WG thinking process?

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

strv_varjager #41 Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:06 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6928 battles

View PostLee3452, on 06 January 2020 - 01:02 PM, said:

Don't worry I am one of those crap players who pops back in every now and again in the hope that the game has changed from being a armoured go karting race around the map. I want to play heavies and brawl with other tanks. However this is impossible with generally 3 top arty's per game. The free give aways got me playing and that should have pleased the kids in their medium auto loader race cars. As I was just a festive piñata. Especially as I tried to research the heavy british line. The conquerer to me sums up why I won't play after the festive event is over. It's dreadful gun has no chance against most tanks including the armoured race cars with greater fire power. So as I said don't worry when the event is over I will be gone again. So you only have to put up with the likes of me for 2 weeks. Thank you to WG for the free stuff and thanks again for stopping me from spending real money on this game.

So I wish you all the best so you can get back to your racing game when all the oldies quit again after the festive event

I hate all grinds so for me hating to grind Conqueror was nothing new BUT stock Conqueror aint horrible, its quite workable, just play it as Caernarvon with a bit more hp and more armor.

To quote myself from another thread while i was grinding the tank just recently.

The thing is the tank isnt bad stock but its basically a Caernarvon but you are one tier higher. Yesterday i had a average of 1570 dmg with caernarvon, i had average  1610 damage with conqeuror. You dont feel like you are playing a one tier higher tank and you perform equal bad/good as you would with the caernarvon.

LethalWalou #42 Posted 06 January 2020 - 07:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 06 January 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

Give it a couple of weeks and he'll have uninstalled again.  :)

He is right though, the game experience isn't as good as it was 2/3 years ago when it was accused of being World of Medium Tanks.

It wasn't an uninstall, it was a full account deletion from game which you have 45 days to cancel.

And frankly im personally still not noticing any drastic things. It's just the normal tomatoes dying early and some low amount of games are roflstomps. Difference might be that i'm mot tilted and playing angry so i don't get frustrated about any of this. One could say different thing about OP though, after all he streams his games so no wonder he gets the exaggerated feeling when playing and seeing a tomato dying early

HassenderZerhacker #43 Posted 06 January 2020 - 08:57 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 32130 battles

View PostSignal11th, on 04 January 2020 - 11:55 PM, said:

I think we can all agree "we" as a people like shiny stuff we like shiny free stuff even more. When this comes at the expense though of the experience the feeling of happiness soon dissolves. The xmas experience as usual has been nice, free stuff, shiny stuff add in a little bit of "gambling that isn't gambling ™" and most people are happy.

Now given that most people have already spent what they could or couldn't afford on boxes, advent tanks, hookers and drugs,farmyard animals and if time permitted gifts for the family we sit back and play our favourite game which is World Of Tanks.

Unfortunately this year WG have seemingly gone all out to get back old players and given the numbers playing I would say they have succeeded most night 150k plus. Now personally I don't think these players are needed by anyone but WG accountants and they definately aren't needed by the existing player base as they seemingly are 99% utter crapola at the game and that's probably why they left in the first place.

I think we as existing players are now paying for WG's decidedly strange approach to getting more people into the game.. ergo Making it easier.

You're short of in game credits, not a problem , event after event after event, free cash for all

You're short of XP, no problems same as above plus free boosters.

You're tired of grinding .. see above don't wan't learn your way through the line just activate this and instead of sucking at tier 2 you can suck even more at tier 8/9/10 in less than a week.

A week is too much you say??? No worries , have all these blueprints get you there in less than 60 seconds.

Now I initially took the short-sighted approach of thinking "hey this is cool, I'm happy"  but now playing for nearly 2 weeks since the event has started I have to admit, this has probably been the worse experience of the game since I began. Teams, that fold in less than 2 minutes, top tiers full of "new/old players" that haven;t played a single match in 4 years but the offer of "free stuff" has bought them back. People having that much spare cash it's seemingly no one actually cares anymore if they win lose do poorly do great. Even myself.. play pretty much full prem loadouts because it's not costing me anything not to so why would i.

Now I can see why the suits at WG would see this as a success because financially it's probably been they best one yet but as a long time player you are sucking the soul out of your game, even I after over 8 years no longer care if I win or lose because the state of the game at the moment , it's seemingly irrelevant. It's becoming a mobile app.

I have a sneaky feeling numbers after the event closes will drop dramatically and worse drop more than last year during the year basically because WG have tried to get the section of the player base back that the game doesn't need. Make the game harder not dumber, make it about skill not chance it's sad I look back on the old days of only getting stuff maybe once or if you're lucky twice a year and think it was better.  Greed seemingly is overwhelming the game at the moment as it's a shame, a little greed is normal but it's getting out of hand.

