Why am I lagging with OK internet ?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

HibouQuiDort #1 Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:30 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1544 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
So i've been playing for 1 month now, everything was ok for me, but since 2-3 days, my game crashes in 1 out of 2 games. By crashing i mean my tank drives forward and i cant stop it, and my turret goes right-left-right-left for a moment (usually 15-30 seconds) then everything goes back as normal. My PC, mouse, keyboard are brand new, my internet is not the greatest but i mean... okay (100-150 ms of ping) and it does that only since 2-3 days as i said earlier. Anyone has an idea about whats happening / how to fix it ? 

unhappy_bunny #2 Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:39 PM

Colonel

• 20502 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

First question. Are you using any mods? If so run without them and see it still happens.

You could also run pingplotter while playing and see it that shows anything.

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 09 January 2020 - 07:40 PM.

ValkyrionX #3 Posted 09 January 2020 - 07:41 PM

Major

• 55655 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

download ping plotter and try pinging the servers

https://www.pingplotter.com/

• World of Tanks EU server 1: login.p1.worldoftanks.eu
  • World of Tanks EU server 2: login.p2.worldoftanks.eu

other useful links:

https://deepfocus.io/wot_ping.php

https://www.speedtest.net/

https://www.meter.net/ping-test/

LegamerTWOM #4 Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:21 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4367 battles
  • [H_C] H_C

I have the exact same problem for quite some weeks now. Every single battle i have 20 secs of the server not receiving any input from me. It's not my pc and my internet (i run the game in ultra at 60+ fps and i have 1gb internet with usually 20ms ping). Today i got the bug but what's interesting is that my opponent wich was in front of me got the same problem in the exact same time and died because of that.

Here is a record of the replay, i have the server reticle and you can see that the player drive into the wall and my turret is moving back and forth.

https://imgur.com/vqSQUsZ

Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:23 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 9945 battles
  • [GUP] GUP
150ms Ping? Sounds like WiFi troubles to me.

Homer_J #6 Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:44 PM

Field Marshal

• 33157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLegamerTWOM, on 09 January 2020 - 09:21 PM, said:

Here is a record of the replay,

You can upload replays to wotreplays.eu

As for lag, first thing you have to do is...

Download pingplotter (free version)

if you use EU1 point it at login.p1.worldoftanks.eu

if you use EU2 point it at login.p2.worldoftanks.eu

Let it run while you play a few battles.

Save the trace as an image and post it up here.

Then we can talk about if your internet is OK because most of the time it isn't.

LegamerTWOM #7 Posted 09 January 2020 - 10:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4367 battles
  • [H_C] H_C

Okay so after a bit of research the cause seems to be a French ISP (free), HibouQuiDort i assume you are in the same position. (the username is French).

Edit : Saw your reply, running pingplotter atm.

Edit 2 : Here is the result after one battle, the red thing is when the problem happens. Keep in mind that i can navigate on the web while WoT is lagging.

Spoiler

Edited by LegamerTWOM, 09 January 2020 - 11:34 PM.

Spurtung #8 Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:56 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76259 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

View PostLegamerTWOM, on 09 January 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Keep in mind that i can navigate on the web while WoT is lagging.

And that matters zero.

If the "road" between you and the destination is clogged, it really doesn't matter that the "road" to a different place isn't, hence the need to run a pingplotter test between you and the WOT server you're currently using, because that's where you'll find the issues.

Homer_J #9 Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:32 AM

Field Marshal

• 33157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostLegamerTWOM, on 09 January 2020 - 09:45 PM, said:

Edit 2 : Here is the result after one battle, the red thing is when the problem happens. Keep in mind that i can navigate on the web while WoT is lagging.

Spoiler

Where is the rest of your trace mate?  The bit with all the hops on.  That bit at the bottom is completely useless on it's own.

Should look like this.

Posted Image

Being able to get to the web page is also totally irrelevant, they aren't even hosted in the same place and TCP connections will ask for a retransmission of lost packets, UDP won't.

PiFouX #10 Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:54 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 28061 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostLegamerTWOM, on 09 January 2020 - 10:45 PM, said:

Okay so after a bit of research the cause seems to be a French ISP (free), HibouQuiDort i assume you are in the same position. (the username is French).

Edit : Saw your reply, running pingplotter atm.

I confirm this is a problem impacting all French players using ISP Free. There is a specific topic on the french forum. The ISP customer service is aware of the issue and "working" on it...

Problem is with one of the ISP servers and the quick fix is to install a VPN, to switch the routing to reach WarGaming servers.

