Worse Premiums or Better Premiums?

Preferential MM Premiums

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Old or New premiums? (29 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do like the old Premiums with pref MM or the superior premiums with no pref MM?

1. Old Premiums (19 votes [65.52%])

Percentage of vote: 65.52%

2. New Premiums (10 votes [34.48%])

Percentage of vote: 34.48%

Vote Hide poll

Ratriq #1 Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
As the poll suggests, which way of how WG made premiums do you prefer? Got curious since we've gotten all these premiums like the Defender, IS-3A and all these which are just flat out superior to their tech tree counterparts and some are just OP. 

Do you like these more or the ones who were generally weaker than the tech tree counterparts but you'd never have to meet tanks 2 tiers higher than you which still made them feel pretty strong since these t8 tanks more or less had the MM of a t7 minus the t5s.

Also, do you think this new way of how WG sells premiums are more "p2w" rather than the old strategy?

Edited by Ratriq, 08 January 2020 - 12:32 AM.

Inappropriate_noob #2 Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:46 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17656 battles

Only players are OP, Skills or QB could make the worst tank in the game work wonders, give me the best of the best, it's a no go.

As for premiums, got no more money so can't really say

Ratriq #3 Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 07 January 2020 - 11:46 PM, said:

Only players are OP, Skills or QB could make the worst tank in the game work wonders, give me the best of the best, it's a no go.

Well I mean a tank can still of course be OP if your average player can or will perform better in one specific tank and your average enemies will have more trouble dealing with it, it means it's better and if it's extreme enough, OP.

To example, all those "amazing" games QB played in a really bad tank, think of all the other games he'd perform even better in a much better tank. Skill is a factor yes, but it's still limited to an extent but a good tank will most certainly give you a lot more "amazing" games than what some other tank could.
Of course the same is also true for a good tank, sure it will most certainly make you perform better but it will only take you so far, if you're a tomato, you'll still play in it like a tomato, if you are a unicum, you'll still play like a unicum, but you will have a bigger impact though since the tank will in some degree still carry you more.

Stevies_Team #4 Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17060 battles

It's a tough one to call

Not seeing T10s in a T8 game gives a big lift to gameplay

But some T8s are a lot of fun to play

So can't really say,  just depends on the mood or the moment

They both serve a useful purpose for a general player

Edited by Stevies_Team, 08 January 2020 - 01:11 AM.

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:14 AM

Bartender

• 19087 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

Honestly I prefer the new Premiums, I just wish they themselves were either better balanced according to the tech tree equivalents, or the tech tree tanks buffed to match their performance (if they're so similar to one and other that it's necessary). I do think as I stated in another thread that the main problem with a lot of these newer Premiums is that the tech tree tanks aren't updated to match the changing game, and those Premiums directly contribute to the powercreep of those vehicles, so I would just opt for buffing those vehicles finally.

Personally I don't really like Pref. MM Tanks that much actually and would rather not pick them, I remember being genuinely quite annoyed when my friend wanted to constantly play his Super Pershing and I had to match it lest we be putting ourselves at a disadvantage in a Tier X Game of course. Of course, I can't say too much as I don't own a good number of them, nor do I really play them much. 

Stevies_Team #6 Posted 08 January 2020 - 01:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17060 battles

Got to wait and see what they do with this impending HE rebalance first

Gruff_ #7 Posted 08 January 2020 - 02:43 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24242 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Don't care for pref MM, so prefer the new premiums in relation to that but I don't like that the new premiums are better in most regards than the the tree tanks - they have the advantage of credits and crew transfers and that should be all the advantage they offer.

Edited by Gruff_, 08 January 2020 - 02:44 AM.

_Anarchistic_ #8 Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:09 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 49170 battles

prefer the old style premium tanks, way better for the game overall

but not sure about pref mm, after all I thought WG blamed preff MMt tanks for all the problems with the match maker

unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:01 AM

Brigadier

• 20634 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

I feel that premium tanks should be no better that their tech tree equivalents. I liked the idea of buying a tank in order to aid with crew training and credit earning, but did not give any "in battle" advantages over tech tree tanks. Those that do give that advantage should, in my opinion, be moved up a tier to balance out that advantage. 

But I guess that fewer premiums would be sold if that happens. 

Tealo #10 Posted 08 January 2020 - 05:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44799 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

I prefer the old Premiums Tanks as overall they were on the surface worse than the tech tree equivalents but always had something OP about them even if it was just view range (T7 car with a very large clip).with the worse camo rating in the game but the speed of the best medium tank but not very good amour for a heavy  (FCM 50T.) Or the rate of fire but say with terrible pen (Ram II) for example:

They were interesting to play.. ie they were different! Took alot (some more than others) to get the most of the advantage they had or/and to offset the disadvantages they had.. Often only being OP in very situational circumstances.. 

plus the bonus was of course: The increase in credit making and to train tank crews.

Edited by Tealo, 08 January 2020 - 05:41 AM.

