• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

gitgud_cannot #21 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:23 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32289 battles
  • [ZWACK] ZWACK

View PostHellraiser0201, on 14 January 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

I left mostly coz of the MM (-2+2) 'coz if you don't play OP tanks MM realistically becomes more like +4 example (tiger2 vs 279e or other bobjects V4). At least with a broken tank you can still make some plays against the higher tiers.

I also hate being top tier myself and stomping helpless tanks 2 tiers lower.

Ready to start playing again someday if they do something to tighten the power gap between the tiers, something like a +1-1 with more often a single tier battles.

Also the powercreep has reached some next levels of bs.

play tier 10 then, you rarely see anything but full tier 10 battles with 3 artas.

Edited by gitgud_cannot, 14 January 2020 - 11:27 AM.

splash_time #22 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14870 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Honestly, I started to play in 2018, and I started my grinding with German tech tree since I knew that Germans were total beasts in industry, especially tanks during WWII, but when I faced Tiger II? Yeah I did struggle a lot, but honestly? I just loved it, the gun accuracy, the penetration and speed, all are perfect. 

I don't understand why people blame the tanks, I mean, Tiger II is a HT right? But it's armour can't even stand against MTs, just like AMX 50B or 277 for example, so, you must try it in a different way, or obj 430U, a MT but it can bully HTs and even TDs.

About losing players, I'm not really sure, because last year when Black Market came, I remember that one server had 150k players online, which means people still playing.... but only because they are not playing all at once in the same timing, doesn't mean that they are leaving the game!.

Gl mate, and try to grind 277 or 430U lines first. ;)

Splash.

Edited by splash_time, 14 January 2020 - 11:25 AM.

MrZeka #23 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3977 battles

View PostDramya, on 14 January 2020 - 11:07 AM, said:

Thing is, what you are suggesting is to make the game easier for casual players or to give them better matchups so they can win more and thus will stay longer with the game. Apart from the fact that it is impossible to make this happen for everyone it would also alienate the players that *do* invest time and effort into this game. Imagine playing a game, spending time to get experience and eventually become good at it, and then see a new player do similarly well (in stats) just because he got the special treatment. Where would this stop? And how much would that person have learned until his special treatment would stop?

This is a skillbased game that you need to invest time into to become better, and frankly most people do not seem to be interested in that anymore. A lot of players want instant gratification without effort when they play this game or else they will complain. If WG would give in to this it would not be a competitive game anymore

I've never suggest such a thing. I've said that a lot of player (even veterans) are leaving if they don't have success. Sure, after a while it's evens out but a bad streak (depends on a player patience) could be fatal. This is what ilmavarvas mentioned as well.

View PostValkyrionX, on 14 January 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

the kv85 is not the worst vehicle in its tier, the MM has been improved a lot in recent years, personally when I play vehicles below tier 8 I almost always find myself in games that are adequate enough for the tier of my vehicle.

grinding the vehicles has become shamefully easy thanks to all the xp bonuses, boosters and blueprints that can be won every day.
Surely it remains boring, but compared to the past I find it much faster as a process, so much easy to make me think that it is too fast as many new players already find themselves playing tier IX-X vehicles and do not have the slightest idea of how to play them.

A vehicle to be effective is enough to have at least a 1 skill on the crew, sixth sense and repairs.

Well, I guess so. Maybe I'm thinking differently but instead of shorting the grinding it should be great to rethink the grind to be more interesting,

View Postmalachi6, on 14 January 2020 - 11:01 AM, said:

Do honestly think that if WG fixed the game so that you stopped finding it frustrating,  nobody else would find the new paradigm frustrating? 

Given all WG can do, is hope to keep 51% of the player base happy.  Ask yourself this question.  How many people are complaining v's how many are not complaining?

A paradox and I've even didn't think about it :) I don't know by the way, it would be interesting even for wg to take a survey with a question that 'are you like the game more or less now than xy time ago'. 

Why 51%? The rest 49% is sooner or later is going to leave or stop paying.

This is where I've usually check the number of active players (sorry I can't found who said that the player numbers are not changing): http://wot-news.com/stat/server/eu/norm/en

It's not official but a trend is quite clearly showing the decline.

Thanks everyone for the reply, I've couldn't imagined this:)  

stormermp #24 Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:30 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 50546 battles
  • [S4LT] S4LT

View PostMrZeka, on 14 January 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

So, I’ve think that the reason what is the reason that WG keep losing it’s players (except in the end of the year period) that a huge amount of players are frustrated. Just read any of the forum topic in here.

I understand that stastistically everyone got the same team in 1000 battles but this is not how a human brain is working.

If a player facing bad matchups days in a row for a couple of days, maybe a week, there is a huge chance that the player is going to leave the game for a while or forever. This is one of the most crucial and important thing which I’ve find neglected.The key is for WG to found a balance between the ’players are like the game and feeling good’ and ’wants to spend money on the game’.

At the moment I’m don’t want to spend money on this game, not because I’m miser but the not really enjoying time on the game.

