Jump to content


The big WV (Wheeled Vehicles) discussion thread

wheeled vehicle WV wheelies wheelchairs

  • Please log in to reply
4060 replies to this topic

Homer_J #81 Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:35 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 34160 battles
  • 39,294
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postazakow, on 20 January 2020 - 09:28 AM, said:

:facepalm:

 

You are going to have to elucidate.

 

Enhanced lock on fails more often than it succeeds. Especially at short ranges when you would be better off with the regular lock on.



8126Jakobsson #82 Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:36 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 85522 battles
  • 6,310
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014
EBR 105 and 75 are perhaps a bit "too" good (in the world of lights, that is). Wouldn't really mind if they gave the class normal auto-aim and lower HE pen, but the 75 is a premium so I guess that one is immune.  

azakow #83 Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:39 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 90961 battles
  • 5,711
  • Member since:
    05-23-2011

View PostHomer_J, on 20 January 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

 

You are going to have to elucidate.

 

Enhanced lock on fails more often than it succeeds. Especially at short ranges when you would be better off with the regular lock on.

I am used to AA when regular LTIng

WVing AA is really cool and does give you an advantage. Arguing it fails at close ranges is simply not anything to argue about when it comes OPness, rather than a case of PEBCAK.



Homer_J #84 Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:42 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 34160 battles
  • 39,294
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Postazakow, on 20 January 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

I am used to AA when regular LTIng

WVing AA is really cool and does give you an advantage. Arguing it fails at close ranges is simply not anything to argue about when it comes OPness, rather than a case of PEBCAK.

 

It fails more often than it locks on.  The only time it is anyway near reliable is at long range.  They did improve it a bit but I would still rather have the regular autoaim.



Ceeb #85 Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:43 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 35800 battles
  • 6,742
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

 

Plus it's always been a learn to play issue, they have clear strengths and weaknesses, clear counterplay, if people can't deal with them its on them.  Also from my experience playing them and playing in games, most people actually can deal with them, seeing as the vast majority of WVs I see trying to yolo around die in the first minute, and the rare ones that don't are because a bad team let's them. The successful WVs I see in game are played cautiously and smartly, not throwing their vehicle away. 

 

Yeah, I get what you say about certain things go unanswered. Like WVs not flipping (take the Evan 90 for example) you run around and clip a small rock you are in your side/back. The WVs get away with that, they get away with a lot of moves NO other tank in the game can make.

 

They are too fast. I realise this is an arcade game but come on, not even you can defend it.

 

Give them the same physics as every other tank then if you are still as good zipping around at 70+  then you deserve to be able to drive the tanks.

 

This Forum is a small very small sample of players,  and the general concencious is that they have a negative impact on the game, even WG said they are controversal.   And if they arent OP why are people playing then over every other light in the game.



tajj7 #86 Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:50 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31150 battles
  • 18,798
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View Postazakow, on 20 January 2020 - 09:39 AM, said:

I am used to AA when regular LTIng

WVing AA is really cool and does give you an advantage. Arguing it fails at close ranges is simply not anything to argue about when it comes OPness, rather than a case of PEBCAK.

 

I agree with Homer, it's wonky at closer ranges and is nothing like auto-aim+ that I used back in the day.  



Tankistu #87 Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 33838 battles
  • 734
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 09:33 AM, said:

 

Considering the vast majority of players who attempt that in EBRs die over and over yes, pretty much that. 

 

As exampled by the guy who tried to yolo every game ending up with like a 40% win rate, plenty of people seemed able to hit him. 

 

Bad teams happen, but really its not that hard to hit EBRs especially with most tier 10 meds and heavies and the excellent gun handling and shell velocity most of those people have, if people are having issue with it then it's a problem in the chair. Hell I even see FV4005s hit them, showing it really is not hard, predict, pre-aim and time it, they have 1.3k HP, that is barely 3 shots from tier 10 meds/heavies. 

