This is why WG losing player base

playerbase losing wg politics premium better game

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

MrZeka #1 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:35 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3896 battles

So, I’ve think that the reason what is the reason that WG keep losing it’s players (except in the end of the year period) that a huge amount of players are frustrated. Just read any of the forum topic in here.

I understand that stastistically everyone got the same team in 1000 battles but this is not how a human brain is working.

If a player facing bad matchups days in a row for a couple of days, maybe a week, there is a huge chance that the player is going to leave the game for a while or forever. This is one of the most crucial and important thing which I’ve find neglected.The key is for WG to found a balance between the ’players are like the game and feeling good’ and ’wants to spend money on the game’.

At the moment I’m don’t want to spend money on this game, not because I’m miser but the not really enjoying time on the game.

• Especially KV-85 is not that good or the matchmaking is not that good, I don’t know.
  • Grinding which should be the kay part of the game is annoying and a lot of people paying to avoid it.
  • Without 3-4 skill crew you are in a great disadvantage.

But to ’pay for not grind’ is clearly not what I’m looking for. Also what I can see that the key focus are on the premium tanks but in the long run WG are going to sell new premium tanks (which are stronger than the old ones) for less and less player base.

Shacou #2 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:46 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23537 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT
Totally KV85 fault, yep.

Nethraniel #3 Posted 14 January 2020 - 09:48 AM

Major

• Player
  • 15264 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You do not need more than 1-2 skills/perks to be competative. 3-4 skills and great disadvantage is not really an issue.

MrZeka #4 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:01 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3896 battles

View PostShacou, on 14 January 2020 - 09:46 AM, said:

Totally KV85 fault, yep.

KV-1 is great for example, just not feeling KV-85 or not feeling that to it's tier it's a great tank. 

gitgud_cannot #5 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31333 battles
  • [PTS] PTS
so why you are still here? :D 

Ratriq #6 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6419 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMrZeka, on 14 January 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

So, I’ve think that the reason what is the reason that WG keep losing it’s players (except in the end of the year period) that a huge amount of players are frustrated. Just read any of the forum topic in here.

I understand that stastistically everyone got the same team in 1000 battles but this is not how a human brain is working.

If a player facing bad matchups days in a row for a couple of days, maybe a week, there is a huge chance that the player is going to leave the game for a while or forever. This is one of the most crucial and important thing which I’ve find neglected.The key is for WG to found a balance between the ’players are like the game and feeling good’ and ’wants to spend money on the game’.

At the moment I’m don’t want to spend money on this game, not because I’m miser but the not really enjoying time on the game.

• Especially KV-85 is not that good or the matchmaking is not that good, I don’t know.
  • Grinding which should be the kay part of the game is annoying and a lot of people paying to avoid it.

But to ’pay for not grind’ is clearly not what I’m looking for. Also what I can see that the key focus are on the premium tanks but in the long run WG are going to sell new premium tanks (which are stronger than the old ones) for less and less player base.

While I can understand where your coming from, I'm already going to warn you now when you've made this thread. 

The forum isn't going to be kind to you considering that you've got less than 4k battles in 7 years which isn't going to help your argument right now about "players losing interest" when you've clearly not been that interested in this game, to begin with when you don't even have a single t8 tank.

Edited by Ratriq, 14 January 2020 - 10:26 AM.

Shacou #7 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23537 battles
  • [D-NUT] D-NUT

View PostMrZeka, on 14 January 2020 - 11:01 AM, said:

KV-1 is great for example, just not feeling KV-85 or not feeling that to it's tier it's a great tank. 

Is it fully upgraded? It's one of the best tier 6 Heavium, and use 100mm on it. Its gun/DPM rivals even a lot of tier7 tanks..

Edited by Shacou, 14 January 2020 - 10:25 AM.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #8 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21488 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostMrZeka, on 14 January 2020 - 10:01 AM, said:

Yeah, but it is, though. Mount the 100mm and don't expect to bounce anything.

MrZeka #9 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:39 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3896 battles

View PostRatriq, on 14 January 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

While I can understand where your coming from, I'm already going to warn you now when you've made this thread. 

The forum isn't going to be kind to you considering that you've got less than 4k battles in 7 years which isn't going to help your argument right now about "players losing interest" when you've clearly not been that interested in this game, to begin with when you don't even have a single t8 tank.

I know, first I've started around at 2013, then life happened so I start play again (maybe last year) and learned a lot about game mechanics, watching tutorials, streamers etc. All of my main stat are start to rise so it wasn't the problem.

