Update 1.7.1 Preview

• Please log in to reply
234 replies to this topic

parim1331 #221 Posted 20 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7758 battles

View PostTOP__BANANA, on 19 January 2020 - 01:00 AM, said:

its all getting a bit silly now. moved away from the original tanks. be space invaders next

I mean, after all we had tanks like E-100, or JagdPz E-100, which have been in the game for quite a while, and are, as some know, not quite historical.

Ancybot #222 Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21893 battles
  • [GHS] GHS
@Parim
since amx CDC is bad and in tech notes of project there was drum gun SA45 with 5 shells.
Why doesnt it have this gun in game? Actually cdc might be playable with this gun

and we all know how bad is cdc now

Even if CDC didnt exist as final project, historically it should have 5 shell drum as it was in project

Edited by Ancybot, 20 January 2020 - 06:03 PM.

iKnewIT #223 Posted 21 January 2020 - 08:32 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 81045 battles

View PostAncybot, on 20 January 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

@Parim
since amx CDC is bad and in tech notes of project there was drum gun SA45 with 5 shells.
Why doesnt it have this gun in game? Actually cdc might be playable with this gun

and we all know how bad is cdc now

Even if CDC didnt exist as final project, historically it should have 5 shell drum as it was in project

CDC was not bad when it has shown up in the game. ;)

The reason CDC has become unplayable is not it itself, but the hole "in-game enviroment", which have been changed very much after 0.9.18 (and later on).

Developers have said that changes of individual tanks will have some meaning only after the upcoming rebalancing of ammunition and HP.

We may not like such way of going of the things, but it's true. ;)

Edited by iKnewIT, 21 January 2020 - 12:26 PM.

Sir_Armand #224 Posted 21 January 2020 - 03:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21468 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View Postparim1331, on 20 January 2020 - 05:17 PM, said:

I mean, after all we had tanks like E-100, or JagdPz E-100, which have been in the game for quite a while, and are, as some know, not quite historical.

There's been complaints about paper tanks since forever.but they were at least tanks - What's next? Battlemechs? I mean, they aren't historical either, and NOT being historical seems to be what WG is aimong for these fays. Why are even Pz III and t 34 in the game? They stand out as being historical in this not historical game.

parim1331 #225 Posted 21 January 2020 - 05:36 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7758 battles

View PostSir_Armand, on 21 January 2020 - 03:49 PM, said:

There's been complaints about paper tanks since forever.but they were at least tanks - What's next? Battlemechs? I mean, they aren't historical either, and NOT being historical seems to be what WG is aimong for these fays. Why are even Pz III and t 34 in the game? They stand out as being historical in this not historical game.

Still, I reckon that the developers are sticking to "probably machines" theory.

Personally, I don't think that we will ever see battlemechs...at least not in regular WoT. :bush:

reddog102 #226 Posted 22 January 2020 - 03:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 10726 battles
I would rather have seen some of the existing tanks with 2 guns getting them both working: Grant and Lee I’m looking at you here, also the Churchill. Also I don’t want an ammo rebalancing that nerfs HE and makes people buy more premium ammo - because that’s what rebalancing means to Wargaming! For all those tanks on the scrap heap due to being obsolete, they need reworking, so that’s where the effort should go, along with new maps! Oh yes and a new Chieftain tech tree for the Brits!

parim1331 #227 Posted 22 January 2020 - 05:48 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7758 battles

View Postreddog102, on 22 January 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

I would rather have seen some of the existing tanks with 2 guns getting them both working: Grant and Lee I’m looking at you here, also the Churchill. Also I don’t want an ammo rebalancing that nerfs HE and makes people buy more premium ammo - because that’s what rebalancing means to Wargaming! For all those tanks on the scrap heap due to being obsolete, they need reworking, so that’s where the effort should go, along with new maps! Oh yes and a new Chieftain tech tree for the Brits!

That's the issue, how would you balance M3 LEE having two working guns on it's tier? We have to keep in mind that it's a completely different story, than the TIER VIII Dual-barrel guns.

Ancybot #228 Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21893 battles
  • [GHS] GHS

View Postparim1331, on 22 January 2020 - 05:48 PM, said:

how would you balance M3 LEE having two working guns on it's tier?

I would move it tier up or add different mechanic like shooting for high dmg with low dpm or shoot for low dmg but with high dpm

RashidBashir2 #229 Posted Yesterday, 07:46 AM

Private

• Player
  • 51336 battles
  • [_SND_] _SND_
:bush:

parim1331 #230 Posted Yesterday, 10:42 AM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7758 battles

View PostAncybot, on 22 January 2020 - 07:47 PM, said:

I would move it tier up or add different mechanic like shooting for high dmg with low dpm or shoot for low dmg but with high dpm

Then again, what about the other characteristics of the vehicle? After all, it would have a really hard time with it's somewhat lacking armor.