Suurpolskija #11 Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:41 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24497 battles
  • [KANKI] KANKI

I like my Revalorise and VK45.03 well enough. Neither of them has the pref mm though. Oh right. Super Pershing and Matilda BP do have that. Ummm... SP is great, Matilda is OK-ish. 

I don't know which I like better. The game changes and it's the player that needs to do the adapting. 

TankkiPoju #12 Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:48 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24728 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 08 January 2020 - 05:01 AM, said:

I feel that premium tanks should be no better that their tech tree equivalents.

Well that ship sailed long time ago, and its never coming back because selling premium tanks is where WG makes most money.

1ucky #13 Posted 08 January 2020 - 12:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 90467 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

Where's the option to like them both?

How frickin' hard is it to play World of Tanks and like tanks at the same time?

Why all the hate?

W.H.Y.???

OP bro, modify that post please.

Add the option to like both.

Otherwise it's just another biased poll, which is crap.

vasilinhorulezz #14 Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29040 battles
None, premium mm tanks is one of the main reasons mm is broken and yea, premium tanks should in no way be better than fully upgraded tech tree ones. Personally, I don't care if premiums are on par or slightly worse than tech tree tanks, but no more preferential mm tanks should be released, because it would make the mm even worse.

killer999death #15 Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:51 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27162 battles
  • [JHS] JHS
Old premium tank models were better in my opinion. Worse than tech tree tanks but with greater credit and crew values. Panther 8.8, STA-2, Jagdtiger 8.8, KV-5 are good examples.

Now people buy Defenders or Chrysler GF not for credits or crew training but to go balls to the walls stupid with it's armor knowing they won't get penned by most players in the match.

Keller #16 Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:03 PM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 22046 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

View PostInappropriate_noob, on 08 January 2020 - 12:46 AM, said:

you really believe that when two equally skilled players go at it against eachother, the tank does not matter? A m3Lee vs a T-34 for example? Two mediums duking it out?

At first premiums had 1 excellent/good quality and 1 flaw. For example the Löwe had a great gun, but lacked mobility and its lower plate was easily penned. Hull down it also had a few weakspots. It was a good example of a Premium that fit right into the game, because as a player you had to make a choice which trait you wanted for your premium.

resheph73 #17 Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:09 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 32837 battles

View Postvasilinhorulezz, on 08 January 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

None, premium mm tanks is one of the main reasons mm is broken

That has been clearly proven as BS by wargaming itself... 

18:13 Added after 3 minute

View PostRatriq, on 07 January 2020 - 11:31 PM, said:

Also, do you think this new way of how WG sells premiums are more "p2w" rather than the old strategy?

OFC they are, if you sell a tank that is flat out better than free ones that's pay to win. Old prefmm tanks were even slightly worse than equal tier, so it was eventually a pay-to-boost-your-stats-over-a-couple-of-years-if-you-only-play-that-tank. 

Ratriq #18 Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Post1ucky, on 08 January 2020 - 11:27 AM, said:

Where's the option to like them both?

How frickin' hard is it to play World of Tanks and like tanks at the same time?

Why all the hate?

W.H.Y.???

OP bro, modify that post please.

Add the option to like both.

Otherwise it's just another biased poll, which is crap.

What's biased against a simple Yes or No poll?

If you like both, good for you! But I'm curious about which kind of premium variant the people here on the forum prefers the most. If you like both just as much, just simply don't vote then.
I'm not hating on any of them, I think I was quite neutral actually in my post.

Balc0ra #19 Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75550 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

I'm gonna meet you in the middle and say "the same" and "the worse old" variant. As the worse old variants were still superior vs the tech tree one in some areas. Not all aspects like some recent tanks. Lowe had more pen and mantle armor then the Tiger II, the T34 had more alpha and pen vs the T32 etc. Then you have the Cromwell vs the B. The differences are so small in two areas. That I did not mind that either. Or even the KV-2R.

And the Lowe with the recent changes, or even the SP are still two solid premiums IMO. T34 less so now. Then you have others that differ greatly vs their tech tree variant in even style to make a valid comparison. Like the AC v the CDA 105, or the SU-130 PM vs the SU-101 or 152.

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 January 2020 - 07:49 PM.

Ratriq #20 Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:58 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 January 2020 - 06:47 PM, said:

I'm gonna meet you in the middle and say "the same" and "the worse old" variant. As the worse old variants were still superior vs the tech tree one in some areas. Not all aspects like some recent tanks. Lowe had more pen and mantle armor then the Tiger II, the T34 had more alpha and pen vs the T32 etc. Then you have the Cromwell vs the B. The differences are so small in two areas. That I did not mind that either. Or even the KV-2R.

And the Lowe with the recent changes, or even the SP are still two solid premiums IMO. T34 less so now. Then you have others that differ greatly vs their tech tree variant in even style to make a valid comparison. Like the AC v the CDA 105, or the SU-130 PM vs the SU-101 or 152.

I suppose you've got a point but to be fair the Löwe and T34 aren't pref MM from what I know.

Also tagged with Preferential MM, Premiums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users