 

 

You mean 3 hits... You'll probably use more than 3 shots to get those 3 hits. And 2 of those hits will be criticals. WV will use repair kits and drive off. Meanwhile since you focused on the WV, you get several direct hits from enemy tanks and/or arty. And the WV is still alive and running around. Battle ruined. GG 



Gremlin182 #88 Posted 20 January 2020 - 10:56 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 69006 battles
  • 10,953
  • Member since:
    04-18-2012

From the point of view of a forumite it really makes no difference to me whether there is one single pinned thread for a subject or dozens of them.

You go to the one pinned thread which has page after page of messages some pro some con some helpful others general whining and many many many stating and restating exactly the same points "true or not" again and again.

No one is going to take the time to read them all.

 

Still not having much of a problem with them and certainly do not meet them every game.

Finding the EBR 90 a bit of a challenge to play probably needs a younger or better player than myself.



tajj7 #89 Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:18 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31150 battles
  • 18,798
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostCeeb, on 20 January 2020 - 09:43 AM, said:

 

Yeah, I get what you say about certain things go unanswered. Like WVs not flipping (take the Evan 90 for example) you run around and clip a small rock you are in your side/back. The WVs get away with that, they get away with a lot of moves NO other tank in the game can make.

 

They are too fast. I realise this is an arcade game but come on, not even you can defend it.

 

Give them the same physics as every other tank then if you are still as good zipping around at 70+  then you deserve to be able to drive the tanks.

 

This Forum is a small very small sample of players,  and the general concencious is that they have a negative impact on the game, even WG said they are controversal.   And if they arent OP why are people playing then over every other light in the game.

 

The physics I agree on, though they can flip, I had to to be helped up from my side just the other day, and they can damage themselves at high speed, but I will agree they are a little more forgiving in that regard than lights are. Though I'd prefer that that ability was given to lights than vice versa, much like the improve lock on.

 

I don't agree they are too fast, their speed is a product of powercreep that had made previous lights at 60-70ph unable to do what they used to be able to do and dodge fire/be hard to hit through mobility. Chaffees, T-50-2, ELC etc. used to be able to dodge hits like WVs do, through their mobility, it's just everything they faced was slower, with slower turret traverses, worse gun handling, slower shells, less spotting checks etc.  Because we now have IS-7s with amazing snap shot ability, lots of heavies that go 50-60kph, lots of mediums that go 60-70kph, amazing gun handling, 1,700 m/s shell velocities, better internet, faster spotting checks then their speed is needed to overcome that.

 

You used to be able to take a fast tank and drive through a gap and your tank wouldn't be spotted by the enemy until you had safely crossed the gap, that is no longer true so inevitable speed had to go up for mobility to be a true factor again to avoiding fire.

 

They aren't OP, that is a simple fact, not sure they are even that popular but they are being played, especially at higher tier because the other tier 10 lights are just bad and have been since they were introduced, if the other tier 10 lights didn't have tier 8 firepower and had more view range than other tier 10s, like they had on the Sandbox server you'd see more of them.

 

On sandbox the Rhm. had 390 alpha, way more DPM than it has now, IIRC better accuracy than it has now and had 440m BASE view range.  But they nerfed it before released because reasons and the tier 10 lights have struggled ever since, all they are is slightly faster than the meds but with terrible weak guns, no armour, low HP and no better view range than the tier 10 meds and heavies, its no real surprise they don't compete. The EBR 105 has to have extreme mobility to make it useful against its poor view range, paper armour, weak gun, low HP. 

 

The tier 10 lights get nothing for their no armour, weak guns, and low HP. 

 

 

View PostTankistu, on 20 January 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

 

You mean 3 hits... You'll probably use more than 3 shots to get those 3 hits. And 2 of those hits will be criticals. WV will use repair kits and drive off. Meanwhile since you focused on the WV, you get several direct hits from enemy tanks and/or arty. And the WV is still alive and running around. Battle ruined. GG 

 

'You'll' no I don't, I don't have much issue hitting them unless they are like at 300m+, if they yolo I get my damage in most of the time, so don't speak for others.