• Especially KV-85 is not that good or the matchmaking is not that good, I don’t know.
  • Grinding which should be the kay part of the game is annoying and a lot of people paying to avoid it.
  • Without 3-4 skill crew you are in a great disadvantage.

But to ’pay for not grind’ is clearly not what I’m looking for. Also what I can see that the key focus are on the premium tanks but in the long run WG are going to sell new premium tanks (which are stronger than the old ones) for less and less player base.

They've lost their way thats for sure,they will pay for it and keep paying for their mistakes soon when bills keep coming and paying customers find better things to spend their money 

malachi6 #25 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:01 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 51295 battles

View PostMrZeka, on 14 January 2020 - 12:15 PM, said:

A paradox and I've even didn't think about it :) I don't know by the way, it would be interesting even for wg to take a survey with a question that 'are you like the game more or less now than xy time ago'. 

Why 51%? The rest 49% is sooner or later is going to leave or stop paying.

Obviously you would hope for more than 51% However if you accept that you cannot make 100% of people happy.  Then if you can keep slightly more than half happy you are achieving the goal of entertaining the majority of your audience.  Fan service is rarely a way to run a business.  The most vocal part of your fanbase often (assumption, not a fact) is not the majority of your fan base.

Edited by malachi6, 14 January 2020 - 01:09 PM.

ilmavarvas #26 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:11 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20160 battles

View Postmalachi6, on 14 January 2020 - 01:01 PM, said:

Obviously you would hope for more than 51% However if you accept that you cannot make 100% of people happy.  Then if you can keep slightly more than half happy you are achieving the goal of entertaining the majority of your audience.  Fan service is never a way to run a business.  The most vocal part of your fanbase often (assumption, not a fact) is not the majority of your fan base.

There's still one aspect, most of the veteran (+10k battles) can play without premium account, since they don't have to grind that much, they have credits and bunch of premium tanks in most cases, so no new cash-flow from them. New players tend to buy premium time & vehicles, so they should keep in mind that this game does need new "blood" to survive.

24doom24 #27 Posted 14 January 2020 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9023 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

View Postilmavarvas, on 14 January 2020 - 12:11 PM, said:

There's still one aspect, most of the veteran (+10k battles) can play without premium account, since they don't have to grind that much, they have credits and bunch of premium tanks in most cases, so no new cash-flow from them. New players tend to buy premium time & vehicles, so they should keep in mind that this game does need new "blood" to survive.

WG don't give a toss about new players. 

BR33K1_PAWAH #28 Posted 14 January 2020 - 02:21 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

It always cracks me up to see a dude who thinks that something is wrong with the game because he sucks at it. What an amazing mentality.

Spurtung #29 Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:40 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 76992 battles
  • [WG_PT] WG_PT

You mean to say that all WG needs to do is fix the KV-85 and all the other issues will be gone?

Who would have imagined things are this intricately connected?

Echotun #30 Posted 14 January 2020 - 11:34 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 23536 battles
  • [FA-1] FA-1

View PostMrZeka, on 14 January 2020 - 09:35 AM, said:

So, I’ve think that the reason what is the reason that WG keep losing it’s players (except in the end of the year period) that a huge amount of players are frustrated. Just read any of the forum topic in here.

I understand that stastistically everyone got the same team in 1000 battles but this is not how a human brain is working.

If a player facing bad matchups days in a row for a couple of days, maybe a week, there is a huge chance that the player is going to leave the game for a while or forever. This is one of the most crucial and important thing which I’ve find neglected.The key is for WG to found a balance between the ’players are like the game and feeling good’ and ’wants to spend money on the game’.

At the moment I’m don’t want to spend money on this game, not because I’m miser but the not really enjoying time on the game.

• Especially KV-85 is not that good or the matchmaking is not that good, I don’t know.
  • Grinding which should be the kay part of the game is annoying and a lot of people paying to avoid it.
  • Without 3-4 skill crew you are in a great disadvantage.

But to ’pay for not grind’ is clearly not what I’m looking for. Also what I can see that the key focus are on the premium tanks but in the long run WG are going to sell new premium tanks (which are stronger than the old ones) for less and less player base.

You list several complaints you clearly want WG to «fix». 
So what are your proposed solutions?

How can WG reasonably change the game so you win more?

This is one of the things I enjoy the most in WoT, that you perform better and get better results the more you practice. 

Also, 100% crew + 6th Sense is all you need

Edited by Echotun, 14 January 2020 - 11:39 PM.

NipplesTheClown #31 Posted 15 January 2020 - 12:00 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8679 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
KV-85 is a good tonk. If I didn't know any better, I'd mistake you for a clown.  Took me a handful of games to MOE the thing. Yeeeeehahahahahahaha no balloon for you little boy!

BR33K1_PAWAH #32 Posted 15 January 2020 - 07:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 8158 battles

View PostHellraiser0201, on 14 January 2020 - 01:08 PM, said:

I left mostly coz of the MM (-2+2) 'coz if you don't play OP tanks MM realistically becomes more like +4 example (tiger2 vs 279e or other bobjects V4). At least with a broken tank you can still make some plays against the higher tiers.

