Do we want or need a crew skill rework?

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

Poll: Crew Skills Rework (167 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do we need or want one?

1. Yes (67 votes [40.12%])

Percentage of vote: 40.12%

2. No (100 votes [59.88%])

Percentage of vote: 59.88%

Vote Hide poll

Suurpolskija #41 Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24656 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI
There's a lot of perks and skills that are pretty much never used. 

It's appropriate to look into those and see if you can add new, more interesting and useful ones. 

TungstenHitman #42 Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:22 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34155 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

It depends on what they have planed so it's hard to say or not. A lot of the current skills are useful, a small portion are not and could stand to go or be altered, others skills/perks can stand to be spread better between crew types since some crew appear to have too few skill/perk options while another type has too many useful skills/perks which are realistically never going to get selected until that crewman is on 4 or 5 skills so are badly distributed, also, some new skill could be added for sure just to keep things fresh.

That said, all I would look for is that the really sensible bread and butter skills remain and at their current potency such as repairs, camo and BiA with a side order of the view range skills since many tanks only touch the maximum view range with those view range skills and BiA so if they were reduced or removed, suddenly tanks with 445+- view range could be reduced to 420 and that would be unacceptable. What would make me a bit salty about all this is, while I would like a level playing field of sorts and I definitely want 6th sense for all players as standard default, the truth is it has taken me my ENTIRE battle count and countless amounts of crew training to get my crews as good as they are today so I would be really REALLY pis*sed off if suddenly all that counted for little or was lost in translation or not reimbursed like for like with a new crew skill offering. 

Neronux #43 Posted 06 January 2020 - 06:26 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25828 battles
  • [_FOG_] _FOG_
just this not need we get a new crew system in 120day

Edited by AIZEN_GUARD, 06 January 2020 - 06:28 PM.

rakamaka #44 Posted 07 January 2020 - 09:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24434 battles
Crew system does not need a rework, but it would benefit from an upgrade or a little tweaking. Too many skills and perks are useless, at least in nowadays meta. Just add some skills/perks, remove some of them, or leave them there, it does not matter. Skill distribution between crew members should not be too commander oriented. With a small crew, the skill/perk distribution should be bit more open. For example, if the crew does not have dedicated radio operator, let the player decide, what crew member takes it's place. Lets say a loader takes radio op place, so after that only that loader can develop radio op skills/perks and so on. It does not need to be fixed from the get go, let us decide.
Other than that, i kinda like the system how it is now.
Of course, i don not know, what the rework is all about, so maybe, it will be a good one, but i seriously doubt it.

Quint_Gen #45 Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:39 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21476 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 05 January 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

I have never come across any other organisation with such an extraordinary ability to start with what is adequate and "improve" it to make it worse.

You have led a lucky and sheltered life.

Edited by Quint_Gen, 07 January 2020 - 05:47 PM.

ValkyrionX_TV #46 Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:09 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• 58701 battles

sgtYester #47 Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:14 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 60469 battles
  • [RANGF] RANGF

View Post24doom24, on 05 January 2020 - 09:51 PM, said:

If they are gonna change it they are going to have to figure out a good way to refund us all the xp and gold spent on crews. 

agreed,

the xp wont be a problem but the amount of gold i spent on retraining in 8 years of playing... i dont see how or even if they will compensate for that.

TheNightFox #48 Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12431 battles

View Posttajj7, on 06 January 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

Yes as both crew skills and equipment are extremely limited, for most tanks their is a right way of setting them up using the same equipment and crew skills than most tanks have. 

A re-work (if done correctly) should allow players more options to create 'builds' for different roles and playstyles without their being an obvious 'best' way of setting up a tank. 

There are 4 dominant equipment pieces - V-stab, rammer, optics and vents.

And a very limited set of dominant crew skills - SS, BIA, camo, repairs, view range skills, safe stowage, and pretty much most of the rest are a much of muchness. 

I think you're right, there's the problem, and there's a nice idea (creating custom builds). Though I think most people are anxious about this rework not because they are in love with the current system (which is old and boring, but because they are afraid that they're going to lose out in this deal. WG promises that they are going to transfer current crew XP to the new system, and of course they will, otherwise only batshit crazy people would keep playing this game. Trouble is though that they've got this habit of adding X plus Y minus Z multiplied by W, in other words they make complicated changes, that have a silver line written all over, and that silver line writes: you need to pay more, also your grind is far from over. You know this game and company quite well, you don't need me to break down in details how that has happened before. What are your thoughts about this?

TheNightFox #49 Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12431 battles

View PostsgtYester, on 07 January 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

agreed,

the xp wont be a problem but the amount of gold i spent on retraining in 8 years of playing... i dont see how or even if they will compensate for that.

It's going to be interesting to find out how they are going to treat 0-skill BiA crews. Some people bought tanks, some people spent fame points, in other words they invested a lot of effort to have full 0-skill BiA crews.

killer999death #50 Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28071 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

View PostHomer_J, on 06 January 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

A 90% crew gives you more like 95% of everything (reload time, view range, etc.) It's really not that much of a disadvantage.

When I start a new line and don't have crews for it it means I buy 80% crew, at low tiers I unlock the next tank before crew reaches 100%, so to about tier 7 I have a crew which has 0 skills, not even 6th sense. Why? Because I can't affort to spend money on retraining with gold and don't have a premium tank to train crew in it. 

Now imagine new players who have no idea about crew. They are at a disadvantage with crew, disadvantage with a stock tank and disadvantage with less knowladge of the game compared to regular players.

