Jump to content


Tier 8 Premium Winners


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Bulldog_Drummond #1 Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34198 battles
  • 11,232
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

I have at least a dozen of these Tier VIII premiums, and have dreadful results in all of them, with one exception, The Turtle

I can't claim to be good in it, but at least the results have not been catastrophic

Is it me or is it the Turtles?

 

 



Spurtung #2 Posted 11 January 2020 - 11:54 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 76259 battles
  • 7,206
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 January 2020 - 10:48 PM, said:

Is it me or is it the Turtles?

 

No poll, bahhh.



Bulldog_Drummond #3 Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:06 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34198 battles
  • 11,232
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostSpurtung, on 11 January 2020 - 10:54 PM, said:

 

No poll, bahhh.

 

Tragically there appears to be no way way to add a poll, but mine would have been "Is I is or is I isn't?"

 

How to win in a Turtle even when you are useless:

 

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5181436#ensk-bulldog_drummond-turtle_mk_i


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 12 January 2020 - 12:14 AM.


Spurtung #4 Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:20 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 76259 battles
  • 7,206
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT
  • Member since:
    07-05-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 11 January 2020 - 11:06 PM, said:

Tragically there appears to be no way way to add a poll, but mine would have been "Is I is or is I isn't?"

 

Before was was was, was was is, therefore you is is.



Bulldog_Drummond #5 Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:21 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34198 battles
  • 11,232
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostSpurtung, on 11 January 2020 - 11:20 PM, said:

 

Before was was was, was was is, therefore you is is.

 

Was not was?

The nice thing about the Turtle is that it has not only solid armour but also a solid gun

Not sure what WG did wrong when they made this one but it puts my other Tier 8 Premiums to shame


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 12 January 2020 - 12:23 AM.


1ucky #6 Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:03 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 89606 battles
  • 1,703
  • [THRIL] THRIL
  • Member since:
    11-05-2013
Looks like a good tank, but once it's flipped over, it's done.

BrinklyWollox #7 Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:04 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28387 battles
  • 11,416
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

This thread prompted me to check the win rates of my tier 8 premiums. :great:

 

That was depressing. :(



Ratriq #8 Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:55 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6419 battles
  • 606
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 12 January 2020 - 09:04 AM, said:

This thread prompted me to check the win rates of my tier 8 premiums. :great:

 

That was depressing. :(

Depressing? The only thing which is depressing here is the fact you've only played with the Tiger 131 once.



BrinklyWollox #9 Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:16 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28387 battles
  • 11,416
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostRatriq, on 12 January 2020 - 10:55 AM, said:

Depressing? The only thing which is depressing here is the fact you've only played with the Tiger 131 once.

 

Can't risk that 100% win rate. :hiding:

 

What really surprises me now I've taken a proper look is that I've also only played the Panther/M10 once. I really rate that tank and recommend it all the time yet I've barely taken it out of the garage. :amazed:



Ratriq #10 Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:21 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6419 battles
  • 606
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 12 January 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

Can't risk that 100% win rate. :hiding:

 

What really surprises me now I've taken a proper look is that I've also only played the Panther/M10 once. I really rate that tank and recommend it all the time yet I've barely taken it out of the garage. :amazed:

Wait, how can you recommend a tank that you, yourself, have only played once?



BrinklyWollox #11 Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:26 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28387 battles
  • 11,416
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostRatriq, on 12 January 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

Wait, how can you recommend a tank that you, yourself, have only played once?

 

:confused:

 

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 12 January 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

I really rate that tank ...

 

Did I stutter?



Ratriq #12 Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:34 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6419 battles
  • 606
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 12 January 2020 - 11:26 AM, said:

Did I stutter?

Well, doesn't "I really rate that tank" mean you "you really recommend it"?



BrinklyWollox #13 Posted 12 January 2020 - 12:57 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28387 battles
  • 11,416
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostRatriq, on 12 January 2020 - 11:34 AM, said:

Well, doesn't "I really rate that tank" mean you "you really recommend it"?

 

No. Rating a tank means I think it's enjoyable to play but that's a subjective assessment. I wouldn't always recommend something that I enjoy playing because I have an affection for oddball tanks. For example, I really rate my CDC, I think it's one of the best looking tanks in the game and I thoroughly enjoy playing it ... I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they're a confessed masochist who enjoys repairing modules. I rate the STG yet you rarely see anyone recommend it and when I do, I make sure to caveat that recommendation with its various downsides.

 

The Panther/M10 is a VK 30.02 (M) on tier 7 with PMM, great gun handling, capable of training nearly any German medium crew and is historical. It's easy to recommend as a trainer or first credit earner and doesn't need caveats because if you've played one VK, you've played them all (tech tree, Pudel, Bretagne Panther, P/M10).



