Cool Down with Our Latest Special

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

rakamaka #21 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23161 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 January 2020 - 02:27 PM, said:

When you are self-employed then yes, time is money.

So, you can't afford to spend any time on entertainment? Make an arrangement with yourself and pay yourself some money for the time spent on the game then:)
And still, time is not money. Maybe you should rethink your business a bit;) It is a saying that just does not mean anything, if you think bit deeper, but of course, it is a flashy thing you say. You are the businessman here, time is money, and you don't seem to have the time, so you have no money..... right?

Erwin_Von_Braun #22 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:45 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43677 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postrakamaka, on 13 January 2020 - 02:44 PM, said:

So, you can't afford to spend any time on entertainment? Make an arrangement with yourself and pay yourself some money for the time spent on the game then:)
And still, time is not money. Maybe you should rethink your business a bit;) It is a saying that just does not mean anything, if you think bit deeper, but of course, it is a flashy thing you say. You are the businessman here, time is money, and you don't seem to have the time, so you have no money..... right?

I'm guessing you don't work?

You're words do seem quite naïve.

MeetriX #23 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:50 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 24895 battles
  • [_ACE] _ACE

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 January 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

A handful of pretty pointless reserves (which everyone has tonnes of) and a single piece of equipment?

Hardly 'special'.

Do you know this everyone and could he give me some reserves?

O_o_HugO #24 Posted 13 January 2020 - 03:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41854 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

A handful of pretty pointless reserves (which everyone has tonnes of) and a single piece of equipment?

Hardly 'special'.

Cooldown...casual play and get rewarded...

No insta tier X premium tank reward with additional free gold and loads of free credits....hm...even though you the most awesome player and person of all....hm...

You can try your luck in tournaments or tank rewards which are running just now......all year long......as an addition to all the free stuff WG gives you.

Aren't you a millennial or younger? It would explain that depression of yours..

Erwin_Von_Braun #25 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:09 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43677 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostMeetriX, on 13 January 2020 - 02:50 PM, said:

Do you know this everyone and could he give me some reserves?

If I could trade them I would :(

I suspect a great many others would too.

15:10 Added after 0 minute

View PostO_o_HugO, on 13 January 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

Cooldown...casual play and get rewarded...

No insta tier X premium tank reward with additional free gold and loads of free credits....hm...even though you the most awesome player and person of all....hm...

You can try your luck in tournaments or tank rewards which are running just now......all year long......as an addition to all the free stuff WG gives you.

Aren't you a millennial or younger? It would explain that depression of yours..

Gen X (so I'm told)

Only_Slightly_Bent #26 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28237 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 January 2020 - 01:03 PM, said:

It's not free.

If one has to spend time doing it - we all know time = money - therefore it isn't free now is it?

Berating someone for having an opinion you disagree with, well I think you know where I'm going with that :)

It is free if you're playing anyway, which was my point. Your pedantry is misplaced though I suspect it was deliberate in order to be argumentative.

Erwin_Von_Braun #27 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:16 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43677 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOnly_Slightly_Bent, on 13 January 2020 - 03:14 PM, said:

It is free if you're playing anyway, which was my point. Your pedantry is misplaced though I suspect it was deliberate in order to be argumentative.

All a matter of perspective my friend - I work for myself and, as such, every moment spent not working is a moment spent not earning.

Maybe you'll come to realise that as time progresses.

O_o_HugO #28 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:42 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 41854 battles
  • [TFUK] TFUK

Well.....that cooling effect will be when there is no more extra 50% of credits...and you will be in red numbers

Cooling enough for me :)

Smelly_Cat #29 Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29000 battles
Indeed I need to cool down. I was planning to get 3 out of the 4 skins. End up finding myself managed to collect a full album in addition to circa 20k shards worth of level V decorations untouched. I must have paid or played, or both, too much during the Holiday Ops...:facepalm:

black_knightPT #30 Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23655 battles
  • [UK_PT] UK_PT

wouldn't mind a camo sale... 

parim1331 #31 Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:32 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7758 battles

View PostPhantomMajor, on 13 January 2020 - 10:15 AM, said:

not really interested in this i have 99+ reserves in stock and seem to accrue these things faster than i can use them...now if there was a way to sell them in the depot then that would be something I would be interested in.

