Could I be unbanned from the official discord server?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

superfly2000 #1 Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:07 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 82135 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

I was banned more then a year ago.

At the time that discord server was not the official wargaming discord server and I suspect many of the admins where not really on-board with what their purpose was, or even the purpose of the discord server.

What I did was, I posted in their platoon channel and I wrote I was looking for players to platoon with and above a certain WGR and also that I wanted to use Teamspeak for voice audio (which I have Always done, I only use Discord for text-chat). What happend is I was "jumped" by 1-2 members who immediately accused me of "recruiting for a clan". I told them no I wasn't, and even if I was, what would be the problem. Then an admin started saying the same...and by now I was naturally agitated and it escalated to me being banned.

That is the story of it anyway. Yes, I might have used some unfortunate choice of words as it escalated, but who wouldn't. I really hope that the server is different these days (if not, I really don't see how they have the right to call themselves "the official discord server" to be frank....).

Edited by superfly2000, 12 January 2020 - 10:11 PM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:37 PM

Field Marshal

• 33143 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have passed the message on and now will close this as it is too close to discussing moderator actions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users