Spotting is really bad right now, is this some "game bug" or is this meant to be?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

anoh #1 Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9284 battles

In my experience and also other people spotting is really wierd right now, and im really just wondering if this is a feature or something that isnt supposed to be like that. 

Its almost to the point of where im getting tired of playing lights. I just got a really good example so i figured id share it.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5170460#mountain_pass-anoh-panhard_ebr_90

I go to the middle and spot a t54 lwt and he stays withing 30m in my range and then he gets shot and no spotting.'

Id like to hear some thoughts and opionions on this.

(edit, this is ofcourse not a single battle thing, it has happened on several occasions).

Edited by anoh, 05 January 2020 - 03:07 PM.

LethalWalou #2 Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33371 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View Postanoh, on 05 January 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

In my experience and also other people spotting is really wierd right now, and im really just wondering if this is a feature or something that isnt supposed to be like that. 

Its almost to the point of where im getting tired of playing lights. I just got a really good example so i figured id share it.

I go to the middle and spot a t54 lwt and he stays withing 30m in my range and then he gets shot and no spotting.'

(edit, this is ofcourse not a single battle thing, it has happened on several occasions).

The tanks that shot the T54lt spotted it for themselves so of course you don't get assisted damage for spotting as you weren't assisting them by spotting the T54lt

Stevies_Team #3 Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:22 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles

It's not 100% reliable and can do weird things

Yesterday I sat in the middle of a small bush in the middle of the map on Highway in my 90% crew-zero cammo skills+with a net, T7 scorpion and the enemy all trundled past me as they annihilated my team

The very last guy(out of about 7 or 8) a vk30 almost drove into me and it was at that point I got spotted and died v fast

Cammo/view stuff depends on an amazing number of factors and you just have to suck it and see with each type of tank

GL

anoh #4 Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:25 PM

Private

• Player
  • 9284 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 05 January 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

The tanks that shot the T54lt spotted it for themselves so of course you don't get assisted damage for spotting as you weren't assisting them by spotting the T54lt

yeah i was just wondering if it was a feature. But i still feel like it does wierd things 

azakow #5 Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84567 battles

View PostStevies_Team, on 05 January 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

Yesterday I sat in the middle of a small bush in the middle of the map on Highway in my 90% crew-zero cammo skills+with a net, T7 scorpion and the enemy all trundled past me as they annihilated my team

The very last guy(out of about 7 or 8) a vk30 almost drove into me and it was at that point I got spotted and died v fast

Cammo/view stuff depends on an amazing number of factors and you just have to suck it and see with each type of tank

GL

I understand spotting mechanics are not reliable.

What a nonsens.

LethalWalou #6 Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33371 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostStevies_Team, on 05 January 2020 - 02:22 PM, said:

GL

Firstly, you seem to lack knowledge of the spotting and camo mechanics if you find things acting weird. Secondly, OP's problem was that he wasn't getting spotting assistance when he thought he should, and that is explained by the fact that the tanks that shot were spotting for themselves.

View Postanoh, on 05 January 2020 - 02:25 PM, said:

yeah i was just wondering if it was a feature. But i still feel like it does wierd things 

It is a feature and the concept should be easy to understand. You only get assisted damage done if you are actually assisting. If a tank spots for themselves and does damage, no one else is going to benefit from that because by definition, the tank didn't require assistance and was able to spot and shoot themselves. If you have other things you think are weird, then asking is a good start.

PS. Thank you for actually adding the replay to your post because it helped understanding the issue and explaining what happened. Unfortunately we rarely get replays and the OPs often are left with no understanding what happened because people can't help.

shikaka9 #7 Posted 05 January 2020 - 03:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 73741 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
meant to be, fantasy mechanics always goes to hell

Statine #8 Posted 05 January 2020 - 04:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 31688 battles
  • [ELC3K] ELC3K
We don't know exactly how spotting mechanics are programmed. There probably are many nuances but as far as I can tell spotter is only guarantee to get full spotting damage value if at the moment damage is done you are directly spotting enemy and nobody else spotting him. If the moment damage is done you are not directly spotting enemy and/or friendly tanks are in line of sight where they spot it even if you lit that tank first - no quarantee you get full or part assit damage

Fansadox #9 Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:09 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12094 battles

The servers are a mess with constant lag and what not. Last few days had multiple incidents where i got spotted when there was nothing around.

