Jump to content


Damage for shoot in some tanks


  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Paulo_Lion_Heart #1 Posted 10 January 2020 - 04:45 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 24975 battles
  • 100
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

Have tanks and not is important the name or the tier, can create 1800 damage for shoot or more, I think is to much.

 

If one tank take 1000 damage is a lot, and is haf of HP of normally all tanks, 1500 is death shoot for many, and more of 1500 is a insane damage for shoot.

 

Should be rethinking this type of damage of some type of tanks?

15:53 Added after 8 minute

But I admit if I have gun creating 2000 damage per shoot I will enjoy.

 

But it's hard you get kill in shoot. 



StronkiTonki #2 Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:08 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 34866 battles
  • 1,117
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

Only the JP E-100, the British 183's and some derp guns can get over 1000 damage in a single shot.

If it's other tanks hitting you for that much damage, you might just be getting ammoracked, which happens if your ammunition explodes, which is a rare occurance.



Paulo_Lion_Heart #3 Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:13 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 24975 battles
  • 100
  • Member since:
    05-12-2012

Ya I talk specially of that death shoot British 183. :/ 

 



Cobra6 #4 Posted 10 January 2020 - 05:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • 17,850
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

While it's tricky to decipher what you are tying to say exactly, I think you are right that super high alpha guns are a bit of a problem in WoT as they are far too punishing for minor mistakes.

 

If you get blatted for 1/2 to 3/4 of your health for trying to peek or make some active plays, I think it doesn't promote interesting or rewarding gameplay.

 

Cobra 6



StronkiTonki #5 Posted 10 January 2020 - 06:09 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 34866 battles
  • 1,117
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

I honestly think laser pointed Skorpions are a bigger problem.

The 183's are super inaccurate, and rely on a lot of luck to get a penning hit.

When you get penned by a 183, I'd say it's mostly your own fault for letting such a big slow TD do that to you.

Because of this, I rarely get penned by 183's.

 

They actually need to hit you in a weaker part of your armor.

 

It's a whole different thing when I lose 1/3rd to half of my HP with a Skorpion or an SU-130PM.

Those things are just way too consistent and screw me over almost every match.

Even as far as penning me straight through my gun mantlet when playing in a Russian heavy.

Now that is BS.

 

I'm being very genuine here when I say that getting oneshotted by a 183 only makes me shrug, while when I get penned by a Skorpion instantly makes me roll my eyes and make that sound that a person makes when he gets annoyed.


Edited by StronkiTonki, 10 January 2020 - 06:10 PM.


MeetriX #6 Posted 10 January 2020 - 09:54 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24895 battles
  • 4,163
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostStronkiTonki, on 10 January 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

I honestly think laser pointed Skorpions are a bigger problem.

The 183's are super inaccurate, and rely on a lot of luck to get a penning hit.

When you get penned by a 183, I'd say it's mostly your own fault for letting such a big slow TD do that to you.

Because of this, I rarely get penned by 183's.

 

They actually need to hit you in a weaker part of your armor.

 

It's a whole different thing when I lose 1/3rd to half of my HP with a Skorpion or an SU-130PM.

Those things are just way too consistent and screw me over almost every match.

Even as far as penning me straight through my gun mantlet when playing in a Russian heavy.

Now that is BS.

 

I'm being very genuine here when I say that getting oneshotted by a 183 only makes me shrug, while when I get penned by a Skorpion instantly makes me roll my eyes and make that sound that a person makes when he gets annoyed.

Could it be because 183 is a relatively rare tank unlike Skorpion/SU-130?



Balc0ra #7 Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:07 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74816 battles
  • 21,576
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
WG did test an alpha reduction on the 183 and JpzE100 to below 1K on AP. But not much did happen to it. And HESH as the 183 is using, is the next thing that WG would look at once the HE rework has a more solid direction.

CmdRatScabies #8 Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:28 PM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 38551 battles
  • 5,486
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    10-12-2015

View PostStronkiTonki, on 10 January 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

I honestly think laser pointed Skorpions are a bigger problem.

I think the chap that built my Skorpion missed off the laser.



Solstad1069 #9 Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:34 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 45956 battles
  • 3,694
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostCmdRatScabies, on 10 January 2020 - 11:28 PM, said:

I think the chap that built my Skorpion missed off the laser.

 

I think Rhm got the laser version of that gun :)

22:38 Added after 3 minute

View PostPaulo_Lion_Heart, on 10 January 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

Ya I talk specially of that death shoot British 183. :/ 

 

 

Another major problem with 183 is the need for flat ground. Brawling with heavies on Westfield is so difficult.



