Italian line recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Gruff_ #21 Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:46 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 27421 battles
  • [B-2-K] B-2-K
Tier 5 was one of the worst tanks I've ever ground through, 4 could be a keeper, 6 the gun is excellent and I have great games but not a great overall winrate it's mobility is an issue compared with other t6 meds.

_cro_magnon #22 Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:08 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 36101 battles
  • [EL_SQ] EL_SQ

View Postgitgud_cannot, on 13 January 2020 - 01:29 PM, said:

tier 9 is pretty good, while tier 10 is amazing

Tier 9 is better tier for tier hands down. Tier 10 is nice but tier 9 feels great.

Bora_BOOM #23 Posted 13 January 2020 - 02:42 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 33902 battles
  • [DID0] DID0

Tier IV with HE for memes.

:hiding:

Strapps #24 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:06 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29997 battles
  • [GONAD] GONAD

View PostGruff_, on 13 January 2020 - 12:46 PM, said:

... 6 the gun is excellent and I have great games but not a great overall winrate it's mobility is an issue compared with other t6 meds.

Easy way to fix that is play the Polish tier 6 medium before you jump back in the Italian. The comparison will feel as though you're flying. :amazed:

Tilly042 #25 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 40408 battles
I didn't bother with the Italian tech tree for quite some time, however, having now researched the line the tier 9 and 10 are my 'go to' tanks.  Especially the Prog 65, love it.

Sessine #26 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:33 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28181 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
It´s a nice line you can just play through if you are not in a hurry. At 7 now and so far all tanks are OK/good.

TungstenHitman #27 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:56 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34155 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

I'd highly recommend them. All the tanks I can remember so far have been either excellent or at the very least, very solid.

T4-T7 all look pretty much the same and I still can't tell them apart when I fight them in battles... P. something or other lol. All those generally look and play the same which made the grind for me somewhat boring and drawn out since it seemed like I was grinding and playing the same damn tank forever. Usually strong alpha and dpm for their tier, usually slow, good camo, low profile size with bouncy armor for their tier and class with derpy gun handling and speed but good solid tanks if somewhat boring and dull to play. The T7 finally gets a boost to speed and mobility but the gun pretty much stays the same which makes it a bit blunt and toothless with poor yet somewhat manageable pen options. The HE is a cheeky option and strong getting less prolific with each tier. 

The A-R from T8+ are just fantastic to play at least for my preference and what I would consider good WoT fun. The Pantera is fast, agile, the gun is very good in all areas, lethal assassin and clears out end game close battles vs several low hp tanks which is where theses Italian A-R's thrive imo. Your premium Progetto both empties and reloads it's clip faster than Pantera. I never feel weak or a hopeless bottom tier with a Pantera, they are good strong tanks. 

Standard-B is similar but gets a much slower reload than the Pantera and poorish T9 dpm levels in exchange for a more lethal package with more clip damage potential, more alpha per shot and rail gun shell velocity similar to the Leopard. It's armor also gets thinner to being just the paint actually... and as such is very vulnerable to everything, overmatched and really weak to HE slingers like arty, godzilla, T49 deps, EBR's all of em lol but you really shouldn't be getting yourself into those situations.

So with the T8 and T9 you can't push a flank and should never lead a push especially early on they're just too weak, don't have a turret or armor which arty will hit them for full dmg etc. Certainly you can rush to advanced positions but never blatantly lead even when top tier like a 430 or something you'll just get mashed. Instead you play them different early on in battles, deal damage from range, keep your head down, stop over aggressive enemy pushes down flanks with your mag, track tanks, punish mistakes and just keep the damage counter ticking over. Then, hopefully if your team hasn't melted and you gave a good account of yourself, when the battle breaks up and only like 6-7 tanks per team, now it's time for these Italian A-R to put on their leather gloves and switch to assassin mode, this is when the enemy team should be worried if they have not seen this tank yet, and with very good reason. These Italians, with sensible approach and consideration, will systematically demolish half an enemy team of tanks on low hp and situation tanks all by themselves, but they need that space to get to work though, so until then, you have to work early dealing damage and supporting your team to create that situation.

