Reasons why people stop playing

• Please log in to reply
230 replies to this topic

Slyspy #141 Posted 27 May 2020 - 12:09 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 15526 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Edit: Not worth it, didn't see the date of the post I replied to. 

Edited by Slyspy, 27 May 2020 - 12:09 PM.

_Hishik_ #142 Posted 09 October 2020 - 04:07 PM

Private

• Player
  • 8242 battles

There is just way too much plus 2 matchmaking.  Also the wheeled lights have really spoilt the game.

A shame, because it has all the right ingredients for a great game still, but WOT is heading in the wrong direction at the moment.....

Fansadox #143 Posted 09 October 2020 - 08:53 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16427 battles
  • [JEEZ] JEEZ

Let’s see what making people quit? 

My own reasons would be :

1. wheeled [edited] ( still think it’s the biggest mistake WG has made by introducing them into a tank game where the speed difference is way to big) 
  2. map design (small maps which are the majority equals asking for steamrolled game results)
  3. +2-2 MM is just really bad. Really doesn’t makes sense letting  tier x playing against tier viii
  4. 3 clickers per game (really? Doesn’t need explanation) 
  5. 3 clickers and 4 lights per team in a game (even more really?) 

I think these are more then enough reasons for people to give up and just leave this game behind. 

Edited by unhappy__bunny, 09 October 2020 - 10:23 PM.
inappropriate word

Element6 #144 Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33523 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1. Never bothered with missions apart from when I just had a few left in each stage in the campaign missions for the reward tanks. Up until that point I just let them complete as they happened by chance. Sure there were the odd happening here and there I wish I had time to participate in, so I get the feeling of not being able to keep up, but now that I've become a father and have even less time to play I just completely ignore them, they are not the reason I set out to play in the first place. I think this one is a bit like giving up cigarettes, once you are over the barrier you realize there was never any reason to think it was important in the first place.

2. This is a bit like getting the hottest computer hardware very early on, you pay a hefty price and someone can come along a few years later and get the same hardware for a fraction of the price. You pay/put in the effort to have something "before" a lot of other people. The value of a premium tank isn't what you paid for it compared to what others have to pay for it down the road, in the end the important thing is wether you like it or not, it's not an investment you can get a return on anyways.

3. This is a bit like point 1, we sort of convince ourselves that we have to complete some daily ratio, and it's just borderline addiction. This isn't a job, and if it starts to feel like one you are going at it the wrong way. Always do what you want to do, not what you think needs to be done.

4. This is of course individual, but I suspect that for a large part of the playerbase the game would feel a bit stale if the pace was the same for 10 years.

5. The game is a bit like that, but it's not really 1 vs. 29, it's 1 "vs" 14 + 15 vs. 15. Your team as a whole plays against the other team, while at the same time you play "against" your own team to get as much damage and/or assist as possible. It's a bit like standing in a crowd and someone dumping a pile of dollar bills over them, and then they all scramble to hoard as much of it as possible for themselves, where team "effort" much of the time is a by-product.

6. This touches on point 3, if you think that you should be able to complete everything then it becomes a job. I have only one single long term goal for the game, which is the same as I've had for years, to collect all T10 tanks from the tech trees. Some sessions I only play a few select tanks that I grind, sometimes I want a huge variety and play many of them and sometimes I play 90% of the battles in that session in one or two of the tanks I like the most and a few battles in the others.  

Draakard #145 Posted 09 October 2020 - 09:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 23886 battles

View Postunhappy__bunny, on 15 January 2020 - 04:16 AM, said:

>> How do you get 15 random strangers to play together? <<

This is perhaps one of the main reasons why people should not have to high expectations in Random Battles.

Personally I haven't played Random Battles for months, simply because I don't find it enjoyable in its current state.

I enjoy Steel Hunter and will be back to play the next round of battles.

There are other games out there and nobody is forcing anyone to play WOT all the time.

Edited by Draakard, 09 October 2020 - 09:57 PM.

kejmo #146 Posted 10 October 2020 - 12:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 43065 battles
  • [MFURY] MFURY

Well, one reason why people stop playing + what makes this game rapidly deterioting in quality is this. Tadaaaaaaaaam : 

When you know that you play a game where more than 60% of the players are absolute idiots...well, thats reason enough why people leave. 

Or on the other hand, those that stay steel their nerves (or lose their sanity) by constantly competing against people with limited thinking capability + fantastic balance this game offers.

Miljac72 #147 Posted 10 October 2020 - 06:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 61560 battles

View Postkejmo, on 09 October 2020 - 11:49 PM, said:

When you know that you play a game where more than 60% of the players are absolute idiots...well, thats reason enough hy people leave. 

Or in other worlds: Why should you play a game if you will win against morons?

AmphetamineLogic #148 Posted 10 October 2020 - 09:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 5665 battles
The main reason I stop playing is because it's getting late and I really should get some kip.

CptBarney #149 Posted 10 October 2020 - 09:53 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 18996 battles
Got bored and wasn’t happy with most of the changes going on at the time plus irl stuff as well.

barison1 #150 Posted 10 October 2020 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 49139 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View Postkejmo, on 10 October 2020 - 12:49 AM, said:

Well, one reason why people stop playing + what makes this game rapidly deterioting in quality is this. Tadaaaaaaaaam : 

When you know that you play a game where more than 60% of the players are absolute idiots...well, thats reason enough why people leave. 

Or on the other hand, those that stay steel their nerves (or lose their sanity) by constantly competing against people with limited thinking capability + fantastic balance this game offers.

there cant be good players without bad players

qpranger #151 Posted 10 October 2020 - 12:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 38889 battles
  • [HAMMY] HAMMY
I stop playing when Frontline ends.