HibouQuiDort #11 Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1544 battles
  • [-AEG-] -AEG-
Anyway, im changing router in some weeks, and I might consider changing also internet operator (idk if its the right word but my english is limited ) and im getting the... optical wire i believe its called (u know the one with glass in it and transfers data by light signals) so maybe that will solve my problem. Thanks all for the support ! :)

Edited by HibouQuiDort, 10 January 2020 - 06:39 PM.

tfujlesiu #12 Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:16 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11701 battles
  • [-PAB] -PAB

It is ping hack. If u kill player responde for this ping back to normal.

Guys and Gals

Please stop and think before posting like this.

A fellow player has a problem that prevents him/her from playing and comes to the forum seeking help.

There is a time and a place for humour but this isn't it. 

Be respectful, be constructive, or refrain from posting.

Thank you and may the small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri guide your shots.

Edit:

^i dunno how WG protect our IP, but i had empirical experience with that type of lagging during few own battles. Always, i say always lagging stops immediatelly with death of one opposite enemy. I throw out any net or computer circumstances (monitoring ping flood on  wg eu servers and system performances was ok). It looks similar to this example: i see rushing tank (last time Defender) stupidly on open terrain, but after aim on i get laggs like hell, enemy around me and finish off because i cannot do anything. Laggs apparently touch only few players who fight directly with enemy Defender. All others dont feels any laggs (others which write about this on chat). Strange case? I had same only few times, but tell me it isnt strange and very comparable to this how ping hack works? Sorry if i offend anybody, but trully i didnt want troll or smthing just help to aim maybe omitted possibilities.

with best regards

(srry for language errors, english isnt my native)

Edited by tfujlesiu, 13 January 2020 - 01:14 PM.

lolomantasss #13 Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:12 AM

Private

• Player
  • 2666 battles
i found that when i use a particular DNS server my connection to wg servers is slightly better. is it true or im wrong?

Wreckedum #14 Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:33 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 119539 battles
It is usual to blame the game server. However between you and the server are probably 10+ connections. It is likely one of them. Find out which one is the problem with a ping scan program and report to your isp

Edited by Wreckedum, 13 January 2020 - 02:34 AM.

kaneloon #15 Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:51 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31566 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

View PostCrySpy, on 13 January 2020 - 01:37 AM, said:

Impeccable and flawless logic here. May I ask you to share with us how you deduced it?

He implies that a strong denial is a guilty behavior.

Anyway I too have connexion problem, even if I stay under the 50 ms the game has sometimes latency.

unhappy_bunny #16 Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:11 PM

Colonel

• 20502 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

I have removed some posts that are derailing this thread. 

The reason for this thread is a fellow player is seeking help

Not for others to continue a non-constructive banter.

Homer_J #17 Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:46 PM

Field Marshal

• 33157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttfujlesiu, on 12 January 2020 - 10:16 PM, said:

Edit:

^i dunno how WG protect our IP, but i had empirical experience with that type of lagging during few own battles.

It is quite simple.

You talk to the server, the server talks to the other players.  At no time do you talk to the other players.  So only the server sees your IP address.  Other players do not see your IP address so they cannot do a ping flood or DDoS or anything on you.

tfujlesiu #18 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:19 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11701 battles
  • [-PAB] -PAB

View PostHomer_J, on 13 January 2020 - 01:46 PM, said:

It is quite simple.

You talk to the server, the server talks to the other players.  At no time do you talk to the other players.  So only the server sees your IP address.  Other players do not see your IP address so they cannot do a ping flood or DDoS or anything on you.

From other side, directly DDoS or external ping probably would be detected by firewall. So ... server overload for choosen ones?

[edited]

Do not discuss the actions of moderators on the open forum

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 13 January 2020 - 08:13 PM.
removed rule breaking content

Homer_J #19 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:26 PM

Field Marshal

• 33157 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Posttfujlesiu, on 13 January 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

From other side, directly DDoS or external ping probably would be detected by firewall. So ... server overload for choosen ones?

Will you stop making stuff up off the top of your head.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #20 Posted 13 January 2020 - 09:29 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 35288 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Posttfujlesiu, on 13 January 2020 - 03:19 PM, said:

[edited]

Do not discuss the actions of moderators on the open forum

The server does not share your IP with any other player in battle therefore it is impossible for them to DDOS you.

Attempting to flood the server with packets is at best going to cause problems for the quality of the connection of the one doing the flooding. The server doesn't care, it will still only send and receive the data that it needs from you. Attempting to DDOS the server isn't going to result in the server DDOSing you.

If you have a bad connection you should go talk to your ISP about it. You'll likely get a much better result than trying to blame it on invisible hackers. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users