 

And if you have allowed yourself to get shot from several other tanks then you have positioned yourself poorly, use terrain, concealment and cover, don't shoot at them sitting in the open and then blame the WV, that is dumb play from you and you just fed them easy spotting damage. 

 

 

View PostGremlin182, on 20 January 2020 - 09:56 AM, said:

Finding the EBR 90 a bit of a challenge to play probably needs a younger or better player than myself.

 

That is because it's really not very good, you go from tier 8 to tier 9 but essentially have the same gun, with poor 240 alpha, poor pen and poor DPM. You also only get 5 kph more speed and 20m more view range.

 

The only 'good' WVs really IMO are the tier 8 premium and the tier 10, the tech tree tier 8 and 9 are weak IMO and seemed only geared to be a painful grind for the tier 10. 



Grimmx__ #90 Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3333 battles
  • 186
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

Shhhh nobody knows Wv are just as tox!c for the game as arty is.

If we keep it here in this thread, nobody will notice!

 

Its a sekrit! :bush:

 

 

 

10:29 Added after 5 minute

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

 

That is because it's really not very good, you go from tier 8 to tier 9 but essentially have the same gun, with poor 240 alpha, poor pen and poor DPM. You also only get 5 kph more speed and 20m more view range.

 

The only 'good' WVs really IMO are the tier 8 premium and the tier 10, the tech tree tier 8 and 9 are weak IMO and seemed only geared to be a painful grind for the tier 10. 

 

The problem isnt if its OP or not, or if its only good when good People drive it.

 

The problem is that i can be spotted 5 sec into the game IN MY SLOW HEAVY OUT IN THE OPEN by an EBR.

 

You cant use lights anymore reliably.

And any scrublord can yolo around doing 90 kmph in a TANK game, doing crazy Things that shouldnt be alowed in a TANK game.

It ruins ALL IMERSION this game had left.

And it opens up the game for People "playing for fun"....and its NOT A GOOD THING, because it ruins the game for everyone else.

 

Then the autoaim issue, and the fact that some can even passive scout quite good.

Then the Wheels of godly protection.

 

New and refreshing? ffs.

Its a joke and WG is a joke as well.

 

This post will scroll back and not be read anymore because who really goes through this thread as it gets bigger?

This forum is heavily moderated for a reason.:sceptic:

 

 


Edited by Oldtanker68, 20 January 2020 - 11:39 AM.


_Signal_ #91 Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:40 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 51836 battles
  • 7,098
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
Have to say I don't like them and I don't think they are great for the gameplay to have them in. I think something else said it, I would rather see 3 arties in a game than 3 of these. As I said when they were first touted, content for contents sake. WG keep banging on about fixing/balancing gameplay and MM's yet contiune to add tanks that break it even more.

Edited by Signal11th, 20 January 2020 - 11:42 AM.


tajj7 #92 Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31150 battles
  • 18,798
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostOldtanker68, on 20 January 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

 

The problem is that i can be spotted 5 sec into the game IN MY SLOW HEAVY OUT IN THE OPEN by an EBR.

 

If you can be spotted in 5s (you can't but let's go with your wild claim for the moment) then you can get spotted in 7s by a same tier light and it makes no practical difference.

 

IF you have then taken a bad route to wherever you are going and allow yourself to get shot at, then that is your poor play and you have no one else to blame, pretty much all routes these days to flanks WG has given dips and cover to hide behind, like on Lakeville, and in almost every other cases you will be out of render range to most other tanks anyway.

 

At higher tiers the lights go 70kph with similar hp/ton, so a 85kph or 95kph vehicle is not going to get to the same spot that much faster, AND the WV has around 80-100m less effective view range, so the light will spot EARLIER, meaning a light and WV rushing to an early spotting bush, there is no real meaningful difference to what gets spotted when.