Well then, try playing with reserves more often, then surely additional few won't hurt. :)

Hardly 'special'.

Special, as of it's easy, and will most likely complete itself.

Erwin_Von_Braun #32 Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:46 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43677 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postparim1331, on 13 January 2020 - 04:32 PM, said:

Special, as of it's easy, and will most likely complete itself.

If you're new to the game then this would be true, and probably worth doing - I suspect that's who these 'specials' are aimed at in the first place.

Nothing wrong with that ofc, but if you want long term players to give up their time you need to dangle a bigger carrot.

piratha #33 Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:40 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13073 battles
  • [2-KP] 2-KP

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 13 January 2020 - 12:37 PM, said:

Very chill. 

I'm little worried for the last #4 to be "Top 3".. but there's no victory requirement, so I can count on the spectacular losses (15:0) to stay on the #top :trollface:

16thHornet #34 Posted 13 January 2020 - 10:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 70047 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 January 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

If you're new to the game then this would be true, and probably worth doing - I suspect that's who these 'specials' are aimed at in the first place.

Nothing wrong with that ofc, but if you want long term players to give up their time you need to dangle a bigger carrot.

What absolute rubbish. If you need a carrot to entice you to play then this game is not for you. We play the game because we have fun playing the game. Any bonuses that WG see fit to provide as a gratuity are just that - a bonus. Nothing more, nothing less. Some bonuses are awesome, others very mediocre. But at the end of the day there is absolutely no requirement for WG to give out any bonuses whatsoever and to moan about what is given out for free is so typical of you younger generations. Please grow up and learn to accept what you receive with grace. If it doesn't meet your expectations then the simple answer is don't play.

PhantomMajor #35 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:54 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17010 battles

View Postrakamaka, on 13 January 2020 - 09:22 AM, said:

Instead of selling them, use them to make the credits you would get by selling them:) If not interested, then don't pay any attention to it, just play, or if you feel the need to show your dislike at this special, don't play and make a broad statement, that WG would surely suffer from:)

I am using them, all three reserve squares are used when I have the time to play but I earn these reserves faster than i can use them.

if we can't sell them in the depot then how about making them transferable to other players?

Edited by PhantomMajor, 14 January 2020 - 03:02 AM.

rakamaka #36 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:25 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23161 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 January 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

I'm guessing you don't work?

You're words do seem quite naïve.

I don't have to guess, i know you are wrong. But if you see life like that, that time = money, then more power to you, have a blast. As for the saying itself, it is just a childish blabla, that does not mean anything, and if you think about it, i know, you can figure this out.
I take this game as entertainment and for that you usually have to pay one way or another, is it equipment for your hobbies, what ever they may be, or just time, in your case. If you want a reward for entertaining yourself, then you really have to think things through and figure out is it really a hobby or entertainment you seek for and what you actually want out of this. If every second you spend not earning money is time wasted for you, well... i just feel bad for you.

06:28 Added after 3 minute

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 January 2020 - 04:46 PM, said:

The carrot here should be the game itself, not some free stuff. You really monetize your life too much.

06:29 Added after 3 minute

View PostPhantomMajor, on 14 January 2020 - 01:54 AM, said:

I am using them, all three reserve squares are used when I have the time to play but I earn these reserves faster than i can use them.

if we can't sell them in the depot then how about making them transferable to other players?

i don't care. i really don't.

Edited by rakamaka, 14 January 2020 - 07:31 AM.

kaneloon #37 Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31568 battles
  • [RHIN0] RHIN0

View Post16thHornet, on 13 January 2020 - 09:17 PM, said:

What absolute rubbish. If you need a carrot to entice you to play then this game is not for you. We play the game because we have fun playing the game. Any bonuses that WG see fit to provide as a gratuity are just that - a bonus. Nothing more, nothing less. Some bonuses are awesome, others very mediocre. But at the end of the day there is absolutely no requirement for WG to give out any bonuses whatsoever and to moan about what is given out for free is so typical of you younger generations. Please grow up and learn to accept what you receive with grace. If it doesn't meet your expectations then the simple answer is don't play.

