Blocking damage

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Kalonianhydra #1 Posted 11 January 2020 - 09:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30639 battles

How many of you get shot,  blocks the shot but it doesn't show up in the statistics?

This happens a lot these days, and if you get shot in a heavy tank and block a HE round and take no damage, you get 0 damage blocked.

They rely need to change this.

Not much fun to block shots that doesn't count when you need them for missions.

shikaka9 #2 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 73636 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-
HE "blocks" not counts ... thats WG philosophy :)

azakow #3 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:55 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 84456 battles

View PostKalonianhydra, on 11 January 2020 - 09:38 PM, said:

How many of you get shot,  blocks the shot but it doesn't show up in the statistics?

This happens a lot these days, and if you get shot in a heavy tank and block a HE round and take no damage, you get 0 damage blocked.

They rely need to change this.

Not much fun to block shots that doesn't count when you need them for missions.

You made my day!

Spoiler

Balc0ra #4 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74816 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
If HE did count for missions. I suspect it would be way easier. But as you only "block" it as the splash is to low to hit anything more so than not. It's not really your armor that did block it is it most times? Same when the tracks eat it. Your armor did not save you there. But if it did count, I would have done blocking missions way faster too.

PowJay #5 Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:00 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 41274 battles

These missions are so counter-intuitive. Find a lower tier or weaker enemy. Keep him interested and let him shoot you as much as possible while allowing him to survive. The appropriate alternative is, obviously, to stomp the little so and so into the ground and go and kill his allies. 

The fact that blocked HE damage doesn't count only adds to the extreme frustration of these missions and perpetuates the problem of not actively engaging in winning the battle! :facepalm:

MeetriX #6 Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:11 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24895 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostBalc0ra, on 11 January 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

If HE did count for missions. I suspect it would be way easier. But as you only "block" it as the splash is to low to hit anything more so than not. It's not really your armor that did block it is it most times? Same when the tracks eat it. Your armor did not save you there. But if it did count, I would have done blocking missions way faster too.

If it isn't the armor that absorb the damage then what it is? :amazed:

Spurtung #7 Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:38 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76145 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

It's funny, isn't it?

WG: "Oh, you blocked it? Big deal, still not counting that for your mission, deal with it."

also WG: "That HE shot penned you for 800dmg? LULZ, sucks being you."

NUKLEAR_SLUG #8 Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:55 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 35261 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY
Blocking only counts if it hits your armour and the damage is deflected. If it hits an external module or your tracks and they get damaged you didn't block it. 

Kalonianhydra #9 Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 30639 battles

I have even blocked a lot of "normal" rounds that doesn't count as well.

All shots fired at a tank that does zero (0) damage should count as blocked, regardless of type.

I guess they don't count tracking shots as they do damage to the tracks but not towards the health of the tank. But all other should count.

Bulldog_Drummond #10 Posted 12 January 2020 - 07:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34146 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT
There are some funny videos floating around of toon players from top clans going into a circle to shoot each other to win award tanks

UrQuan #11 Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22203 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 12 January 2020 - 07:55 AM, said:

Blocking only counts if it hits your armour and the damage is deflected. If it hits an external module or your tracks and they get damaged you didn't block it. 

This is the short version. For blocked damage to count, it has to be stopped by your armor, not your external modules; tracks/wheels are known, gun too, but also optics can be external & on some tanks they do get hit often.

Note that spaced armor can cause the damage blocked indicator to go haywire, often acting inconsistently. Really need to check more replays with spaced armor tanks on why that is (or get me a Superperhsing to figure it out....)

HE are excepted due to how they work as they can cause damage even by not hitting you, so they tend to be excluded, else damage blocked can go up to some huge values. Note that all HE hits still count towards awards like Steel Wall (once verified this by building a Steel Wall out of nothing but HE hits on my Maus....)

For me, the damage blocked notifier ingame is quite consistent, don't see much oddities with it once you know how it works (and yes it doesn't count non-damaging HE shells)

Note that it used to track all non damaging shots (except HE) as blocked damage, this resulted in silly things like light tanks blocking tons of damage, due to their tracks, or armored HT's blocking 20K damage (all that tracked damage....)

Hence if this would get reimplemented, the damage blocked requirement on missions must be upped considerably as well, else they become trivial to do.

Edited by UrQuan, 12 January 2020 - 08:13 PM.

Bulldog_Drummond #12 Posted 12 January 2020 - 08:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34146 battles
  • [DRATT] DRATT

I carried the game by blocking so many shots

You exposed yourself too much

He was clueless

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users