Jump to content


Duplicate crew skins are pointless


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Poll: Duplicate Crew skins (21 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

What would you prefer to get as a 'Reward for merit'

  1. A duplicate crew skin to one you already have. (4 votes [19.05%])

    Percentage of vote: 19.05%

  2. A small amount of Credits or Consumables (17 votes [80.95%])

    Percentage of vote: 80.95%

Vote Hide poll

Wintermute_1 #1 Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:43 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52455 battles
  • 2,448
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

The idea of crew skins isn't terrible in itself, a way of making little aesthetic changes to your crew's appearance, fine. The problem is that you only made 23 of them (18 if you exclude the comical ones) and now give them out like they are "rewards" for merit. As soon as I have one of each type I don't want a duplicate because this just makes crews look more samey, weird and confusing. There really is no point in having two guys who are George Patton or look like a lobster or whatever else.

 

I would literally prefer 1 gold or 1 credit as an alternative to getting my 5th Chester O'Brien or 6th Audrey Dupont, wouldn't it be an idea to replace duplicate crew skin drops with something else like a gold consumable. Either that or put some effort into vastly expanding the skins that are available.    

 

Answers to the copy and paste replies:

Complaining about free stuff? Yep, when it sucks.

You don't HAVE to use them. I'd prefer not to get them as a reward either.



BrinklyWollox #2 Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:47 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 28387 battles
  • 11,416
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    10-20-2015
I don't mind them, it's a bit of fun that has zero impact on the game. I can see your point though, keep giving them out as a reward but add an option to sell them for credits. Same goes for directives - let us sell those for credits, I have loads of the damn things that I never think to use and I could certainly make better use of the credits.

Balc0ra #3 Posted 12 January 2020 - 03:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 74917 battles
  • 21,619
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Well, having crews full of Gitgud, or EBR's full of Tomatoes or Lobsters is kinda funny. I can somewhat agree on other skins I have little interest in. But that's just it. Some like them, even if they serve no use and want more of them. Others could not care less and just ignores them. But as soon as you max out the spare slots for them if you don't use them. They stop appearing. Some have as little as 3, while others max out at 10.

 

But no idea how it works at that point. As in if you maxed out the storage on one or all. If they simply stop appearing or if you get compensated for something you should have gotten.



Wintermute_1 #4 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:02 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52455 battles
  • 2,448
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostBrinklyWollox, on 12 January 2020 - 03:47 PM, said:

I don't mind them, it's a bit of fun that has zero impact on the game. I can see your point though, keep giving them out as a reward but add an option to sell them for credits. Same goes for directives - let us sell those for credits, I have loads of the damn things that I never think to use and I could certainly make better use of the credits.

I'd accept selling them, which is pretty much not getting them. Same with the directives that just pile up endlessly.

15:04 Added after 2 minute

View PostBalc0ra, on 12 January 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

Well, having crews full of Gitgud, or EBR's full of Tomatoes or Lobsters is kinda funny. I can somewhat agree on other skins I have little interest in. But that's just it. Some like them, even if they serve no use and want more of them. Others could not care less and just ignores them. But as soon as you max out the spare slots for them if you don't use them. They stop appearing. Some have as little as 3, while others max out at 10.

 

But no idea how it works at that point. As in if you maxed out the storage on one or all. If they simply stop appearing or if you get compensated for something you should have gotten.

I've got a Crew full of tomatoes with a Unicorn commander in my TOG 2 but the novelty wore off after that. Besides I never play the TOG so I don't notice them much.



JOSEBA_PRIME #5 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:06 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22674 battles
  • 751
  • [7SENS] 7SENS
  • Member since:
    01-22-2017

When you have the maximum of 1 skin you receive 50.000 credits when geting that skin again.

 

if you have 3/3 unused pattons, when they give you 1 extra patton, you receive 50.000 credits. So best thing you can do is to not use skins, have all skins at maximum so you will be geting credits with reward for merit all day all night.

 

Spoiler

 



Wintermute_1 #6 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:11 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52455 battles
  • 2,448
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostJOSEBA_PRIME, on 12 January 2020 - 04:06 PM, said:

When you have the maximum of 1 skin you receive 50.000 credits when geting that skin again.

