7 replies to this topic

xtrem3x #1 Posted 09 January 2020 - 11:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36171 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

In case anybody missed it in the news on patch 1.7.1:

Block Quote

Starting with Update 1.7.1, it will be possible to demount and send Complex Equipment to the Depot for free without spending 10 gold. To do this, you need to use the new Demount Kit. It has varying chances to drop from the large Reward for Merit in the fifth round of this special in-game reward.

Each Demount Kit can be used only once to demount one piece of Complex Equipment. You can still demount Complex Equipment for gold – just select the option from the menu on the equipment screen. But why not simply remove it for free and save your gold for something else?

Now, whilst this is nice because you're saving 10 gold every now & again surely this should also work with improved equipment...?

As it stands this is a feature that will benefit F2P players which is great, however anybody who pays money into the game, or anybody who plays for a half decent clan (including F2P players) will most likely have enough spare gold floating around that saving the odd 10 gold will make zero difference to them. However, there are dedicated players who play all the events, play the CW campaigns and grind FL etc who will have bought improved equipment. They've equipped their favourite tank but now over time either said tank is nerfed or there are other tanks they prefer to play and they'll need to fork out 600 bonds to remove all their improved equipment otherwise it just sits there not being used.

So WG... instead of throwing the occasional chance of saving 10 gold to the community, please improve this and throw us an occasional chance of a decent, helpful feature that benefits everybody :)

Edited by xtrem3x, 09 January 2020 - 11:28 AM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:25 PM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I dunno, it seems quite underwhelming to me unless they are going to stop selling equipment half price.

Currently a f2p player can buy equipment half price and if they sell it with the tank it costs nothing.  And if they are organised they can have the equipment for their nest tank in advance.

For a non f2p player it's not even relevant.

I don't think improved equipment should be demountable at all.  Any ability to demount it allows you to switch what is supposed to be a rare commodity between tanks at will.

Strappster #3 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 28549 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

View PostHomer_J, on 09 January 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

I don't think improved equipment should be demountable at all.  Any ability to demount it allows you to switch what is supposed to be a rare commodity between tanks at will.

I disagree. I put my (so far) only piece of improved equipment on the first tier X I bought but I rarely play that tank and it'd be much more useful on something else. I don't see why I should be stuck with a bad choice made when I didn't know as much as I do now simply because it's labelled as a rare thing.

That said, I think paying bonds to demount is fine. I made the bad choice, I'm happy with a cost to rectify it now that I know better.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:54 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35599 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Anybody who pays money into the game with premium time can get 25 bonds a day for very little effort anyway so a few hundred bonds to remove improved equipment is really not a huge ordeal if you really want to put it elsewhere.

Three_Rounds_Rapid #5 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46054 battles
  • [W__F] W__F

View Postxtrem3x, on 09 January 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

In case anybody missed it in the news on patch 1.7.1:

Now, whilst this is nice because you're saving 10 gold every now & again surely this should also work with improved equipment...?

Quote, parim1331

As of right now, Demount Kit can only be used on standard equipment.

Negativvv #6 Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:43 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15007 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Such a pointless addition, at least let one kit demount all 3 slots.

Even when I wasn't flushed with gold I just sold the lot and re kitted a tank during a discount weekend.

baratoz1701 #7 Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26263 battles
  • [DNUTZ] DNUTZ

total waste of time imho. You will hardly get any of them, and they save you about 3 pence, whoop. It's just patch filler

Elua #8 Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 33964 battles
This is awesome and great change. For any F2P player its BIG thing. Good job WG ! :medal:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users