 

I can rush to the mid ridge on Prohk with a TVP and get there and spot slow heavies crossing the railway tracks, and then put 1.4k damage into them in 4.5s, I have done this many times, most fast meds that are 60-65kph top speed can do that on that map and catch people out, no one seems to complain about that.

 

You cant use lights anymore reliably.

 

Utter rubbish, I can , many others can, if you are facing a WV it's really not hard to avoid rushing around auto-aiming them in the open and playing like an idiot. Instead engage the brain, use your superior view range, find a slightly further back spotting position that has an escape route, outspot them at range, shoot them from cover and concealment, light them up for your team and they will die or lose enough HP to fall back. 

 

And any scrublord can yolo around doing 90 kmph in a TANK game, doing crazy Things that shouldnt be alowed in a TANK game.

 

And any scrublord can yolo around doing stupid things in any tank in a 'TANK game' and bad players will let them do it, I had a game recently where a Bulldog, one of the largest and easy to hit lights drove around in our base for like 2 minutes, killed all our arty and lit up half the team, they did it because our team was terrible and WOTs is full of terrible players.

 

People drive across the field on Malinovka in T95s and Maus etc. and when they face inept enemies, it can work.

 

The simple fact though is that people trying to do this in WVs consistently fail and die most of the time.  As shown by the accounts that admit to playing this way, then then produce bot like WRs and WN8, like the youtuber Claus Kellerman who despite being a statistically above average player, when trying to get just 3 cherry picked replays of him going through the base and killing arty, had to play over 150 games in the tier 9 and 10 ebrs, and ended up with red WN8 and WR on the vehicles. 

 

 

 

It ruins ALL IMERSION this game had left.

 

​Ha Ha 'immersion'? In an arcade tank game with hit points, instantly repairing tracks, real time satellite view WW2 artillery, fantasy tanks, with no infantry, aircraft, on tiny maps engaging each other at sub 100m? This game had no immersion full stop, what a nonsense argument, no one ever has played this game for realism or accurate WW2 tank warfare. 

 

Also the EBRs are a lot more real than a lot of tanks in the game, they were built and used in decent numbers.  Yet we hilariously have people clamouring for the complete fantasy and absurd looking Waffle E100 to come back into the game. 

 

 

And it opens up the game for People "playing for fun"....and its NOT A GOOD THING, because it ruins the game for everyone else.

 

Does it? Doesn't ruin my fun, doesn't seem to ruin the fun of many others, there seem to be thousands of players playing every day that seem fine with it and are still playing and not complaining. 

 

Then the autoaim issue, and the fact that some can even passive scout quite good.

 

There is no 'auto-aim' issue, it's the same auto-aim as the one every tank in the game has, except at longer ranges it locks on slightly easier. 

 

Nor are they 'quite good' at passive spotting, unless heavy tanks are 'quite good' at passive spotting, they have bad base view range and can't use binos. 

 

Then the Wheels of godly protection.

 

:facepalm: You mean the wheels that people hit, with no armour hitbox behind and don't do damage just like EVERY OTHER EXTERNAL MODULE IN THE GAME? Same old myth rubbish perpetuated over and over and over.

 

It's a game mechanic, learn it and shut up.

 

I have yet to see one replay or video or experiment of someone hitting an EBR in the wheel WITH an armour hitbox behind and not doing damage, maybe you'll be the first.....:rolleyes:

 

New and refreshing? ffs.

Its a joke and WG is a joke as well.

 

No posts like yours are the real joke, full of myths and ignorance and just whines basically. 

 

This post will scroll back and not be read anymore because who really goes through this thread as it gets bigger?

This forum is heavily moderated for a reason.:sceptic:

 

LOL, a tinfoil hat conspiracy point to just add the cherry of the top. 