TLDR: Teams and the game in general is in a sh*t state.

yes... for me, enough is enough, I stop playing today.

too much bad teams

too much unbalanced matchmaking

too much missions/stuff, they even give out free tier 7 tanks now with tank rewards

too much stupid missions and stupid objectives

too much stupid maps

too much unfair/rigged RNG

too much unbalanced tanks

it's all crap. BYE.

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 06 January 2020 - 08:57 PM.

Nitro_Tank #44 Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9112 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 06 January 2020 - 07:57 PM, said:

too much bad teams

too much missions/stuff, they even give out free tier 7 tanks now with tank rewards

too much stupid maps

it's all crap. BYE.

see you next week

CmdRatScabies #45 Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 39085 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLethalWalou, on 06 January 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

It wasn't an uninstall, it was a full account deletion from game which you have 45 days to cancel.

And frankly im personally still not noticing any drastic things. It's just the normal tomatoes dying early and some low amount of games are roflstomps. Difference might be that i'm mot tilted and playing angry so i don't get frustrated about any of this. One could say different thing about OP though, after all he streams his games so no wonder he gets the exaggerated feeling when playing and seeing a tomato dying early

Whether you think the game is worse or not might depend to some extent on the tanks you like to play.  Heavies were given a big boost when they nerfed arty a couple of years back - up till then they didn't last long and mobile tanks were the only way to survive.  Maybe the answer is to buff arty.  

_Signal_ #46 Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51361 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostNitro_Tank, on 06 January 2020 - 05:37 PM, said:

Yeah yeah same old elitist clown show. I bet if everybody was good at the game you'd hate it even more because all of a sudden you can't brag about being oh so great anymore and the only thing giving you some happiness will fade

Yeah I wake up and shout from the open window that I have great stats in WOT, if anything it's the opposite, I rarely tell anyone I play games let alone I'm good at one of them because at my age it's kind of embarassing. Also when is asking for someone to last longer than 2 minutes in a 15 min game being elitest??? I have PUBG but don't play it because I'm bad at it and never got any better ,, shame other people don't follow the same rule kinds sucks being sucky at a game so why would i play it.

Edited by Signal11th, 06 January 2020 - 10:26 PM.

LethalWalou #47 Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 06 January 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

Whether you think the game is worse or not might depend to some extent on the tanks you like to play.  Heavies were given a big boost when they nerfed arty a couple of years back - up till then they didn't last long and mobile tanks were the only way to survive.  Maybe the answer is to buff arty.  

Mostly i'd say i survive without frustration because i consider having higher tolerance for it. I generally like to play games on stupidly high difficulty including simulators and such and avoid making things easy for myself. I play mediums, lights and paper tds in the game. Another key feauture i consider crucual is that i don't surround myself with people who hate the game and constantly whine about it. I avoid such people. I don't spend time in echochambers where if i blamed the team or RNG i would be agreed with right away. Those are truly a dangerous environments and lead to nothing but frustration.

I would hope more people would think about this stuff and recognize the environments they play in. They could possibly become less frustrated and enjoy their time more. As an outsider to some streams for example and as a person who has realized such behaviours it's easy to spot the signs but it's of course harder for those people to spot it themselves.

AXIS_OF_RESISTANCE #48 Posted 06 January 2020 - 10:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7699 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostLethalWalou, on 06 January 2020 - 10:28 PM, said:

Mostly i'd say i survive without frustration because i consider having higher tolerance for it. I generally like to play games on stupidly high difficulty including simulators and such and avoid making things easy for myself. I play mediums, lights and paper tds in the game. Another key feauture i consider crucual is that i don't surround myself with people who hate the game and constantly whine about it. I avoid such people. I don't spend time in echochambers where if i blamed the team or RNG i would be agreed with right away. Those are truly a dangerous environments and lead to nothing but frustration.

I would hope more people would think about this stuff and recognize the environments they play in. They could possibly become less frustrated and enjoy their time more. As an outsider to some streams for example and as a person who has realized such behaviours it's easy to spot the signs but it's of course harder for those people to spot it themselves.

True and real :great:.

apaleytos #49 Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:48 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17153 battles

It is a matter or prospective.OP is good at the game and can see the misplays,all the ugly stuff that ruin his experience.

The average wot player doesn't have a clue how to "read the map",react,even advance without being crossfired to death.Can't spot in LTs,doent know the spotting bushes/runs.What left to do? Camp and try to snipe,in TDs,HTs,MTs even LTs.Worst case scenario there is an easier way...the clickening.Some always blame the teams,other dont really care and be happy just to shoot some tanks before going to bed.