Gnaal #10 Posted 11 January 2020 - 03:24 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 12268 battles
  • 45
  • Member since:
    01-27-2018

View PostPaulo_Lion_Heart, on 10 January 2020 - 04:45 PM, said:

Have tanks and not is important the name or the tier, can create 1800 damage for shoot or more, I think is to much.

 

If one tank take 1000 damage is a lot, and is haf of HP of normally all tanks, 1500 is death shoot for many, and more of 1500 is a insane damage for shoot.

 

Should be rethinking this type of damage of some type of tanks?

15:53 Added after 8 minute

But I admit if I have gun creating 2000 damage per shoot I will enjoy.

 

But it's hard you get kill in shoot. 

 

I have the Death Star, and let me tell you it is not as huge of a problem as you think, because the thing is really hard to get actual hits on enemies with. Sure, if you do hit, it will pack an enormous punch, but you will often have to take shots that have a slim chance to hit, and you can't fire more than ~2 shots per minute.

 

Playing pretty much anything else on the top tiers feels easier to get good damage, albeit in smaller chunks at a time.



StronkiTonki #11 Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:38 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 34866 battles
  • 1,117
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostMeetriX, on 10 January 2020 - 08:54 PM, said:

Could it be because 183 is a relatively rare tank unlike Skorpion/SU-130?

 

Only proves my point that the Skorp and 130 are OP and the 183's are not.

Since OP tanks are always a lot more popular and just get overplayed by everyone.

Which is exactly the case.

 

Can you imagine the equivalent of a Skorpion G on tier 10?

Imagine if the Grille had a fully rotating turret.


Edited by StronkiTonki, 11 January 2020 - 05:44 AM.


MeetriX #12 Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:03 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24895 battles
  • 4,163
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostStronkiTonki, on 11 January 2020 - 05:38 AM, said:

 

Only proves my point that the Skorp and 130 are OP and the 183's are not.

Since OP tanks are always a lot more popular and just get overplayed by everyone.

Which is exactly the case.

 

Can you imagine the equivalent of a Skorpion G on tier 10?

Imagine if the Grille had a fully rotating turret.

Skorpion and SU are premium tanks that anyone can buy and start to grind lots of credits.

183 ain't.



StronkiTonki #13 Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:23 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Clan Commander
  • 34866 battles
  • 1,117
  • [T0AST] T0AST
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostMeetriX, on 11 January 2020 - 06:03 AM, said:

Skorpion and SU are premium tanks that anyone can buy and start to grind lots of credits.

183 ain't.

 

Why would that ever make any difference?

Tier 10, just like any other tier, has popular tanks as well, which are either very good or even simply OP.

 

The point here is:

When a tank is bad or less competetive, they are played more rarely.

When a tank is competetive or just simply OP, you see them every single match.

 

Skorpion is by far the most popular tier 8 premium tank, and there is a reason for that.

There's plenty of other tier 8 prems that anyone can buy that almost nobody plays.

 

I literally see nothing logical about your argument here. A tank's performance literally translates into it's popularity.



wsatnutter #14 Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:24 AM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 26699 battles
  • 9,638
  • [WSAT] WSAT
  • Member since:
    08-25-2010
to a degree I agree

MeetriX #15 Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:41 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 24895 battles
  • 4,163
  • [_ACE] _ACE
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

View PostStronkiTonki, on 11 January 2020 - 08:23 AM, said:

 

Why would that ever make any difference?

Tier 10, just like any other tier, has popular tanks as well, which are either very good or even simply OP.

CW tanks are popular and very good.

183 is popular too, but not everybody has it, because they did not had a 25000000 credits or fail to grind it in time.

The point here is:

When a tank is bad or less competetive, they are played more rarely

Or it is a rare tank.

When a tank is competetive or just simply OP, you see them every single match.

I don't see Pz 2s very often and that tank is very OP and competetive.

Skorpion is by far the most popular tier 8 premium tank, and there is a reason for that.

Yeah. It can be bought and it prints credits. (It is good)

There's plenty of other tier 8 prems that anyone can buy that almost nobody plays.

OG premiums are not popular because power creep.

There are still a lot of tanks that are more popular than tech tree tanks. 

 

I literally see nothing logical about your argument here. A tank's performance literally translates into it's popularity.

You're comparing apples and oranges.

 



Cobra6 #16 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:14 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16562 battles
  • 17,850
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostStronkiTonki, on 10 January 2020 - 05:09 PM, said:

I honestly think laser pointed Skorpions are a bigger problem.

 

Interesting since the only thing my Skorpion G does at range is throw the shells into the ground just in front of the target..... It has a very weird shell curve to it, like most German 128mm guns.

 

Cobra 6






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users