• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Mr_Dayne #1 Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:31 AM

Private

• Player
  • 27639 battles
  • [TR4IN] TR4IN

So what even is chat banning?.

I've been chat banned a couple of times, for things that shouldn't be written in the chats, yet is freely slung around like crapin a major political election. I don't have a problem with being chat banned, per say. In theory, it should stop me from being toxic to the team, right? WRONG!

What chat banning does, is stopping a fairly competent and knowledgeable player from helping their team at all. I can't say what health the enemy that killed me is on, I can't suggest tactics, I can't give information about the enemy. I can only click on a section of the map and hope that the team will know that 2 medium auto loaders and a heavy tank are flanking around the south, both meds reloading, and the heavy tank severely wounded.

To think my teammates can gleen that kind of information from several desperate clicks on the map is ridiculous. But that's not the worst part of being chat banned.

The worst part is the COMPLETE obstruction of communication, in the garage as well.

I can't write to my friends in the game, and I can't defend myself when some stranger with a stick up his [edited]thinks playing survivalist is bad. (see attached file)

Why, Wargaming? Why make such a half-assed attempt at keeping people down? It's one thing that people are actually hurt by angry writing from strangers they probably won't see for another couple months, but to still make it possible for people to write to the chat banned? Honestly, if selective speech doesn't scream communism, I don't know what does.

Sincerely, the person being chat banned for something that was written 3 days before the chat ban.

jack_timber #2 Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 42163 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Quote...."I've been chat banned a couple of times, for things that shouldn't be written in the chats"

And another quote...."Why, Wargaming?"

And the answer is....

Well, to use an old saying, you can't keep a civil tongue in your head. 

Orkbert #3 Posted 12 January 2020 - 11:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 28798 battles

View Postjack_timber, on 12 January 2020 - 10:18 AM, said:

Well, to use an old saying, you can't keep a civil tongue in your head. 

Not to mention that the tongue wouldn't even need to be that civil.

I also tend to express my dissatisfaction with nonperforming teammembers, so stuff like "n**b", "b*t", "idi*t" and so on tend to fly off from my keyboard regularly and I haven't got any chatban so far.

ERROR301 #4 Posted Yesterday, 01:36 AM

Private

• Player
  • 22055 battles
  • [ERORZ] ERORZ

im still on a 13 day chat ban lol again!! its still possible to chat though

maybe wg needs to start banning the retard cheat modders trying to sell accounts instead of banning people for suggesting a complete idiot might infact be "a complete fkn idiot"??

mm isn't a problem. get rid of the [edited]selling accounts and cheating they improve the game.

this game is getting pointless. you buy premium days but its no use because morons in game sit there using aimbot to get damage and don't care if they win or lose so!

for me im refusing to pay anything else for this game until wg get rid of the cheats

if enough people protest we might make wg do some work and delete the cheat accounts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users