Personally im a returning player after a year and before that it was 2 years etc.I am basically a tourist,playing a month or two before i find something else. Trying to learn the maps again,making mistakes in positioning and how to advance,avoiding playing LTs atm.Learning via trial and error as a 99.9%  solo player.This time im thinking to actually try and improve,playing T8+ but im not sure if the game in the current state worth the effort.

OP find a new game to play/stream or another hobby :)

Edited by apaleytos, 07 January 2020 - 12:48 AM.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #50 Posted 07 January 2020 - 04:02 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38752 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostSignal11th, on 06 January 2020 - 10:22 PM, said:

I have PUBG but don't play it because I'm bad at it and never got any better ,, shame other people don't follow the same rule kinds sucks being sucky at a game so why would i play it.

Because you enjoy it even if you're not necessarily good at it?

I dont get where this idea came from that people should only participate in an activity if they're good enough to do well at it, like there is some minimum bar at which point you're automatically disqualified from being allowed to enjoy it. Games are for everyone, let everyone enjoy them. Yes, even the ones that are [edited]awful at them.

Think how much nicer it would be if players  spent more time worrying about what they're doing and considerably less time what others were. 

1ucky #51 Posted 07 January 2020 - 05:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 95088 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 06 January 2020 - 08:57 PM, said:

too much bad teams

too much stupid maps

it's all crap. BYE.

_Signal_ #52 Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:15 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51361 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 07 January 2020 - 03:02 AM, said:

Because you enjoy it even if you're not necessarily good at it?

I dont get where this idea came from that people should only participate in an activity if they're good enough to do well at it, like there is some minimum bar at which point you're automatically disqualified from being allowed to enjoy it. Games are for everyone, let everyone enjoy them. Yes, even the ones that are [edited]awful at them.

Think how much nicer it would be if players  spent more time worrying about what they're doing and considerably less time what others were. 

Must be a generational thing, I don't get where why you would do something you suck at, what's the point? I enjoy "winning" not taking part, If I'm playing a game and I get rinsed game after game after game I don;t get enjoyment from "taking part" that's just fecking strange/ Must be the competitive side of my nature, If i'm not good at something I don't enjoy it.. I literally see no point in doing it or should I say If after a suitable amount of time has passed I see no improvement I just stop.

Also I said from a personal perspective so that would be me, I accept that in 6/7/8 billion people the world has there might be one or two who's views differ from mine.. funny that, hard to imagine but funny never the less.

Edited by Signal11th, 07 January 2020 - 08:23 AM.

Persekettu #53 Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:40 AM

General

• Player
  • 26599 battles

I actually like the game more now than last year, maybe thanks to the anonymizer.

I always win more during holidays, if the teams are worse. Just don't play as aggressive because of yoloers.

Ceeb #54 Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:41 AM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 35732 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF

View PostSignal11th, on 06 January 2020 - 09:22 PM, said:

Yeah I wake up and shout from the open window that I have great stats in WOT, if anything it's the opposite, I rarely tell anyone I play games let alone I'm good at one of them because at my age it's kind of embarassing. Also when is asking for someone to last longer than 2 minutes in a 15 min game being elitest??? I have PUBG but don't play it because I'm bad at it and never got any better ,, shame other people don't follow the same rule kinds sucks being sucky at a game so why would i play it.

All my friends that are 40+ (cough) play games in one form or the other, we are of the C64, Amiga, Atari, ZX Spectrum generation and that never goes away.   My brother was never into this as a kid, which is why he is struggling with his young kids now, as they want the PS4s and Xboxes that he doesnt understand...  Oh they love their Uncle Ceeb popping round to show thier dad hows its all done.

I'll never be embarressed being a gamer.

07:41 Added after 0 minute

View PostTankkiPoju, on 07 January 2020 - 07:40 AM, said:

I actually like the game more now than last year, maybe thanks to the anonymizer.

I always win more during holidays, if the teams are worse. Just don't play as aggressive because of yoloers.

Totally agree with this, you only have to look at my recents to see this has had a direct impact.

Persekettu #55 Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:53 AM

General

• Player
  • 26599 battles

View PostCeeb, on 07 January 2020 - 08:41 AM, said:

All my friends that are 40+ (cough) play games in one form or the other, we are of the C64, Amiga, Atari, ZX Spectrum generation and that never goes away.   My brother was never into this as a kid, which is why he is struggling with his young kids now, as they want the PS4s and Xboxes that he doesnt understand...  Oh they love their Uncle Ceeb popping round to show thier dad hows its all done.

Same here... and that stuff never goes away. Gamer for life yo.