 

No posts like yours get ignored rightly because they lack any coherent argument or reasoning, lack evidence, are full of ignorance and confirmation bias. 

 

 


Edited by tajj7, 20 January 2020 - 12:05 PM.


Tankistu #93 Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 33838 battles
  • 734
  • Member since:
    03-14-2011

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

 

'You'll' no I don't, I don't have much issue hitting them unless they are like at 300m+, if they yolo I get my damage in most of the time, so don't speak for others.

 

And if you have allowed yourself to get shot from several other tanks then you have positioned yourself poorly, use terrain, concealment and cover, don't shoot at them sitting in the open and then blame the WV, that is dumb play from you and you just fed them easy spotting damage. 

 

I don't see the point of your first paragraph. I said you'll probably need more than 3 shots... You say you won't unless [certain situation occurs]. Well, my probably covers your unless if you get my point. Still, if you insist you have perfect accuracy, even so, you won't destroy that EBR because you'll score criticals on it, it will use repair kits and drive off. So even a 100% accuracy pro like you would fail to kill it as easily as you want to make it sound.

As for your second paragraph... right... withhold your shooting. Ground-breaking advice. But that only means the WV (or worse, the WVs) is still whizzing around and the enemy team closes in. As time passes, enemy tanks will get your attention, and your ability to expend your focus and shots on the WV diminishes. And if you do focus on the WV at that point, well, what happens is exactly what I said. Except it happens later in the game. So your advice doesn't change anything but the timing.

 



Kill_Broccoli #94 Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26612 battles
  • 942
  • [TAAAC] TAAAC
  • Member since:
    02-25-2014

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

That is because it's really not very good, you go from tier 8 to tier 9 but essentially have the same gun, with poor 240 alpha, poor pen and poor DPM. You also only get 5 kph more speed and 20m more view range.

 

You just forgot the 90-105mm pen 320/500 alpha HE ammo, the second highest HE pen for light and more than enough to go through any other light causing massive damage.



MPV_11 #95 Posted 20 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40297 battles
  • 450
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

CT 1.7.2 introduces counter to WV in the form of the A-10 Warthog. Its the new meta - get used to it.

 



Self_Propelled_Glitch #96 Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 16151 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

just remove the wheeled "tanks"

 



Grimmx__ #97 Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:31 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 3333 battles
  • 186
  • Member since:
    02-28-2015

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

No posts like yours get ignored rightly because they lack any coherent argument or reasoning, lack evidence, are full of ignorance and confirmation bias. 

 

I read all of that nonsens, and all I got out of it was you trying to win an argument at all cost.

Playing the game is nothing like the examples you tried to give.

 

Do you really think so many experienced tankers are just whining because everything is fine with introducing EBR’s to the game?

You must be delusional.

 

Keep at it tho, I’m sure more people will find reasons to quit WOT, as if it isn’t enough reasons already.



tajj7 #98 Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:41 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 31150 battles
  • 18,798
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostTankistu, on 20 January 2020 - 11:13 AM, said:

 

I don't see the point of your first paragraph. I said you'll probably need more than 3 shots... You say you won't unless [certain situation occurs]. Well, my probably covers your unless if you get my point. Still, if you insist you have perfect accuracy, even so, you won't destroy that EBR because you'll score criticals on it, it will use repair kits and drive off. So even a 100% accuracy pro like you would fail to kill it as easily as you want to make it sound.

As for your second paragraph... right... withhold your shooting. Ground-breaking advice. But that only means the WV (or worse, the WVs) is still whizzing around and the enemy team closes in. As time passes, enemy tanks will get your attention, and your ability to expend your focus and shots on the WV diminishes. And if you do focus on the WV at that point, well, what happens is exactly what I said. Except it happens later in the game. So your advice doesn't change anything but the timing.

 

 

I don't have perfect accuracy because RNG is a thing and sometimes I aim badly, I just don' have much trouble hitting them especially at sub 250m which is where they start to have some actual threat.

