Opinions on if you think this account is a BOT

BOT

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

ThorgrimBrenadim #1 Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:21 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35557 battles

Ok so just finished a game we lost out top tier heavy a VK 75.01 K sat in the back corner for all of the game that I observed did fire 10 shots no damage no bounces etc etc no spotting nothing.

This player has over 8K games a win rate below 40% hit ratio 10% and an average of just under 150 damage per battle.

Now I know and will not name the player I do not want to give exact stats so as to hopefully ensure they can not be identified so mods if you can show that the player can be identified then please state so and just blank out this post so stats are not shown.

But my question is what are the forum members opinion do you think this is a BOT ? we talk a lot about BOT we have a report option for BOT but could this be a player based BOT a wargaming BOT or just a really really bad player who needs a lot of help ?

My own opinion is this is a wargaming BOT as they have over 100 vehicles just and a lot of premium vehicles I do not know every premium vehicle but just going through the first 40 or so I spotted at least 25 premium vehicles both bought and reward. ( I think the full number will be well in excess of 60 ) It is this sheer number including reward tanks that makes me think this is a wargaming BOT.

Just tried to do a better count on premium/reward vehicles and well over 80 out of just over 100 tanks.

Edited by ThorgrimBrenadim, 05 January 2020 - 02:29 AM.

divsmo #2 Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38353 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
I'm not sure there are WG bots as we have pretty healthy server numbers especially up at tier 8 where you met the player in question and they have been pretty open about using bots on the other servers.
I personally have only met 1 player over the past few months that i was sure was a bot and the main thing that tipped me to it other than the way he played (tier 8 wheelie on fjords went and sat by the water side then didn't move for the whole game but was moving his turret) was the fact his account was only created 6 days before and he had played 1.2k games. Looked more like a player using a bot programme to farm his way up to the ebr105 to me rather than a WG placement.

Takesi #3 Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 29312 battles
  • [G-Z-V] G-Z-V
Well i woud say it's idiot who shoud be banned for ruining games

ThorgrimBrenadim #4 Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35557 battles

The account is well over 6 years old  and Takesi I understand what you say but if it is a player who is really bad then I would rather see them made to play lower tiers and given help to hopefully improve first. If it is someone using a BOT program to farm XP which I am not sure it is due to game count and age of the account then yes I would agree it should be closed.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #5 Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:45 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35287 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 05 January 2020 - 02:21 AM, said:

My own opinion is this is a wargaming BOT as they have over 100 vehicles just and a lot of premium vehicles I do not know every premium vehicle but just going through the first 40 or so I spotted at least 25 premium vehicles both bought and reward. ( I think the full number will be well in excess of 60 ) It is this sheer number including reward tanks that makes me think this is a wargaming BOT.

Why would WG put an AI bot player into your game, then go to the trouble of both manufacturing a fake account for it to pretend it was real in case you decided to check, but at the same time give it terrible stats and 'suspicious' tanks so that when you did check you would think it was an AI? Seriously, use your brain. 

Yaccay #6 Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 36192 battles
  • [4TL] 4TL

I am sure bots play better than this player.

And be sure some people play really really badly. (No offense)

They just enjoy a tank game while they do not care the result.

(Unfortunately that is a problem for the teammates. If you want a proper teammates, then join a clan)

1ucky #7 Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 89475 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL
If WG made bots as good as they can make them, they would play better than average players.

NekoPuffer_PPP #8 Posted 05 January 2020 - 09:45 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 35436 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

I think WG shouldn't sell higher-tier premium tanks to far-below-average (borderline bot) players, like that one. They clearly belong in lower tiers.

You think you can rely on a teammate but they turn out to be useless - frustration goes through the roof. God forbid they're top tier in +2mm, your team's only heavy tank, that's pretty much game lost 80% of the time, at least.

Cobra6 #9 Posted 05 January 2020 - 11:41 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

This game is plagued by players functioning on the mental level of bots, but genuine bots are still rare.

The end result is the same though, lot's of stupid mistakes and camping everywhere while those of us actually playing the game try to salvage the matches.

Still, those humans functioning on the mental levels of a bot program have the potential to improve, so there is a glimmer of hope!

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 05 January 2020 - 11:41 AM.

Nitro_Tank #10 Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 7476 battles

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 05 January 2020 - 08:45 AM, said:

I think WG shouldn't sell higher-tier premium tanks to far-below-average (borderline bot) players, like that one. They clearly belong in lower tiers.

You think you can rely on a teammate but they turn out to be useless - frustration goes through the roof. God forbid they're top tier in +2mm, your team's only heavy tank, that's pretty much game lost 80% of the time, at least.

they don't belong anywhere. Every tier is for every player. Stop excluding people from playing what they like just because you are unable to step into another shoe

24doom24 #11 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8894 battles
  • [WW3] WW3
WG bots are actually decent and are better than a good portion of this games player base.:trollface:

Homer_J #12 Posted 05 January 2020 - 01:14 PM

Field Marshal

• 33127 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 05 January 2020 - 01:21 AM, said:

If it was then don't you think WG are capable of giving it a false stats page.  They could easily just copy paste some pro RU player's stats there.

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 05 January 2020 - 08:45 AM, said:

That would be like Ferrari deciding not to sell cars to footballers.

ThorgrimBrenadim #13 Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35557 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 05 January 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

If it was then don't you think WG are capable of giving it a false stats page.  They could easily just copy paste some pro RU player's stats there.

That would be like Ferrari deciding not to sell cars to footballers.

Looking at other things wargaming are messing up in this game it may well be beyond them to just copy paste good stats.

Your comparison is flawed really as that involves legal requirements of insurance to drive them. So I agree with the person who's post you commented on but in a different way I would still allow them to buy any tank for sale but it is locked till they get to certain level be it on the tec tree or skill level just as a really poor driver who happens to be a really rich footballer might not get insurance to drive the Ferrari they just bought ( well I know a few and they are more than rich enough to hire a driver anyway ).

Homer_J #14 Posted 05 January 2020 - 08:05 PM

Field Marshal

• 33127 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostThorgrimBrenadim, on 05 January 2020 - 06:52 PM, said:

Looking at other things wargaming are messing up in this game it may well be beyond them to just copy paste good stats.

They have bots in WoWP, they have bots in WoT on other servers.  Those bots have no stats.  Why would they have a bot with a stats page just on the EU server?

AIZEN_GUARD #15 Posted 05 January 2020 - 10:31 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24381 battles
  • [GRFIN] GRFIN
he use 50%crew

Also tagged with BOT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users