I also hate being top tier myself and stomping helpless tanks 2 tiers lower.

Ready to start playing again someday if they do something to tighten the power gap between the tiers, something like a +1-1 with more often a single tier battles.

Also the powercreep has reached some next levels of bs.

WG improved MM not so long ago - way more single tier battles and tier 8 does 't serve as food for tier X no more.

Mb you should give it a try.

Homer_J #33 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:10 AM

Field Marshal

• 33364 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostMrZeka, on 14 January 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

If a player facing bad matchups days in a row for a couple of days, maybe a week, there is a huge chance that the player is going to leave the game for a while or forever.

So what do you propose they do?  Rig your games so you win more, which will mean rigging someone else's so they win less and they leave instead of you? 

That's what was meant by the 51%, rigging it so bad players win more might keep some bad players, though I would guess most won't even notice but will lose good ones who are more likely to notice.

Technocrat_Prime #34 Posted 15 January 2020 - 09:32 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Beta Tester
  • 32530 battles
  • [-TCC-] -TCC-
WG is losing player base? Well, according to the haters, they have been doing this since day 1. I'm a closed beta teser and I have seen these posts pop up regularily since the forum is open. If these guys were right, WG should have a negative number of users by now. I can only assume these posings are made by paid trolls.

PabloGee #35 Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:20 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 33792 battles
  • [5TAR5] 5TAR5

View PostTechnocrat_Prime, on 15 January 2020 - 08:32 AM, said:

WG is losing player base? Well, according to the haters, they have been doing this since day 1. I'm a closed beta teser and I have seen these posts pop up regularily since the forum is open. If these guys were right, WG should have a negative number of users by now. I can only assume these posings are made by paid trolls.

according to serverstats they are loosing 10 - 15 % every year. 

Jauhesammutin #36 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23845 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

In order for something to live it has to die at some point. We all are dying, including WoT. Hopefully though not for decades.

I think these players who claim that "the game is dying" are players who at some point were passionate about WoT, spend a lot of time with it but stopped playing for some reason. They feel like the game is dying since it's not such a big part of their life anymore.

I stopped playing CS:GO like 5 years ago. When the game went "free" I though isn't that game dead already. I hadn't played it for years, I hadn't watched any YT videos about it and none of my friends talked about it. To me it felt like that game was dead.

24doom24 #37 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9023 battles
  • [WW3] WW3

Yes, yes they are. They've lost 300,000 weekly players since january 2017. Lining up pretty well with 3-5-7, arty stun and later on, EBRs. As well as the many OP tanks WG have introduced since then, especially at tier 10 and their complete neglect of the new player experience while pushing advertisement by targeting huge youtube channels. WG is willing to spend (most likely) very large sums of money to promote their game but seem completely inept at understanding the concept of getting a customer to come back. 

Edited by 24doom24, 15 January 2020 - 02:27 PM.

Jauhesammutin #38 Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23845 battles
  • [BIGD] BIGD

View PostPabloGee, on 15 January 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

according to serverstats they are loosing 10 - 15 % every year. 

This data is from WoT-news

September 2014 (no earlier data)- September 2019

In 2014 EU had 1 000 000 weekly players.

In 2019 it was 650 000.

That's ~10% per year

In 2014 RU had 3 900 000 weekly players.

In 2019 it was 2 400 000.

That's ~11% per year

In 2014 NA had 240 000 weekly players

In 2019 it was 125 000.

That's ~15% per year.

In 2014 SEA had 150 000 weekly players

In 2019 it was 100 000.

That's ~10% per year.

It seems like NA got hit the hardest while the rest of the servers do basically the same.

MrZeka #39 Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3977 battles

View PostEchotun, on 14 January 2020 - 11:34 PM, said:

You list several complaints you clearly want WG to «fix». 
So what are your proposed solutions?

How can WG reasonably change the game so you win more?

This is one of the things I enjoy the most in WoT, that you perform better and get better results the more you practice. 

Also, 100% crew + 6th Sense is all you need

I'm not someone who has ideas which is saving this game (and honestly: most of ideas are stupid) with creative all around "if you do this you'll sure getting your player base back. This is not how this game works. There are lot of aspect of the game and some of it are well balanced, like the matchmaking over time and not well balanced, like how good can be a tank at different maps or maybe compare tanks in the same tier same class is there a big differences in tanks. I've guess so but thats a subjective matter.

And I've got better! Maybe it can't see on my wr but my damage, k:d ratio and wn8 ration are rising. Sometimes I'm feeling that I'm doing a pretty good job (still getting nervous at top tier).

View PostHomer_J, on 15 January 2020 - 09:10 AM, said:

So what do you propose they do?  Rig your games so you win more, which will mean rigging someone else's so they win less and they leave instead of you? 

That's what was meant by the 51%, rigging it so bad players win more might keep some bad players, though I would guess most won't even notice but will lose good ones who are more likely to notice.

I've never said, that WG should rig any of the games, that would be stupid. Please read what I've wrote to Echotun. Thank you :)

Edited by MrZeka, 17 January 2020 - 11:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users