 

And one shot from a 390 alpha med is already potentially a third of their HP, it only takes one more person and it's down to below half HP and the player either dies very quickly or decides to become less reckless and is less of a threat. 

 

If you are the only one shooting at it then your team is not very good and if the whole enemy team closes in then your team has failed and is bad, either way, its bad play by your team and not a WV balance problem, which is common in these threads, people use examples which highlight bad players playing badly and then blame the vehicle for that terrible play.

 

In most common situations I observe against WVs, the reckless drivers, come to close to the lines, get outspotted, get hit a few times, either die uselessly or are so low HP they retreat and don't do much for the rest of the game. 

 

I mean at the end of day you are talking about multiple players struggling to deal with a vehicle constantly spotted in the open, in tier 9 and 10 tanks often with amazing gun handling, at medium ranges.

 

If players can't kill or cripple an EBR in that situation quickly enough then they are bad at the game and what results is because they are bad at the game, and its a very clear learn to play issue.

 

Light tank drive to powerful bushes, sit in them in binos and light up half the team who sit in the open and get wrecked, that is terrible play to, but no one complains about that but at least they have the excuse that they can't see what is spotting them (though obvious bushes are pretty easy to blindfire) but apparently when the same thing happens with something literally driving around in the open fully visible and it only takes a 3/4 hits at best to kill it, its suddenly broken.

 

That is hilarious logic, and why I find the complaints so stupid. Not only can you see the WV so therefore you can shoot it and kill it, but its also obvious what is spotting you and therefore easy to take steps to stop getting spotted or not get spotted in the first place. 

 

People failing on both those counts is not a WV balance issue, its a player failure issue. 

 

If people applied just a little brainpower then WVs would probably be the weakest tanks in the game. 

 

View PostKill_Broccoli, on 20 January 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

 

You just forgot the 90-105mm pen 320/500 alpha HE ammo, the second highest HE pen for light and more than enough to go through any other light causing massive damage.

 

The same HE pen that the HWK-30 and M41 GF have on tier 8, with 320 alpha and way better reloads? 

 

or what about the 510 alpha, 105mm pen HE the Leo 1 has with 0.28 accuracy that it can fire every 7.5s or so? 

 

Or the fact that the EBRs have like at best 40mm but mainly 10-16mm armour all over that pretty much every HE round they face can pen, so even like a tier 7 T-43 with its 300 alpha 85mm gun could wreck an EBR 90 in like 12s.

 

I am not really sure what point you are trying to make it, but it doesn't have much reference to what you quoted where I said the tier 9 EBR was not very good because it had a bad gun.

 

Loads of tanks in game have high pen HE, most of them have much better DPMs than the WVs with it as well, their HE round is not that special or that good. 

 

View PostOldtanker68, on 20 January 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

No posts like yours get ignored rightly because they lack any coherent argument or reasoning, lack evidence, are full of ignorance and confirmation bias. 

 

I read all of that nonsens, and all I got out of it was you trying to win an argument at all cost.

Playing the game is nothing like the examples you tried to give.

 

Do you really think so many experienced tankers are just whining because everything is fine with introducing EBR’s to the game?

You must be delusional.

 

Keep at it tho, I’m sure more people will find reasons to quit WOT, as if it isn’t enough reasons already.

 

Ah nonsense because you have no actual response to it, funny that. 

 

'Playing the game is nothing like the examples you tried to give' 

 

Ah because a 2k battle failed reroll, with one tier 9 tank has a good overview of what the games is like.....:rolleyes: I am sure with your zero battles in tier 10, 66 games in tier 9 and barely 400 in tier 8, zero games in any of the wheeled vehicles as well you have a holistic view of the higher tier meta and how wheeled vehicles work :facepalm:

 

 

'Do you really think so many experienced tankers are just whining because everything is fine with introducing EBR’s to the game?'