If it were in my power I'd negate the crew and stock tank disadvantage for everyone, it's just stupid.

Cobra6 #51 Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:13 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16625 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Crew system is actually really good the way it is now, the more experience you have playing (a certain) tank(s), the more perks you get.

There are a number of useless skills that can go but overall, it's working nicely.

I suggest adding a good skill to the loader outside of safe stowage, but other then that it's working fine and doesn't need changing.

Additionally, on tanks with less crew (like the French lights), it needs to be possible to get the same amount of crew skills with the same amount of battles/xp as on other tanks, so crews on these 3 man tanks need to train up faster to compensate for there only being 3 instead of 4-5

You have:

6th sense

Gunnery skills

BiA

Viewrange skills

Safe Stowage

Besides camo and repairs.

More then enough skills to choose from without making it impossible to get all of them in due time. As I said, working fine.

Cobra 6

Edited by Cobra6, 07 January 2020 - 02:16 PM.

DangerMouse #52 Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 32564 battles
  • [FLOG] FLOG
I have some full girl crews will i get the extra girls back to use in other tanks?

rakamaka #53 Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:45 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24434 battles

View PostCobra6, on 07 January 2020 - 01:13 PM, said:

Additionally, on tanks with less crew (like the French lights), it needs to be possible to get the same amount of crew skills with the same amount of battles/xp as on other tanks, so crews on these 3 man tanks need to train up faster to compensate for there only being 3 instead of 4-5

yup, they could make so, that a crew member, that has multiple roles would get 2 or 3 times the crew exp, depending on how many roles he/she fills. If the commander is also the radio op, he/she would get 2x exp. If he/she is a radio op and a gunner, he gets 3x and so on.
Just exchange some useless perks/skills with new and useful ones and the system would be good. Or just add some new skills/perks. No need to rework the whole system.
I hope, that the drive behind the system rework is not so it could be moneytized better:)

azakow #54 Posted 07 January 2020 - 02:49 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 89791 battles

@cobra

crew training xp earned is divided equally to the crew members at current. Hence less crew members more training xp to each crew member.

The problem with FR crews is that the commander has Commander, RO, and Loader role, which causes dificulties in gaining the required skills.

my amx 1390 crew has about 5k+ matches at 99% of 7th skill

my wz-132 crew just completed 7th skill at 10k matches only

both are regular crews

13:54 Added after 5 minute

View Postkiller999death, on 07 January 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

When I start a new line and don't have crews for it it means I buy 80% crew, at low tiers I unlock the next tank before crew reaches 100%, so to about tier 7 I have a crew which has 0 skills, not even 6th sense. Why? Because I can't affort to spend money on retraining with gold and don't have a premium tank to train crew in it. 

Now imagine new players who have no idea about crew. They are at a disadvantage with crew, disadvantage with a stock tank and disadvantage with less knowladge of the game compared to regular players.

If it were in my power I'd negate the crew and stock tank disadvantage for everyone, it's just stupid.

Been there, done that.

Please take the view of a business men, then this is not stupid at all. - WG is still a business and not someone to fill your fridge free in all aspects.

rakamaka #55 Posted 07 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 24434 battles

View Postazakow, on 07 January 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

@cobra

crew training xp earned is divided equally to the crew members at current. Hence less crew members more training xp to each crew member.

really? i always knew it was something like that: you get 1000 exp from you game, so 1000 exp goes to your crew as well, 1000 per nose, no matter, how many there are.

Cobra6 #56 Posted 07 January 2020 - 03:08 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 16625 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

View Postazakow, on 07 January 2020 - 01:49 PM, said:

@cobra

That is weird because my French crews seem to be training *slower* then other nations when it's a 3 man tank.

I also thought that you get X amount of crew XP from a game and every crew member gets that X amount of XP.

Cobra 6

mpf1959 #57 Posted 07 January 2020 - 03:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 40528 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
I would sooner they spend the time and effort in stopping the camera flying up into the air (so you cant shoot the enemy) when you are by a high structure etc, that would be an improvement! 

Vukila #58 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41455 battles
This poll is wrong. I think that most of the people wouldnt mind changing or adding a few crew skills, but nobody wants the WoWs commander system. if those two questions were separated, the results would be much different. 

24doom24 #59 Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:44 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 9823 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View PostVukila, on 08 January 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

This poll is wrong. I think that most of the people wouldnt mind changing or adding a few crew skills, but nobody wants the WoWs commander system. if those two questions were separated, the results would be much different. 

make your own poll then.

View PostTheNightFox, on 07 January 2020 - 11:53 AM, said:

It's going to be interesting to find out how they are going to treat 0-skill BiA crews. Some people bought tanks, some people spent fame points, in other words they invested a lot of effort to have full 0-skill BiA crews.

Yes and also all the many thousands of people who spent real money on loot boxes to get a commander. 

killer999death #60 Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 28071 battles
  • [JHS] JHS

View Postazakow, on 07 January 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

Been there, done that.

Please take the view of a business men, then this is not stupid at all. - WG is still a business and not someone to fill your fridge free in all aspects.

That's not business, it's called whaling.

WG can earn more than enough cash by selling premium tanks, controversial gamble boxes, premium time and other things such as cosmetics-camos.

To punish people for not paying with money to perform worse in the game is not a good business practice.  Next they will put timers on your tanks, you can play 1 battle per hour but if you pay 50 gold you can play it again right away. Wargaming would do it someone just needs to write it on the whiteboard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users