Worse Premiums or Better Premiums?

Preferential MM Premiums

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Old or New premiums? (29 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Do like the old Premiums with pref MM or the superior premiums with no pref MM?

1. Old Premiums (19 votes [65.52%])

Percentage of vote: 65.52%

2. New Premiums (10 votes [34.48%])

Percentage of vote: 34.48%

Vote Hide poll

arthurwellsley #21 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 54415 battles
  • [RGT] RGT

Go back to the old 2011 SerB rule;

The premium version of a tech tree tank should be better than the stock version but not quite as good as the elite version.

I doubt WG will return to this as they will sell fewer models. After all how many Mauerbrechers did they sell?

Ratriq #22 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postarthurwellsley, on 08 January 2020 - 08:04 PM, said:

Go back to the old 2011 SerB rule;

The premium version of a tech tree tank should be better than the stock version but not quite as good as the elite version.

I doubt WG will return to this as they will sell fewer models. After all how many Mauerbrechers did they sell?

To be honest, I don't expect them to either, since they themself have dug this hole for themself when they started releasing premiums which were above-average or flat out OP.

Most people aren't interested in "balanced" premiums anymore since it exists other premiums which just plainly do the job better. It has come to the sad state where most peoples mindset is "Why buy a balanced tank when you can buy an overpowered tank for the same price?"

Thus when WG actually tries to release a balanced tank, people now complain about it since the standards for how premiums "should" perform and behave have changed.
Hell, I'm guilty of this too, I at first when saw the Defender on sale last time I didn't want to buy it since it's just another op Russian tank, but now I'm actually waiting for it to go on sale again so I can buy it.

Edited by Ratriq, 08 January 2020 - 09:15 PM.

Balc0ra #23 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 75417 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostRatriq, on 08 January 2020 - 07:58 PM, said:

I suppose you've got a point but to be fair the Löwe and T34 aren't pref MM from what I know.

True, but I was speaking in general about how WG did do premiums before. Pref MM or not. Tho if you want to go that way, the SP is still solid, and has the most pen of any tier 8 US med, but worse in other apsects. IS-6 is a different chapter. And even so, comparing it to a +2 MM tier 8 prem will give worse results overall regardless.

Ratriq #24 Posted 08 January 2020 - 09:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6570 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 January 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

True, but I was speaking in general about how WG did do premiums before. Pref MM or not. Tho if you want to go that way, the SP is still solid, and has the most pen of any tier 8 US med, but worse in other apsects. IS-6 is a different chapter. And even so, comparing it to a +2 MM tier 8 prem will give worse results overall regardless.

Yes of course, I understand what you mean I only said that to you since the question on the poll itself is:

"Do like the old Premiums with pref MM or the superior premiums with no pref MM?"

Also tagged with Preferential MM, Premiums

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users