 

if you have 3/3 unused pattons, when they give you 1 extra patton, you receive 50.000 credits. So best thing you can do is to not use skins, have all skins at maximum so you will be geting credits with reward for merit all day all night.

 

Spoiler

 

At least thats somthing, nice to know you don't just go on getting crew skins forever and it coverts to credits at some point.



Spartan_93 #7 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 24669 battles
  • 847
  • [-IDC-] -IDC-
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

If you use the same crewskin for all members of a tank, and the enemy kills one of them, then the complett crew is dead, or? ;)

 

It have no impact for gameplay and in battle you don't notice it => Just make fun of it or ignore them.

 

 



Wintermute_1 #8 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:19 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 52455 battles
  • 2,448
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostSpartan_93, on 12 January 2020 - 04:13 PM, said:

If you use the same crewskin for all members of a tank, and the enemy kills one of them, then the complett crew is dead, or? ;)

 

It have no impact for gameplay and in battle you don't notice it => Just make fun of it or ignore them.

 

 

It's not the worst thing in the world, just kinda pointless... and annoying when you get a pointless thing as a reward for merit. Maybe the ability to sell them is the best option if some people actually want duplicates.



Nethraniel #9 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:22 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15264 battles
  • 2,671
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012
Is there anywhere the answer "crew skins are pointless" ?

NekoPuffer_PPP #10 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:25 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 35475 battles
  • 4,359
  • [VRTC] VRTC
  • Member since:
    09-13-2013
Crew skins as a whole are pointless, IMO.

FataL_ShadowZ #11 Posted 12 January 2020 - 04:31 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 11433 battles
  • 425
  • Member since:
    01-19-2018

View PostNekoPuffer_PPP, on 12 January 2020 - 03:25 PM, said:

Crew skins as a whole are pointless, IMO.

Agreed, but don't you have your own crews skins set as little anime girls?



Nishi_Kinuyo #12 Posted 12 January 2020 - 05:54 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 9945 battles
  • 6,934
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011
You wouldn't like to have a tank full of Grzegorz Brzęczyszczykiewicz, Chrząszczyżewoszyce powiat Łękołody? :amazed:

xx984 #13 Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:18 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 65817 battles
  • 3,715
  • [HOOT] HOOT
  • Member since:
    08-11-2013

Just want them to introduce ones with special voice overs. 

 

just give me this pls

 

 



PowJay #14 Posted 13 January 2020 - 11:34 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 41314 battles
  • 5,824
  • Member since:
    09-07-2012

I didn't know about the 50,000 credit reward if you already have the maximum number of crew skins. I haven't really taken any more than the vaguest interest in them and have not used a single one. I never look at my crew beyond the skills. Not even the female ones. Not even the Swedish female ones. :teethhappy:



SoupFork #15 Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:14 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14211 battles
  • 470
  • Member since:
    11-07-2017

Well, you say they are pointless, but you probBly haven’t seen how hip, cool and groovy (man) my US TD crew looks:

 



gitgud_cannot #16 Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:18 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 31333 battles
  • 1,497
  • [PTS] PTS
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013
nah, i dont mind duplicate crew skin drops, its nice to have full gitgud crew, tomato crew etc.

Jethro_Grey #17 Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:33 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 4863 battles
  • 815
  • [KAIN] KAIN
  • Member since:
    08-01-2015

Well, i wish one could get the same female Crew member, or even recruit them over and over again. 

 

I would have a all female Crew with the same Girl and pretend they are Cylons… :hiding:



Gruff_ #18 Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:36 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 23837 battles
  • 1,436
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    09-22-2011
some variation on a theme might be nice, so 3-6 different lobsters/ reindeer faces

Maauru #19 Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:45 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23406 battles
  • 839
  • [GO0FY] GO0FY
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

Posted Image

 

Duplicates are not really pointless :)


Edited by Maauru, 13 January 2020 - 01:46 PM.


LincolnTank #20 Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:52 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11712 battles
  • 510
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    11-17-2015
I’m a big fan of my little tank filled with Pumpkin Head and the other misfits






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users