Cromwell and so on...how do you play them again?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

TankBuzzsaw #1 Posted 11 January 2020 - 04:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9016 battles

Hello tankers!

Everytime I see my Cromwell in the garage I think 'No, I'm not using you, because you let me down everytime' and I choose another tank...then during a match a Cromwell just pops out from nowhere and it kills me (meanwhile I'm asking for help and my team is dying or already dead). 

I read MTs are the 'flanking' tanks, so I try to get into position to shoot at the sides of the enemy, but I get wrecked by a TD lurking in the shadows behind the main force when I go out of my spot, or even if I stay behind my spot waiting for the right moment a light tank or medium tank comes out of a corner and destroys me. Question: Cromwell and the upper tier mediums are really worth it?

voodoospirit #2 Posted 11 January 2020 - 05:52 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30283 battles

cromwell is a very good med, but not precise on the move but a good all in one tank.

the rest of the line is not too complicated to play as well, dont recall to insult them unlike some other nation lines 

comet is slower but a good support tank.

centurion t8/t9 can hull down but have weak stock guns and low amor on the  hull. (2nd/3rd line tank)

u need to have those tanks more or less full to be really effactive, good firesupport and flanker, good at hulldown too, but dont have much armor to tank but the frontal turret.

synopsis: paper tank , hulldown, good top guns, good front turret, somewhat mobile.

Edited by voodoospirit, 11 January 2020 - 05:54 PM.

TankBuzzsaw #3 Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:55 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 9016 battles

View Postvoodoospirit, on 11 January 2020 - 04:52 PM, said:

cromwell is a very good med, but not precise on the move but a good all in one tank.

the rest of the line is not too complicated to play as well, dont recall to insult them unlike some other nation lines 

comet is slower but a good support tank.

centurion t8/t9 can hull down but have weak stock guns and low amor on the  hull. (2nd/3rd line tank)

u need to have those tanks more or less full to be really effactive, good firesupport and flanker, good at hulldown too, but dont have much armor to tank but the frontal turret.

synopsis: paper tank , hulldown, good top guns, good front turret, somewhat mobile.

Thank you for the response. It happened many times during a match that I shot the sides of Centurion Mk  hull, and it the shell bounced away even if the cross was green and I had enough penetration (the tank was half hull down), so I don't think they're bad in general; but compared to chinese or soviet medium tanks, the latter seem superior for guns and turret armor and less of painful grinding tanks. What do you think?

voodoospirit #4 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 30283 battles
i got not much trouble to grind them, u wont be able to hold on the 1st line like some russian meds but brits meds have good pen and damages. just think as a flanker and never try to tank (or in hulldown mode)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users