Don't have the T10 yet so can't comment other than stating the obvious that it gets a bit slower, gains an extra shell, reload speed, inter-clip speed which obviously gives it even more devastating firepower and clip potential while it also gets a trollish bouncy upper hull at the expense of what looks like a pretty long front which I'd imagine might get it in trouble by sticking its front wheel out too far accidentally and we know what happens when you do something stupid like that at higher tiers so personally I'm looking forward to the T10 but expect some playstyle adjustments.  

NUKLEAR_SLUG #28 Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38644 battles
  • [FISHY] FISHY

View Posttank276, on 12 January 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

Standar B is absolutely beautiful.

This guy knows.

Rainbowkiss83 #29 Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:47 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 27706 battles

I've reached the pantera...cannot play it properly but seems fine prolly once you get used to it (and i'm curious to test it in frontlines)

Amongst all i loved tier 6, gun is punchy and it can bounce
Tier4&5 were OK

resheph73 #30 Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:10 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34603 battles

The pantera is good, standard B is fantastic. Well worth the grind of an overall pleasant line. I don't really recall a tank I hated (as opposed to the polish and czech lines) and the l6/40 (tier II), p26 (Tier IV) and p43 bis (tier VII) could be keepers. I have not yet bought the progetto 65 as standard B is so good and fun that I am not convinced it is going to be worth it. 

Geoffrey_Ironfist #31 Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 35896 battles
  • [YBB] YBB
Thanks to all much appreciated. I am not sure I want to grind the line just to play at tier IX and X but I will keep the other recommendations in mind.

anonym_7hNS5KqA9EHZ #32 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:09 AM

Major

• Player
  • 0 battles

View Post_cro_magnon, on 13 January 2020 - 03:08 PM, said:

Tier 9 is better tier for tier hands down. Tier 10 is nice but tier 9 feels great.

not really, not for me at least, with standard i have pretty much average tier 9 med stats for me, while progetto 65 is one of my top damage dealers, on par with stb-1 and 279e pretty much :D 

So no, standard b is nowhere near as good as progetto 65 is, unless you are getting lucky with mm too often.

TungstenHitman #33 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:05 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 34155 battles
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 12 January 2020 - 08:20 PM, said:

No real stinkers so the line is smooth sailing with Standard B being the superstar. 

...and tier 4 with HE  :playing:

edit: I mean just look at this (rammer, vents and Brothers in Arms)

It kills itself in less than 3,5 seconds. It's just silly.

That's a cheeky little tank. I had no idea until I was fast grinding this line and started with this tank. 70 pen on a pretty chunky HE shell. That level of pen on a HE at that tier is comparable and better than some standard AP pen for lots of tanks and has absolutely no problem penning a lot of tanks it see's. Take the infamous derp Hetzer, that tank can pen and one shot a lot of tanks it see's too but it's HE pen is only 53 while if for some mad reason you were to use AP, it's still less then the Italians HE at 64. Also, while the Hetzer is hampered by really bad p/w which makes it a bit of a turtle along with practically no view range worth mentioning, a low ammo count and of course no turret, the Italian has no such problems plus it has some pretty bouncy sloped armor too not as good as the Hetz upper slope but not far off it, certainly more than capable of pinging lower tier pew pew guns off it and machine guns etc.

I only played 7 battles with it and with a 75% failcrew, even then it was STILL really strong and possibly OP lol.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4729842#malinovka-tungstenhitman-p26_40

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4729839#prokhorovka-tungstenhitman-p26_40

Kinda want to buy it again now that you've wet my appetite, can you imagine this thing with a multi skilled BiA crew and food? :hiding:

Edited by TungstenHitman, 14 January 2020 - 12:06 PM.

8126Jakobsson #34 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:14 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 85522 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 14 January 2020 - 12:05 PM, said:

can you imagine this thing with a multi skilled BiA crew and food? :hiding:

Actually...I can. :D

And I kept on slinging HE at tier 5 with the same gun. Because why not. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users