• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Erwin_Von_Braun #41 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:15 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43706 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Post16thHornet, on 13 January 2020 - 09:17 PM, said:

What absolute rubbish. If you need a carrot to entice you to play then this game is not for you. We play the game because we have fun playing the game. Any bonuses that WG see fit to provide as a gratuity are just that - a bonus. Nothing more, nothing less. Some bonuses are awesome, others very mediocre. But at the end of the day there is absolutely no requirement for WG to give out any bonuses whatsoever and to moan about what is given out for free is so typical of you younger generations. Please grow up and learn to accept what you receive with grace. If it doesn't meet your expectations then the simple answer is don't play.

You play for your reasons, I play for mine - I don't see anything here that deserves being told to 'grow up'.

If my opinions offends you then that's your problem, not mine.:)

11:17 Added after 1 minute

View Postrakamaka, on 14 January 2020 - 06:25 AM, said:

I don't have to guess, i know you are wrong. But if you see life like that, that time = money, then more power to you, have a blast. As for the saying itself, it is just a childish blabla, that does not mean anything, and if you think about it, i know, you can figure this out.
I take this game as entertainment and for that you usually have to pay one way or another, is it equipment for your hobbies, what ever they may be, or just time, in your case. If you want a reward for entertaining yourself, then you really have to think things through and figure out is it really a hobby or entertainment you seek for and what you actually want out of this. If every second you spend not earning money is time wasted for you, well... i just feel bad for you.

06:28 Added after 3 minute

The carrot here should be the game itself, not some free stuff. You really monetize your life too much.

06:29 Added after 3 minute

i don't care. i really don't.

Don't feel bad for me - it's my time & I will spend it as I see fit.

rakamaka #42 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23234 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 14 January 2020 - 11:15 AM, said:

Don't feel bad for me - it's my time & I will spend it as I see fit.

Absolutely.

parim1331 #43 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:45 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7770 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 January 2020 - 05:46 PM, said:

If you're new to the game then this would be true, and probably worth doing - I suspect that's who these 'specials' are aimed at in the first place.

Nothing wrong with that ofc, but if you want long term players to give up their time you need to dangle a bigger carrot.

There're plenty of events and specials coming that will interest both new, and older players. :)

Erwin_Von_Braun #44 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:53 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43706 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postparim1331, on 14 January 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

There're plenty of events and specials coming that will interest both new, and older players. :)

Old!

How very dare you sir!

I'll have you know I'm firmly middle aged!

:hiding:

rakamaka #45 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23234 battles

View Postparim1331, on 14 January 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

it will never be enough and at the same time it is always way too much, so don't bother:)

parim1331 #46 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:04 PM

Polish Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • 7770 battles

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 14 January 2020 - 12:53 PM, said:

Old!

How very dare you sir!

I'll have you know I'm firmly middle aged!

:hiding:

I apologize, I meant something for our "Blossoming" players. :bajan:

View Postrakamaka, on 14 January 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

it will never be enough and at the same time it is always way too much, so don't bother:)

Well, you can never make everyone happy,  that's true.

However, it gives us satisfaction knowing that some players enjoy our events, and specials. :)

Only_Slightly_Bent #47 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 28259 battles
  • [O_S_B] O_S_B

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 13 January 2020 - 03:16 PM, said:

All a matter of perspective my friend - I work for myself and, as such, every moment spent not working is a moment spent not earning.

Maybe you'll come to realise that as time progresses.

Again, deliberately ignoring the point I'm making - If you play normally, you get them for free.

You are being argumentative for the sake of it, which is rather immature.

cop71 #48 Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:50 AM

Private

• Player
  • 29051 battles
  • [TOROS] TOROS
Guys, this game is what it is, a pure and hard business. I have invested money and many hours in a game that I like but that more than fun annoys less when 
I play skirmishes and advances with my clan companions. 
 It seems to me sad that Wargaming wastes time in this type of nonsense events and neglects other peculiarities such as balance 
and fun within the game, which disproportionately neglect its customers who are the ones that are keeping this company where it is 
in exchange for alms and that the big events where you can really get something worthwhile just be within reach of the so-called PRO.
 I think and I think that this game is not fair with a large part of its users and they should work to improve that because 
I like to play to have fun and relax and not to see how friends leave the game because they suffer more than they enjoy with it.

I would ask Wargaming to reflect on it.

Happiness is important for the game

Edited by cop71, 15 January 2020 - 01:54 AM.

rakamaka #49 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:30 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23234 battles

View Postcop71, on 15 January 2020 - 12:50 AM, said:

Guys, this game is what it is, a pure and hard business. I have invested money and many hours in a game that I like but that more than fun annoys less when 
I play skirmishes and advances with my clan companions. 
 It seems to me sad that Wargaming wastes time in this type of nonsense events and neglects other peculiarities such as balance 
and fun within the game, which disproportionately neglect its customers who are the ones that are keeping this company where it is 
in exchange for alms and that the big events where you can really get something worthwhile just be within reach of the so-called PRO.
 I think and I think that this game is not fair with a large part of its users and they should work to improve that because 
I like to play to have fun and relax and not to see how friends leave the game because they suffer more than they enjoy with it.

I would ask Wargaming to reflect on it.

Happiness is important for the game

ok, can you elaborate, what is the things, that makes your friends suffer here? What are the aspects, that should be better in regards with having some easy specials, that these improvements should better? I mean, yes, game has lot of areas where it should change, agreed, but these small specials don't come at the cost of any changes. Different departments and it does not take up any needed time to make the game better. These are just small candies, eat them if you like, don't if you don't like them.
It feels rather strange to me, to see complains under absolutely every special thread about game being unbalanced and so on. Yes, it is unbalanced, suffers greatly from power-creep, is too much of a p2w ( although it is p2w, so that is something that we just have to accept - it does not matter what WG calls itself). Yes, some specials are obvious p2w events or pay to get events, but most of them are not. This one is not, why complain about it here? Do you really want wg just to develop the game without any specials at the same time, nothing till everything is "fixed" and the game would be so much fun for all, that no one would complain any more? You do realize, that day will never come, even if WG turns into an angel and tries really hard, it is just impossible. And not because WG could not make the better or even perfect, it is because of us - the players. We will always find something that does not meet our personal standards and regardless of WG, my standards are not the same as yours and yours are not the same as mine.

Edited by rakamaka, 15 January 2020 - 07:34 AM.

Erwin_Von_Braun #50 Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 43706 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostOnly_Slightly_Bent, on 14 January 2020 - 10:00 PM, said:

Again, deliberately ignoring the point I'm making - If you play normally, you get them for free.

You are being argumentative for the sake of it, which is rather immature.

Define 'normally'.

I'm guessing your 'normally' is going to be very different to my 'normally'.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users