Jump to content


Silly game.


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

hpoolnott #1 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 14392 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    03-09-2016

I have played this game since it was first created. Used to be a premium player. Never again. It used to be sensible and true to real life. Now just plain silly. Tanks disappear in front of you with no obstructions.

When down to the last one or two players all the enemy tanks disappear from both mini map and the game. They then just magically  appear next to your tank and destroy it. It never used to be like this years ago. You had a fighting chance as the enemy was visible and you could even win the game and destroy the remaining tanks. Then the issue of "we didn't penetrate their armour". Always saying this. Ricochet, we didn't even scratch them are all too common phrases. 185mm pen gun doesn't even destroy 75mm on say a KV220. I have gone back to tier 1 and the same applies. An enemy tank with 8mm of armour withstands a gun of 50mm pen at very close range. Just so silly. The WOT team just reply with a load of useless information about "game mechanics". Give me my sensible game back. I now ALWAYS dessert the game when down to the last 2 players. No point in continuing as the enemy becomes invisible. I only play for free now and have blocked all idiots from vile abuse.



divsmo #2 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:43 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 38567 battles
  • 729
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    07-08-2012
Ohhh is this one of those threads where we get to make stuff up that didn't happen? Yesterday i was playing a game and the ground opened up underneath my tank and swallowed it whole! I was going to attach a replay but my dog ate it the naughty blighter!

Strappster #3 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28549 battles
  • 11,481
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
I suggest you focus on what's the common factor in all your battles and work on improving that. Here's a tip - refusing to learn game mechanics and deserting because things aren't going your way are both strong indicators that your problem is a PEBKAC issue.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:48 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 35578 battles
  • 5,411
  • [FISHY] FISHY
  • Member since:
    06-13-2015
OP, I'd link some of WGs Youtube content around basic game mechanics for you to work through as they are actually quite instructional, but they don't appear to have made one on the correct use of WASD you could start off with so you may struggle with the more advanced topics.

wsatnutter #5 Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:58 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26821 battles
  • 9,712
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010

OP your entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Learn to understand how the gameworks and stop posting balderdash  unless you have relevant replays 

Oh wait  that box ain't ticked 



TsundereWaffle #6 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:02 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Moderator
  • 29144 battles
  • 11,222
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    03-31-2013
You're always free to support us with replays so we can help you in regards of what's going wrong. I personally don't have the issues you're facing, so to me it sounds like the problem is more in line with your playstyle and/or understanding of the game mechanics. 

Nethraniel #7 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:06 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15266 battles
  • 2,684
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

Quote

It used to be sensible and true to real life. Now just plain silly. Tanks disappear in front of you with no obstructions.

If anything that was something rather happening in the early days of WoT instead of now. You probably never played when there was the spotting delay still active, where LTs could cross gaps between cover, only getting spotted after they reached the new cover. Good old times...

 

Rest of the post is also rubbish...



Ceeb #8 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:12 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Beta Tester
  • 34446 battles
  • 6,633
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View Postdivsmo, on 09 January 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

Ohhh is this one of those threads where we get to make stuff up that didn't happen? Yesterday i was playing a game and the ground opened up underneath my tank and swallowed it whole! I was going to attach a replay but my dog ate it the naughty blighter!

 

I love sarcasm me.



Suurpolskija #9 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:31 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 24497 battles
  • 2,377
  • [KANKI] KANKI
  • Member since:
    01-26-2016
What was the game you played previously? It sure wasn't World of tanks.

malachi6 #10 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:32 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 51322 battles
  • 4,425
  • Member since:
    04-14-2011
You do realize the comments you are making are made to people that play the game and know you are just plain wrong.  If tanks disappear and reappear there will be game mechanic reasons or technical reasons.  the first is something you can learn, understand and mitigate.  The second can be investigated and fixed.

Edited by malachi6, 09 January 2020 - 02:33 PM.


tank276 #11 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:50 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 54592 battles
  • 860
  • [KEKE] KEKE
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012

@hpoolnott

 

If you "now always dessert the game" plz stop playing, you are a burden to your team mates who want to play for real and not cry.

It is not like something you have to go, like go to school, pay taxes and stuff.

Just play something else.

 


Edited by tank276, 09 January 2020 - 02:50 PM.


shikaka9 #12 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 74604 battles
  • 1,760
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
  • Member since:
    02-27-2013
You should play more artillery :great:

_6i6_ #13 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21824 battles
  • 519
  • Member since:
    03-22-2018

View Posthpoolnott, on 09 January 2020 - 02:39 PM, said:

I have played this game since it was first created. Used to be a premium player. Never again. It used to be sensible and true to real life. Now just plain silly. Tanks disappear in front of you with no obstructions.

When down to the last one or two players all the enemy tanks disappear from both mini map and the game. They then just magically  appear next to your tank and destroy it. It never used to be like this years ago. You had a fighting chance as the enemy was visible and you could even win the game and destroy the remaining tanks. Then the issue of "we didn't penetrate their armour". Always saying this. Ricochet, we didn't even scratch them are all too common phrases. 185mm pen gun doesn't even destroy 75mm on say a KV220. I have gone back to tier 1 and the same applies. An enemy tank with 8mm of armour withstands a gun of 50mm pen at very close range. Just so silly. The WOT team just reply with a load of useless information about "game mechanics". Give me my sensible game back. I now ALWAYS dessert the game when down to the last 2 players. No point in continuing as the enemy becomes invisible. I only play for free now and have blocked all idiots from vile abuse.

 

Yes the game now has air-drops for insta tank relocation



Gixxer66 #14 Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:57 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19721 battles
  • 824
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013

13K games - 44.7% Winrate

 

Pretty sure you and 13 of your close relatives have been on my team for most matches this week.



BR33K1_PAWAH #15 Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:08 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8158 battles
  • 2,085
  • Member since:
    04-11-2018

And you guys keep on asking "Is  <this player> a WG bot?"

 

No, it's not :D



_6i6_ #16 Posted 09 January 2020 - 03:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 21824 battles
  • 519
  • Member since:
    03-22-2018

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 09 January 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

And you guys keep on asking "Is  <this player> a WG bot?"

 

No, it's not :D

 

how true. i think this is a living example!



TomatoShooter #17 Posted 09 January 2020 - 04:55 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 1136 battles
  • 433
  • Member since:
    08-09-2014
Like we believe you often belong to one of the last 2 players on a team..more likely you are one of the first 2 players to die on a team...

PowJay #18 Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:45 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41314 battles
  • 5,831
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

View Posthpoolnott, on 09 January 2020 - 12:39 PM, said:

...and have blocked all idiots from vile abuse.

And so you come to the forum instead? Nice job! :great:



Nishi_Kinuyo #19 Posted 09 January 2020 - 05:46 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 10217 battles
  • 7,071
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostBR33K1_PAWAH, on 09 January 2020 - 03:08 PM, said:

And you guys keep on asking "Is  <this player> a WG bot?"

 

No, it's not :D

Do people honestly still ask that?

I mean, didn't that homefront game mode show that bots are better than those players?

 

And yeah, showing a replay where the tanks "go invisible" and suddenly pop-up right next to your tank would be nice.


Edited by Nishi_Kinuyo, 09 January 2020 - 05:47 PM.


TheJumpMaster #20 Posted 09 January 2020 - 06:22 PM

    Major General

  • Moderator
  • 50986 battles
  • 5,561
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    05-04-2011

This thread was pointless from the beginning, It will be closed.

 

Cheers,

Jumpy






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users