About tier 8 problem. Back in thoose days I've start grinding three tree. German, Soviet, US and mostly the heavy lines. When I've started again I've got Tiger I but what others recommend that Tiger II isn't that good compare to other T8 heavies. Same at the T29 (it's great!) but T32 had some bad reputation and lot a people tell me to avoid it. At the soviet line I've got the KV-3 which is way to slow for the current game speed, so I'm aiming the IS but first I've to go back to grind kv-1s, kv-85.

And yes, I've prepare my soul that a lot of toxic player are going to trolling here :) 

09:41 Added after 1 minute

View PostShacou, on 14 January 2020 - 10:24 AM, said:

Is it fully upgraded? It's one of the best tier 6 Heavium, and use 100mm on it. Its gun/DPM rivals even a lot of tier7 tanks..

Yes, fully with 100m:) 

View PostEvilier_than_Skeletor, on 14 January 2020 - 10:26 AM, said:

Yeah, but it is, though. Mount the 100mm and don't expect to bounce anything.

Not bouncing on Tier 6, found a lot more difficult penning T8.

ilmavarvas #10 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:57 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19798 battles

Gave you few likes to compensate the toxic feedback you'll be getting with your post from "[edited]

But you have a point there and we all know that. Sometimes WOT gives you apples, but tbh, nowadays those apples feel rotten most of the time. Ofc things even out in say, 1000 or 300 games, but how many new players have patience for that, I'd say not too many, except bots.

For me, I've been playing for some time, but I find that when losing streaks happen, like you lose 4-6 in a row, I do close the game for few days, although I find that those pauses tend to get longer and longer, unless there's event going on, like now in Christmas time.

And to that KV-85, it's just a mere shadow from the past and it sees tier 8 so much, add to that the "new" tier 8 premiums and it's really bad time for poor KV, Progettos, Defenders and Skorpions eat it in no time. When top tier the tank is quite nice, but honestly, power cap between tier 6 & 8 is just too big.

Try KV-3 when your done with KV-85, it will sure bring tears to your eyes, facing tier 8 and tier 9, l guarantee that you'll have "fun". :trollface:

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 15 January 2020 - 05:21 AM.
removed insult and swearing

Balc0ra #11 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:59 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 74936 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

KV-85 is bad? Right...

And as for crews. The only bad thing there is the 50% is the only free option. As having a sub 100% crew cripples a stock grind more than not having a 4 skilled crew. As crew skills can be compensated for with equipment and directives.  As on some tiers, a 1% bump from a skill on something with low base numbers as is, is not gonna make a major difference.

Then again, we have had topics like this for almost a decade about why people are leaving. People feel something bad etc about the game constantly. So I doubt we would see fewer topics about MM or balance even with your perfect game. People would come here to complain regardless at something, as they have to blame their WR drops on something. As it's never them. If the game was perfect. I suspect this forum would be... less interesting.

malachi6 #12 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:01 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51289 battles

Do honestly think that if WG fixed the game so that you stopped finding it frustrating,  nobody else would find the new paradigm frustrating? 

Given all WG can do, is hope to keep 51% of the player base happy.  Ask yourself this question.  How many people are complaining v's how many are not complaining?

Edited by malachi6, 14 January 2020 - 11:01 AM.

PowJay #13 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:01 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 41314 battles

It is extremely obvious that there are days when we all can get teams where winning is a near impossibility. Even outstanding players come here with proof, not opinion, of outstanding performance in damage and Wn8 and awful WR over a short period of time. 

I can think of a couple of tanks that I've played that seem cursed. I've tried to use every ounce of my knowledge and understanding to make them work, but I lose and lose and lose. You can look at those vehicles and blame the damage output, but I can turn around and say that it's no wonder I have low damage. The battles are massacres, lost in less than five minutes. 

But then I have vehicles with better damage figures and, shock horror, better win rate. This doesn't always add up, however. One of my highest WR tier V TDs is the SU-85, but it doesn't have the highest average damage. The T67 has average damage comparable to my other tier V TDs, but I've owned it at least three times and struggled to make it work. 

Clearly there is something hidden away that makes some tanks better or worse that doesn't directly relate to damage. I'm not talking about rigging, or anything as dumb as that, I mean a certain ability that helps to win. It might not apply to all players with one not being able to make an excellent vehicle work, and vice versa. 

Take my Skorpion G and Rhm Borsig WT. The Borsig has 1400 HP average damage and 54.87% WR from 483 battles. The Skorpion G  has 1221 HP average damage and I've won 19 battles out of 75. Do you think that this difference in wins is totally down to damage? Obviously not.

