scout sugestions wanted

scout

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

FataL_ShadowZ #21 Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12176 battles
Though its not part of a line, Tajj often writes highly of the HWK30 as being a great LT for passive scouting as he has his with a huge view range (iirc 520m is the value in my head but I could have that completely wrong). I was tempted to buy it myself during the advent but watched Skilllt4u playing it on stream and he didn't rate it so it put me off buying it. I think this was a mistake on my part and will probably pick it up the next time its back on sale.

azakow #22 Posted 09 January 2020 - 09:48 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84887 battles

View PostRichthoffen, on 08 January 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

as a TD player that prefers glass canons with good camo I recently shifted  a bit towards passive scouting.

I have the AMX 13-75 but I use this more as a nimble TD by using it as a dmg dealer instead.

what would be a noob friendly passive scout line to someone that is fond of big guns and doing tons of dmg?

any suggestions with motivation will be appreciated but keep in mind i'm going out of my comfort zone so really noob friendly

Spoiler

Noob friendly would not apply to you at all, becasue you know where to go to provide targets to you dmg dealing team mates.

As you already noted, largest part of the challenge happens at your keyboard, meaning to overcome the urge of firing at anything that is red.

Passive spotting is rather 2014.

You will most likely end up at a mixture of dmg dealing and spotting.

Find a proper (3+ skills) crew of any nation and start grinding at LT5.

IMO LT10 is a waste of effort in any nation, but RUS.

For me the sweet spots (balance of dmg dealing and spotting) while LTing are:

• FR LT8+9,
  • UK LT8,
  • CN LT8,
  • RUS LT7+9,
  • US LT5+9,

Richthoffen #23 Posted 10 January 2020 - 07:14 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31483 battles
  • [MS-] MS-
@ Azakow, not looking for a new challenge, more looking to fill a spot that needs to be filled 

Tealo #24 Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:24 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 44596 battles
  • [RIFF] RIFF

Noob friendly scout well apart from expanding more on the playstyle of the AMX 40 (not with the top gun and turret) a scout with very good armour, not very fast (but can do above 30kph but not above 45kph even with maxed out crew skills and fuel, and a trash gun.. If spotted will last longer (as result of the armour) and with a skilled player deliberately bait enemy tanks to shoot you therefore spotting them! If they don't know to use a bush properly..

Variants 1, very good hull and turret armour. 2. weak hull excellent turret armour for peaking over ridge lines for example (2. maybe another branch of  wheeled tanks say the British) 

There's not much more difference in playstyle you can do,, maybe make a national branch more resistance to HE (Arty) ???

PS.. If the ammo ballance goes though, different resistance of the armour to different ammo types per national branch Standard, Gold or HE for one type of ammo the resistance to damage is increased but Hmm maybe decreased on another. with the third one standard damage according to the normal RNG of pen or damage..

Basically the old Rock, Paper and Scissors 

SO for example A New Polish scout tank has a increased resistance on Special rounds damaged is reduced by a third (Or increased ability to bounce a Special Round) but increased damage with HE if hit! Standard is in normal range  of damage/pen,,OR different combination..

Edited by Tealo, 10 January 2020 - 09:38 AM.

phtang #25 Posted 20 January 2020 - 03:22 PM

Private

• Player
  • 44795 battles
  • [BOF] BOF

May I suggest that a scout's ability to spot is dependant on its speed and current angular rotation of its turret.

If a scout is travelling at warp 6, looking through a periscope is very difficult indeed, which balances the speed advantage that some of the faster scouts have. Conversely, stationary tanks should have an enhanced bonus for precisely the opposite reason.

In additional "light" tanks have far less armour in RL than med/heavies, so reducing genuinely light tanks HP would also help balance the current position overall imho.

Edited by phtang, 20 January 2020 - 03:38 PM.

RaxipIx #26 Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:21 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35854 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

View PostRichthoffen, on 10 January 2020 - 07:14 AM, said:

@ Azakow, not looking for a new challenge, more looking to fill a spot that needs to be filled 

I think you have the best one to be honest. I know some people say the t 71 is better but i don't like it.  I'v played all tier 7's and i think the 2 best is the amx and the wz . They can do active scouting passive scouting, can do dmg and they sit at a nice sweet spot at tier 7 where actually having a maxed out vr  holds a big advantage.

Going higher up the tiers meds/tds even ht's have the 445 max spotting range and LT's lose  potency.

Edited by RaxipIx, 20 January 2020 - 04:22 PM.

GustyOWindflap #27 Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:48 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1943 battles
If you have spare gold and an old T8 premium you don't use anymore then trade in for the ELC even. :great:

Shacou #28 Posted 21 January 2020 - 06:27 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23844 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Super hellcat, I use it as a nimble scout with punchy gun instead of doing usual TD stuff.

TankkiPoju #29 Posted 21 January 2020 - 07:33 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 24717 battles

AMX 13 90 is my favorite damage dealer light tank. Sure, it's also a decent scout.

EDIT: As for the people saying a light tank should scout and not do damage... funnily I have 60% winrate in 13 90 so maaaybe dealing damage also works. But you can sit in bushes all you like.

06:43 Added after 9 minute

View PostFataL_ShadowZ, on 09 January 2020 - 03:40 PM, said:

Though its not part of a line, Tajj often writes highly of the HWK30 as being a great LT for passive scouting as he has his with a huge view range (iirc 520m is the value in my head but I could have that completely wrong). I was tempted to buy it myself during the advent but watched Skilllt4u playing it on stream and he didn't rate it so it put me off buying it. I think this was a mistake on my part and will probably pick it up the next time its back on sale.

Tbh it's not very good in current meta, because wheeled vehicles and tanks like LT-432. Sure, HWK 30 has great view range but it also has poor camo values, no armor and it's a huge target.

Edited by TankkiPoju, 21 January 2020 - 07:38 AM.

vonadnan #30 Posted 21 January 2020 - 09:37 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30521 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
My most played tank is still 13 90, loved it when it was tier 8, still do and its even better, but the wv came and I moved to tier X for few games, also solid tank, but took me some time to adjust to Ferraris I might go back to it. Started russian line and like Azakow said tier 7 and 9 are awsome, yesterday I finaly did LT 15 mission for t55a with t54lghtw it was on Prochorovka ofc, I was almost constantly on the move, outplayed enemy light and it was gg. Spent the remaining orders on the arty (damn that man who thought that arty missions is good idea) and took t55a, finally! 

Also tagged with scout

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users