Defeats, Maps, MM ... and YOU?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Paulo_Lion_Heart #1 Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25549 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
A lot of people always have a reason to complain, or others always have to lose to them always win, or because don't like that map, or the matchmaking.

You will not always win and you will not always lose, any map is a good map to play, you can create damage on any map, and that's not the most important thing for most players, and what's so special about MM you with a tier VIII can't do damage in a battle with 3 tier X

The more you complain the more limited you get, if you start the battle complaining about the map, you are already starting the battle limited, and start the battle complain with MM equally.

Defeats do not affect wn8, which is what everyone cares about the most, stop complaining about and all this and you played better.

I was one of those who complained about all this, since I stopped having favorite maps and not wondering if which tiers are in battle ... I stopped starting the battles limited.

As it said in a profile of one of the main clans, DON'T WIN MAKE DAMAGE

Good battles commanders, and don't forget, don't start the battle limited or limit yourself

LethalWalou #2 Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33979 battles
  • [OISPA] OISPA

View PostPaulo_Lion_Heart, on 07 January 2020 - 06:46 PM, said:

Well this was a...different kind of post that I expected when opening the thread.

But yes I agree to the general point that if you go to a match and immediately become unhappy about things and just whine, openly or just in your mind, you're not gonna have a good time.

Block Quote

I was one of those who complained about all this, since I stopped having favorite maps and not wondering if which tiers are in battle ... I stopped starting the battles limited.

This is good to hear indeed. I as well once realised certain things, uninstalled certain mods and just got to it rather than getting unhappy, demotivated or ''limited'' in every battle I went in.

RaxipIx #3 Posted 07 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35854 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostPaulo_Lion_Heart, on 07 January 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

Good battles commanders, and don't forget, don't start the battle limited or limit yourself

Yep. Now i understand why i am having a rough time during events. You should try to win and make damage from time to time, might help.

splash_time #4 Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14901 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Good point.

I've just played 25 battles, and I tried to enjoy my Spagetto 65 that I bought yesterday, but sadly, my teams were really bad, after 15 battles, I have 34% WR. 

I was really mad about it, but after chilling for 15 mins, I started to enjoy the game again. :)

mateyflip #5 Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:27 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38850 battles

Wise words OP.

What what

Robbie_T #6 Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:15 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21272 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

Ill admit i screwed up a game today...

In my obj 263.... was playing mid range and had a nice spot  but than a m48 teammate wanted to push 1.30min in the battle...

And me and E75 went with him and what a big suprise we met ....(i knew it was to early in the battle to push there without knowing what could be there)... the whole enemy team there...

We 3 got taken out in like 30 seconds...(enemy  where all pre aimed)....

But luckely we had smart team on the other side that started rushing (minimap)becuase they knew there flank was open and we won in the end luckely...

but not thanx to me.....

Ice7_4 #7 Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 18729 battles

Win, loose, bad mm,toxic players. Stop caring about those and make your own play. You can make nice games and maybe even better than before.

If one gets toxic about something, is it really worth playing anymore then?

Ceeb #8 Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Beta Tester
  • 34446 battles
  • [BEXF] BEXF
Defeats happen, Defeat streaks happen just as much as win streaks,  its taken 30k games to get the point that in a loss I'll try and make as much damage as possible, that doesnt stop the odd rage quit.

Strappster #9 Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28549 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostPaulo_Lion_Heart, on 07 January 2020 - 06:46 PM, said:

Defeats do not affect wn8, which is what everyone cares about the most ...

While I agree with the message of your post, this particular part is complete rubbish. The part I care about most is improving my all-round game - while my WN8 may go up as a result of that, I don't consider it a particularly valuable metric given how easily it can be padded.

Automatically assuming that every other player wants the same result as you can be as detrimental to your game as carrying negativity into each battle. Some players are still learning their tank or playing a new class or trying to grind out a stock tank or train their crew or ... or ... etc. There are so many factors that the only certainty is that you can never be quite sure of what someone else will do.

Paulo_Lion_Heart #10 Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:12 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25549 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostIce7_4, on 09 January 2020 - 02:41

If one gets toxic about something, is it really worth playing anymore then?

Exactly, good point, if complain about of all, you must ask yourself if worth continuing play this game.

And about some type of toxic players, I will start one threat one day. :) 

apaleytos #11 Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:41 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 17153 battles

I started playing some days ago and will stop again when my month of prem expires(probably sooner).The gameplay experience in randoms is worse than ever,dont even have the mood to grind tanks. 3 min roflstomps,people that shouldnt be playing T9-T10s 200-500wn8(for their own good) as top tiers. I get it i am a bad-average player but this "rollercoster" of sessions somedays is stressfull.Just had 10/12  losses and almost all of them turbodeafeats,i was like is it real life?.I dont mind being outplayed by better players,but this team melting is unbelievable not even having a fighting chance.Maybe the tanks have too much dpm for the current maps/HP pool,don't know.

At least we have the forum to come and vent out:trollface:

Spoiler

Edited by apaleytos, 09 January 2020 - 10:43 PM.

Paulo_Lion_Heart #12 Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:03 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 25549 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
Today my day started like a nightmare, 8 or 9 consecutive losses with damage below 1000 in a tier X, I even commented before the beginning of one battle "the day is lost" but I wasn't worried or agitated, and I continued playing and did 23 battles, to at least try to close the day on my wn8 average.

And in the end not only managed to close the day in my average but also managed to recover the defeats and close the WoT rating higher than it had started.

If I had been frustrated, I could never close the day in the green anymore, and after those first 9 battles I didn't even think I was going to make it. 

Nishi_Kinuyo #13 Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:28 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 10217 battles
  • [GUP] GUP

View PostPaulo_Lion_Heart, on 07 January 2020 - 07:46 PM, said:

A lot of people always have a reason to complain, or others always have to lose to them always win, or because don't like that map, or the matchmaking.

You will not always win and you will not always lose, any map is a good map to play, you can create damage on any map, and that's not the most important thing for most players, and what's so special about MM you with a tier VIII can't do damage in a battle with 3 tier X

The more you complain the more limited you get, if you start the battle complaining about the map, you are already starting the battle limited, and start the battle complain with MM equally.

Defeats do not affect wn8, which is what everyone cares about the most, stop complaining about and all this and you played better.

Imo, people should stop caring about MM.

Players with XVM in-battle stats? They should uninstall that so they're no longer deluding themselves that there's any semblance of "skill-based matchmaking" since there is none. I've always played without XVM, and it is only after a battle that I can check how good or bad a particular player was. Did they do badly and they're a low WR player? Then it was to be expected, but there's no point to hound them after the fact. Were they are high WR player? Maybe they had a bad day, or just bad luck, no need to flame them either. We all get battles where we have bad luck, or bad days.

Not liking a map. I got two that I dislike, but that is primarily due to the meta that is prevalent on those maps (bushwanking), not the maps themselves since they're fine in other game modes (e.g. skirmishes). Yes, there's maps I like to get more than others as well, but that also depends a lot on which vehicle I'm playing at that time. And it is through adversity, that we have the chance to improve ourselves.

Even in nature you can find life, and beauty, in the most adverse places, places like a sheer cliff can often have flowers defiantly clinging to the side, blooming. Be that flower.

Spoiler

1ucky #14 Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 90213 battles

Yes, damage is one way of getting closer to a win, but don't forget you can win by capturing the enemy base as well. :)

#DamageIsNotEverything

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users