Element6 #152 Posted 10 October 2020 - 12:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 33523 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postkejmo, on 10 October 2020 - 12:49 AM, said:

You do realize that this distribution is the same whatever activity you chose, right?

If you set 5 million people up to play chess, the distribution would look quite similar to this. If you set 5 million people up to take a math test, the distribution would look very similar, and if you set up 5 million people to run a 100m sprint against each other, the distribution would look very similar. This has nothing to do with people being idiots, it's got to do with only a handful of people are ever truly unicums compared to the rest of the population, whatever the subject or activity we speak of. 

Rati_Festa #153 Posted 10 October 2020 - 01:15 PM

Major

• Player
  • 54064 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostElement6, on 10 October 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

You do realize that this distribution is the same whatever activity you chose, right?

If you set 5 million people up to play chess, the distribution would look quite similar to this. If you set 5 million people up to take a math test, the distribution would look very similar, and if you set up 5 million people to run a 100m sprint against each other, the distribution would look very similar. This has nothing to do with people being idiots, it's got to do with only a handful of people are ever truly unicums compared to the rest of the population, whatever the subject or activity we speak of. 

Very true, WN8 is segmented very disproportionately with regards to the colours. For example, looking from left to right by the time you get to the blue you are in the top 5% so it's not the best visual way of segmenting the data.

The graphic would be far more informative if it showed comparative data per year ( snap shots ), I have a sneaky suspicion that would reveal what the poster intended far better.

Playing last night at high tiers t8 and t10 it was more a matter of who had the least bots won, some truly awful levels of stupidity on display from a gameplay perspective in opponents and allies alike. In past years I would have expected to see this level of play in mid tiers now it's frequently seen at t10.

Rakii #154 Posted 10 October 2020 - 02:31 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14331 battles

1) There are too many things you might try in real world ... just take it easy it´s just a game ...

2) Probably very rare opinion. well there are still many tanks you can´t get for "free" ... Well I like it,... 

3) same as #1 ....  you can try to change the server or just let it be ...

4) Iam with you here,... I would also prefer slower gameplay without formulas and others rockets ...

5) It has been like that since beginning,... get a clan or friend(s) to play with (you will have better chance to win a battle in a good platoon)

6) Too grindy? not really. It used to be much harder to reach tier 10 or anything in the past.

Well there are diferent missions and such but we are at #1 again

You can play a few minures or a few hours per day and still enjoy the game but if you want to own all tanks, do all missions / events or mark all tanks that´s a different story and you need lots of time but that´s fine.

I had a break some time ago so do the same if you want and you will come back in the future eventually.

GL:)

Edited by Rakii, 10 October 2020 - 02:33 PM.

owlooc #155 Posted 11 October 2020 - 08:54 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5958 battles

View PostRati_Festa, on 10 October 2020 - 01:15 PM, said:

Very true, WN8 is segmented very disproportionately with regards to the colours. For example, looking from left to right by the time you get to the blue you are in the top 5% so it's not the best visual way of segmenting the data.

The graphic would be far more informative if it showed comparative data per year ( snap shots ), I have a sneaky suspicion that would reveal what the poster intended far better.

Playing last night at high tiers t8 and t10 it was more a matter of who had the least bots won, some truly awful levels of stupidity on display from a gameplay perspective in opponents and allies alike. In past years I would have expected to see this level of play in mid tiers now it's frequently seen at t10.

The bots are my problem with this game.

And frequently, indeed, it is just a game of who has the least bots.

Surely, writing an algorithm to detect bots should be possible, right?

LethalWalou #156 Posted 11 October 2020 - 09:20 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View Postowlooc, on 11 October 2020 - 07:54 PM, said:

The bots are my problem with this game.

And frequently, indeed, it is just a game of who has the least bots.

Surely, writing an algorithm to detect bots should be possible, right?

Do you have a working algorithm in mind that you would be willing to share? Or at least what should the program look into to try to detect botting.

I'm although mostly interested in how you determine the accounts you meet in game to be bots to begin with.

frange #157 Posted 11 October 2020 - 10:13 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34365 battles
  • [FRNR] FRNR
Once again - the match rigging called RNG along with roflstop-matchmaking. Have recrutied 4 friends during the last few years and none of them lasted for more than 200 matches - specifically due to the constant roflstomp-loss-matchmaking, usually the last sentence they give before uninstalling is just "But why the **** do we ALWAYS get the loosing teams 10 times in a row even when performing raher good stats wise?!?"

LethalWalou #158 Posted 11 October 2020 - 11:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36564 battles

View Postfrange, on 11 October 2020 - 09:13 PM, said:

Once again - the match rigging called RNG along with roflstop-matchmaking. Have recrutied 4 friends during the last few years and none of them lasted for more than 200 matches - specifically due to the constant roflstomp-loss-matchmaking, usually the last sentence they give before uninstalling is just "But why the **** do we ALWAYS get the loosing teams 10 times in a row even when performing raher good stats wise?!?"

I'm very happy that such players who blame everything but themselves for losses are leaving the game.

Also, how is the MM ''roflstomp--loss-matchmaking'' and how would you change it to not be such? You want it to actually be rigged and nerf the team that has an advantage so the snowball is avoided? And you want it to guarantee you wins when you don't deserve them?

Edited by LethalWalou, 11 October 2020 - 11:05 PM.

VeryRisky #159 Posted 12 October 2020 - 12:08 AM

General

• Player
  • 18954 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
If I stop playing a game it's because I don't have time or don't want to.   Never a big upset, just fades away.

I've had a couple of long breaks from WoT, but I'm playing again.   Mind you, I'm only playing elite tanks and not focusing missions.

Robbie_T #160 Posted 12 October 2020 - 03:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23899 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

1 reason the stupidity of players 

The game has become a pool of the most stupid players i have met in any game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users