 

So many? Where? What I see the most is a handful of whiners on the forum, spreading their confirmation bias, ignorance, spreading the same tired myths and failing to adapt to a new threat. 

 

If you want to quit, quit, why would I care? People quit this game for a multitude of reasons, I mean its been going as a game for what 10 years, player losses are to be expected. But its funny people on the forums have been telling me for a while that the WVs are some sort of game breaking apocalypse that would end the game, but here we are like a year later and barely anything has changed.  Players are still playing and people are still whining on the forums about things they can't handle. 

 

Thousands clearly are not quitting, according to WOTnews around 982k players peaked over the xmas period last year, this xmas period the peak was 972k players, WVs IIRC came out over the last year just before xmas, so we have had about a year of WVs, but player levels are pretty much the same, where are all these players that are supposedly quitting about the WVs?  

 

It seems to me that 1000s of players are just playing the game normally and engaging their brains to adapt to a new threat, instead of playing the same old tired way and expecting it to work, and then when it doesn't they don't look at themselves, they come to have a whine of the forums. 

 

You seem to be in the latter camp, how is that working out for you? 

 


Edited by tajj7, 20 January 2020 - 03:59 PM.


Kill_Broccoli #99 Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26612 battles
  • 942
  • [TAAAC] TAAAC
  • Member since:
    02-25-2014

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

Or the fact that the EBRs have like at best 40mm but mainly 10-16mm armour all over that pretty much every HE round they face can pen, so even like a tier 7 T-43 with its 300 alpha 85mm gun could wreck an EBR 90 in like 12s.

 

Yes, except both of those have worse aimtime and dispersion on the move compared to the linx, so cruising by at uberspeed dropping HE on the run is nowhere as effective

 

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

 or what about the 510 alpha, 105mm pen HE the Leo 1 has with 0.28 accuracy that it can fire every 7.5s or so? 

 

Great comparison, a medium tank vs a scout, with the leo being nowhere near as mobile as the ebr. Like comparing chocolate with a steak.

 

View Posttajj7, on 20 January 2020 - 03:41 PM, said:

 Or the fact that the EBRs have like at best 40mm but mainly 10-16mm armour all over that pretty much every HE round they face can pen, so even like a tier 7 T-43 with its 300 alpha 85mm gun could wreck an EBR 90 in like 12s.

 

This providing you hit them in the tiny hull exposed outside the wheels of fortune, who absorb and eat shell for breakfast, and barely slow them down if hit, while hitting with that HE caliber every other light is almost always a tracking shot.


Edited by Kill_Broccoli, 20 January 2020 - 03:55 PM.


_LongRangeSniper_ #100 Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 42402 battles
  • 12,136
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

View PostOldtanker68, on 20 January 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

 

I read all of that nonsens, and all I got out of it was you trying to win an argument at all cost.

Playing the game is nothing like the examples you tried to give.

 

Do you really think so many experienced tankers are just whining because everything is fine with introducing EBR’s to the game?

You must be delusional.

 

Keep at it tho, I’m sure more people will find reasons to quit WOT, as if it isn’t enough reasons already.

 

With experience of the forum you might realise that people will literally whine about anything. The Liberte and the Chrysler GF were so OP apparently they generated many rage threads and FochGate.

 

Not many whines about them now.

 

Firstly WV’s are objectively not OP, Their winrates show on of the most balanced curves in comparison to many. The same with British light tanks. They are not UP, but the perception is that they are. The facts for both show reality is different to perception.

 

Which means you’re left with subjective personal perception.

 

If you don’t like playing them don’t play them, but if you don’t like playing against them I don’t see how people will get them changed as they are not OP. Don’t confuse OP with broken.

 

I would personally slow them down a bit but increase their view range and alpha to keep their wincurve as it is.


Edited by Long_Range_Sniper, 20 January 2020 - 03:57 PM.






Also tagged with wheeled vehicle, WV, wheelies, wheelchairs

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users