WG acts off course like there is nothing going on

NUKLEAR_SLUG #10 Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35287 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View PostFansadox, on 05 January 2020 - 05:09 PM, said:

The servers are a mess with constant lag and what not. Last few days had multiple incidents where i got spotted when there was nothing around.

No, that's you getting spotted by something you didn't know was there. Unless of course you have some proof to back up your claim?

Fansadox #11 Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:21 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12094 battles

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 05 January 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

No, that's you getting spotted by something you didn't know was there. Unless of course you have some proof to back up your claim?

Their were only a few enemies left and all lit up on the other side of the map. So thats why i am sure the mechanics are behaving weird lately

azakow #12 Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:22 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84567 battles

View PostFansadox, on 05 January 2020 - 05:21 PM, said:

Their were only a few enemies left and all lit up on the other side of the map. So thats why i am sure the mechanics are behaving weird lately

The inevitable response is: Replay or it did not happen.

LethalWalou #13 Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:58 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33371 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostFansadox, on 05 January 2020 - 04:09 PM, said:

No, this is just a case of you not understanding the mechanics... And can we get a replay?

Fansadox #14 Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:06 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12094 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 05 January 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

No, this is just a case of you not understanding the mechanics... And can we get a replay?

I dont have a replay. No more then the game files more then enough WG junk. I dont understand the mechanics lawl. Whatever fanboys carry on.

LethalWalou #15 Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33371 battles
  • [RSOP] RSOP

View PostFansadox, on 05 January 2020 - 05:06 PM, said:

I dont have a replay. No more then the game files more then enough WG junk. 

Well of course you don't have the replays. What a surprise. Did you know that anything weird you think happens stops happening when you start saving your replays.

Block Quote

I dont understand the mechanics lawl. Whatever fanboys carry on.

Yes, I can confidently say that you do not understand the mechanics. You are suggesting that there were no enemies nowhere near you and you got spotted. That clearly is not supposed to happen as that's not how the mechanics work. Conclusion, you don't understand the mechanics. Better start saving those replays from now on or are you gonna keep on making nonsense claims and calling others ''fanboys''?

Porc0_Ross0 #16 Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 66067 battles
  • [-CCI-] -CCI-

View Postanoh, on 05 January 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

Campers complained so much, whined so much and cried so much that WG made arty and spotters useless. Both by just changing the artillery game play and adjusting the map to make spotting almost impossible.
Amen.

ps. which I understand as campers, being the least capable players, must also be the higher spenders. :)

Edited by Porc0_Ross0, 05 January 2020 - 06:19 PM.

Fansadox #17 Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:20 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12094 battles

View PostLethalWalou, on 05 January 2020 - 06:11 PM, said:

Well of course you don't have the replays. What a surprise. Did you know that anything weird you think happens stops happening when you start saving your replays.

Yes, I can confidently say that you do not understand the mechanics. You are suggesting that there were no enemies nowhere near you and you got spotted. That clearly is not supposed to happen as that's not how the mechanics work. Conclusion, you don't understand the mechanics. Better start saving those replays from now on or are you gonna keep on making nonsense claims and calling others ''fanboys''?

Sure what a surprise! Maybe some people unlike you dont want more and more garbage on their pc but thats not the point.

And the rest i not even gonna reply because you have one goal and thats to fanboy as much as possible and try to talk other people down like they dont know.

Like i said before and i will repeat the spotting mechanics have been acting weird lately. Im not the game designer so i couldnt tell where the problem lies and thats not my job WG are the ones in that area.

Stevies_Team #18 Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles

View PostFansadox, on 05 January 2020 - 05:09 PM, said:

I've had that as well, there's deffo nowt about and... ping!

But most of the time there's a sneaky little chit in a cammo'd up cockroach tank somewhere in the vicinity

I will use solid cover and get a line of sight to his whereabouts, testing for that ping

edit: The hardest ones to find have a sticky-up aerial on the turret which seems to work for spotting but is highly resistant to being spotted

Edited by Stevies_Team, 05 January 2020 - 06:23 PM.

Fansadox #19 Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:23 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 12094 battles
Waiste of time

Edited by Fansadox, 05 January 2020 - 06:37 PM.

Stevies_Team #20 Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15765 battles

In the incident with my zero skills scorpion my eyes were popping, I couldn't believe it as half a tank army on a roflstomp and baying for blood drove right past me

It's just one of these things, most of the time the game is predictable

Edited by Stevies_Team, 05 January 2020 - 06:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users