It's possible that the gap could be explained somewhat by being lucky in the Rhm B, and unlucky in the Skorpion, but that's a bit of a stretch. Obviously there's something else that's different about them. I would say that it's camouflage. They can both deal damage, but when the chips are down, my Rhm B hasn't even been spotted and I'm dropping enemies without being seen. My Skorpion G has probably been spotted from the moment I first fired and I've spent most of the battle taking pot shots while trying to avoid being killed. In a bad battle, I'm dead before I have any chance to carry. 

That's one possibility that goes beyond just damage-dealing aspect. The Skorpion G might be a good TD for good players in a good team, but for me, in a poor or average team, I can't carry in it.

However. And it's a BIG however. There are patterns that you can see if you know where to look. Play enough battles, or enough in one vehicle, and you can see that damage vs WR is definitely a factor. 

Unfortunately, when we look at your average damage we see that you don't do enough to win consistently. You acknowledge that everyone faces the same challenges in MM and RNG, but it's how you deal with those challenges that determines who are bad players, who are average, and who are good, very good and outstanding players. 

Unfortunately, you are one of the bad ones. You guarantee that 6.6% of every team you play on is bad. Two more bad players on your team and you help to guarantee 20% of your team being below-par. If you're a great player, then every team you're on has 6.6% of its make up with a proven track record of carrying battles.

Players who can't make up for the deficiencies of their team mates are going to lose more often than win. You have three choices. Put up with it, improve, or quit.

Dramya #14 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16317 battles
  • [_PZF_] _PZF_

View PostMrZeka, on 14 January 2020 - 10:35 AM, said:

Thing is, what you are suggesting is to make the game easier for casual players or to give them better matchups so they can win more and thus will stay longer with the game. Apart from the fact that it is impossible to make this happen for everyone it would also alienate the players that *do* invest time and effort into this game. Imagine playing a game, spending time to get experience and eventually become good at it, and then see a new player do similarly well (in stats) just because he got the special treatment. Where would this stop? And how much would that person have learned until his special treatment would stop?

This is a skillbased game that you need to invest time into to become better, and frankly most people do not seem to be interested in that anymore. A lot of players want instant gratification without effort when they play this game or else they will complain. If WG would give in to this it would not be a competitive game anymore

Hellraiser0201 #15 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24484 battles

I left mostly coz of the MM (-2+2) 'coz if you don't play OP tanks MM realistically becomes more like +4 example (tiger2 vs 279e or other bobjects V4). At least with a broken tank you can still make some plays against the higher tiers.

I also hate being top tier myself and stomping helpless tanks 2 tiers lower.

Ready to start playing again someday if they do something to tighten the power gap between the tiers, something like a +1-1 with more often a single tier battles.

Also the powercreep has reached some next levels of bs.

Edited by Hellraiser0201, 14 January 2020 - 11:08 AM.

MrZeka #16 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:08 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3896 battles

View Postilmavarvas, on 14 January 2020 - 10:57 AM, said:

Try KV-3 when your done with KV-85, it will sure bring tears to your eyes, facing tier 8 and tier 9, l guarantee that you'll have "fun". :trollface:

Tired it:) Found it too slow :) 

The other part of your comment, I've totally agree.

ValkyrionX #17 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:16 AM

Major

• 55655 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostMrZeka, on 14 January 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

the kv85 is not the worst vehicle in its tier, the MM has been improved a lot in recent years, personally when I play vehicles below tier 8 I almost always find myself in games that are adequate enough for the tier of my vehicle.

grinding the vehicles has become shamefully easy thanks to all the xp bonuses, boosters and blueprints that can be won every day.
Surely it remains boring, but compared to the past I find it much faster as a process, so much easy to make me think that it is too fast as many new players already find themselves playing tier IX-X vehicles and do not have the slightest idea of how to play them.

A vehicle to be effective is enough to have at least a 1 skill on the crew, sixth sense and repairs.

Richthoffen #18 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:17 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31146 battles
  • [MS-] MS-

if you don't like the KV line, switch lines, switch nations to see what is more to your liking, it is a game after all and those are supposed to bring some joy.

be it by playing or by the challenge it offers

We_Just_Dinged_Em #19 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:20 AM

Captain

• Clan Commander
  • 18729 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
People have been 'frustrated' since Beta, they still play.

Miepie #20 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:22 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 5162 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
Oh, I also did not like the KV-85 when I went though it this summer. Greatly enjoyed the IS (also with the 100mm), greatly enjoyed the KV-1 and KV-1S as well, but not the KV-85. Maybe it was fine five years ago. Most of the experienced players I asked for advice about it admitted they hadn't actually played it in recent years.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users