January 2020 - 11:27 PM, said:

I agree, tier 10 at the moment is just...:
Spoiler

I wouldn't touch Tier X with a 

View PostSignal11th, on 04 January 2020 - 10:55 PM, said:

I think we can all agree "we" as a people like shiny stuff we like shiny free stuff even more. When this comes at the expense though of the experience the feeling of happiness soon dissolves. The xmas experience as usual has been nice, free stuff, shiny stuff add in a little bit of "gambling that isn't gambling ™" and most people are happy.

Now given that most people have already spent what they could or couldn't afford on boxes, advent tanks, hookers and drugs,farmyard animals and if time permitted gifts for the family we sit back and play our favourite game which is World Of Tanks.

Unfortunately this year WG have seemingly gone all out to get back old players and given the numbers playing I would say they have succeeded most night 150k plus. Now personally I don't think these players are needed by anyone but WG accountants and they definately aren't needed by the existing player base as they seemingly are 99% utter crapola at the game and that's probably why they left in the first place.

I think we as existing players are now paying for WG's decidedly strange approach to getting more people into the game.. ergo Making it easier.

You're short of in game credits, not a problem , event after event after event, free cash for all

You're short of XP, no problems same as above plus free boosters.

You're tired of grinding .. see above don't wan't learn your way through the line just activate this and instead of sucking at tier 2 you can suck even more at tier 8/9/10 in less than a week.

A week is too much you say??? No worries , have all these blueprints get you there in less than 60 seconds.

Now I initially took the short-sighted approach of thinking "hey this is cool, I'm happy"  but now playing for nearly 2 weeks since the event has started I have to admit, this has probably been the worse experience of the game since I began. Teams, that fold in less than 2 minutes, top tiers full of "new/old players" that haven;t played a single match in 4 years but the offer of "free stuff" has bought them back. People having that much spare cash it's seemingly no one actually cares anymore if they win lose do poorly do great. Even myself.. play pretty much full prem loadouts because it's not costing me anything not to so why would i.

Now I can see why the suits at WG would see this as a success because financially it's probably been they best one yet but as a long time player you are sucking the soul out of your game, even I after over 8 years no longer care if I win or lose because the state of the game at the moment , it's seemingly irrelevant. It's becoming a mobile app.

I have a sneaky feeling numbers after the event closes will drop dramatically and worse drop more than last year during the year basically because WG have tried to get the section of the player base back that the game doesn't need. Make the game harder not dumber, make it about skill not chance it's sad I look back on the old days of only getting stuff maybe once or if you're lucky twice a year and think it was better.  Greed seemingly is overwhelming the game at the moment as it's a shame, a little greed is normal but it's getting out of hand.

Things were better back in the good old days, when I was a boy

Signal11th #4 Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:35 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46431 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 04 January 2020 - 11:33 PM, said:

I wouldn't touch Tier X with a 

Things were better back in the good old days, when I was a boy

No they weren't it's a fallacy, same as the game, game overall gfx money etc is better but the game experience is trash.

Bulldog_Drummond #5 Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostSignal11th, on 04 January 2020 - 11:35 PM, said:

No they weren't it's a fallacy, same as the game, game overall gfx money etc is better but the game experience is trash.

I am always pleased to see that the community hasn't lost its sense of humour

Signal11th #6 Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:53 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46431 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 04 January 2020 - 11:43 PM, said:

I am always pleased to see that the community hasn't lost its sense of humour

In order to have a sense of humour, it would have needed to have been funny in the first place.

Bulldog_Drummond #7 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:02 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostSignal11th, on 04 January 2020 - 11:53 PM, said:

In order to have a sense of humour, it would have needed to have been funny in the first place.

How true, how very true

Stevies_Team #8 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles

uh-oh

The magic never-miss-boyz are out now so it's time for beddy-bos

See yous all the morrow

Element6 #9 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:20 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32148 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Credits not a problem? I've been more or less constantly low on credits for the past 4 years and blueprints have made that particular issue even worse.

View PostSignal11th, on 05 January 2020 - 12:35 AM, said:

From your post I read that the gaming experience has deteriorated, so apparently you seem to be of the opinion that some things were better in the past.

Or is it perhaps just a fallacy?

Signal11th #10 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46431 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostElement6, on 05 January 2020 - 12:20 AM, said:

Credits not a problem? I've been more or less constantly low on credits for the past 4 years and blueprints have made that particular issue even worse.

From your post I read that the gaming experience has deteriorated, so apparently you seem to be of the opinion that some things were better in the past.

Or is it perhaps just a fallacy?

You're asking me a question to which I've already answered... try proferring an opinion of your own?

Element6 #11 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:32 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32148 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSignal11th, on 05 January 2020 - 01:26 AM, said:

You're asking me a question to which I've already answered... try proferring an opinion of your own?

I thought I did with my credits comment?

Signal11th #12 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46431 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostElement6, on 05 January 2020 - 12:32 AM, said:

I thought I did with my credits comment?

Well I currently sit on 16 millions credits and pretty much spam prem every game.. so really don't understand where all your credits are going..regardless this is off topic. you really think the the game experience is better these days? Or is it you've never noticed because you've never improved? That's a genuine question not a veiled barb.

