Selling error - barracks error in 2020 still a thing - misleading error message

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

FizzlePopBerryTwist #1 Posted 06 January 2020 - 01:31 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31554 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

Having played for a while you may end up with full barracks, due to rentals disappearing or just you want to keep the crew. Either way, this is a creeping process you are often not aware of.

This in return will cause the error "UNABLE TO SELL TANK" .. despite putting in the right sell amount and 'dismiss crew' ... (and not hitting the 5 tanks sell limit) 

This happens because the crew of the tank will always be sent to your barracks first (no matter if you dismiss try to them!) and only THEN disappear.

... so without this temporary buffer, they can't leave the tank -> and the tank, therefore, can not be sold since the crew is stuck inside.

(it's pretty much the same backward logic which keeps my tank trash, despite having just earned 150.000$ , which covers the bill 3 times... first, try to do something, THAN check the resources => failure)

tYDlhlK.jpg

SZJZjbB.jpg

I just now helped this returning player. Also did so last year i think 3 times? (those are the ones i happened to see upon login, many more i probably never heard about since i don't hang around in the chat much)

Thing is (as you see) most players don't know the issue. The first reaction is the "rule of 5 vehicles per day" (which has its own error message) or "wrong amount" (which too has its own error) , while "not enough barracks" (does just give you a CANNOT SELL TANK as an error message)

FIX THE TEXT OF THE ERROR. 

For me, it is a bug, since the player wants to dismiss the crew, yet the player's barracks are used temporarily anyway, instead of buffering elsewhere before deleting. 

Since wargaming never bothered to fix the bug [i know it for about 3yrs] (since it might cost an hour of work),

the most sense (aka least effort necessary) would be to REPLACE THE ERROR TEXT from "Cannot sell" to "Cannot sell- empty barracks" ...

Done!

This will "solve" the issue permanent in less than 5 minutes.

@WG just make me a good offer already ;p

Edited by FizzlePopBerryTwist, 06 January 2020 - 01:36 PM.

Balc0ra #2 Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:22 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
As I've not seen the same issue. And going by past "bugs"... You running any mod packs that might interfere and cause it? Since that's 5 out 10 bugs alone here.

_Patrol #3 Posted 06 January 2020 - 03:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Community Contributor
  • 41350 battles
  • [AW-LE] AW-LE

View PostFizzlePopBerryTwist, on 06 January 2020 - 01:31 PM, said:

FIX THE TEXT OF THE ERROR. 

For me, it is a bug, since the player wants to dismiss the crew, yet the player's barracks are used temporarily anyway, instead of buffering elsewhere before deleting.

Exactly m8.

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 January 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

Since that's 5 out 10 bugs alone here.

No!

Posted Image

How to resolve error "Please make sure that the vehicle is not in any tactical unit or try again later".

Posted Image

This error is being caused by having an overfull barracks.

In order to correct this error you will need to remove any excess crewmen until the number of crewment in your barracks is equal to or less than the number of available bunks.

Click barracks and dismiss unnecessary tankers.

Posted Image

Posted Image

source > http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/725906-i-cannot-sell-my-vehicles/page__pid__17337914#entry17337914

Edited by _Patrol, 06 January 2020 - 04:05 PM.

FizzlePopBerryTwist #4 Posted 06 January 2020 - 09:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31554 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

Ahem. I literally said that.

Does it change the misleading message? No.

Does the issue (the misleading message) remain, yes.

So...

FizzlePopBerryTwist #5 Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 31554 battles
  • [FIM] FIM

Mq2j1gb.jpg

Another day, another mislead player.

He too was informed that the "tactical unit" error means LACKING BARRACKS SPACE. 

... glad we talked about this. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users