I am back after 5 years, your WoT memories?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Q77 #1 Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:01 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12663 battles

Hiya, so I reinstalled WoT after being gone for 5 years. I actually didnt think it was 5 years untill I did some math, time really flies.

I dont know if this is really off-topic but I dont want to get people annoyed.

So.. I came back to a game with a lot more options and tanks!  I still dont get a lot of the options but ok, maybe I dont care much yet.

I pretty much left when they were working on the US line and the Chinese was just coming up I think.

Yesterday I had a question so I looked up the forum again, and I noticed this old screenshot in my attachments :P

shot_029a.jpg

Troll much..  (if you cant see it, it's a screenshot of my old SU-14 (yes, before the 14-2) 1shotting a tank for 2000 HP)

Yes I admit I played arty a lot, with the old SU-14 as my fav with a 300% crew or something like that.  I was just as annoyed as everyone when I was being hit by arty though lol.

After they changed the SU-14 I kinda left the arty for what it was and went down the TD lines.

I did notice they removed the AP rounds for arty which I can fully understand (see picture again lol) and its more about splashing now.

I also noticed my OP WT100 got removed, but that wasnt a big surprise hehe.

With all the new tanks, and I even saw wheeled tanks now, how are the old school tanks holding up?   Is my AMX 13 90 still good for scouting/harrassing etc?  Or is it powercreeped into oblivion..

How are the OG countries holding up? Are the russian TD's still good?

Do you have any good memories of the old days?

:popcorn:

_SpartanWarrior_ #2 Posted 10 January 2020 - 01:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40294 battles
  • [BLOJ] BLOJ

View PostQ77, on 09 January 2020 - 12:01 PM, said:

Hiya, so I reinstalled WoT after being gone for 5 years. I actually didnt think it was 5 years untill I did some math, time really flies.

I dont know if this is really off-topic but I dont want to get people annoyed.

So.. I came back to a game with a lot more options and tanks!  I still dont get a lot of the options but ok, maybe I dont care much yet.

I pretty much left when they were working on the US line and the Chinese was just coming up I think.

Yesterday I had a question so I looked up the forum again, and I noticed this old screenshot in my attachments :P

shot_029a.jpg

Troll much..  (if you cant see it, it's a screenshot of my old SU-14 (yes, before the 14-2) 1shotting a tank for 2000 HP)

Yes I admit I played arty a lot, with the old SU-14 as my fav with a 300% crew or something like that.  I was just as annoyed as everyone when I was being hit by arty though lol.

After they changed the SU-14 I kinda left the arty for what it was and went down the TD lines.

I did notice they removed the AP rounds for arty which I can fully understand (see picture again lol) and its more about splashing now.

I also noticed my OP WT100 got removed, but that wasnt a big surprise hehe.

With all the new tanks, and I even saw wheeled tanks now, how are the old school tanks holding up?   Is my AMX 13 90 still good for scouting/harrassing etc?  Or is it powercreeped into oblivion..

Do you have any good memories of the old days?

:popcorn:

nothing OG left except probably Ruski Tanks. In my opinion the game is worse than 5 years ago

Q77 #3 Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12663 battles

Really? Damn.. I did manage to get some games in this week and I am really struggling.

I guess its because I dont know any of the newer tanks so I have no idea how to counter them etc, and those wheeled scouts are insanely effective as well.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 78050 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostQ77, on 09 January 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

13 90 Is still my all-time fav scout. It lost it's 6 round mag when it became a tier 9. But with 4 it reloads way faster, so way more flexible vs having to wait all day for a reload. It's arguably one of the better hybrid scouts and still a solid bully.

As for the OG's? Germany has fallen behind on most tanks, but still has some solid options. Tho the Lowe got buffed a few times to be one of the more solid tier 8 prems. We can't say the same for the Tiger II etc. US is still in the same spot tbh on most tiers. France has seen some changes on TDs and meds inc the Foch 155 removal. But new meds are still solid. And they have an armored HT lane. That only has one good one "tier 9". The Russians have seen changes on TDs and meds too... for the better tbh. The ISU-152 lost the big gun with a different one, making the tier 9 a bit better with his variant. The other SU line went from crap support TDs to assault TDs with fairly good armor and no accuracy. SU-100M1 as top tier now is... interesting. And the Russian high tier meds in general are... nasty now with their latest additions, tier 9's are still solid. Mid-tier Russians are still solid too, but nothing amazing.

tomatoRNGmaster #5 Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 39127 battles

I remember when IS-3 and IS-6 were the biggest nightmares you could face as a tier VI.

1ucky #6 Posted 20 January 2020 - 02:10 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 93126 battles
  • [THRIL] THRIL

View PostQ77, on 09 January 2020 - 07:01 PM, said:

(...)

shot_029a.jpg

(...)

You know what, that's a damn nice artistic screenshot you got there.

I can remember AP/HEAT shells on arties, too, from back in the day.

And having goals to research/buy some Tier 6es.

Now those arty shells exist no more and any new starting player gets a Tier 6 tank for free for a set of beginner missions that they have to accomplish.

Stuff's changed.

But, allegedly it's gonna change again.

Including new arty shell types and rebalances of lower tiered vehicles. So both of these things might become more relevant/interesting again, "soon".

#WoT2020

P.S.

Welcome back! :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users