I bought the entire family an Oculus Quest VR system for Christmas and it's pretty damn amazing. Makes me feel like a kid again even though I just turned 45.

PowJay #56 Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 44043 battles

I haven't read every comment, so forgive me if I have missed a vital point...

From my perspective, I have long ago decided that I would stop grinding six or seven tanks at a time and finally settle down to play and develop some of my favourite vehicles that have always managed to win more than lose. At the very least I can play well enough that the prospect of a positive WR is a lure to keep them, or they otherwise help with mission requirements.

This Christmas, I have (almost) finally stopped grinding, and EVERY SINGLE tank in my garage is either Elite, or FULLY upgraded with a crew that have at least first skill/perk complete. EVERY ONE!

I've played across the tiers from II (since the Tank Rewards event) to X (ONLY for the Tank Rewards event) and I have had some good days, and some AWFUL days. This in my best ever line-up of vehicles. If I have learned anything at all, I should be steadily climbing in WR by now, but I am losing in my favourite mid-tier vehicles as well as having the most pathetic teams in higher tiers.

I do think that my major weakness is that I am good at supporting a reasonable TEAM, but not so great at keeping up with a really good team, nor carrying a poor team reliably and consistently- not helped by the fact that I play a lot of TDs, as I always have.

Recently, in many battles, I have not had a "Team". I have just had a bunch of complete chimps who- even at tier VIII to X- play like they've never seen a battle before. Maybe the loss can be partly blamed on the fact that I am simply not good enough to make up for the deficiencies of others, but the other day we got wiped out 1<15, and only three players on my team had positive WRs. One of these was the M44, who is so team and RNG reliant that it hardly makes a difference. Many players had around 47% or even less WR- (all checked AFTER battle).

I am seeing similar pathetic performance all the way to tier X. LTs who camp. Flanks left WIDE OPEN. Lemming trains stalled at the sight of a couple of enemy meds. It's probably all relative, but my 7-day stats currently show what is pretty usual for me in terms of performance (which is a shame) but with Wn8 of 1332, I have won only 83 from 176 battles.

I will have to see how things are when the current events have ended, but I am taking a break soon.

Edited by PowJay, 07 January 2020 - 09:11 AM.

AeyT #57 Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:21 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 10484 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 05 January 2020 - 07:04 PM, said:

My perception differs from yours.

I see very few stomps. Most seem to be 15-8 or more. 

I also had a battle on ENSK, it was a 15-8 win and 1 of those kills was mine in my bottom tier arty. Not sure what that proves though. 

I'd consider 15-8 to be a stomp but i guess thats just me.

jabster #58 Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:53 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12879 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostSignal11th, on 07 January 2020 - 07:15 AM, said:

Must be a generational thing, I don't get where why you would do something you suck at, what's the point? I enjoy "winning" not taking part, If I'm playing a game and I get rinsed game after game after game I don;t get enjoyment from "taking part" that's just fecking strange/ Must be the competitive side of my nature, If i'm not good at something I don't enjoy it.. I literally see no point in doing it or should I say If after a suitable amount of time has passed I see no improvement I just stop.

Also I said from a personal perspective so that would be me, I accept that in 6/7/8 billion people the world has there might be one or two who's views differ from mine.. funny that, hard to imagine but funny never the less.

I’ve not played PUBG so can’t comment but part of the beauty of WoT, in my opinion, is that due to the format you don’t have to be very good to have games where you do well but it also has enough depth to appeal to more ‘competitive’ players.

For the more general point, I play different PC games for different reasons and currently WoT fits into the slot of almost a relaxing time filler. Fire it up, play of few games of shoot the red tanks and the play something else.

XOR42 #59 Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:59 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24193 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

You are like a very puzzling thing on national enigma day @Signal11th.

The guy who "Loves to hate to love" the game he doesn't fancy playing but will anyway. There must be a whole "Signal Paradox" psychology book out there somewhere or a lot of money to be made by writing one.

Yes, the teams have been decidely special-er™ over the holiday period but I can't really say t bothers me that much. Keep calm and carry on, stiff upper lip old bean and all that. That being said, as we have discussed on your stream multiple times, I play the game quite differently to you.. I prefer to toon for the comraderie and seek it out actively whereas you prefer not to toon - no right or wrong here, just different aspects we are looking for. I'd guess that it's a lot easier to stomach/tolerate bad teams when you are laughing your bum off at the latest farcical game with your toon mates.

TLDR; I understand where you are coming from, but don't experience it to the same degree.

clixor #60 Posted 07 January 2020 - 11:44 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 56374 battles
Teams may be crap, but my winrate every single x-mas period goes through the roof. You just need to adapt and utterly not rely on your teammates for anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users