Then why do players play like crazy when there are marathons for tanks ? Not speaking of the x5, or FL where some people played way more than they usually do for money and tanks ?

WG do this for you to play more. More players means more money, more advertising.

Fair enough but you cannot say there are no carrot for you to play more.

Edited by kaneloon, 14 January 2020 - 07:51 AM.

PhantomMajor #38 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:02 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 17010 battles

View Postrakamaka, on 14 January 2020 - 06:25 AM, said:

I don't have to guess, i know you are wrong. But if you see life like that, that time = money, then more power to you, have a blast. As for the saying itself, it is just a childish blabla, that does not mean anything, and if you think about it, i know, you can figure this out.
I take this game as entertainment and for that you usually have to pay one way or another, is it equipment for your hobbies, what ever they may be, or just time, in your case. If you want a reward for entertaining yourself, then you really have to think things through and figure out is it really a hobby or entertainment you seek for and what you actually want out of this. If every second you spend not earning money is time wasted for you, well... i just feel bad for you.

06:28 Added after 3 minute

The carrot here should be the game itself, not some free stuff. You really monetize your life too much.

06:29 Added after 3 minute

i don't care. i really don't.

well that's not true now is it.

if you didn't care then you wouldn't have taken the time or made the effort to post a reply.

if you didn't care or were as indifferent as you claim then you would have moved on to another post without commenting on post which seems to have angered you for some reason.

rakamaka #39 Posted 14 January 2020 - 08:07 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23161 battles

View Postkaneloon, on 14 January 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

Then why do players play like crazy when there are marathons for tanks ? Not speaking of the x5, or FL where some people played way more than they usually do for money and tanks ?

WG do this for you to play more. More players means more money, more advertising.

Fair enough but you cannot say there are no carrot for you to play more.

No one said, that there are no carrots here, there are carrots even in this special, but it seems, it is not enough for some, they want more and more and more, to be able to get more and more and more. For me, the carrot is the game, all the free stuff is just a bonus. But i guess for some only the free stuff is the carrot. But then again, why to play this game at all? Why do you want that free stuff, when the game itself is not enough for you? Get one carrot to be able to get the next carrot to get the 3rd one? For what? Why do you need all of this, what will you use it for. The game is not enough, as it seems, you can only use the carrot for the next one. This game is not for horses, you know;)
Snd as for the wg's point of view, you can not always run some crazy rewarding marathons, you need to give players some time to do something else and that is a smart thing in a longer run. WG is not interested in their player base becoming a bag full of dried up husks. I think they actually should do it more often, these cool down periods. As for one player here, time is money, so if it would be rewarding enough, he would play more and thus not pay himself, and that means, he won't be able to pay wg as well. WG let's him to have some tome to earn money and then he will have something to spare again, you see;)

07:09 Added after 1 minute

View PostPhantomMajor, on 14 January 2020 - 07:02 AM, said:

well that's not true now is it.

if you didn't care then you wouldn't have taken the time or made the effort to post a reply.

if you didn't care or were as indifferent as you claim then you would have moved on to another post without commenting on post which seems to have angered you for some reason.

??? i don't care about whether these thing can be transferred or not. I did not say, i don't care about your post.
Although i can't see, why they should be transferable. You earned them, use them or don't, but they are for you. Lot of players can make use of them, some, including me, can not, 'cause i don't play enough, but they are not bothering me. And again, i really don't care about them being transferable or sellable.

By the way, i am not angry, i really am not.

Edited by rakamaka, 14 January 2020 - 08:33 AM.

SoupFork #40 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:32 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14211 battles

View Postblack_knightPT, on 13 January 2020 - 05:28 PM, said:

wouldn't mind a camo sale... 

This. My new tanks need pimping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users