Edited by Signal11th, 05 January 2020 - 01:36 AM.

Bulldog_Drummond #13 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34191 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

View PostSignal11th, on 05 January 2020 - 12:26 AM, said:

I always take the opinions of very good players such as yourself with a large dose of salt as they are usually irrelevant to all but a tiny minority

Element6 #14 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 32148 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSignal11th, on 05 January 2020 - 01:34 AM, said:

Well I currently sit on 16 millions credits and pretty much spam prem every game.. so really don't understand where all your credits are going..regardless this is off topic. you really think the the game experience is better these days? Or is it you've never noticed because you've never improved? That's a genuine question not a veiled barb.

Considering that you seem to be suffering from a bit of bias, I am at a loss as how to properly respond to you.

Going from 46% WR, 800-ish WN8 to closing in on 51% WR and 1400 WN8 is the definition of never improving, or so it seems to be, in your world. You know, since we are on the topic of fallacies...get back to me when you rid yourself of them? You don't understand were my credits are going because you seem to be unable to grasp that other players earn far less than you do, on average, since we are worse than you, and we might work our way through the game in a very different way than what you do. You seem to be flabbergasted that I do not have 16 million credtis...I think that says a bit about your ability to see beyond your own perception.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot. I do not think the gaming experience is much worse than it has been in the past, but I know that my perception of the game today is different than what it was in the past, and try actively to account for that.

Edited by Element6, 05 January 2020 - 01:42 AM.

LethalWalou #15 Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33474 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

Based on this and what other players say/demand, it looks awfully lot like a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't' situation for WG. Players demand for more (free) stuff yet you are here demanding that they should give less (free) stuff. Who should they listen to because frankly they will get whined about no matter what they do.

And is a compromise a strange concept for you?  A perfect game is simply not possible to make so if WG wants to cater to those people who demand for more (free) stuff, missions, events etc, I will live with it. It helps some part of the playerbase. If you can't just accept it as a compromise and demand that your personal demands should be acted upon, then dear signal, you're just selfish. I like most parts of the game and I live with the bad parts because I understand that it's either what the company just wants to do or that's what the game needs even though it's not suited for my personal interest. I can manage in any environment in the game and frankly I'm not noticing any such drastic things as you describe them as. Most likely you're again just exaggerating things, like usually. If you really are so unhappy with things, just stop playing, that's what I've done when I've stopped enjoying the game for whatever reason. You are in a tiny minority with your whining about too much (free) stuff.

PS. Only WoT community can turn WG giving free stuff away into a ''WG is greedy'' whine.

Block Quote

play pretty much full prem loadouts because it's not costing me anything not to so why would i.

This is just your personal choice, and frankly pure laziness. You choose to play the game this way yet you get angry at anything but yourself... No one is forcing you to play with full prem loadout and make the game easy for you. You can choose to make it harder for yourself to up the enjoyment. I never understand your kind of people. You yourself make the game a point and click adventure game and then you whine about it. Try for a while with normal loadout and try to challenge yourself. You might think this is just ''crippling yourself'' but if you don't care about winning, losing or stats, then this should be an easy test for you to do.

Signal11th #16 Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:44 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 46431 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 05 January 2020 - 12:35 AM, said:

I always take the opinions of very good players such as yourself with a large dose of salt as they are usually irrelevant to all but a tiny minority

Don't forget I used to be very bad at this game, the game experience for me is much worse the better you get. I used to be in the majority, I can see if from both sides.

01:51 Added after 7 minute

View PostStevies_Team, on 05 January 2020 - 12:10 AM, said:

uh-oh

The magic never-miss-boyz are out now so it's time for beddy-bos

See yous all the morrow

Never miss? I miss plenty currently, 2.2 shots for every 10 I fire. 

Gruff_ #17 Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:53 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23844 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

You could of just left the title alone with an emoticon and I would have agreed.

It's pointless to invest time reading guides, watching the cc's on youtube, make plans for tech trees and skill unlocks when greeted with the mess that unfolds after pressing battle.  On average I have 2-3 enjoyable games per 20+ session, I've been encouraging a few people to move up the tiers and invest time learning how to play better but it seems fruitless now.

LethalWalou #18 Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33474 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostSignal11th, on 05 January 2020 - 01:44 AM, said:

I just thought taking a break from WoT would be a good thing to do, but deleting your whole WoT account is solution as well. :popcorn:

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:36 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostGruff_, on 05 January 2020 - 02:53 AM, said:

You could of just left the title alone with an emoticon and I would have agreed.

It's pointless to invest time reading guides, watching the cc's on youtube, make plans for tech trees and skill unlocks when greeted with the mess that unfolds after pressing battle.  On average I have 2-3 enjoyable games per 20+ session, I've been encouraging a few people to move up the tiers and invest time learning how to play better but it seems fruitless now.

And yet good players can still perform at a high level when subject to the exact same MM that you get. Magic or hax? 

_Anarchistic_ #20 Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49095 battles

WG thought process is simple

what do players complain about the most, ok lets make it worse

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users