Ratriq #14 Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:02 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 6419 battles
  • 606
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 12 January 2020 - 11:57 AM, said:

 

No. Rating a tank means I think it's enjoyable to play but that's a subjective assessment. I wouldn't always recommend something that I enjoy playing because I have an affection for oddball tanks. For example, I really rate my CDC, I think it's one of the best looking tanks in the game and I thoroughly enjoy playing it ... I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they're a confessed masochist who enjoys repairing modules. I rate the STG yet you rarely see anyone recommend it and when I do, I make sure to caveat that recommendation with its various downsides.

 

The Panther/M10 is a VK 30.02 (M) on tier 7 with PMM, great gun handling, capable of training nearly any German medium crew and is historical. It's easy to recommend as a trainer or first credit earner and doesn't need caveats because if you've played one VK, you've played them all (tech tree, Pudel, Bretagne Panther, P/M10).

Oh, alright. Didn't actually know about that, thanks for letting me know though.


Edited by Ratriq, 12 January 2020 - 01:03 PM.


Dramya #15 Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 16323 battles
  • 323
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_
  • Member since:
    03-30-2014

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 12 January 2020 - 01:57 PM, said:

 

No. Rating a tank means I think it's enjoyable to play but that's a subjective assessment. I wouldn't always recommend something that I enjoy playing because I have an affection for oddball tanks. For example, I really rate my CDC, I think it's one of the best looking tanks in the game and I thoroughly enjoy playing it ... I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless they're a confessed masochist who enjoys repairing modules. I rate the STG yet you rarely see anyone recommend it and when I do, I make sure to caveat that recommendation with its various downsides.

 

The Panther/M10 is a VK 30.02 (M) on tier 7 with PMM, great gun handling, capable of training nearly any German medium crew and is historical. It's easy to recommend as a trainer or first credit earner and doesn't need caveats because if you've played one VK, you've played them all (tech tree, Pudel, Bretagne Panther, P/M10).

 

When you rate something you usually rate it as a certain value, rating in itself has no meaning. For instance, you rate the Panther/M10 7 out of 10 which means you think it's playable but not top-notch or you rate the Panther/M10 3 out of 10 which means it's garbage but there is worse.

 

Rate: noun

a measure, quantity, or frequency, typically one measured against another quantity or measure.



BrinklyWollox #16 Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:48 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28387 battles
  • 11,416
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015

View PostDramya, on 12 January 2020 - 12:30 PM, said:

When you rate something you usually rate it as a certain value, rating in itself has no meaning. For instance, you rate the Panther/M10 7 out of 10 which means you think it's playable but not top-notch or you rate the Panther/M10 3 out of 10 which means it's garbage but there is worse.

 

Rate: noun

a measure, quantity, or frequency, typically one measured against another quantity or measure.

 

:rolleyes:

 

If you read my post properly you'll see I'm using 'rate' as a verb, not a noun, so the definition you're looking for is ...

verb
1.  assign a standard or value to (something) according to a particular scale.
       
"they were asked to rate their ability at different driving manoeuvres"

 

The context of my post makes it clear that the scale I'm applying is one of my enjoyment. Please pay attention, I may be setting exam questions based on this exercise.



Bulldog_Drummond #17 Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34198 battles
  • 11,232
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

I also had a lot of fun in my KV-5, and have played thousands of games in it over the years, but time has rather passed it by.

Shooting through the top plates of Soviet Heavies with a KV-5 was always amusing, as was occasionally getting to ram some poor sucker while speeding downhill



Flubber42 #18 Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:12 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 31699 battles
  • 80
  • [UKPK] UKPK
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014
For me it seems that slow tanks saves me from doing stupid stuff early in the games.

Jumping_Turtle #19 Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:19 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 71627 battles
  • 8,203
  • [CNUT] CNUT
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

View PostSpurtung, on 11 January 2020 - 11:54 PM, said:

 

No poll, bahhh.

 

Turtles would win anyway ;)



Bulldog_Drummond #20 Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 34198 battles
  • 11,232
  • [DRATT] DRATT
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostJumping_Turtle, on 12 January 2020 - 02:19 PM, said:

 

Turtles would win anyway ;)

 

Giant turtle, aged 100, has fathered 1000 children https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7875983/Diego-100-year-old-tortoise-set-release-saving-species-fathering-800-offspring.html

 

Diego is believed to be responsible for at least 40 percent of the 2,000-tortoise population in the park at Santa Cruz island in Southern California, according to rangers

 

 


Edited by Bulldog_Drummond, 12 January 2020 - 06:49 PM.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users