Gremlin182 #231 Posted Yesterday, 11:26 AM

General

• Player
  • 60354 battles

Why do people want the game to stand still with no added content or game changes it would get so boring so fart if they did that.

There are a fairly small number of different tanks you can put in the game that were actually designed tested and put into production.

Even if you push the game past WW2 through Korea and into the 1960s there are still not enough to keep adding tanks year after year.

Players also want tanks from many countries even if you cannot find more than 2 or 3 tanks mostly in lower tiers.

So you get the what if tanks not fantasy as some say just well they had this idea for a tank and we take the design and make it real.

No it never existed but so what this isn't a historically accurate tank simulator.

Step out of your comfort zone where playing your favourite tank in a specific way is successful most of the time.

Lets add something that messes with that and makes you try something new.

I have around 30 tier 9 and 10 tanks left to research and another 12 researched but not yet bought.

I want to see new tanks and for them to keep being added for some time to come.

Plan right now is to have in my garage all tier 8 9 and 10 tanks in the game as well as some of my favourite lower tiers.

When a tank gets nerfed or the game changes and makes it less than amazing I shelve it and play something that still works.

So if they nerf HE I will stop derping though I might whine about my KV2 R if that becomes unplayable.

Jumping_Turtle #232 Posted Yesterday, 12:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 71627 battles
  • [CNUT] CNUT

View PostGremlin182, on 23 January 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

So you get the what if tanks not fantasy as some say just well they had this idea for a tank and we take the design and make it real.

No it never existed but so what this isn't a historically accurate tank simulator.

For me personally the double barreled tanks cross a line between somewhat historical and pure fantasy.

Putting a world of warships turret on a tank is just a no go for me. Dont like it and never will.

It just doesnt look like a tank anymore and it certainly wasnt a succes otherwise we still would see tanks with more barrels today.

I think it is a bad step for Wargaming to take and put the gate open for way more fantasy tanks and things. I am sure if you look carefull you will find a drawing of a tank with three barrels or even four. Or put the anime tanks in the game the Chinese server already has.

They just should have kept it at Warships is my humble opinion.

Sir_Armand #233 Posted Yesterday, 07:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21468 battles
  • [FILO2] FILO2

View Postparim1331, on 21 January 2020 - 05:36 PM, said:

Still, I reckon that the developers are sticking to "probably machines" theory.

Personally, I don't think that we will ever see battlemechs...at least not in regular WoT. :bush:

Why not? WG has obviously gone for completely science fiction vehicles that has no resemblance to real world tanks, and WG staff is all over the forum with the "It never was based on reality" propaganda. Battlemechs are a logical 2020 tech tree.

View Postparim1331, on 22 January 2020 - 05:48 PM, said:

That's the issue, how would you balance M3 LEE having two working guns on it's tier? We have to keep in mind that it's a completely different story, than the TIER VIII Dual-barrel guns.

WG doen't care about game balance, so that is a moot argument, BUT every single tank i know of,  has secondary armament in one way shape or form. Including them would have been a GREAT addition to the game. The shotgun science fiction "tanks" is ridiculous and makes you want to quit playing everytime you see one.

HansiVonHinten #234 Posted Yesterday, 08:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48611 battles
Why is the tier 8 double barrel so cheap (XP)?

Smells rotten.

HansiVonHinten #235 Posted Yesterday, 08:28 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 48611 battles

View Postmira130, on 17 January 2020 - 05:01 PM, said:

Hey when will be the Common test?

Why? Common test does nothing towards Wargamings release. It is pure for the show.
Wargaming stopped caring for the game long time ago. All they want is to put new premium tanks (more money) into the game. Only when there is a massive (sorry I am not allowed to use the common word) *beep* they react.

We have ssen it so many times over the last years, they promise over and over, inviting CC to "constructive" feedback meeting. Afterwards they just ignore the whole shaboom and keep doing BIG business.

I guess the game has outgrown the number of REAL skilled programmers, devolepers, balancing persons (what ever they are called). They are busy making new unbalanced tanks, new "funny" game modes and other more or less useless game content. But hey, that does not influence the lack of working MM, balancing tanks and maps, because they have other people to do that. I guess theere are two or three doing a hard work trying to save the game from total disaster.

19:31 Added after 3 minute

View Postparim1331, on 15 January 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

Anonymizer, in general, was made as a response to player being targeted because of their statistics, names, clans etc. 

Personally, I wouldn't say that it was "wasted time", given that we made quite a few people happy with this addition. :)

The update is not yet released. As soon as concrete dates are set, they will be announced officially through our portal.

Regarding anonymizer: There are very few using it per game session (maybe 4). If Wargaming are willing to put more effort into the issues, that many many many players are tirred of: MM, unblanced tanks, lame amo (prem) and stop over complicating things, again amo rebalance, then the game could evolve much faster and better.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users